Casey Interview Recordings Released Discussion Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly,Completely,Absolutely,Never,I have not ever heard anyone person talk this way in my life. And the line I like is " I'm scared because I'm running out of options". WTH

Oh I soooo agree with this ... the nanny ... the blackjack ... the vacations ... event planning ... working from home ... buying a house from her parents ... going "back" to college ... the vocabulary ... I could go on ... ALL things that she didn't earn ... or couldn't afford ... that she simply gave to herself in order to appear more grandiose! It was all part of this world she created for herself and I believe that she lived in "Casey World" so much of the time that it became more familiar to her than the real world ... hence the reason she is so comfortable there! Maybe it comes from living near Disney for so many years ... she has this disconcerting affinity to the make believe - her Magic Kingdom?

Thank you, one hooah wife, for the well thought out post.

Makes me wonder why Casey had to construct such an elaborate life. All she had to do was finish high school and take up some kind of trade school. Do hair, nails, or something else like dental hygenist, nurse*s aide. I guess she didn*t think that was good enough for her.

I have been out of commission for a bit, can someone please post a link to the audio recordings that works? Fox site links are no longer working.

TYIA

ETA - found working links.

What I don't understand is how her parents and friends believed she had a job at these various places. Working from home on a laptop? That kind of a job does not strike me to be one that someone without even a high school diploma would have. I am not trying to belittle anyone here so please do not think I am bashing. But let's face it, not finishing high school does limit your choice of jobs. Has anyone else ever thought that was odd?

Yes, but her friends didn't think she was someone who didn't graduate high school. She told them she'd attended Valencia. Heck, she even said that in her police interview. It's since been proven that she was never enrolled there.

Perhaps she even went so far as to tell her parents she attended there too? It would be a great way to scam more money (books, etc.) and demand more babysitting time from her parents.

Yes, but her friends didn't think she was someone who didn't graduate high school. She told them she'd attended Valencia. Heck, she even said that in her police interview. It's since been proven that she was never enrolled there.

Perhaps she even went so far as to tell her parents she attended there too? It would be a great way to scam more money (books, etc.) and demand more babysitting time from her parents.

good point

I can't remember whether it was audio 4 or 5 where the detective was saying that
Caylee is probably in some trash can, her body decomposing....

If Casey didn't totally fall apart over that comment, then she's never going to crack. I would lose it if someone talked about my child's body like that.

I can't remember whether it was audio 4 or 5 where the detective was saying that
Caylee is probably in some trash can, her body decomposing....

If Casey didn't totally fall apart over that comment, then she's never going to crack. I would lose it if someone talked about my child's body like that.

It was on part five. I agree, after hearing the incredible pressure put upon her during that specific part of the interview, I just cannot believe that she will ever crack.

Can anyone provide a link to the tape recordings? The Fox News links no longer work.

:innocent:

http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies.php

Signs of Deception:

Verbal Context and Content
• A liar will use your words to make answer a question. When asked, “Did you eat the last cookie?” The liar answers, “No, I did not eat the last cookie.”
•A statement with a contraction is more likely to be truthful: “ I didn't do it” instead of “I did not do it”
• Liars sometimes avoid "lying" by not making direct statements. They imply answers instead of denying something directly.
• The guilty person may speak more than natural, adding unnecessary details to convince you... they are not comfortable with silence or pauses in the conversation.
• A liar may leave out pronouns and speak in a monotonous tone. When a truthful statement is made the pronoun is emphasized as much or more than the rest of the words in a statement.
• Words may be garbled and spoken softly, and syntax and grammar may be off. In other words, his sentences will likely be muddled rather than emphasized.

Other signs of a lie:
• If you believe someone is lying, then change subject of a conversation quickly, a liar follows along willingly and becomes more relaxed. The guilty wants the subject changed; an innocent person may be confused by the sudden change in topics and will want to back to the previous subject.
• Using humor or sarcasm to avoid a subject.

http://www.mahalo.com/How_to_Tell_if_Someone_is_Lying
Method 3: Voice Changes

Method 4: Statement Analysis

1. Use less first-person pronouns. A liar will try to distance him or herself from the lie by reducing their use of "I" and "me." Instead they will often use third person pronouns such as "you," "we," "it," "they," "them" or even drop the pronoun altogether.
  2. Use the pronoun "that" as a distancing word'. One of the best examples of this is Bill Clinton's infamous statement, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky."
  3. Shift pronouns. A liar often shifts their pronoun use. For example, they might go from "we" to "they," say "my wife and I" instead of "we" or switch from saying "my car" to "the car."
  4. Use more negative emotion words. Liars will use words such as hate, worthless and sad as if subconsciously expressing their guilt or anxiety.
  5. Use fewer exclusionary words. Liars have problems distinguishing between what they did and did not do and, as a result, will avoid using words such as except, but and nor.
  6. Use convincing statements such as "to tell you the truth" or "to be perfectly honest."
  7. Use noncommittal phrases such as "I think," "I believe," "to the best of my knowledge" or "kind of." Use less cognitive words such as "understand" and "realize."
  8. Change or use the incorrect verb tenses. Liars will often shift verb tense when telling a lie or use the incorrect verb tense. Scott Peterson made this mistake in a January 28 interview on Good Morning, America when he said, "I mean we took care of each other, very well. She was amazing." He promptly corrected himself and added, "She is amazing."
  9. Add extraneous information. Liars feel the need to convince you of their story and will often add extra information to their stories.
  10. Change nouns to refer to the same thing. People have specific vocabularies. Any deviation from this vocabulary is a good indicator that their reality has shifted from the truth to a lie.
  11. Mix up small details. Honest people have a clear picture of what happened and will be consistent with the smaller details. Without this mental image, liars will have trouble with minor things and will not be as consistent about them.
  12. More likely to make passive statements. For example, they will say "I'm not guilty of the crime."

That particular "agrammaticism" is present in numerous dialects all over the country, esp. from the Mason-Dixon line down. It occurs in the speech of adequately educated people in those regions.

Another common mistake is in conjugating the verb "to be." I've heard my mother say, for example, "We was downtown and we seen him." :innocent:

I am in SC and hear that ALL the time, although it drives me crazy! (I have no college degree, but did have a G'ma that was an English professor!) Casey is originally from Ohio IIRC, so it did surprise me a bit.

Wow Thanks Winnts!

They should reupolster the jury chairs with your post...;)

I found it odd that she referred to TonE as Anthony right off the bat..like she was trying so hard to say "proper names" instead of nicknames..she obviously called him TonE from the jailhouse phone calls with LA when she was pleading for TonE's phone number. This just showed me that she was going above and beyond to try and do everything correctly..yeah right huh?

Here's a new pondering point. We know that she's "comfortable" around men - flirts, hits on, her "world" revolves around her being able to "manipulate" men (whether she is actually successful or not). I wonder what her demeanor would be like if she was grilled like she was at Universal by WOMEN detectives? Think about that a minute - instead of being questioned by big, veteran, "manly man" detectives - she was questioned by woman detectives? Who knows - LE might have done that (after the one that was released) and they just aren't going to release that one.

I wonder how attractive she is going to want to be in women's prison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper