Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:crazy:

Too bad Cindy with all her alleged Nursing background, couldn't spot her own wingnut from 50 paces. But wait, she doesn't recognize it when she stares at her own face in the mirror. Never mind :rolleyes:

She KNEW Casey wasnt right - she sought advice at least once- therapist told her to put her out of the house and file suit for custody of Caylee - labeled her a sociopath to one friend - cautioned AL to watch his money she would appropriate it given the chance. She just waited too long before calling in authorities.

Just think if she would have pressed charges when the money was stolen
from her parents none of this might have happened . KC would have
already been in jail on probation and being closely monitored.

She KNEW Casey wasnt right - she sought advice at least once- therapist told her to put her out of the house and file suit for custody of Caylee - labeled her a sociopath to one friend - cautioned AL to watch his money she would appropriate it given the chance. She just waited too long before calling in authorities.

Just think if she would have pressed charges when the money was stolen
from her parents none of this might have happened . KC would have
already been in jail on probation and being closely monitored.

I wonder if this has come to Cindy's mind as well...do you think she even lets herself entertain this thought that had she done something just that much sooner Caylee would still be here? :waitasec:

I wonder if this has come to Cindy's mind as well...do you think she even lets herself entertain this thought that had she done something just that much sooner Caylee would still be here? :waitasec:

I think guilt is a major motivator in what we are witnessing with Cindy. Guilt about not doing something sooner and guilt about actually doing something and letting the blow out happen.

I think guilt is a major motivator in what we are witnessing with Cindy. Guilt about not doing something sooner and guilt about actually doing something and letting the blow out happen.

I agree, and I lean more toward the guilt of actually doing something that lead to the blow out. I have always thought that was part of her HUGE turn around between decomp smell and pizza...

Somebody brought up Andrea Yates...

Note important differences between AY and KC. After she killed her children, Andrea Yates actually called authorities and told what she had done. She made no attempt to hide the bodies. She made no attempt to flee.
Also, her demeanor in the period leading up to the murders was clearly that of an ill person. So much so that her husband had relatives coming to stay with her while he was not home. She looked haggard, unkempt.

All of this fits with chronic or acute mental illness. It does not fit with KC's behavior!

In general, having the wherewithal to attempt to cover up one's crime can be seen as an argument for sanity. A sane criminal knows their actions were wrong, and thus tries to cover them up to avoid detection. KC's actions are more consistent with those of Susan Smith and Diane Downs.

Andrea Yates said that she killed her children because she believed at the time that if they remained in this evil world, it would turn her children evil and they would be destined to spend eternity in hell. In her sick state, she seemed to think that by killing them she was actually saving them by assuring they would end up in heaven.

Both Smith and Downs killed their children because they were desperate to keep relationships with men in their lives, and saw their children as obstacles to that end.

Which scenario sounds more like KC??

Diane Downs had "the bushy haired stranger" as her patsy, and KC has ZFG as hers. Hmmm....

Absolutely! I think that has a lot to do with her rabid denial.. she blames herself.

MO

Note important differences between AY and KC. After she killed her children, Andrea Yates actually called authorities and told what she had done. She made no attempt to hide the bodies. She made no attempt to flee.
Also, her demeanor in the period leading up to the murders was clearly that of an ill person. So much so that her husband had relatives coming to stay with her while he was not home. She looked haggard, unkempt.

All of this fits with chronic or acute mental illness. It does not fit with KC's behavior!

In general, having the wherewithal to attempt to cover up one's crime can be seen as an argument for sanity. A sane criminal knows their actions were wrong, and thus tries to cover them up to avoid detection. KC's actions are more consistent with those of Susan Smith and Diane Downs.

Andrea Yates said that she killed her children because she believed at the time that if they remained in this evil world, it would turn her children evil and they would be destined to spend eternity in hell. In her sick state, she seemed to think that by killing them she was actually saving them by assuring they would end up in heaven.

Both Smith and Downs killed their children because they were desperate to keep relationships with men in their lives, and saw their children as obstacles to that end.

Diane Downs had "the bushy haired stranger" as her patsy, and KC has ZFG as hers. Hmmm....

Great post!

Yates had every symptom of Psychosis that I brought up the other day that Casey has none of. Situations such as Andrea Yates are why we have NGBRI. THAT is insanity, people! That is Psychosis and depression.. that is someone who had no control over her actions. Though I still think she should be locked up for the rest of her life.

:clap:Excellent observations! I very much agree.

I actually see Susan Smith as more sympathetic than Casey and Diane Downs, as Smith did confess to her crime, shed tears, and allow her childrens' bodies to be recovered.
In contrast, Diane Downs and Casey Anthony have revealed themselves as consistently glib and unrepentant. Psychopathic killers, IMO.
downscaseycomparison.jpg

caseydianesmirk.jpg

:clap:Excellent observations! I very much agree.

I actually see Susan Smith as more sympathetic than Casey and Diane Downs, as Smith did confess to her crime, shed tears, and allow her childrens' bodies to be recovered.
In contrast, Diane Downs and Casey Anthony have revealed themselves as consistently glib and unrepentant. Psychopathic killers, IMO.
downscaseycomparison.jpg

caseydianesmirk.jpg

Yes, very much like Diane Downs. Back then I bought the book "Small Sacrafices" and watched the movie. In this case I am going to steer clear of movies or books because I would really hate for ANY of the family to profit off of this.

Yes, very much like Diane Downs. Back then I bought the book "Small Sacrafices" and watched the movie. In this case I am going to steer clear of movies or books because I would really hate for ANY of the family to profit off of this.

Did Diane Downs profit off the movie and book?

I dont know if the laws were in place to make sure that did not happen but it seems to me with all the PR firm suff in this case money can come in through the back door...

I agree! I know the big true-crime writers like Ann Rule like to steer clear of high-profile cases, but I think someone like Rule should write this story because I do think it should be told-- just without blood money.

I agree! I know the big true-crime writers like Ann Rule like to steer clear of high-profile cases, but I think someone like Rule should write this story because I do think it should be told-- just without blood money.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that is why I read that book...she was independent and she pi$$ed Diane off pretty good too from what I remember.

I dont know if the laws were in place to make sure that did not happen but it seems to me with all the PR firm suff in this case money can come in through the back door...

I would hope in light of everything that's happened in this case, that whomever writes a book or makes a movie will donate all profits to an organization such as TES.

I agree, and I lean more toward the guilt of actually doing something that lead to the blow out. I have always thought that was part of her HUGE turn around between decomp smell and pizza...

Yes, she was quite truthful, and all tough love and business, during the FIRST call.

Then, dawn broke, I think. Or, KC let her know something.

Sociopaths, if that's what KC is, are great at pushing buttons.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that is why I read that book...she was independent and she pi$$ed Diane off pretty good too from what I remember.

Good idea! Let's write her and suggest it.

She DID write about Bundy, and he was high profile. But, then, she KNEW him!

I don't believe so-- Ann Rule wrote the book and movie script for Small Sacrifices. Downs did write her own book "Best Kept Secrets," but I think it was self-published and any profits went to her father. I also think VERY few people actually purchased it.

She did not sugar- coat Diane, that's for sure! I'm SURE Diane was torqued pretty royally.

Good idea! Let's write her and suggest it.

She DID write about Bundy, and he was high profile. But, then, she KNEW him!

I KNOW!! How creepy can that get! And I have always thought the code was "you dont know what my involvement is??" kinda like, you should know, you made me do whatever it is I did.

I love Ann Rule and yes Diane was not pleased haha-- she made a public statement saying she resented that Farrah Fawcett was cast to play her because she felt she was much prettier than Farrah.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SassyGirlDawn70