Casey Interview Recordings Released Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She meant that ZG had taken Caylee to grocery stores around the time Casey went there to pick her up. It's about context. Casey was explaining why she waited around the apt for awhile before freaking out. And she was also explaining why instead of calling the cops that first night, she went looking thru grocery stores and other places she knew ZG shopped at.

Just wanted to clarify that.

I guess that depends on who you talk to, she had told friends in the past that Caylee was with her Mother/Zanny for weekends. She told the Detectives that they had NEVER been away from each other for more then a day.

She meant that ZG had taken Caylee to grocery stores around the time Casey went there to pick her up. It's about context. Casey was explaining why she waited around the apt for awhile before freaking out. And she was also explaining why instead of calling the cops that first night, she went looking thru grocery stores and other places she knew ZG shopped at.

Just wanted to clarify that.

Thank you!

Why did they lat her keep the baby? They had plenty of evidence that she's unfit.

What evidence did the Anthony's have that Casey was an unfit mother? Stealing money and lying doesn't make you an "unfit" mother.

KC--Phone only saves 20 calls. It only saves the messages I send, not the one's a receive.

Cop says, but you're phone company will have all that. Go cop!

Geez 4 years of knowing Zanny...3 different phone numbers. Cops should be able to track her down from calls, incoming or outgoing!

She didn't seem to pick up on the cops hint that it's ALL out there, whether it's on your phone, whether your phone is lost, whether you change phones.

I listened to all the tapes and followed along with the transcripts. You have all made excellent points. I haven't finished the thread, but I keep reading about how many interviews there were. I think this interview was simply broken into pieces for ease of posting them. (I'm not very techno-savy, so pardon me if I'm wrong.)

The 16th, Casey wrote her report (part 1 of 400 pages). LE then interviewed her and she led them around a few places. It was the 17th when LE came back to confront her about her lies. By then, they had checked out as much as they could. They took her to Universal, full knowing she didn't work there (arrest affadavit) and finally confronted her in the conference room there.

They needed to confirm her story as told the previous day and at Universal. That's why they basically begin the interview by going over all of her story and havng her confirm what she had said. They now had her pinned down on tape.

The rest of the interview was an attempt to get some truth out of her. That is when Casey speaks more.

When the Cindy was interviewed about this interview, she said that LE didn't let her speak. That's only true in the first part, where they pinned her down to "her story."

Casey is really, really pathalogical. She frightens me.

I also think she's screwed with LE so much, that convicting her is a little personal.

I think it is a little of that, I agree, but mostly what we feel she did to this baby, and the indecency of not saying where she is.

Ok I listened to the interviews twice. A few things I noticed:

- Her voice is exactly the same whether she's telling the truth (For example the color of Caylee's eyes and her birthmark) or the lies.

- There was a difference in tone between the first interview and the second. The first it sounded like "poor me, my daughter is missing, somebody took her".

The second interview, the same tone up until it became clear the gig was up, and she was not going to be able to pull the wool over these seasoned detectives' eyes. At that point, "poor little me" was entiredly gone, and she became more hostile and angry in her tone. (angry and hostile, hmmm... repetitive theme in this family).

- The detective who talked to her alone towards the end, it was weird. In that interview, she went right back to the lies. Talking as if she did work at universal. Bizarre. And scary.

- After confronting Casey with the fact that she didn't work at Universal, a number of times her dropping off Caylee with a babysitter came up. Never once did the detectives ask her why, if she wasn't working, she was dropping Caylee off, what she did during those times, where she got the money for babysitters. I just found that interesting, and I wonder why.

- Those detectives were good. Really good. It was very interesting to hear this questioning.

- It was very interesting in a clinical "bug under a microscope" way to hear a sociopath talk for that length of time about something so serious. Creepy as hell, but interesting none the less.

I guess that depends on who you talk to, she had told friends in the past that Caylee was with her Mother/Zanny for weekends. She told the Detectives that they had NEVER been away from each other for more then a day.

Exactly.:clap:

"You know where Caylee is"
"I don't know where my daughter is"

Someone SOMEONE needs to ask or say, "You may not know where she is - but you do know what happened to her. WHAT HAPPENED TO CAYLEE?"

With this "I don't know where she is" she's not technically lying, because she doesn't know where she is. But she does know what happened to her... WHY WON'T ANYONE ASK THE REAL QUESTION!?!

I also think she's screwed with LE so much, that convicting her is a little personal.

Listening to the tapes and the utter faceless responses mired in outlandish lies upon lies upon further lies would frustrate anyone and it is completely understandable that they would make this case a bit personal. She seems inhuman, cold, calculating, and distant from any kind of reality. They had a monster in the room.

I have listened to these tapes. Well, I think Casey will never tell the truth about what happened to Caylee. She wants everybody to believe that her lies are the truth.

When she speaks of Caylee, she shows no emotion. I feel I heard even anger in her voice a la that little person caused me all this trouble etc She did depend on her parents, she had no job, no proper education, obviously had very little control of her life, the only thing she could control was Caylee...

What evidence did the Anthony's have that Casey was an unfit mother?

Taking her to bars? Parties where there are lots of drinking and drugging going on?

What evidence did the Anthony's have that Casey was an unfit mother? Stealing money and lying doesn't make you an "unfit" mother.

Stealing constantly (about 25K from the family), lying compulsively, inability or unwillingness to hold a job (how will she support a baby?). The fact that KC had not wanted the baby, and that Cindy was the real caregiver. Clubbing and promiscuity.

I think the parents cold have built a pretty good picture, for the courts.

When I listen to Casey on the tapes, she is an exact replica of her mother Cindy! Same non reaction, same twists, same no emotions.

After hearing recently about the 30 day script, and Jay Blanchard Park etc., and now knowing the Anthony's refused to take the polygraph test, I feel that 30 day script is a script the Anthony's wrote themselves.

That might have been one of those "truths" wrapped up lies that was told. There is a script and it started with Caylee last being seen on the 9th. Unfortunately for them, Casey's friend remembered the 12th and LE found the camera with pictures from father's day.

-snipped for space considerations-

When the Cindy was interviewed about this interview, she said that LE didn't let her speak. That's only true in the first part, where they pinned her down to "her story."

I was listening very carefully for that (I was also reading along in the documents) because I saw Cindy saying how they didn't let Casey speak, were so unfair to her, etc etc.

They were more than fair to Casey. They gave her every opportunity in every way to tell the real story.

They also asked her if there was anything at all she wanted to add.

I just couldn't see where Cindy was coming from.

I think it is a little of that, I agree, but mostly what we feel she did to this baby, and the indecency of not saying where she is.

Yep. In my experience, most cops have a special affinity for victims. If these guys are like the cops I know, and they sound like they are, they REALLY want to find Caylee and they want propper respect and justice for her, whatever happened.

Ok I listened to the interviews twice. A few things I noticed:

- Her voice is exactly the same whether she's telling the truth (For example the color of Caylee's eyes and her birthmark) or the lies.

- There was a difference in tone between the first interview and the second. The first it sounded like "poor me, my daughter is missing, somebody took her".

The second interview, the same tone up until it became clear the gig was up, and she was not going to be able to pull the wool over these seasoned detectives' eyes. At that point, "poor little me" was entiredly gone, and she became more hostile and angry in her tone. (angry and hostile, hmmm... repetitive theme in this family).

- The detective who talked to her alone towards the end, it was weird. In that interview, she went right back to the lies. Talking as if she did work at universal. Bizarre. And scary.

- After confronting Casey with the fact that she didn't work at Universal, a number of times her dropping off Caylee with a babysitter came up. Never once did the detectives ask her why, if she wasn't working, she was dropping Caylee off, what she did during those times, where she got the money for babysitters. I just found that interesting, and I wonder why.

- Those detectives were good. Really good. It was very interesting to hear this questioning.

- It was very interesting in a clinical "bug under a microscope" way to hear a sociopath talk for that length of time about something so serious. Creepy as hell, but interesting none the less.

really good insight, I believe they were intentionally not putting her on the defensive, just trying to let her talk so to speak. Their objective was to find Caylee regardless of the other "crap", imo.

I agree, they were stellar. I know at exactly which point in that tape I would have rung her neck.

I listened to all the tapes and followed along with the transcripts. You have all made excellent points. I haven't finished the thread, but I keep reading about how many interviews there were. I think this interview was simply broken into pieces for ease of posting them. (I'm not very techno-savy, so pardon me if I'm wrong.)

The 16th, Casey wrote her report (part 1 of 400 pages). LE then interviewed her and she led them around a few places. It was the 17th when LE came back to confront her about her lies. By then, they had checked out as much as they could. They took her to Universal, full knowing she didn't work there (arrest affadavit) and finally confronted her in the conference room there.

They needed to confirm her story as told the previous day and at Universal. That's why they basically begin the interview by going over all of her story and havng her confirm what she had said. They now had her pinned down on tape.

The rest of the interview was an attempt to get some truth out of her. That is when Casey speaks more.

And it was after that they searched the yard and car. I ask, what was found when the Anthonys did their own search in the backyard, moving pavers, hibiscus trees, and the playhouse?

Actually you hear Yuri state in the second interview that it was to continue from the interview that morning. The first interview is early morning and then after that interview she shows him her place of work - they recorded the second interview at Universal inthe conference room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420