Casey defense team files motion to dismiss case--Could KC walk!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure no problem- consider it done. As soon as Caylee can be resurrected.

Naw, I vote we string her up even if Caylee should miraculously return. It wouldn't be her hand that brought her back, nor would it remove the fact that she wrapped her in duct tape and left her little body in a ditch...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Could the timing of this defense motion have anything to do with the fact that the 15 day deadline to produce the evidence 'that proves Casey's innocence' is fast approaching and no sign of the BOMBSHELL evidence as yet. Wonder where it could be?

That's what I'm a thinkin..Somebody please call him and tell him that Raymond Clark needs a good Loser, I mean lawyer. With Jose defending them they would both get the chair for sure.:dance:

I think it would be ok to do away with video taping of visits of her family and lawyers if they submit to a complete body search everytime they come. We don't want them to smuggle anything in.

Originally Posted by Insomnia Momma View Post
I SO want to read what he said...

is that bad?

I'm with ya Momma. Would LOVE to read that testimony! :)

I would LOVE to read George's GJ testimony also ... and I would love for GEORGE to know that it is public (through Sunshine laws), and would love for Baez to give KC a copy of what daddy said about her, to the GJ.

Is this the result of KC reading her law books? Jose is now letting her draw up the motions? Well, I guess she's got as good grasp of the law as he does!!:dance:

Nums24

How can they say this: According to the motion, "the state deliberately misled the court and delayed formal identification of remains so it could obtain exclusive control of the crime scene through Dec. 19, 2008" the date the medical examiner announced the remains belonged to the little girl.

The skeletal remains was discovered Dec. 11, 2008 by a meter reader.

Defense lawyers said exculpatory evidence was not preserved and that violate Casey Anthony's rights. Exculpatory evidence supports a defendant's claim of innocence.

When they say they've already got "proof" she is innocent because the body was put there when she was in jail??????

On what planet did he go to law school?

Where have we ever seen a defense team working side by side with LE at a crime scene???

I love poking fun at JB and his crazy thoughts on the law, but seriously is the man working with a full deck???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Huh? I thought the Defense refused the offer to examine the dump site when LE had finished. I remember it had been discussed - something about what the Defense wanted is not how it works. In other words, the Defense is not in charge of closing a crime scene, etc. ?????

Update from the Orlando Sentinel article: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...nthony-defense-motions-091709,0,3657298.story

The defense asked that Strickland rule on the change of venue within 30 days, that he give the defense 10 days to reply and then set a hearing date on the motion.

Also filed on Thursday were motions related to the videotaping Casey Anthony has endured since being in the Orange County Jail.

Huh? I thought the defense refused the offer to examine the dump site when LE had finished. I remember it had been discussed something about what the Defense wanted is not how it works. In other words, the Defense is not in charge of closing a crime scene, etc. ?????

Yes, I remember that too and JB wanted it done his way or no way at all!

She won't walk, there are no grounds for this. LE is responsible for investigating crime. LE can take as much time as it wants (within reason) to secure evidence and investigate the finding of a body.

In fact legally if JB found the body, he would be required by law to immediately call LE and not touch anything.

JB is acting as if this is a civil suit, with 2 independent parties. You can't play hide the ball with the government.

Not too long ago, Brad Conway came out to the media and said that BAEZ was preventing G & C from visiting KC, and that Baez was taking letters to KC from her parents ..... now Baez is saying that KC NEEDS family visits???!!!! Something is brewing .......
Judge S. has already addressed this issue also .... I think Judge S is going to get very unhappy with these repetitive motions and waste of his time.
Looks to me like the defense is DESPERATE for KC to talk with her parents and brother (UNrecorded) and get their stories in sync.

Plus, LE has a responsibility to the victim and the law, NOT one way or another to the defense.

Imagine if they found exculpatory evidence with the body? Like, say, DNA of a known local sex offender? If LE immediately turned the scene over to KC, they could have missed something like that.

You can't subjectively enforce laws, it has to be according to procedure.

Not too long ago, Brad Conway came out to the media and said that BAEZ was preventing G & C from visiting KC, and that Baez was taking letters to KC from her parents ..... now Baez is saying that KC NEEDS family visits???!!!! Something is brewing .......
Judge S. has already addressed this issue also .... I think Judge S is going to get very unhappy with these repetitive motions and waste of his time.
Looks to me like the defense is DESPERATE for KC to talk with her parents and brother (UNrecorded) and get their stories in sync.

ITA - I think it's more like they need to get their stories straight once and for all. In my opinion.

Do you think that maybe Casey is coming unglued and her lawyers can no longer handle her ??

PS. Greattttt suggested venues. Has JB ever been to Palm Beach County? Rich old ladies aren't really his ideal jury pool.

Update from the Orlando Sentinel article: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...nthony-defense-motions-091709,0,3657298.story

The defense asked that Strickland rule on the change of venue within 30 days, that he give the defense 10 days to reply and then set a hearing date on the motion.

<snip>

Jeez, Baez has asked for a change of venue what, 2 - 3 or 4 times now? And each time has been told that it's too far out in front of the trial, to wait until it's closer to actual trial date.

Is he PURPOSELY trying to PO Strickland???!!! it's a YEAR away at least! :waitasec:

At which times, KC does her best to let them know she is mad as h*ll at them (or something). It would be like visiting someone who felt I had scorned him - that's the impression I get anyway.

respectfully snipped

Her lawyers also say that without family visits her defense team can not adequate prepare for her death penalty case.[/B]

All I can say is what???????? George Cindy and Lee are needed to help her lawyers prepare the case????? How about meeting with them in, oh I don't know.... an office?????

Just shaking my head here.

I recall the Defense refused the offer to examine the site when LE turned it over after they had finished. I also would like to know why they feel they can't prepare for the Death Penalty case just because Casey can't visit with her parents? And didn't Baez fight the gag order? When is the DA going to remind the judge that all this information was part of the requirements per Florida Law and that "They" had filed a motion for a Gag order and Baez fought it and won. He can't have his cake and eat it to. I really hope that the DA will come back and refresh Baez's memory. As for the jail visits, well what makes Casey so special? Heck, look at the man that killed 7-8 of his family members. There are plenty of criminals out there that don't get special treatment. Where Casey has, she even told Tracy that the jail would sneak her food. I wonder what other special treatment she gets? It's time that she is treated like the rest of the criminals.:furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila