Casey defense team files motion to dismiss case--Could KC walk!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at the Sentinel article again and they have added this:

In addition, the defense filed a document asking the judge to grant a previous request from the state, which asked for a transcript of Casey Anthony's father's s testimony before the grand jury. George Anthony's appearance before the grand jury preceded his daughter's indictment.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...nthony-defense-motions-091709,0,3657298.story

The latest filing in the Casey Anthony murder case on Thursday was the boldest to date.

Also filed on Thursday were motions related to the Orange County Jail. The defense wants a protective order prohibiting the jail from videotaping attorney visits with Anthony at the jail.

And it wants the jail to destroy videos of Anthony and her family.

This story is developing.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,3657298.story

The undercurrent of entitlement never ceases with these two. Why doesn't he just ask to have her set up in a suite at the Holiday Inn ?

Lawyers Want All Charges Dropped In Anthony Murder Case
Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:33:29 PM

snipped:
Reported by Jacqueline Fell

ORLANDO - The latest bombshell in the Casey Anthony murder case came in form of a court motion asking for all charges to be dropped.

Anthony is in the Orange County jail on charges of first degree murder in the death of her toddler daughter Caylee Anthony. The mother claims the girl was kidnapped by a nanny.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/9/17/reported_by_jacqueline_fell.html

I just looked at the Sentinel article again and they have added this:

In addition, the defense filed a document asking the judge to grant a previous request from the state, which asked for a transcript of Casey Anthony's father's s testimony before the grand jury. George Anthony's appearance before the grand jury preceded his daughter's indictment.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...nthony-defense-motions-091709,0,3657298.story

I SO want to read what he said...

is that bad? :innocent:

The latest filing in the Casey Anthony murder case on Thursday was the boldest to date.

Anthony's defense team is asking Circuit Judge Stan Strickland to dismiss the case.

And just in case Strickland isn't inclined to get rid of the case in which Anthony is charged with first-degree murder, defense attorneys also filed an amended motion about a change of venue. The defense suggests Miami-Dade, Broward or Palm Beach counties as possible places for the murder trial, which is unscheduled but could come to court sometime in 2010.

Also filed on Thursday were motions related to the Orange County Jail. The defense wants a protective order prohibiting the jail from videotaping attorney visits with Anthony at the jail.

And it wants the jail to destroy videos of Anthony and her family.

This story is developing.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,3657298.story

How about filing a motion to stop the airing of the 48 hrs show that the Anthony's made money off. Keep the Anthony's and himself off of the talk shows and they wouldn't need a change of venue..:banghead:

Although I started the thread I didn't have time to leave a comment...kids home from school...
My first thought, aside from ridiculous was... doesn't it cost $$$ to file these stupid motions? IMO they are "stupid motions." My second thought was...on what grounds are they requesting the case be dismissed? My last thought is...is there any way in hell the case will be dismissed? It just seems to me that a motion to dismiss this case is a slap in the face to LE who worked so hard on this case.

Sure no problem- consider it done. As soon as Caylee can be resurrected.

Umm... didn't Strickland shoot him down on the idea of the defense going to the remains site? How does he think that is interfering? The judge said the defense had NO RIGHT to be there. End of story.

:banghead:This is just ridiculous! Now, I wonder? What if someone can forward and admitted to killing Caylee and disposing of the body (maybe they are lying out of guilt to save Casey's life?) And they did not tell all until they were granted full immunity? Would they both walk free? Just saying, not that I believe it was anyone else even though in the beginning I felt that maybe Cindy had something to do with it.

This idea was really tossed around here early on, is it even possible for them to do since they have already testified under oath that KC left with Caylee while they were both at work??? (or in Geo's case, left to go to work)

We all know that being truthful has been so important to the whole family since day 31!!

Turn on HLN News-Mike Galanos is gonna discuss the motion!!:dance:

OMFG is this dude even really a friggin' lawyer?!?! and he teaches at a law school? Unreal!! I have had public defenders with more sense then this dude!

Please,please tell me he is not serious ???? What law school did he go to ?:banghead::banghead:

Nums24

How can they say this: According to the motion, "the state deliberately misled the court and delayed formal identification of remains so it could obtain exclusive control of the crime scene through Dec. 19, 2008" the date the medical examiner announced the remains belonged to the little girl.

The skeletal remains was discovered Dec. 11, 2008 by a meter reader.

Defense lawyers said exculpatory evidence was not preserved and that violate Casey Anthony's rights. Exculpatory evidence supports a defendant's claim of innocence.

When they say they've already got "proof" she is innocent because the body was put there when she was in jail??????

Umm... didn't Strickland shoot him down on the idea of the defense going to the remains site? How does he think that is interfering? The judge said the defense had NO RIGHT to be there. End of story.

I hope Judge Strickland puts an end to these insane motions! What a waste of time!

I am not a lawyer, but common sense says there is no way!

Nums24

How can they say this: According to the motion, "the state deliberately misled the court and delayed formal identification of remains so it could obtain exclusive control of the crime scene through Dec. 19, 2008" the date the medical examiner announced the remains belonged to the little girl.

The skeletal remains was discovered Dec. 11, 2008 by a meter reader.

Defense lawyers said exculpatory evidence was not preserved and that violate Casey Anthony's rights. Exculpatory evidence supports a defendant's claim of innocence.

When they say they've already got "proof" she is innocent because the body was put there when she was in jail??????

ITA! They went to court about access to the scene. This battle was already fought. I am guessing that this is being filed strictly for appeal purposes.

Could the timing of this defense motion have anything to do with the fact that the 15 day deadline to produce the evidence 'that proves Casey's innocence' is fast approaching and no sign of the BOMBSHELL evidence as yet. Wonder where it could be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila