Casey & Family Psychological Profile #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never thought Cindy had a mental illness. Just a very, very, very strong controlling personality. And controllers are usually very frustrated. (Spoken by a wannabee controller who is VERY frustrated:wink:. I speak from experience - nobody listens to me!!:slap:).

One thing I have always noticed about Cindy is that if you look at the pictures from before she all this started she appears to be a completely different woman. Her face is smooth, her smiles are relaxed and genuine. She was probably likeable. In all the pictures after she appears harsh, angry and stressed. Who wouldn't be all that? It actually saddens me. And I'm not a Cindy fan, but I do have compassion for her.

Everything has a name now, ya know? Everyone wants something with a name to point at and blame for our (human) lousy behaviors. I agree with you that it is Cindy's personality that is at issue.. that has caused so many issues. It so happens that personality disorders are considered mental illness. People think of mental illness and they think "crazy".. having personality disorders in the mix confuses it even more.

It's funny, after my step father killed himself my mother became a new woman. She started taking care of herself and got off her pills, went into therapy, started going to church.. We had always assumed if he were to die (He took my place as the "child" after I moved out- She began enabling him because I didn't "need" her any more) she would kill herself, that she would fall to peices but she didn't even cry..

I think we may be seeing something like that in Cindy, her relief at having Casey gone.. the chaos she brought with her, the constant worrying, being on automatic "defense" mode.. I think Cindy has a lot of weight off her shoulders.. I'm sure this has not been easy for her but now it is, with Casey gone.. no more worrying.

MO

:clap::clap::clap:

tbh Cindy reminds me so much of my own mother -my elder sister was jailed for drug offences (possessed 20kg of pure heroin -only God knows what kind of people she was involved with_ - Yet at trial my parents insisted her innocence and told her never to go guilty - even getting my grandad to lie under oath that he had given her 5k cash for rent for a year - obviously she didnt murder her child and there were no real victims here - but i can see how cindy would behave in the manner she does - she , like my mother was possibly overbearing and a pushy mother who Casey felt like she was always dissapointing , when Casey got pregnant - Cindy blamed herself and felt guilty and i believe thats when the enabling really kicked in to full gear!

I think that before she even got the car, Cindy knew something terrible happened, its a mothers instinct - obviously not murder of her grandbaby - but i think she has always known and always will know but will never admit ot discuss it with anyone even LA and GA. I reckon LA may have bought up the obvious fact that CA guilty and was probably shutdown immediately by CA and told to be loyal and support his sister- because thats what familys do right? hence his CMA promise

JMO - I am new here btw have read these posts since December and joined last week so i could post - This seems like a really friendly place with good-hearted intelligent people who just want to see justice!!!- lets hope CA learns the important lesson Zanny was trying to teach her!!

Great post! Welcome Mereille...:clap:....lookin' forward to hearing more from ya!

:blowkiss: ecellent post ..
Everything has a name now, ya know? Everyone wants something with a name to point at and blame for our (human) lousy behaviors. I agree with you that it is Cindy's personality that is at issue.. that has caused so many issues. It so happens that personality disorders are considered mental illness. People think of mental illness and they think "crazy".. having personality disorders in the mix confuses it even more.

It's funny, after my step father killed himself my mother became a new woman. She started taking care of herself and got off her pills, went into therapy, started going to church.. We had always assumed if he were to die (He took my place as the "child" after I moved out- She began enabling him because I didn't "need" her any more) she would kill herself, that she would fall to peices but she didn't even cry..

I think we may be seeing something like that in Cindy, her relief at having Casey gone.. the chaos she brought with her, the constant worrying, being on automatic "defense" mode.. I think Cindy has a lot of weight off her shoulders.. I'm sure this has not been easy for her but now it is, with Casey gone.. no more worrying.

MO

Is the Pope Catholic? LOL I'm kiddng I think she may have a stress related disorder she seems to disassociate to a degree, but who knows how any of us would react in a similar situation:confused:

I don't know if CA is mentally ill but lately I've been thinking about things from KC's perspective. My mother, like CA, was controlling, always critical, enmeshed, and let me tell you it was like a hell house for me. I had a child at 18, but the difference for me is that I moved out of my parents house(eventually moved to another city), I was independent, unlike KC. I can tell you that having a mother like that makes you extremely frustrated with no self worth which turns to anger which turns to acting out. Before you know it, you are labeled the bad one and the mother looks like Mother Teresa to the outside world. My mother did things that were similar to what CA did with Caylee but I never heard her call herself his mother. I can only imagine if my mother had successfully created a competition with my child the behavior I would had manifested. That is over the line, that is baiting in my book. I don't think KC not guilty or less guilty I just see her in a new light. She has to go to prison as what she has become shouldn't be in society. I just know that getting out of my mother's house "saved" me in some way....she didn't make it out, thats all. JMHO

I have been fascinated by this case from the very beginning. I have never followed any crime story so consistently. This saga has me taping Nancy Grace every night and now it’s got me to register on webslueths so I can keep up – whew! Just what is it about this story that has me so enthralled? Number 1 is the tragic, senseless murder of Caylee. Who doesn’t look at pictures of her and not want to smack the entire Anthony family into next week?
This child was doomed from the moment she was born into this crippled family. Sad to say but I think the family dynamics is what keeps me watching. Obviously, Casey is a garden-variety sociopath with all the trappings that go with that. However, it is rare to actually be able to examine the goings-on of an entire family that seems to all share in
the same delusion. If they truly believe Casey’s story that’s one thing but if they are just putting on a front for people they should be ashamed for betraying Caylee just for the sake of trying to look like they are innocent of neglect. What grandparents don’t know who is watching over their grandchild? Especially since it’s obvious that their daughter was a nut job? Disgraceful.

I have been fascinated by this case from the very beginning. I have never followed any crime story so consistently. This saga has me taping Nancy Grace every night and now it’s got me to register on webslueths so I can keep up – whew! Just what is it about this story that has me so enthralled? Number 1 is the tragic, senseless murder of Caylee. Who doesn’t look at pictures of her and not want to smack the entire Anthony family into next week?
This child was doomed from the moment she was born into this crippled family. Sad to say but I think the family dynamics is what keeps me watching. Obviously, Casey is a garden-variety sociopath with all the trappings that go with that. However, it is rare to actually be able to examine the goings-on of an entire family that seems to all share in
the same delusion. If they truly believe Casey’s story that’s one thing but if they are just putting on a front for people they should be ashamed for betraying Caylee just for the sake of trying to look like they are innocent of neglect. What grandparents don’t know who is watching over their grandchild? Especially since it’s obvious that their daughter was a nut job? Disgraceful.

And that, is very intriguing--the part about the enmeshed family. Who is really responsible for the death of Caylee, in KC's mind? Perhaps she truly believes that it is the entire family, and not herself.

Great first post! I felt like I was reading my own words!

the same delusion. What grandparents don’t know who is watching over their grandchild? Especially since it’s obvious that their daughter was a nut job? Disgraceful.

I, too, have become fascinated with this case. My behavior has been no different from yours, I taped Nancy, I've signed up for Websleuths, I look for news about it, and my family thinks I've lost my mind because of my "obsession" with it as I've never felt this way over a case before.

Human behavior is a curious thing to observe. The interactions of families and people in general have always fascinated me, I often wonder why one person has one reaction to a situation and someone else a totally different reaction to the same situation. Usually, you can justify why someone with different life experiences behaves a certain way...something in their past etc...can cause them to see things in such a different perspective. THIS family, however, is beyond justification, in my opinion. And I think the real thing that keeps me so "hooked" is that I am waiting, praying and hoping that SOMEONE in this poor childs immediate family comes to defend her life and seek justice for her death. Without witnessing this, in my opinion, I think it makes all of us who have a heart feel as if it's a great loss of faith for all mankind. I know so many here, and I am one too, who have children and will do anything for them...EXCEPT defend them for the cold blooded murder of anyone, much less their own child, my grandchild! I would still love my child, but I certainly would want to see them spend eternity in prison if they committed such a horrible act.

[/QUOTE]If they truly believe Casey’s story that’s one thing but if they are just putting on a front for people they should be ashamed for betraying Caylee just for the sake of trying to look like they are innocent of neglect.[/QUOTE]

And the irony of this is, they ARE showing neglect with the very method they've devised to try to hide it. They are showing total uncaring and lack of love and sympathy for Caylee.

Your post was excellent. Thanks for sharing.

Welcome :)

So, I suppose one of the defence's backup plans will be to push what I call the: Deadly Familial and Significant Other Cocktail Theory, being that someone can go over the edge and commit murder because of a mental illness caused by the combination of a number of factors: such as youthful naivete, over-bearing parenting, lack of parental responsibility, partying (which necessarily includes substance abuse), a genetic factor, post-partum depression, the influence of lovers to seduce her to use substances such as chloroform to better her life etc. etc. etc. resulting in the homicidal nature of this young woman, KC. What do you all think?

I, too, have become fascinated with this case. My behavior has been no different from yours, I taped Nancy, I've signed up for Websleuths, I look for news about it, and my family thinks I've lost my mind because of my "obsession" with it as I've never felt this way over a case before.

Human behavior is a curious thing to observe. The interactions of families and people in general have always fascinated me, I often wonder why one person has one reaction to a situation and someone else a totally different reaction to the same situation. Usually, you can justify why someone with different life experiences behaves a certain way...something in their past etc...can cause them to see things in such a different perspective. THIS family, however, is beyond justification, in my opinion. And I think the real thing that keeps me so "hooked" is that I am waiting, praying and hoping that SOMEONE in this poor childs immediate family comes to defend her life and seek justice for her death. Without witnessing this, in my opinion, I think it makes all of us who have a heart feel as if it's a great loss of faith for all mankind. I know so many here, and I am one too, who have children and will do anything for them...EXCEPT defend them for the cold blooded murder of anyone, much less their own child, my grandchild! I would still love my child, but I certainly would want to see them spend eternity in prison if they committed such a horrible act.

And the irony of this is, they ARE showing neglect with the very method they've devised to try to hide it. They are showing total uncaring and lack of love and sympathy for Caylee.

Your post was excellent. Thanks for sharing.

Bold is mine-

Yours was too

I have refrained from posting in this thread every time it surfaces, but I just have to ask a few questions.

First- can someone please explain to me the purpose and point of this thread? Cindy is not charged with a crime. In the eyes of the law she is one of the many victims in this case. I thought the MODS at WS at least saw her as such? If they do, why do they allow this thread? The speculative, ultimately proven-false Lee/paternity/incest thread went straight to the parking lot, as it should have. What is different about this one?

I'm simply trying to understand how whether or not Cindy has has a mental condition matters? How does dissecting, critiquing, comparing to others and arm-chair-diagnosing this grief-stricken grandmother with mental and/or personality disorders important in seeking justice for Caylee? No flames, please- I think these are legitimate questions, I ask them respectfully and I'd appreciate the same. :)Thanks.

I have refrained from posting in this thread every time it surfaces, but I just have to ask a few questions.

First- can someone please explain to me the purpose and point of this thread? Cindy is not charged with a crime. In the eyes of the law she is one of the many victims in this case. I thought the MODS at WS at least saw her as such? If they do, why do they allow this thread? The speculative, ultimately proven-false Lee/paternity/incest thread went straight to the parking lot, as it should have. What is different about this one?

I'm simply trying to understand how whether or not Cindy has has a mental condition matters? How does dissecting, critiquing, comparing to others and arm-chair-diagnosing this grief-stricken grandmother with mental and/or personality disorders important in seeking justice for Caylee? No flames, please- I think these are legitimate questions, I ask them respectfully and I'd appreciate the same. :)Thanks.

If we ever wish for this behavior to stop, we need to understand what causes it. ENABLING (not to mention the LYING and COVERING UP they did for how many years?!) parents with personality disorders or behaviors much like them do often create children who engage in the behaviors Casey has engaged in, even before the murder of her child.

I believe Cindy's illness, her BEHAVIOR is a very important part of what made Casey, Casey. Cindy has put herself out there, presented herself to the world as a liar, and a sneak, who is willing to throw anyone BUT her daughter under the bus. I didn't make any of that up, that isn't bad media coverage of a "grief-stricken grandmother". It's truth and it's fact, we have all seen this play out with our own eyes.

I'd think Cindy would rather have something to blame it on (she sure seems to like the whole blame game) then accept it as her true character. Having a disorder wouldn't be her fault. Being a lying, spiteful, nasty, guilt riddled liar who is willing to let her daughter get away with murder would be.

Mental illness is not a dirty word. These are legitimate answers and I answer them respectfuly.

:clap::clap::clap:

tbh Cindy reminds me so much of my own mother -my elder sister was jailed for drug offences (possessed 20kg of pure heroin -only God knows what kind of people she was involved with_ - Yet at trial my parents insisted her innocence and told her never to go guilty - even getting my grandad to lie under oath that he had given her 5k cash for rent for a year - obviously she didnt murder her child and there were no real victims here - but i can see how cindy would behave in the manner she does - she , like my mother was possibly overbearing and a pushy mother who Casey felt like she was always dissapointing , when Casey got pregnant - Cindy blamed herself and felt guilty and i believe thats when the enabling really kicked in to full gear!

I think that before she even got the car, Cindy knew something terrible happened, its a mothers instinct - obviously not murder of her grandbaby - but i think she has always known and always will know but will never admit ot discuss it with anyone even LA and GA. I reckon LA may have bought up the obvious fact that CA guilty and was probably shutdown immediately by CA and told to be loyal and support his sister- because thats what familys do right? hence his CMA promise

JMO - I am new here btw have read these posts since December and joined last week so i could post - This seems like a really friendly place with good-hearted intelligent people who just want to see justice!!!- lets hope CA learns the important lesson Zanny was trying to teach her!!

:balloons::Welcome-12-june::balloons:
I love it here 2.

Cindy may be a little hyper, but I think George shows many more signs of problems than Cindy. He also seems to have lots of Casey's traits, or vice versa.

I personally believe that the purpose and the point of this entire thread is just this: a child has been murdered by a young, attractive, middle-class female who seemingly "had it all" and we, as a group, are simply making an attempt to come to some kind of understanding of how such a thing came to be.

It is hard to say what Cindy actually is in the "eyes of the law" at this juncture. We know that she has not been charged with any crime, but that does not mean that none was committed. We do know that LE has it on record that Cindy was being anything BUT helpful in all of her story-changing that she was doing and we know that she and George offered to "come clean" in exchange for immunity. This is not what a "victim" does. A true "victim" does not have anything that they need to clean up. They are a victim-plain and simple. This-not so simple.

The thread about Lee was moved for exactly those reasons-no proof, pure speculation, etc. This is hardly the case with Cindy. There is no reason that we should have to speculate much of anything about Cindy as she has put it all out there in the media and in her interviews and statements. By her own actions she has called up this question of her own mental state.

Why it matters is so simple: it could happen again. It could happen to someone you know or to someone that I know. It could happen in our town, or in our neighborhood. For some here, there is even the potential that it could happen to them. It matters so much that awareness of these conditions be raised so that there can be some kind of recognition-some type of early recognition-some warning signs that can be noted and acted upon in order to hopefully prevent it from happening the next time. Mental illness is real and it exists in people that we all know-people that we have relationships with-people that we work with-people that we love. Its mere existence is what makes it matter so much that it be dissected and analyzed and examined down to its bare roots in the hope that some change can be effected in some life somewhere because someone was made aware of its existence. It may not bring about more justice for Caylee, but it may be an avenue of avoiding there be a need for justice for some other victim in the future.

I firmly believe that if we plant seeds of awareness and debunk the "shame" that is so entangled in the web of mental illness that it is possible and even probable that we may make a difference. It may not show in this case, and we may never even know that the difference was made, but someone may be reading who has someone like Cindy or anyone that we happen to be discussing, and they may be having some issues because of it and they may find hope in their situation by something that we said-something that we saw-something that we understood.

:D And also, Cindy just makes it so dad-blamed easy! lol...just kidding...kinda'.:liar:

Cindy may be a little hyper, but I think George shows many more signs of problems than Cindy. He also seems to have lots of Casey's traits, or vice versa.

I agree that there are some serious issues with George as well. As soon as this thread started I thought-what about George? because he certainly is no "Mr. Normality" to say the least. He could not have simply overlooked everything that he has overlooked if he did not have issues of his own...but I guess we can discuss his in the general psych thread about them all, huh? :angel:

If we ever wish for this behavior to stop, we need to understand what causes it. ENABLING (not to mention the LYING and COVERING UP they did for how many years?!) parents with personality disorders or behaviors much like them do often create children who engage in the behaviors Casey has engaged in, even before the murder of her child.

I believe Cindy's illness, her BEHAVIOR is a very important part of what made Casey, Casey. Cindy has put herself out there, presented herself to the world as a liar, and a sneak, who is willing to throw anyone BUT her daughter under the bus. I didn't make any of that up, that isn't bad media coverage of a "grief-stricken grandmother". It's truth and it's fact, we have all seen this play out with our own eyes.

I'd think Cindy would rather have something to blame it on (she sure seems to like the whole blame game) then accept it as her true character. Having a disorder wouldn't be her fault. Being a lying, spiteful, nasty, guilt riddled liar who is willing to let her daughter get away with murder would be.

Mental illness is not a dirty word. These are legitimate answers and I answer them respectfuly.

Onelostgrl, thank you for answering respectfully. I have to say though, I have no idea how you interepreted from my post that I am insinuating mental illness is a "dirty word". That certainly is not my belief nor was it the purpose of my post. I simply do not understand the pigeonholing of Cindy..that because she was dealing with a deeply disturbed young woman that was also her daughter, or that she behaved half out of her mind while Caylee was missing means that she MUST have a pre-existing mental illness or PD. In light of the extroaordinary circumstances of this case, I just don't see the validity.

You said parents with mental illness and/or pd often create children like Casey. By the same token, there are good, stable parents who do end up with children like Casey. And then there are plenty of parents with mental illnesses and PD's who don't have children like Casey. My point is there is no cookie cutter, one-size-fits-all as to who ends up with a child like Casey.

I know many people who survived growing up in dysfunctional homes and while they have various issues, they are generally good people who didn't end up behaving even remotely like Casey. On the other hand, I have a cousin who grew up with a decent home life and parents- yet she has always exhibited sociopathic-type behaviors. My own father suffered from manic-depression, alcoholism, and probably NPD. My mother was terribly unbalanced mentally while I was growing up- emotional problems and a tendency to engage in risky behaviors. I was far from unscathed, (I have generalized anxiety disorder and used to suffer horrible panic attacks) but somehow I knew it was wrong to hurt others, steal, cheat and lie (even though my father did it constantly). I have made my fair share of mistakes in life, but one thing I did do right from a young age was actively choose NOT to do certain things my parents did, simply by learning from their poor example. I avoided alcohol and drugs, because I saw what it did to my family. I'd be damned if I was gonna do it to me and mine... I am not saying that makes me better than anyone who have learned life's lessons in other ways..I realize everyone has to figure out their way in life in their own time. The thing is, I believe Casey had the time on her hands and the opportunity afforded to her, but she never bothered to do right. Instead, she was very effectively making a career out of using and abusing everyone who crossed her path.

That said, I think you know that you and I disagree about the reasons why Casey is the way she is. Everything you stated about Cindy is exactly how I see Casey as an individual. She's disordered, maladjusted, and I'll throw in rotten to the core for good measure. Some people feel a need to find something or someone to blame it on...I am quite comfortable to lay it all on Casey. She's not a child, she hasn't been for a very long time. She had CHOICES and she made them. She CHOSE what to do or not do, and how to do it. Ultimately her supreme selfishness and unconscionable deeds cost little Caylee her life.

It's always been my belief that Cindy loved little Caylee more than life itself; and to Casey, the little girl was a burden. Therein was Cindy's greatest conflict- she very much wanted to help her daughter, she knew Caylee needed her mother, but also knew that Casey was not managing her life in the best interests of her child. I believe Cindy tried to manage this sad situation the best she could for Caylee's sake. She could've thrown Casey out and taken legal steps, but I honestly think she feared Casey. In hindsight, I am sure she wish she had kicked her out.

Yes, Cindy put herself out there...but I believe she did it for CAYLEE, not so much Casey. I realize she said and did things that didn't put her in the best light as all of this unfolded, but I believe her one desperate wish was for Caylee to be alive, and that is what propelled her behavior. She was never going to stop until someone proved otherwise. To admit the horrible truth was to admit little Caylee was dead and gone. What dreadful, unthinkable things she has and will continue to have to learn to live with...her daughter did this. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Hyper isn't the word I'd use to describe her (She is like a bump on a log, IMO) but ITA that Poor George seems to have some major issues as well. Which is actually quite typical in a home like this. Women like Cindy seek out (not always knowingly, most times not, actually) men like George.. and men like George seek out (usually knowingly) women like Cindy.

Certainly Casey has picked up traits from both of her parents (don't we all?) and seeing as they are both quite dysfunctional it's only natural the traits she picked up are dysfunctional.

I have more concern for Lee's ability to act like a real person with "normal" emotions and proper reactions to life events than I do Casey's. He is out there and seems to have to pretend his feelings (mimicing what he's seen others do in similar situations) and still often acts plain wrong yet seems to have no clue it is wrong (the laughing while speaking of the decomp smell in the garage, etc). Casey on the other hand picked up her mom's coping tools. Dissassociate, create a false reality, lie, deny, play the victim, attack the character of people who do not do as you wish..

I find this a good example of the behaviors...

More here http://samvak.tripod.com/8.html

"The Hated-Hating Personality Disordered"

Personality disordered people are usually hated. One needs only to read professional texts to see how despised, derided, hated and avoided the personality disordered are even by the therapeutic professions. Because many people don't even realize that they suffer from a personality disorder – they feel victimized, wronged, discriminated against and hopeless. They don't understand why they are so hated, avoided and abandoned. They define themselves as victims and attribute mental disorders to others ("pathologizing").

They employ the primitive defence mechanisms of splitting and projection augmented by the more sophisticated mechanism of projective identification.

In other words:

They "split off" from their personality the bad feelings of hating and being hated – because they cannot cope with negative feelings.

Then, they project these feelings unto others ("He hates me, I don't hate anyone", "I am a good soul, but he is a psychopath", "He is stalking me, I just want to stay away from him", "He is a con-artist, I am the innocent victim").

Then they FORCE others to behave in a way that JUSTIFIES their projections and models (projective identification followed by counter projective identification).

Some narcissists, for instance, firmly "believe" that women are evil predators, out to suck their lifeblood and then abandon them. So, they try and make them fulfill the prophecy. They try and make sure that women behave exactly in this manner, that they do not abnegate and ruin the model that the narcissist so craftily, so elaborately and so studiously designed.

Such narcissists tease women and betray them and bad mouth them and taunt them and torment them and stalk them and haunt them and pursue them and subjugate them and frustrate them until they do abandon them.

At this stage the narcissist feels vindicated – not realizing HIS contribution to this recurrent pattern.

The personality disordered are full of negative emotions. They are filled to the brim with aggression and its transmutations, hatred and pathological envy. They are constantly seething with rage, repressed anger, jealousy and other corroding emotions. Unable to release these emotions (personality disorders are defence mechanisms against "forbidden" emotions) – they split them, project them and force others to behave in a way which LEGITIMIZES and EXPLAINS these negative emotions. "No wonder I hate him so – look what he did to me." The personality disordered are doomed to inhabit the land of self inflicted injuries. They generate the very hate that legitimizes their hate, which generated the hate in the first place....."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay