Casey at Colonial High

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never bought it either. Especially seeing the excuses she wings around for not following thru with plans, ie George had a stroke.

My mom had seizures (scary ones) but they only happened when my siblings and I were fighting, or when she could'nt control certain situations. It wasn't until I was 15 that I realized they were fake. That's when they stopped. Casey always seemed to need attention, so I can believe the seizure was faked!

*hugs*, sistah- we survive, don't we? :blowkiss:

yup yup yup and YUP! My mom was like Cindy too, I see Cindy and my tummy flips because she reminds me sooo much of my mother.

I never knew that I like Jelly and dislike Jam until I was in my late 20's when I began therapy and even after I figured it out- one time while my mother and I were shopping together (each of us had our own households) I grabbed jelly and put it into my buggy and my mother reached in grabbed my jelly and put it back on the shelf and put Jam in my buggy. So I said "Mom- I hate Jam" and took it back out. She put it back in and said "No you don't- this is what you always eat" I said, " I have not eaten it since I moved out of your house when I was 19". And she laughed at me and put the jam in my buggy and went on with her shopping.

I recall christmas's where my husband and I would have family over and she would come with her fake smiles covering her spitting insults about everything in sight- my home, my hair, my food, my clothes, my childs hair, his clothes.. me, just me, period.

I have been suicidal and a self mutilator for as long as I can remember. But I have no memorys whatsoever before the age of 6. Hated myself-destroyed everything and everyone I came in contact with. I felt ugly and needy and anxious and lonely and sad and angry and empty and scared. I sought out men who caused me pain because I felt I deserved it.. I sought out pain period because I thought I deserved it. and more than anything in the world I just wanted my mom to love and accept me and she didn't. How on earth could I love me if my own mother couldn't? I ended up being everything she accused me of being and worse. The worse was my touch, for the spit in her face touch!

Our good enough is never good enough. ever! Nothing we can ever do will please them... enough. We just have to accept that and stop trying to make them happy and start trying to change our life and make sure we can someday be happy and safe and "normal". Screw that B!tch!

Parents don't realize what they do to their children. but they need to- they really really need to!

Hugs...from one survivor to another...

KC at CHS seems to have turned into a mother bashing thread. I'm sure glad I'm not under the microscope.
What was that 5th commandment???.???...

5th Commandment? Honor thy father and thy Mother. It seems we are off topic but we can't go on any of these threads regarding Casey or Caylee without bringing up motherhood or fatherhood. I'm glad you are not under the microscope too and I hope that you have wonderful memories of growing up with your mother. But some of us fall under the category of having mothers like Cindy and it brings back bad memories and honoring our mother is just not in the cards.

When I was a teen, I had a lot in common w/ Casey, it's pretty scary. I am now a proud mother, w/ more empathy (I cry at the drop of a hat) than one person needs, law abiding and happy.
I dropped o ut of highschool in my second semester of my senior year, took my GED and missed 3 pts from a perfect score, hid a pregnancy (in denial) for 5mos. I was very very promiscuous, partied all the time. I was never a law breaker though.

5th Commandment? Honor thy father and thy Mother. It seems we are off topic but we can't go on any of these threads regarding Casey or Caylee without bringing up motherhood or fatherhood. I'm glad you are not under the microscope too and I hope that you have wonderful memories of growing up with your mother. But some of us fall under the category of having mothers like Cindy and it brings back bad memories and honoring our mother is just not in the cards.

:clap::clap::clap: And some parent's are not worth honoring, evil comes in all forms, including parents. It might be off topic but it sure does help to know you are not the only one raised in such an F*d up family. Unless someone has sat there & wondered, as a child, what could be wrong with them cause mommy & daddy don't love me, they never get it all the way.
:blowkiss: to everyone out there who has over come being born to such horrible parents.

KC at CHS seems to have turned into a mother bashing thread. I'm sure glad I'm not under the microscope.
What was that 5th commandment???.???...

People are noticing patterns of behavior in both Casey and Cindy that are familiar to them.. each person who grew up in that same manner is seeing it and pointing it out. When this type of dysfunction is present, survivors recognize it. It is what it is, it's not as if anyone is making up any of the behaviors seen in either woman.. we are just stating what is.

When I was a teen, I had a lot in common w/ Casey, it's pretty scary. I am now a proud mother, w/ more empathy (I cry at the drop of a hat) than one person needs, law abiding and happy.
I dropped o ut of highschool in my second semester of my senior year, took my GED and missed 3 pts from a perfect score, hid a pregnancy (in denial) for 5mos. I was very very promiscuous, partied all the time. I was never a law breaker though.

Everyone goes through things, we all make mistakes, some of them are pretty bad ones but most of us can control ourselves to a certain degree (don't kill people, I mean it's not like that's asking a lot of someone, ya know? LOL) and we grow up eventually.

I'm sorry, I certainly don't mean to pick a fight, but I don't buy that. Students receive graded papers and tests all through each grading period. He had to have had some clue he was failing. It's often easier to come up with some excuse about how it was a total shock (my bil did that) but there's really no way the student could be completely blind-sided.

Occasionally, my daughters teachers will assign a project and tell the class it's half the grade. If you don't do the project, bingo, you fail. But that's only for that six weeks, not the whole semester.

I have to agree with you on this. If someone is going to be even close to being unable to graduate there are many conferences with guidance and teachers. My guess is that was an excuse and he most likely needed a lot more. I have heard that excuse many times and I don't believe it with KC either. The only person telling that is CA and we all know she lies.

People are noticing patterns of behavior in both Casey and Cindy that are familiar to them.. each person who grew up in that same manner is seeing it and pointing it out. When this type of dysfunction is present, survivors recognize it. It is what it is, it's not as if anyone is making up any of the behaviors seen in either woman.. we are just stating what is.

Very well said.
:clap::woohoo::clap:

I am very lucky to have had a mother who I could truly call my best friend. I never had to do laundry, cook, clean, or even make my bed for that matter while I lived under her roof. I never took that for granted for one minute. The best way to repay her was to go out into the world and be the best person I could be. I learned by her example. I only hope I'm 1/2 the mother she was. It's 22 years almost to the minute that she died. I have never stopped missing her...my heart still aches for my mother, my friend. I do wish that everyone could be blessed as I was.

im glad you were blessed, and im sorry for your loss

I find that the entire family talks this way. They all try to come off sounding intelligent and they frequently make similar mistakes in their word usage.

ITA-I get embarrassed for them when I hear them misuse big, "S.A.T." words Just another example of the Anthonys putting forth the facade they want you to believe about them.

There's been a lot of discussion about that. IMO there's something very wrong for someone NOT to graduate because they didn't have 1/2 a credit. 1/2 a credit is easy to pick up, and to opt to have no diploma rather than having one...strange. Most would just do whatever they had to to knock out half a credit. When you're that close...

Of course, this brings us back to consequences of actions. Would love to hear KC's take on this. What is a valid reason for not finishing 1/2 credit?

Something odd there, it could be the 1/2 credit stuff is the "story" CA tells...and the truth is she was short a lot of credits. Or, it could be something else, don't know.

Exactly! If it originated with Cindy, then it is suspect right off the bat. She talked of Casey graduating under oath, and Casey never did graduate...

I thought from the start that KC was an educated and intelligent person. Intelligence does not guarantee common sense or empathy. She also seems to be hyperaware of her intelligence therefore she feels superior to others. She is intelligent to the point of disassociating from any emotion she should be experiencing in this situation. Since she is no longer in school or in a job her only validation comes from being able to attract men. Not a big accomplishment.

I am sorry, but I must, in all respect, disagree with this completely and utterly. Casey is NOT intelligent in the least. Intelligence and Casey are not even acquaintances of one another. She has enough of a vocabulary to get by on, but I have not been impressed with her at all. She strikes me as more of the clever and cunning type than the super intelligent type. I think CINDY wanted her to be more intelligent than she is, and she pushed her much harder than Casey could handle. Intelligence does not disassociate your from your emotions-it connects you to them and enables you to wade through the deep ones and surf over the waves. She could also have obtained validation through the love of her child, who would have adored her above all others and never forsaken her IF she had but been her mother...Sadly and often people who are imaginative and clever are mistaken for intelligent, and I think this is the case with Casey. She just isn't that smart.:blowkiss:

To me this is totally believable. Casey seems very smart to me although I think her common sense/street smarts lacks obviously. I can see her being a good student and a perfectionist. It's obvious that she does not like to be "wrong"..that was evident in the interview with LE especially when they asked about her Universal name badge. The detective was saying but you don't have one...and she said YES I DO blah blah blah..she definitely doesn't like being corrected. Thanks for posting.

There is a disorder known as Oppositional Defiant Disorder, and Casey may have a small case. These folks defy authority of any kind, and will not be told what to do. They will hurt them selves to prove someone else wrong in a heartbeat. They OPPOSE everything-even somthing that they may have agreed with earlier today, they will find a way to offer opposition if you come over to their way of thinking. They cannot stand for anyone but THEM to ever be right. Maybe Casey has a LEGION of disorders that will take them the remainder of the century to figure out...if they EVER can figure out Casey!:eek:

Physics is suppose to be one the hardest classes, so I wonder if this is the one that kept Casey from graduating and that is why Cindy wanted to talk to the teacher about grades. I don't really think it's wrong for a parent to be involved even through High School since they can go to jail if the kid drops out before age 18. I don't see how a teacher knows someone is controlling just from one student among many in one class unless teachers were comparing parents or something.[/QUOTE]

In small towns like the one that I reside within everyone knows everyone is the rule. I know that parents can get a reputation just as easily as students can. I have seen these "hovering" parents in my own involvements in my children's school activities, and personally, they make me nervous. Let your kid live for the love of God! is what I would say to them if it were not so "politically incorrect"...:crazy:

Anyhow, in small towns and big towns, teachers DO talk and they DO compare notes, and when there is a particular parent that is a certain way that is annoying to the masses, then you bet your bottom dollar it is going to be discussed...

There is a disorder known as Oppositional Defiant Disorder, and Casey may have a small case. These folks defy authority of any kind, and will not be told what to do. They will hurt them selves to prove someone else wrong in a heartbeat. They OPPOSE everything-even somthing that they may have agreed with earlier today, they will find a way to offer opposition if you come over to their way of thinking. They cannot stand for anyone but THEM to ever be right. Maybe Casey has a LEGION of disorders that will take them the remainder of the century to figure out...if they EVER can figure out Casey!:eek:
Is it really worth the time???
We have all got lives we want to live & be successful living.
Somewhere in the BIBLE it says: Let the DEAD buried their DEAD. RIP.:boohoo:

There's been a lot of discussion about that. IMO there's something very wrong for someone NOT to graduate because they didn't have 1/2 a credit. 1/2 a credit is easy to pick up, and to opt to have no diploma rather than having one...strange. Most would just do whatever they had to to knock out half a credit. When you're that close...

Of course, this brings us back to consequences of actions. Would love to hear KC's take on this. What is a valid reason for not finishing 1/2 credit?

Something odd there, it could be the 1/2 credit stuff is the "story" CA tells...and the truth is she was short a lot of credits. Or, it could be something else, don't know.

I got pregnant in high school and was stuck in a home for unwed mothers for 6 months. Things were different in 1969 and I wasnt given a choice. I had to give up my daughter for adoption. But because I was away from my high school and I wasnt able to get all the classes I needed at the "home" when it came to senior year I was short 1/2 credit. I was able to take a cooking class at night to make up the credit. In all my days of schooling, that was the BEST class I had ever taken. It was the most fun, fullfilling class I had ever taken! So, 1/2 a credit could have been done in a very, short period of time.

I never bought it either. Especially seeing the excuses she wings around for not following thru with plans, ie George had a stroke.

In my state, there is a law that prohibits anyone under the age of 18 from obtaining a driver's license if they haven't graduated high school Perhaps this is the reason at 18 Casey had only gotten her permit.
Speaking of seizures, she very well could have had one, but not necessarily from some underlying medical condition. It could very well have been from substance abuse, either an OD or withdrawal depending on the substance. Just a possibility.

I got pregnant in high school and was stuck in a home for unwed mothers for 6 months. Things were different in 1969 and I wasnt given a choice. I had to give up my daughter for adoption. But because I was away from my high school and I wasnt able to get all the classes I needed at the "home" when it came to senior year I was short 1/2 credit. I was able to take a cooking class at night to make up the credit. In all my days of schooling, that was the BEST class I had ever taken. It was the most fun, fullfilling class I had ever taken! So, 1/2 a credit could have been done in a very, short period of time.

Coming from a private school to my senior year in a public school I only needed 3 1/2 credits. Three classes, lunch, A "wood working class" as that was the only 1/2 credit class during that time period. That class lasted half a a school year and judging by that making up 1/2 credit should be a breeze.

I learned how to build the ugliest and most crooked dog house ever that year. :doh:

In my state, there is a law that prohibits anyone under the age of 18 from obtaining a driver's license if they haven't graduated high school Perhaps this is the reason at 18 Casey had only gotten her permit.
Speaking of seizures, she very well could have had one, but not necessarily from some underlying medical condition. It could very well have been from substance abuse, either an OD or withdrawal depending on the substance. Just a possibility.

I think the seizure was probably about as real as the miscarriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89