Casey at Colonial High

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Casey was short on credits, not by much but yes that was the deal. She didn't finish with her class, but her class still lists her as an Alumni. It may have been that close at the end.

wow. huh.. was she in the same class she started out in? I mean had she stayed back at all before?

My mother was the same way except I never married my boyfriend, but my mother told everyone we got married in Mexico. Now all my family thinks I've been married once more than I really was. I was told how "sorry" I am, and how I ruined her life for years. My mother is nothing like Cindy though, because mine would have never cared if I graduated, did drugs, who my friends were, where I went at night, whether I worked, etc. as long as it didn't affect or embarass her. There's no way I would ever have confided or turned to my mother for anything. Actually, I wouldn't have minded having Cindy as a mother in comparison and I'm not a psychopath or even depressed by it all. It's a shame that all girls can't have nice mothers.
I am very lucky to have had a mother who I could truly call my best friend. I never had to do laundry, cook, clean, or even make my bed for that matter while I lived under her roof. I never took that for granted for one minute. The best way to repay her was to go out into the world and be the best person I could be. I learned by her example. I only hope I'm 1/2 the mother she was. It's 22 years almost to the minute that she died. I have never stopped missing her...my heart still aches for my mother, my friend. I do wish that everyone could be blessed as I was.

Your mom was Bi-Polar or BPD?* I'm sorry I think you said in another post and I can't remember. Every time I see a post like yours I just want to cry. I know 3 little girls being raised by a mother who is bi polar. I just wish there was something I could do to protect them.

Her oldest was born to be her maid, which just gives her something else to insult.

*I don't mean to pry, pls don't respond if the question is too personal. :grouphug:

My mom is diagnosed with Borderline. I have Bipolar. That's probably why you were confused, no biggie! :)

Those poor babies.. I know what I put my son through before I got treatment and it's awful. At the time I didn't think so of course but looking back on it with my now sane mind, someone should have taken him from me.

I am very lucky to have had a mother who I could truly call my best friend. I never had to do laundry, cook, clean, or even make my bed for that matter while I lived under her roof. I never took that for granted for one minute. The best way to repay her was to go out into the world and be the best person I could be. I learned by her example. I only hope I'm 1/2 the mother she was. It's 22 years almost to the minute that she died. I have never stopped missing her...my heart still aches for my mother, my friend. I do wish that everyone could be blessed as I was.

:blowkiss: You are very lucky! I am so sorry for your loss!

:grouphug: It's the bond that time forgot. We grow up knowing we will out live our parents, but we're never told how to do it. It's been 4.5 years for me,
my mom passed on my wedding anniversary (Probably on purpose, to make sure I never forget the date LOL). I asked my husband to pick another day to celebrate. He doesn't get it and it may be one of the chinks that end the marriage.

You and your mom are in my prayers. It sounds like you are her living memorial. She was a lucky woman.

:grouphug: It's the bond that time forgot. We grow up knowing we will out live our parents, but we're never told how to do it. It's been 4.5 years for me,
my mom passed on my wedding anniversary (Probably on purpose, to make sure I never forget the date LOL). I asked my husband to pick another day to celebrate. He doesn't get it and it may be one of the chinks that end the marriage.

You and your mom are in my prayers. It sounds like you are her living memorial. She was a lucky woman.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter_parent
Foster W. Cline, M.D. and Jim Fay defined "helicopter parents" very precisely in a section on "ineffective parenting styles" in their 1990 book "Parenting with Love and Logic: Teaching Children Responsibility"[1]. It gained wide currency when American college administrators began using it in the early 2000s as the millennial generation began reaching college age. Their late-wave baby-boomer parents in turn earned notoriety for practices such as calling their children each morning to wake them up for class and complaining to their professors about grades the children had received..."

She sounds like a perfect example of this. Note it's described as an "ineffective parenting style." Ya think?

I did a Love & Logic seminar years ago (I highly recommend it to any parents here.) They discussed 3 parenting types: the helicopter (hovers, constantly goes in and "fixes" problems. They do not allow the child to gain confidence in their decisions), the drill sargent (tells the child what to do) and the consultant (the "best" parenting, "little kids = little consequences", so let kids learn how to make decisions, and also that their decisions have consequences.)

If you go to the loveandlogic.com website there's a list of helicopter traits. Cyndi definitely qualifies, imho.

I find it odd that she supposedly was very smart and took difficult classes. When I was in High School (long ago), It was very easy to have enough credits to graduate - if she as smart and active in academics - you think she would have had enough credits at mid term of her senior year-
Maybe she wanted to get back at her mom - what better way than to not graduate from high school?

Casey was short on credits, not by much but yes that was the deal. She didn't finish with her class, but her class still lists her as an Alumni. It may have been that close at the end.

Well she will have plenty of time in prison to get her GED, LOL!

I picture her taking on JB's identity and becoming a lawyer in prison, although I highly doubt she will ever get out and be able to practice....

I did a Love & Logic seminar years ago (I highly recommend it to any parents here.) They discussed 3 parenting types: the helicopter (hovers, constantly goes in and "fixes" problems. They do not allow the child to gain confidence in their decisions), the drill sargent (tells the child what to do) and the consultant (the "best" parenting, "little kids = little consequences", so let kids learn how to make decisions, and also that their decisions have consequences.)

If you go to the loveandlogic.com website there's a list of helicopter traits. Cyndi definitely qualifies, imho.

My mother is a retired teacher-all of these terms are very familiar. Cindy is the poster child for helicopter parents. If they had a club, she'd be the President.

Well she will have plenty of time in prison to get her GED, LOL!

I picture her taking on JB's identity and becoming a lawyer in prison, although I highly doubt she will ever get out and be able to practice....

You know, you are probably spot on. Once again, what a waste.

My mother is a retired teacher-all of these terms are very familiar. Cindy is the poster child for helicopter parents. If they had a club, she'd be the President.
I have never heard the term helicopter parent before. However, in my years of working in schools, I consistently preferred working in low-income schools as the parents are not so interferring.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you, I have always felt lucky for the years we had. Even the ones that weren't so great. :)

I'm happy for you and your son.:hug: I've always thought children are a gift.

Then Cindy physically drover her to an interview 2004-and hooked KC up with an actual job at Universal.....if u look at it...kc can’t do anything unless Cindy does it for her.....

Didn't KC only have a learner's permit? If so, I can understand why CA drove her 18 yo to Universal for the job interview. And as someone who drives on I-4 regularly, I can tell you, it can be a frightening trip. :eek:

Didn't KC only have a learner's permit? If so, I can understand why CA drove her 18 yo to Universal for the job interview. And as someone who drives on I-4 regularly, I can tell you, it can be a frightening trip. :eek:

There are other roads you can take other than I-4 to get to Universal. She was 18 years old, not 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat