Casey & Family Psychological Profile #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally expected her to adapt this well. Though she hasn't been to "jail" a 100 times it is my belief that she is very practiced at dealing with whatever is thrown at her from whoever, even those who claim to love her. Ya know, there comes a point after much emotional abuse and invalidation that a person can almost literally shut themselves off from feeling anything. You deal with what you have to to get through what is going on right NOW and that's it, you blank out and move on. This is not to say she isn't aware because she is. Completely.

Again this is MY belief.

(bold mine) It is MY belief too! The psych observations I've made of KC and A family (CA) seem to fit most closely w everything I've read about narcissistic parenting, pathological narcissism, and narcissistic personality disorder (NPD). This has no real treatment of which I'm aware, other than psychotherapy (in which few would participate but only likely manipulate); and nothing to support it having any basis in genetics. There is no history suggesting KC has a genetic disorder. And plenty to suggest a perfect storm instead for the creation of this adaptive, learned personality disorder. There is of course a wealth of studies, articles and research which explain these contributing factors in far greater detail, however a brief description follows: *[Disclaimer: This post is in response to One's and referring strictly to KC and the A family only as per the title, and topic, of this thread.] Thank you and have a nice day :) JMO

What Causes Narcissistic Personality Disorder?

The exact cause of narcissistic personality disorder is not known. However, many mental health professionals believe it results from extremes in child rearing. For example, the disorder might develop as the result of excessive pampering, or when a child's parents have a need for their children to be talented or special in order to maintain their own self-esteem. On the other end of the spectrum, narcissistic personality disorder can develop as the result of neglect or abuse and trauma inflicted by parents or other authority figures during childhood. The disorder usually is evident by early adulthood.

http://www.medicinenet.com/narcissistic_personality_disorder/article.htm

After seeing KC in the courtroom and sleeping on my thoughts I feel Kc appeared to have an attitude of, "Whatever, I'm here, I'm guilty, so get on with the proceedings." I feel she has come to the conclusion that she will spend most of her years behind bars by watching that flat affect she displayed in court. This does not seem to look like the clinical flat affect you see in some pts. because she was able to smile and appear at times to be engaged. I feel her thoughts are, "Lets let this play out to the finish no matter what financial or emotional expense, because I'm going away for good when this is all over. It didn't appear that KC had any illusions of innocense in that courtroom yesterday.

After seeing KC in the courtroom and sleeping on my thoughts I feel Kc appeared to have an attitude of, "Whatever, I'm here, I'm guilty, so get on with the proceedings." I feel she has come to the conclusion that she will spend most of her years behind bars by watching that flat affect she displayed in court. This does not seem to look like the clinical flat affect you see in some pts. because she was able to smile and appear at times to be engaged. I feel her thoughts are, "Lets let this play out to the finish no matter what financial or emotional expense, because I'm going away for good when this is all over. It didn't appear that KC had any illusions of innocense in that courtroom yesterday. She seemed to let the cast of characters play their roles with no innocent adlibing from KC

I totally expected her to adapt this well. Though she hasn't been to "jail" a 100 times it is my belief that she is very practiced at dealing with whatever is thrown at her from whoever, even those who claim to love her. Ya know, there comes a point after much emotional abuse and invalidation that a person can almost literally shut themselves off from feeling anything. You deal with what you have to to get through what is going on right NOW and that's it, you blank out and move on. This is not to say she isn't aware because she is. Completely.

Again this is MY belief.

Agreed. From a similar family. 3 children. Oldest like Casey, youngest struggling to support wife & 2 children, then me, middle 1 child didn't do so well there, but she loves me and is 24 married, and I will be a Grandmother. I lived, I made it this far, I moved away from "them", but I love them. Saw them for Christmas. All the therapy in world will not help, you love them, yet they put you down at every chance, and any violence allowed will be. Perp did the same, I think her blank eyes and lack of emotion to her are what she thinks is showing strength. As I said before, in another thread, in perp's mind, she is a heroine, she saved Caylee from the same fate she had.

Keep in mind, perp is still not in adult mind. No living on own, no raising child on own, just controlling mom who keeps her home so mom does not loose the reason she can live/control. Perp is a child, thinking all is well, she is now a Martyr, a Myth, she knew and partied up 'till D Day. Not taking her side, just another point of view for those whom have not lived it.

Could be perp is just a cold b**ch, but I think perp is just under the illlusion that life is bad, and controlled, abusive, so she should turn it on others. I did not knowingly, but did subconsciously for years. Not sure I still would not if I did not keep everyone beyond arms length.

Where is your depression thread One Lost? I have outed myself quite a bit today....:blowkiss:

Again this is MY belief.

Agreed. From a similar family. 3 children. Oldest like Casey, youngest struggling to support wife & 2 children, then me, middle 1 child didn't do so well there, but she loves me and is 24 married, and I will be a Grandmother. I lived, I made it this far, I moved away from "them", but I love them. Saw them for Christmas. All the therapy in world will not help, you love them, yet they put you down at every chance, and any violence allowed will be. Perp did the same, I think her blank eyes and lack of emotion to her are what she thinks is showing strength. As I said before, in another thread, in perp's mind, she is a heroine, she saved Caylee from the same fate she had.

Keep in mind, perp is still not in adult mind. No living on own, no raising child on own, just controlling mom who keeps her home so mom does not loose the reason she can live/control. Perp is a child, thinking all is well, she is now a Martyr, a Myth, she knew and partied up 'till D Day. Not taking her side, just another point of view for those whom have not lived it.

Could be perp is just a cold b**ch, but I think perp is just under the illlusion that life is bad, and controlled, abusive, so she should turn it on others. I did not knowingly, but did subconsciously for years. Not sure I still would not if I did not keep everyone beyond arms length.

Where is your depression thread One Lost? I have outed myself quite a bit today....:blowkiss:

Personally I don't believe KC would be a threat to herself if convicted. It surprises me but she seems to have adapted fairly well to structured life on the inside (probably first place in her life she's ever had rules or limits). Of course general pop might change that. JMO

I do not believe she would harm herself either. I do, however, believe she will be the biggest whiner anyone has ever seen once she is in general population.

orr, she was born with this ability to assimilate and adapt to any situation, and was born without the ability to feel because of her brain chemistry.

naner, naner, naner!!!!! lol:crazy:just kidding with you lost girl! just havin fun because of this long debate. really i am just lightening the mood, y'all don't throw tomaters at me, as i look horrid in red!:crazy:

:blowkiss:

When I saw her first come into court yesterday, my first impression was she looked pale (jail cell aura) & then what hit me were her eyes. She looked older, not like the daughter/sister from the jail videos, but distinctly different. She has a look that is all-knowing, unflappable, & in control. I can't seem to quite explain what it is. It's a comfort level, as if she's done this 100 times, automatic. I don't understand how a girl her age has adapted to this situation, so totally unaffected, it boggles the mind. From the very beginning, she meekly went along, at first with her mother, & then the authorities. She never seems irate, unless provoked into making excuses & lies. She does seem to live, only in the moment. She reminds me of some elderly people that only react to what is in front of them.

Does anyone think that there is Really something wrong with her? Was she always this way, or did a switch flip somehow, someway??:waitasec:

I'm going to say this honestly and it's way off the wall and I know it's more than probably no way...but don't ask me why but the very moment I viewed the video and they walked her into the courtroom I had an immediate thought that she was pregnant. Again, don't ask me why. No rhyme nor reason and certainly not wanting to start a rumor amuck. Just stating what thought went through my mind and I have no idea or clue as to why. There are times I do have very clear "psychic" happenings, but by no means do I claim to be such. Just confessing my first image and thoughts upon seeing the video.

I'm headed to the mall (Friday night, I gotta teenager who has a hot date LOL) but will be back later, ya'll! I never go away for long! :P

I just meant I thought it seemed funny because they looked like they liked each other and got along, yet there must be tensions between them.

I'm not so sure? In viewing thus far, I would have to say I have a feeling they are pretty close. I don't really "feel" there is a lot of jealousy or anger issues between them. I believe that Lee never really was gushed over so that did not make Casey feel too threatened and I believe that Lee is probably the more supportive person to give Casey unbiased opinions...whereas I believe her parents are always being manipulated by her and giving in. I could be wrong, but this is how I view their relationship. Maybe Lee in essence is most closest to Casey moreso than George, her father. It could also be because of the closeness of their ages.

After seeing KC in the courtroom and sleeping on my thoughts I feel Kc appeared to have an attitude of, "Whatever, I'm here, I'm guilty, so get on with the proceedings." I feel she has come to the conclusion that she will spend most of her years behind bars by watching that flat affect she displayed in court. This does not seem to look like the clinical flat affect you see in some pts. because she was able to smile and appear at times to be engaged. I feel her thoughts are, "Lets let this play out to the finish no matter what financial or emotional expense, because I'm going away for good when this is all over. It didn't appear that KC had any illusions of innocense in that courtroom yesterday.

I did not get that impression. Not at all. I don't believe she admits to herself of her guilt and I believe she has justified it so much to herself that she is merely going to go through the motions to appease others in doing what is "expected".

I do not believe she would harm herself either. I do, however, believe she will be the biggest whiner anyone has ever seen once she is in general population.

She, like her mother, will definitely call upon the guards (or LE like Cindy did in front of the protesters) whenever she feels she is being threatened, mocked, attacked unfairly, unduly regarded, etc etc. Casey will definitely find out that doesn't work very well.

I cannot remember where the list is of all the 911 calls that the Anthony's made since Casey's first return home after being bailed out the first time, but I know it exists on this board.

As for her demeanor in court, she has mastered the look of "you want to yell at me and tell me what I did wrong, okay." Only when she wasn't arrested, she usually lived to see another day to do it again. I truly marvel at her confidence in Jose to be successful in defending her in this trial. It's almost as though she's replaced her parents in this one person who will do whatever he has to in order to get her out of trouble "one more time."

This is driving me crazy, but at the end of yesterday's hearing, when she stands & leans into JB, & he whispers what he has to say, her affect reminds me of someone at a Hollywood Oscar presentation who has just been told what a wonderful contribution they have made!:furious::furious:.... Her mannerisms were entirely different from what I had observed in the jail videos. She is exhibiting a "Celebrity Status" & gloating in those few small seconds. I have Tivo & it's unbelievable in slow motion. And equally shocking is when she turns & walks out of the courtroom, I was entranced at how JB lingeringly watches her from behind!! Ok maybe this should be on the Rant thread, but I had to convey this once & for all!:twocents::twocents: I am feeling, & I hope I'm wrong, that there is some Surety, somewhere, some glitch that this girl will be set free.

This is driving me crazy, but at the end of yesterday's hearing, when she stands & leans into JB, & he whispers what he has to say, her affect reminds me of someone at a Hollywood Oscar presentation who has just been told what a wonderful contribution they have made!:furious::furious:.... Her mannerisms were entirely different from what I had observed in the jail videos. She is exhibiting a "Celebrity Status" & gloating in those few small seconds. I have Tivo & it's unbelievable in slow motion. And equally shocking is when she turns & walks out of the courtroom, I was entranced at how JB lingeringly watches her from behind!! Ok maybe this should be on the Rant thread, but I had to convey this once & for all!:twocents::twocents: I am feeling, & I hope I'm wrong, that there is some Surety, somewhere, some glitch that this girl will be set free.

I honestly do not think she will get away with this..and I also see now they are leaning towards the fact that this was premeditated and she purposely murdered Caylee. It's all over NG right now. I've always felt this was not an accident. Just too much circumstantial evidence and her actions to show otherwise. If this is the case, my guess is the death penalty will be back on the table.

Oh lord, I know exactly what you mean but please don't say that.

(bold mine) It is MY belief too! The psych observations I've made of KC and A family (CA) seem to fit most closely w everything I've read about narcissistic parenting, pathological narcissism, and narcissistic personality disorder (NPD). This has no real treatment of which I'm aware, other than psychotherapy (in which few would participate but only likely manipulate); and nothing to support it having any basis in genetics. There is no history suggesting KC has a genetic disorder. And plenty to suggest a perfect storm instead for the creation of this adaptive, learned personality disorder. There is of course a wealth of studies, articles and research which explain these contributing factors in far greater detail, however a brief description follows: *[Disclaimer: This post is in response to One's and referring strictly to KC and the A family only as per the title, and topic, of this thread.] Thank you and have a nice day :) JMO

The exact cause of narcissistic personality disorder is not known. However, many mental health professionals believe it results from extremes in child rearing. For example, the disorder might develop as the result of excessive pampering, or when a child's parents have a need for their children to be talented or special in order to maintain their own self-esteem. On the other end of the spectrum, narcissistic personality disorder can develop as the result of neglect or abuse and trauma inflicted by parents or other authority figures during childhood. The disorder usually is evident by early adulthood.

^ Look, *twirling around* ya like my new Avatar? ;)

Responding to part I bolded:
This is incorrect. George has a sister who apparently has a long history of mental/behavioral issues. He stated as much in one of his interviews with LE, and even expressed his concern regarding the possibility that it had been passed on to his daughter genetically.

Fwiw, I think Casey's pattern of deviant behaviors go way beyond being narcissistic, way beyond being the product of even the worst kind of parenting. She destroyed her child, threw her dead body in the trunk, went to Blockbuster,and snuggled up with her lover in front of a movie. For her to be able to do that, there is something profoundly missing. MOO

She, like her mother, will definitely call upon the guards (or LE like Cindy did in front of the protesters) whenever she feels she is being threatened, mocked, attacked unfairly, unduly regarded, etc etc. Casey will definitely find out that doesn't work very well.

I cannot remember where the list is of all the 911 calls that the Anthony's made since Casey's first return home after being bailed out the first time, but I know it exists on this board.

As for her demeanor in court, she has mastered the look of "you want to yell at me and tell me what I did wrong, okay." Only when she wasn't arrested, she usually lived to see another day to do it again. I truly marvel at her confidence in Jose to be successful in defending her in this trial. It's almost as though she's replaced her parents in this one person who will do whatever he has to in order to get her out of trouble "one more time."

Absolutely- I think you are spot on!! Who the hell else is there to turn to? She may not be "book smart" as people here like to call it but that girl knows how to pick her a sucker, a fool! Little does she know that other people have the same gift. cuz Jose has got him a live one!!

Responding to part I bolded:
This is incorrect. George has a sister who apparently has a long history of mental/behavioral issues. He stated as much in one of his interviews with LE, and even expressed his concern regarding the possibility that it had been passed on to his daughter genetically.

Fwiw, I think Casey's pattern of deviant behaviors go way beyond being narcissistic, way beyond being the product of even the worst kind of parenting. She destroyed her child, threw her dead body in the trunk, went to Blockbuster,and snuggled up with her lover in front of a movie. For her to be able to do that, there is something profoundly missing. MOO

I agree with you on both items. George's sister apparently does has a history of Bipolar, I think that info was on the tapes per George and in the emails from Cindy's mom.

I too believe that Casey's issues run far deeper than narcissism. I don't believe the dx of Psychopath comes close to covering her issues either. Cindy on the other hand.... and it's sad because she could get help- DBT really helps.

Anyway. oh yeah IMO

Love your new Look?? You are certainly creative OneLostGirl :woohoo::woohoo:

"Imagine the things I don't say" :clap: haha! "I'm not waving, I'm drowning":cool:

"On the corner of 33 & utter hell" :woohoo:

And the best........Lost but I'm on my way............:star:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members