Casey Anthony's Time-line Is Shrinking - UPDATE 8/10/08

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OK that was a bit creepy for me watching Cindy rub Lee's leg that way.... take a look and see if anyone agrees

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/25780342#25780342

The leg thing was different. I have never seen that video before. I am sure this has been discussed before, but why would the first thing CA said she would say to CA is "I forgive you"? And she is biting her lip after she answers every question.
I did think it was appropriate when the judge said "It appears to the court that you care so little for your child..." and CA nodded yes.

Also the teddy bear that someone else said was missing in another thread is in this video. Did it come up missing later?

WTH is a "nurse of decomposition?" She can't keep her mouth shut, can she? Cindy's "air time" is going to do her in. And as Martha Stewart says, "That's a good thing!"

I'm no Cindy fan. Far from it. But...

What we heard: "I've smelled the odor. I'm a nurse of decomposition."

What she actually said:
1. I've smelled the odor of decomposition.

2. I'm a nurse.

Statement 2 was interjected in the middle of statement 1.

"I am a nurse of decomposition" and lots more.
Patty, Thanks so much for all you do!

What the heck is a "nurse of decompostion?"
Another prize out of the mouth of CinA.
She seems to really like the word maggots.
Someone please correct me, but I am under the impression maggots feed only on decomposing flesh.
Every time I hear this woman go on about old pizza,
I want to scream, OLD PIZZA DOES NOT SMELL LIKE DECAYING FLESH!
As much as I wish she would just keep her mouth closed, she may again slip up and say something useful.

I am still looking for the video of Cindy saying she tucked Caylee and Casey in bed on June 15th.

Actually, what George did to remember the time is completely natural: Memory studies show that we connect incidents with activities and places already "tagged" in our minds. (In fact, you can improve your memory by practicing such associations.)

The major problem with reconstructing these days is that memory fades very, very quickly and most of us have a tendency to transpose parts of recollections onto other events. (We spent last weekend with my girlfriend's sister and three sons, but when we compared our memories of sequences and events, both of us were very spotty. I should admit that my girlfriend's recollections were much more detailed than my own.)

That was actually what I was trying to point out. On wither it was a normal thing in it's self.

The guy with the shovel, he also based the when.. on what he was doing at the time she asked for it and when she returned it. And he was doing those thingsa t such and such time.

It's based upon what is going on in that persons life. What is important to them.

Since it was your GF's sister and the sisters kids.... a lot more stuff going on, who was doing what, etc.. that in it's self might be more important to the gf, then you. Hence, she might remember more detail. Alot of the stuff she would remember, she automaticly attached it to older memories or reasoning.

CA said her mom might have heard Caylee in the background while taking to KC. She might have heard a little girl and didn't focus on it, cause such a sound would be 'normal.' Any such sound would automaticly, mentally expalined away cause KC has a little girl. However, if KC didn't have a child, then her mind would want to know who was the little girl.

Some times our mind makes automaticly thought judgements that we don't realize. Granny might really have heard a little girl. Doesn't mean it's Caylee. KC did go with a friend who has children to the park one day. If granny called during that time frame, granny would assume any young child she heard was Caylee.

The reason folks can see the very same events and each tell the story differently, is because we store the memory based upon how we understand what we saw. We do that based upon past experiences, etc. We make moment judements about what we see and hear. What each one witnessed is the truth. The problem is when one tried to make what their opinion is as fact. It's the opinion of what happened that is the differences. It takes someone else, who wasn't involved, to interview everyong, who is most likely to come up with a more clear picture of what happened. They get to 'see' from many angles, etc.

BTW: None of that is about wither GA was lying or making up stuff. I would like to point that.

I gota go. Hubby is demanding family time. LOL! Seems folks think I need to get off the computer.

The leg thing was weird. My son is 25. We have a healthy, loving relationship, more affectionate than most. We hug often and end phone conversations with "I love you". I sometimes address him by his childhood nickname, the one only his dad and I called him. He tolerates it jovially, and we laugh. At my brother's funeral last summer, I alternately leaned on him and my husband, much as Cindy did in that interview. However, I never would have stroked his leg in that manner. LA must've been so uncomfortable. What could he do with the camera trained on him?

It's probably inconsequential to Caylee's disappearance, but telling of the unusual family dynamic.

A side note: As a teenager, I observed my friend's father touch her in a similar manner and thought it was creepy. Didn't seem right. Years later, I learned that he sexually abused her.

I loved that part!

Patty, Thanks so much for keeping up with these seemingly never ending links! After seeing this one for the first time, all I can say is WOW! Since this was early on, the GP demeanor was a little different, but the interactions between the 2 were telling to me also. I had to watch it a couple of times and couldn't take my eyes off of it. You Rock Patty! :blowkiss:

"I am a nurse of decomposition" and lots more.
Patty, Thanks so much for all you do!

What the heck is a "nurse of decompostion?"
Another prize out of the mouth of CinA.
She seems to really like the word maggots.
Someone please correct me, but I am under the impression maggots feed only on decomposing flesh.
Every time I hear this woman go on about old pizza,
I want to scream, OLD PIZZA DOES NOT SMELL LIKE DECAYING FLESH!
As much as I wish she would just keep her mouth closed, she may again slip up and say something useful.

Yeah, and did you notice how George kept trying to get her to shut up? I think even he realized "she was saying too much!"

Hi! I am new here. I've been following this case since Day 1. I've read so many reports and documents on it, and I was happy to come across this website, because I've read some very logical theories and timelines on here. I remember reading in Tony's statement to police that he hadn't seen Caylee since the very beginning of June. So unless Casey had her sleep in the car, while she went in and slept with Tony, then it seems like she probably did die right after Father's Day. If she was alive until the end of June, where would Casey have kept her?

At first I was thinking that Caylee's death was accidental. However, if that were the case, even if she was trying to cover it up or was in shock from accidentally killing her daughter, Casey could not just go on w/ life that fast. She was out partying a few days later and cooking for the boyfriend and playing Suzie Homemaker. I think she did the same thing as that woman, Susan S, who purposely drown her young sons in her car. Susan wanted to be w/ some boyfriend who didnt want kids around. That was her whole motive for killing them. I think that Casey was in love with Tony and wanted Caylee out of the picture. Maybe she was going to make Caylee's death look like an accident (drowning in the pool perhaps). Then she freaked out and realized that wouldnt work. I am wondering if the repeated phone calls to her parents were to make sure they weren't on their way home or to check their location. She didn't think her plan out well enough, so she had to move the body to the trunk of her car and dispose of it elsewhere. Tony says in the police report, that she didnt act different or strange around the time Caylee supposedly disappeared. Casey was always at his place when he got off work or school.. So I agree with the timeline and think perhaps George made up the whole story about seeing her on the 24th and finding the gas cans.

There is still a small part of me that wonders about their backyard though. I would like to see the whole backyard excavated.

That was actually what I was trying to point out. On wither it was a normal thing in it's self.

The guy with the shovel, he also based the when.. on what he was doing at the time she asked for it and when she returned it. And he was doing those thingsa t such and such time.

It's based upon what is going on in that persons life. What is important to them.

Since it was your GF's sister and the sisters kids.... a lot more stuff going on, who was doing what, etc.. that in it's self might be more important to the gf, then you. Hence, she might remember more detail. Alot of the stuff she would remember, she automaticly attached it to older memories or reasoning.

CA said her mom might have heard Caylee in the background while taking to KC. She might have heard a little girl and didn't focus on it, cause such a sound would be 'normal.' Any such sound would automaticly, mentally expalined away cause KC has a little girl. However, if KC didn't have a child, then her mind would want to know who was the little girl.

Some times our mind makes automaticly thought judgements that we don't realize. Granny might really have heard a little girl. Doesn't mean it's Caylee. KC did go with a friend who has children to the park one day. If granny called during that time frame, granny would assume any young child she heard was Caylee.

The reason folks can see the very same events and each tell the story differently, is because we store the memory based upon how we understand what we saw. We do that based upon past experiences, etc. We make moment judements about what we see and hear. What each one witnessed is the truth. The problem is when one tried to make what their opinion is as fact. It's the opinion of what happened that is the differences. It takes someone else, who wasn't involved, to interview everyong, who is most likely to come up with a more clear picture of what happened. They get to 'see' from many angles, etc.

BTW: None of that is about wither GA was lying or making up stuff. I would like to point that.

I gota go. Hubby is demanding family time. LOL! Seems folks think I need to get off the computer.

Thanks for such a great post. What you say about my girlfriend's family visit and about memory generally is really perceptive.

Interviewing people really early makes a huge difference. Even with the best efforts, the time gap in this case is not easily filled.

Hi! I am new here. I've been following this case since Day 1. I've read so many reports and documents on it, and I was happy to come across this website, because I've read some very logical theories and timelines on here. I remember reading in Tony's statement to police that he hadn't seen Caylee since the very beginning of June. So unless Casey had her sleep in the car, while she went in and slept with Tony, then it seems like she probably did die right after Father's Day. If she was alive until the end of June, where would Casey have kept her?

At first I was thinking that Caylee's death was accidental. However, if that were the case, even if she was trying to cover it up or was in shock from accidentally killing her daughter, Casey could not just go on w/ life that fast. She was out partying a few days later and cooking for the boyfriend and playing Suzie Homemaker. I think she did the same thing as that woman, Susan S, who purposely drown her young sons in her car. Susan wanted to be w/ some boyfriend who didnt want kids around. That was her whole motive for killing them. I think that Casey was in love with Tony and wanted Caylee out of the picture. Maybe she was going to make Caylee's death look like an accident (drowning in the pool perhaps). Then she freaked out and realized that wouldnt work. I am wondering if the repeated phone calls to her parents were to make sure they weren't on their way home or to check their location. She didn't think her plan out well enough, so she had to move the body to the trunk of her car and dispose of it elsewhere. Tony says in the police report, that she didnt act different or strange around the time Caylee supposedly disappeared. Casey was always at his place when he got off work or school.. So I agree with the timeline and think perhaps George made up the whole story about seeing her on the 24th and finding the gas cans.

There is still a small part of me that wonders about their backyard though. I would like to see the whole backyard excavated.

Welcome, Lucy54. What you say about murder and motive might be right, but I think that a person like Casey might respond identically whether or not the death was intentional, negligent, or simply accidental. The pattern of her lying indicates that she's always been willing to patch together excuses and move on.

Except Lee! In fact I have a sneaky suspicion that he may be working with LE.....JMO

Hi, Sammielizabeth. Cindy is a loose cannon dimwit and George is clearly overwhelmed by his wife, the situation, and the media circus, but I honestly don't see any reason to think that they are "in on it." In fact, one wonders whether Casey's gruesome gamble might still be unknown to police if Cindy hadn't made those calls. Clearly, Casey is no master criminal, but her radical life change plan might have remained unreported if she had maintained her various charades.

Since all this began, I have had such a strong feeling about that backyard. I think TM needs to get in there with his ground penetrating equipment. Caylee played there a lot, it seems - playhouse, sandbox - and it is "close."

Darlene- I have the same strong feeling about the Anthony backyard, that she was there, then in the car trunk, then back to the backyard for permanent burial. How or when this could have been done I don't know, but believe George helped bury her there.
That's why he and Cindy are so confident that Caylee's body will not be found.

I think maybe the one truth Casey may have spoken was when she said Caylee would be home for her birthday! That's one thing that made me think she's there at the home.

Let's hope we are both wrong and that Tim Miller and his group will find Caylee's body so this long nightmare can be ended and Casey can be charged and found guilty of murder.

I am still looking for the video of Cindy saying she tucked Caylee and Casey in bed on June 15th.

Me, too! I really think CA wanted to cover up that they were both there on the 15th, and that everything was just fine on the 16th.

With Casey being as volatile and controlling as she is, and if the fight was that bad with her parents, it doesn't seem like she'd stay there. And it seems like she would take Caylee with her to spite Cindy, especially if there had been conversations leading up to the fact that Casey needed to step up to the plate and be a mother to Caylee. Maybe she had used Chloroform in the past as a "babysitter" for Caylee, and with her anger out of control at her parents and at Caylee for being, in her mind, the reason for all of the problems, could she have used the Chloroform for too long on Caylee and killed her on the 15th. After that, she put her in the trunk until the next day. Feeling justified for what she had done, could she have then gone on to Tony's that night like nothing happened? I don't put anything past her - she doesn't have the feelings or emotions of a normal human being.

Patty ~

I found this news report, from 8/4/08, so we are not alone in thinking we heard it:

(JG), "ex-fiance of Caylee's jailed mother Casey, was the only person who said he'd seen or heard Caylee past the date of June 15th, when grandmother Cindy Anthony says she tucked Caylee and Casey into bed, then never saw Caylee again."

http://wdbo.com/news/08_0804_exfiance_changesstory.html

Here is Cindy right after the bond hearing where she states: "I am a nurse of decomposition" and lots more.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/video/?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=2720701

Wow, I've never seen that video. Two thoughts:

- What the heck is a nurse of decomposition?

- GA got really antsy when CA started giving specifics...stating she had receipts to show where Casey was for the last two weeks but LE wasn't interested. GA's comments, "We need to go, we need to go, the information needs to stop." GA clearly wanted CA to shut up. Why would GA not want Cindy saying that...it seems innocent enough to me, unless he is trying to hide something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back