Casey & Family Psychological Profile #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly believe CA has narcissistic personality disorder. It must have been very hard growing up in that household. I also firmly believe that most mental illnesses are genetic.

KC is one step worse than CA, I think she is a borderline personality.

LA I think is probably worse than KC but he just hasnt killed anybody yet. His inappropriate laughter and lack of caring for Caylee but bawling for the sister who murdered Caylee is chilling.

GA is a great actor and I think has many people fooled. He has huge issues. Anger management and gambling come to mind first. He has an Obsessive compulsive personality. Just look at his garage and you see a hint of Anal retentive thrown it. He's like a molotov cocktail waiting to blow. It scares me. They all scare me.

ITA!! Cindy does not have a mental illness, she has a personality disorder. So does Lee. George is so easily manipulated, he's perfect for Cindy and all of her control issues. They are very strange indeed. I didn't follow the SP case much at all, but have read here there are some very strong similarities between his parents and CA/GA.
Like another poster, I got to the point very very quickly into this where I couldn't stand to listen or see CA on TV, and refused to watch or listen to her for even a second. I still can't. I am hoping, though, that they are forced to be deposed by Mr. Morgan soon, as I WILL enjoy watching her squirm.

I honestly believe CA has narcissistic personality disorder. It must have been very hard growing up in that household. I also firmly believe that most mental illnesses are genetic.

KC is one step worse than CA, I think she is a borderline personality.

LA I think is probably worse than KC but he just hasnt killed anybody yet. His inappropriate laughter and lack of caring for Caylee but bawling for the sister who murdered Caylee is chilling.

GA is a great actor and I think has many people fooled. He has huge issues. Anger management and gambling come to mind first. He has an Obsessive compulsive personality. Just look at his garage and you see a hint of Anal retentive thrown it. He's like a molotov cocktail waiting to blow. It scares me. They all scare me.
Spot on! They are a frightening family to be sure. I don't trust any one of the three of them for all the reasons you outlined.

Q: does Cindy have a mental illness?
A: is the Pope catholic?:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Don't know if she has a mental issue but she is "mental" for sure;)

Exactly, MetalCrystal. One does not become something one is not when in a stressful situation. One draws upon those characteristics which get us through basic life on a much less prominent scale. The Anthony's are at their heightened peak in this situation, and their behavior suggests a poisonous level of enmeshment that rules their lives. What that looked like, seething under the skin in "better times" is what causes people to speculate about this family more than any other family I've ever seen involved in a murder case.
I am just reading about "enmeshment", I actually googled the term and ran across a very informative website. I don't remember hearing this term before, I wonder if it's relatively new (the term, not the problem). I guess therapy is the key treatment, but first insight and acceptance that you have the problem would be needed. Anyway, the definition sure does fit this family, but I'm thinking Casey's sociopathic tendencies (my opinion is that she is also a sociopath) is apart and not caused by severe enmeshment ?

I am just reading about "enmeshment", I actually googled the term and ran across a very informative website. I don't remember hearing this term before, I wonder if it's relatively new (the term, not the problem). I guess therapy is the key treatment, but first insight and acceptance that you have the problem would be needed. Anyway, the definition sure does fit this family, but I'm thinking Casey's sociopathic tendencies (my opinion is that she is also a sociopath) is apart and not caused by severe enmeshment ?

Bold is mine.

Absolutely! Which is why it goes on and on and on, many times through generations because no one can admit to it and be willing to do something about it! Change is not easy.

I agree with this. I have read about enmeshment in some Christian Therapy / Recovery books.

Cindy Anthony...Freudian Slip ?????

I have seen this posted on youtube, and various other places...watch and see what you think ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmGLTPZqBHU

You know what would really be interesting?

A thread that lists ALL of the A's "Freudian Slips"...anyone care to start one?

I'm sure by the end of KC's trial, it might end up a tie between Mother-CA:liar: & Daughter-KC:liar: for who's let out the most!

I think that in addition to understandable anxiety and depression exacerbated by this case, Cindy probably has some diagosable personality disorder. One can see from KC's upbringing (the stealing, the denial of pregnancy, etc.) that something was amiss in la case de Anthony. I also believe that if you picked at random 100 people off the street and subjected them to a battery of psychological tests, about 20% of them would score in the same diagnostic range. People are what they are, and then Life slaps them around a bit, and pretty soon they're affected by it in a negative way. I think Cindy coped fairly well, considering she was the chief cook and bottle washer in the home in addition to being the major breadwinner. If her forces were scattered and her parenting skills off the mark, George should have picked up that slack as his role in the marreage. If KC hadn't pulled her sick stunt, this is just another average American family struggling to make ends meet. There would have been no clue of the deep fissures in the personalities whose every move and nuance is inspected and discussed and examined for motive. Personally I have no idea how they have managed to hold up this long.

I think that in addition to understandable anxiety and depression exacerbated by this case, Cindy probably has some diagosable personality disorder. One can see from KC's upbringing (the stealing, the denial of pregnancy, etc.) that something was amiss in la case de Anthony. I also believe that if you picked at random 100 people off the street and subjected them to a battery of psychological tests, about 20% of them would score in the same diagnostic range. People are what they are, and then Life slaps them around a bit, and pretty soon they're affected by it in a negative way. I think Cindy coped fairly well, considering she was the chief cook and bottle washer in the home in addition to being the major breadwinner. If her forces were scattered and her parenting skills off the mark, George should have picked up that slack as his role in the marreage. If KC hadn't pulled her sick stunt, this is just another average American family struggling to make ends meet. There would have been no clue of the deep fissures in the personalities whose every move and nuance is inspected and discussed and examined for motive. Personally I have no idea how they have managed to hold up this long.

Brilliant post! I think you're right on target. So many people limp along through life with their damaged psyches and personal demons. It took a murder to shine the light on the dynamics and denials of this family.

Excellent post and ITA :applause::applause::applause:

Indeed, families like this can be found everywhere... People like the Anthony's are not rare, not in the least. People just don't know about it.. most are never "found out" because they don't cross anyones radar.

ITA about Cindy, the woman is a rock. Though denial and disassociation work wonders in the coping department.

Its actually an old term... used in Family Therapy to describe relationships within the family.

Excellent post and ITA :applause::applause::applause:

:clap::clap::clap:

tbh Cindy reminds me so much of my own mother -my elder sister was jailed for drug offences (possessed 20kg of pure heroin -only God knows what kind of people she was involved with_ - Yet at trial my parents insisted her innocence and told her never to go guilty - even getting my grandad to lie under oath that he had given her 5k cash for rent for a year - obviously she didnt murder her child and there were no real victims here - but i can see how cindy would behave in the manner she does - she , like my mother was possibly overbearing and a pushy mother who Casey felt like she was always dissapointing , when Casey got pregnant - Cindy blamed herself and felt guilty and i believe thats when the enabling really kicked in to full gear!

I think that before she even got the car, Cindy knew something terrible happened, its a mothers instinct - obviously not murder of her grandbaby - but i think she has always known and always will know but will never admit ot discuss it with anyone even LA and GA. I reckon LA may have bought up the obvious fact that CA guilty and was probably shutdown immediately by CA and told to be loyal and support his sister- because thats what familys do right? hence his CMA promise

JMO - I am new here btw have read these posts since December and joined last week so i could post - This seems like a really friendly place with good-hearted intelligent people who just want to see justice!!!- lets hope CA learns the important lesson Zanny was trying to teach her!!

tbh Cindy reminds me so much of my own mother -my elder sister was jailed for drug offences (possessed 20kg of pure heroin -only God knows what kind of people she was involved with_ - Yet at trial my parents insisted her innocence and told her never to go guilty - even getting my grandad to lie under oath that he had given her 5k cash for rent for a year - obviously she didnt murder her child and there were no real victims here - but i can see how cindy would behave in the manner she does - she , like my mother was possibly overbearing and a pushy mother who Casey felt like she was always dissapointing , when Casey got pregnant - Cindy blamed herself and felt guilty and i believe thats when the enabling really kicked in to full gear!

I think that before she even got the car, Cindy knew something terrible happened, its a mothers instinct - obviously not murder of her grandbaby - but i think she has always known and always will know but will never admit ot discuss it with anyone even LA and GA. I reckon LA may have bought up the obvious fact that CA guilty and was probably shutdown immediately by CA and told to be loyal and support his sister- because thats what familys do right? hence his CMA promise

JMO - I am new here btw have read these posts since December and joined last week so i could post - This seems like a really friendly place with good-hearted intelligent people who just want to see justice!!!- lets hope CA learns the important lesson Zanny was trying to teach her!!

Welcome Mereille! Looking forward to more of your posts.

Welcome :)

Bold is mine- That's my mom too. :crazy:

I have never thought Cindy had a mental illness. Just a very, very, very strong controlling personality. And controllers are usually very frustrated. (Spoken by a wannabee controller who is VERY frustrated:wink:. I speak from experience - nobody listens to me!!:slap:).

One thing I have always noticed about Cindy is that if you look at the pictures from before she all this started she appears to be a completely different woman. Her face is smooth, her smiles are relaxed and genuine. She was probably likeable. In all the pictures after she appears harsh, angry and stressed. Who wouldn't be all that? It actually saddens me. And I'm not a Cindy fan, but I do have compassion for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay