Casey & Family Psychological Profile #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished watching a program on Discovery ID called "Most Evil" about killers of children - part of the show profiles Susan Smith and her murder of her children. It also talks about how there are 2 types of lies, one is the one-time spontaneous lie, and the other is rehearsed lies which are repeatedly told over a period of time. Susan Smith told rehearsed lies.

The University of S. Cal did an imaging study of pathological liars and found that the brain of a pathological liar is physically different than a brain of someone who is NOT a pathological liar. A pathological liar's brain structure is bigger, and they have 26% more white matter in the prefrontal cortex area of the brain, which is where lies emanate from.

It goes on to say the most evil amongst are the ones who pathologically deceive everyone around them. Sounds to me like this description fits Casey to a "t".

The show is on again several times this week if anyone is interested in watching it.

I am sorry OneLostGirl! I know it's all interesting read but I have seen the same type of remark on many threads when someone is only trying to help! We all need to keep in mind that there are 1,595 Threads & 277,483 posts at the time of this post! :banghead: I apologize that when I was begining to read from the closed thread on this subject...I research the subject matter at hand first to understand more about it in this case psychology profiling (as I do w/other subjects in threads). I wasn't done reading all prior posts when I came across this link. I am still reading the earlier posts as I post this!

So I choose to share the link before finishing all of the posts in this thread. That is why I added that I didn't know if it had been posted yet. I also apologized for it knowing that I had not finished reading all posts on this topic. :sheesh:

It dosen't hurt to have the link posted again for those who are backtracking to threads of interest to them or became active in this thread after it was org. posted. I found it & posted it before finishing the closed thread & this one. While I started/cont. reading this thread I was/am keeping up to date w/posts to the threads I have read from start to finish. Then add all of the docs, media, video, etc. to keep up to date. Everyone has to remember that this case has a lot of links, threads, posts to stay on top of! :blowkiss::blowkiss:

Thank You OneLostGirl for letting me know that Russell posts here. All you had to say was it was posted already & @ Russell. I was going to check & delete my post if that was the case. I have kindly deleted the posts for you. I was only trying to help as we all are! I care about finding out what happened to Caylee & to try to understand how any mother could act or do the things that KC & the A's have done. When, Why & What went wrong with KC & the A's! :banghead:

I know now that this is one thread I will read from 1st thread-2nd thread..as now it has sparked my interest more! I read every post on this thread from start to finish before I post anything on it again! It does hurt when some get a tad rude when someone is only trying to be helpful or thinking outside the box than others might be at the time. That is what this is all about right? Discuss & Debate the topic at hand! It is hard to read every thread of interest & keep up with new info etc. :sheesh:

So please let's all keep in mind1,595 Threads & 277,483 Posts & counting... In the weeks to come there will be new info as this goes to trial! :eek: I'm no a speed reader SORRY! So please be kind to those who r trying to catch up on the threads of interest before this happens!:blowkiss:

The most important part of all of this is Caylee. Justice For Caylee!:angel:

Oh my gosh, I'm sorry if my post came across as sounding rude.. I did not mean it that way in the slightest! This was all I was trying to say-

I began my post by thanking you for the information & then shared that Russell posts here and had given us this information already and if people wanted to find his posting they were done a few weeks ago and could be found within this thread or the first one along with other interesting info one could find in reading these threads.

I meant it in no other way but that.. sometimes while posting on the internet it is difficult for me to get across what I mean and how it's meant, in the proper way.

Oh my gosh, I'm sorry if my post came across as sounding rude.. I did not mean it that way in the slightest! This was all I was trying to say-

I began my post by thanking you for the information & then shared that Russell posts here and had given us this information already and if people wanted to find his posting they were done a few weeks ago and could be found within this thread or the first one along with other interesting info one could find in reading these threads.

I meant it in no other way but that.. sometimes while posting on the internet it is difficult for me to get across what I mean and how it's meant, in the proper way.

:hug::toast: Thank You Very Much about telling me about Russell's posts! This thread is one of the most fact based threads with so many (time consuming) interesting links! I agree that both threads are quite interesting & was behind on reading the 1st thread. With it being slow no new news, docs, etc. being released I finally got a chance to come back to where I left off. There's some awesome, brilliant posts in this thread including yours. Great insight into the mind of KC! Thank you for correcting what you meant!
I appreciate you explaining what you meant in the first post.

:hug::toast: Thank You Very Much about telling me about Russell's posts! This thread is one of the most fact based threads with so many (time consuming) interesting links! I agree that both threads are quite interesting & was behind on reading the 1st thread. With it being slow no new news, docs, etc. being released I finally got a chance to come back to where I left off. There's some awesome, brilliant posts in this thread including yours. Great insight into the mind of KC! Thank you for correcting what you meant!
I appreciate you explaining what you meant in the first post.

I totally agree. This case compells me the most because I recognize CA and KA in my life in the form of other people close (not by choice) to me and the insights on this thread have helped me so much! I have taken notes on posts in this thread and to me, the information has been invaluable!
And I'd like to add, had I known and been educated in any of the things I have learned here (thank you one lost girl and brini to name a couple!) I would have handled so many situations differently then I have (expecting normal emotions and empathy ect...) and saved myself much heartbreak.

I know that CA told one of KC's friends that KC was a sociopath, but I was wondering, does anyone know if this (KC's sociopath status) was just CA's speculation, or if she had actually been diagnosed as one by a professional? I was just reading some information about sociopaths, and from what we know about her, it sure sounds like she is one, but I was just wondering if she had officially been diagnosed as such, and if so, what made someone decide to evaluate her and label her as such? Did she do something else before that made them question her behavioral tendencies?

They do, I've had to deal with it myself. I've always felt more compasion for Yates, she was clearly mentally ill, and I agree, should still not go free. I just dont feel in my gut the way I do about Casey, I see her problems in people around me on a daily basis and can see they clearly make the choices they make all on thier own.

Can I raise my hand and say: me too! Unfortunately (for me) during the time of Andrea Yates and those debacles, I went to get a protective order: All I wanted to do was protect my son. When I got to court, the tables turned on me--opening every little aspect of my life to scrutiny, while he lied his donkey off on the stand. Complete Psych. testing followed from there, where I was found normal and highly intelligent, whilst he was found mentally ill and in need of 4 meds. to control psychotic behavior--at least that was done.

So welcome to the flip side--wonderful world of getting screwed over.

ITA. (I love Ann Rule.)

Casey's case reminds me of Diane Downs' case. So sad!

Same here, remember mom (DR.) set house on fire killing her kids.......
Bitter Harvest. Lots of mothers kill their children. I hope Ann Rule also
does a book on DP......SP & KS..............twisted lives are weaved in this case also............

I totally agree. This case compells me the most because I recognize CA and KA in my life in the form of other people close (not by choice) to me and the insights on this thread have helped me so much! I have taken notes on posts in this thread and to me, the information has been invaluable!
And I'd like to add, had I known and been educated in any of the things I have learned here (thank you one lost girl and brini to name a couple!) I would have handled so many situations differently then I have (expecting normal emotions and empathy ect...) and saved myself much heartbreak.

I feel the same as you..if only I had??? Etc. I have learned so much through all of the wonderful WS members. I haven't truly studied so many subjects since I was in college! Which I miss very much if I could have been a full time student I would have! I've learned through this case to open my eyes & that everyone can broaden their knowledge forever. Graphic Design major with a minor in Art History...but I took psych. classes for a lot of my electives. I have to admit that I have an interest in sooooo many other things.
Too bad KC didn't see life that way but she choose a different path which I blame her for not admitting she needed help mentally etc. Her parents are to blame for not seeking her help as a minor & ignoring it later too!
Thanks to all for your great insight & wealth of knowledge on every thread!:blowkiss:

Sorry if this has been posted, but it is new to me. I was surfing and read this. It fits KC to a tee. Very chilling and creepy, especially this, "Casey has the capacity to read others quickly and recognize their vulnerabilities." :eek: According to this shrink, she is text book sociopath, which of course we knew all along.
http://blogcritics.org/archives/2008/10/19/222920.php

Sorry if this has been posted, but it is new to me. I was surfing and read this. It fits KC to a tee. Very chilling and creepy, especially this, "Casey has the capacity to read others quickly and recognize their vulnerabilities." :eek: According to this shrink, she is text book sociopath, which of course we knew all along.
http://blogcritics.org/archives/2008/10/19/222920.php

Great article

I'd say the article nailed her to a T.

I just read a story in Glamour magazine about a woman who kept faking cancer, even after she was caught, she would move to another town and start her sob story all over again - because she was an uncontrollable liar. I think it is very interesting because she says she's not sure if it will happen again -she's not sure if she can control her lying. I am throwing out to the psychiatric crowd we have on here, is there such a thing as uncontrollable lying? where a person really can't control it? not to give CA any excuses, but I think it's a fascinating aspect of her psyche.

here is the Glamour story, for those of you who do not get Glamour or have not picked up a copy this month:

She Said She Had Breast Cancer—But She Lied
http://http://www.glamour.com/health-fitness/2008/10/she-said-she-had-breast-cancer-but-she-lied

I just read a story in Glamour magazine about a woman who kept faking cancer, even after she was caught, she would move to another town and start her sob story all over again - because she was an uncontrollable liar. I think it is very interesting because she says she's not sure if it will happen again -she's not sure if she can control her lying. I am throwing out to the psychiatric crowd we have on here, is there such a thing as uncontrollable lying? where a person really can't control it? not to give CA any excuses, but I think it's a fascinating aspect of her psyche.

here is the Glamour story, for those of you who do not get Glamour or have not picked up a copy this month:

She Said She Had Breast Cancer—But She Lied
http://http://www.glamour.com/health-fitness/2008/10/she-said-she-had-breast-cancer-but-she-lied

Based on the American Psychiatric Association Diagnostic and statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, Text Revision. Washington, DC, American Psychiatric Association, 2000, it is called FACTITIOUS DISORDER

... motivated by a psychological need to assume the sick role ... the person is not usually aware of the motivation ... may present with subjective complaints (e.g., pain), falsification of objective signs (e.g., manipulation of thermometer), self-inflicted conditions (e.g., injecting saliva into skin), exaggeration or exacerbation of preexisting medical condition (e.g., fake seizure). There are two basic types:

300.16 With Predominantly Psychological Signs and Symptoms

300.19 With Predominantly Physical Signs and Symptoms

predisposing factors:
... childhood mental or physical disorders that result in extensive attention and treatment.
... family disruption
... emotional or physical abuse
... a grudge against mental health or medical
... employment in a mental health or medically related position
... presence of a severe Personality Disorder, most often Borderline Personality Disorder.

more common in females than in males
Munchausen's syndrome more frequent in males than in females
prevalence is unknown
... around 1% of those on whom mental health professionals consult
... appears to be higher in specialized treatment settings.
onset is generally in early adulthood, often after hospitalization

Russell

BTW I love how in the DCS doc dump today, KC says she was administered an MMPI and everything was fine and normal.

MMPI's are not reccommended for batterers or sociopaths (Both groups of people can appear quite normal on an MMPI.)

Sociopath? Batterer? Completely and totally healthy? Which would you put money on?

Based on the American Psychiatric Association Diagnostic and statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, Text Revision. Washington, DC, American Psychiatric Association, 2000, it is called FACTITIOUS DISORDER

... motivated by a psychological need to assume the sick role ... the person is not usually aware of the motivation ... may present with subjective complaints (e.g., pain), falsification of objective signs (e.g., manipulation of thermometer), self-inflicted conditions (e.g., injecting saliva into skin), exaggeration or exacerbation of preexisting medical condition (e.g., fake seizure). There are two basic types:

300.16 With Predominantly Psychological Signs and Symptoms

300.19 With Predominantly Physical Signs and Symptoms

predisposing factors:
... childhood mental or physical disorders that result in extensive attention and treatment.
... family disruption
... emotional or physical abuse
... a grudge against mental health or medical
... employment in a mental health or medically related position
... presence of a severe Personality Disorder, most often Borderline Personality Disorder.

more common in females than in males
Munchausen's syndrome more frequent in males than in females
prevalence is unknown
... around 1% of those on whom mental health professionals consult
... appears to be higher in specialized treatment settings.
onset is generally in early adulthood, often after hospitalization

Russell

So faking or creating illnesses aren't just a symptom some people with Borderline personality disorder have? It's a whole seperate diagnosis?! I never knew that!

I didn't want to put this in the thread name because people won't buy it if they see Sylvia Browne's name but PLEASE do me a favor and read what she has to say about people like KC:

"The Dark Side are earth's true sociopaths, remorseless and amoral, valuing no life but their own. They see the rest of humanity as a vast sea of pawns to be played with, used, manipulated, and in some form or other, destroyed. Their destruction might be actual murder, or it might take the more insidious form of physical, emotional, or mental abuse. But the only way darkness can survive is to extinguish the light, so The Dark Side feels feels entitled to whatever destruction they resort to. The Dark Side are the criminals, in the eyes of the law or simply of decent society, who can't be rehabilitated. Rehabilitation implies that the person started out habilitated, or had a social conscience to begin with. Among The Dark Side, nothing could be further from the truth.

The Dark Side does not include anyone with a mental illness or chemical imbalance beyond their control that can be treated or cured. People who live on The Dark Side might claim mental illness to avoid the consequences of their behavior, but unlike the mentally ill, both their best and their worst actions are conscious, calculated choices. They know right from wrong. From time to time they may even do something worthwhile, aware of how seductive it can be. But when they do something wrong, they know exactly how wrong it is, they just plain don't care.

It would be convenient if The Dark Side would segregate itself, or wear matching outfits, or be born with horns and little pitchforks. But sadly, they're everywhere, looking just like everyone else. They can enter your life as a parent, a child, a sibling, a spouse, a boss, a friend, a lover, or even a political, religious, or spiritual leader you sincerely believe has the best interests of humanity at heart. The Dark Side can make themselves sound like God's closest personal friend if they think it will help disarm you.

The truth, though, is that The Dark Side rejects God so completely that his constant, unconditional love has no impact on them. It is without question the most tragic unrequited love there is, with the most tragic, long-lasting consequences."

Taken From: Life on the Other Side - A Psychic's Tour of the Afterlife by Sylvia Browne.

Sound familiar? Sound like KC and Scott Peterson? It does to me.

An ex-boyfriend of mine proudly announced to me one time, during an argument, that:

"You've heard of a privileged character? Well, I'm that privileged character."

Good thing I got rid of that privileged character, huh?

It has nothing to do with the dark side. It is because SB is considered a fraud here among people who have watched her. The last straw came when she told Shawn H's family he was dead and caused them horrific pain.

I personally used to like her until the Shawn thing then I watched her BS about fairies, little men, leprechauns, and what have you. That isn't a psychic...that is a liar and thief feeding off people and their money, imo.

People love because who THEY are...not because the person is deemed worthy of their love. Sociopaths are devoid and incapable of love or other real emotions. They are like a shell of a person. It doesn't make them crazy just makes them extremely difficult to be around for any length of time.

It has nothing to do with the dark side. It is because SB is considered a fraud here among people who have watched her. The last straw came when she told Shawn H's family he was dead and caused them horrific pain.

I personally used to like her until the Shawn thing then I watched her BS about fairies, little men, leprechauns, and what have you. That isn't a psychic...that is a liar and thief feeding off people and their money, imo.

People love because who THEY are...not because the person is deemed worthy of their love. Sociopaths are devoid and incapable of love or other real emotions. They are like a shell of a person. It doesn't make them crazy just makes them extremely difficult to be around for any length of time.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I only watch SB for the entertainment value.

As far as sociopaths, there is a member of my family who fits into this category. It has been difficult for the rest of the family to understand this person. How can he hurt someone and not care? In his eyes the entire world revolves around him and if it doesn't affect him he couldn't care less. He lies and steals and shows no remorse for doing it. We can watch him do something, see it with our own eyes, and he will say he didn't do it. I remember when he was a child and he didn't want to be held or hugged. He is a member of my family so I will always love him, but I will never understand him.

I think there are more sociopaths among us than we would ever realize. We may kid ourselves and believe they are all way down on the social scale, but not so. If they can discipline themselves, they can be very successful. They can be like wolves in sheeps clothing. It certainly does explain some of the craziness and cruelty that goes on in this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass