Casey offered more than $1mil to tell story

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This deal is just as imaginary as zanny the nanny. It is simply Baez's latest lame attempt to push LE's buttons. The thing he wants most is them to charge kc before they are ready, he has admitted this on tv. He is merely trying to irritate LE, because they know she can't make any money off of her crime after she is convicted. He thinks LE has it out for kc (even though she brought this on herself) and they will be so annoyed bu this "book offer" that they will charge her quickly, w/o any remains being found, and best of all...before they are ready to. When have you ever heard of a book deal being offered when the whole story hasn't played out. It's a scam, don't get upset over it, it won't happen. Supposedly it has some "terms" to it that kc has to tell where Caylee is, well she never will, not for 1.5 mil, not for 50 mil. The minute she does, she is as good as gone for life and can't collect the $ anyway. IMO

I'm hoping LE and the Judge put the hammer down on little miss happy bucks before she collects. Is there or not a law in FL that one can NOT collect funds from a crime they committed? I've seen this discussed but never knew if it was confirmed.

If she can't collect, then expect charges soon before the money changes hands.

So they are high fiving each other for blood money?

How about a high five to bring Caylee back????? A baby is buried and rotting and they're happy about it?

Very bad message being sent out, yes.

Unless she is charged and convicted, this make it "open season" on little kids everywhere.

Yep. In the end, Casey will be in jail for a good long time, Caylee will be forever gone, the crowds will eventually disperse, and George, Cindy & Lee will be left looking at each other with nothing but huge holes in what was their lives.

Even if she is not charged yet for the demise of her daughter, she is going to spend at least 12 years in jail and she is not going to be that "cute young thing" that anyone wants in bars anymore. She is DONE - stick a fork in her.

And her crazy family will be the laughing stock of Florida for years to come after they are charged too.

Re: Jesse's dad: He's upset about the money offers...like most of us. Although, it has to be even harder on him.:(

ETA: He doesn't comment on it (much), but let's the story speak for itself.

I smell another OJ.... :furious::mad::bang:

I don't think people will ever fall for the OJ farce again........besides he may have gotten away with murder but Goldmans have dogged him at every turn and even got his watch in Vegas. LOL

Speaking of Vegas, it looks like he may go to jail time. I think his trial starts this week. Most convicts will tell you that they aren't in jail for most of the crimes they did but for one stupid one which got them caught.

Unless she is charged and convicted, this make it "open season" on little kids everywhere.

No. It's never going to be 'open season' on little kids anywhere, let alone everywhere. Maybe in the Sudan or Darfur where people are killed/tortured just for being from the wrong 'clan' or race. But here in North America and the rest of the free world? No one will ever stand for or be okay with children being murdered. Ever. And the laws declaring murder to be okay now? Will also never happen. Casey WILL be charged and convicted of something. It may not meet the standard of Murder in the 1st degree (or maybe it will I don't know). But no, she will NOT be walking around as a free woman for many, many years, if ever.

Hmmmm never imagined that killing my baby would be the next hit get rich quick scheme!11 AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I just want to scream and cry and pull my hair out. The little bleep bleep bleepety bleep is going to get rich she knew life would be easier without a child to take care of but who owuld have though she would have the means to live the high life too. im sooooo sad right now I cant stand it

I'm not getting a link, or I don't understand the link. I think what is meant by that statement is Casey is collecting money and where's Caylee's money that was for her trust fund? I don't know, not sure I understand.

I have sent an FOIA request for the accounting of the trust. I don't know how soon I will get it, but under FSL it has to made available. I will post it when I get it.

I would guess her trust fund is in the same black hole the Daniel Smith (Anna Nichol's son) trust is. The only difference this time is it not the Bahamas but Florida.

Thanks, turbo for that info :)

Imnotheonlyone-- I think Rev Grund is none too pleased with the recent $$$ for story Casey's lawyer is putting out. He had this on his site...
(I've never been a bible thumper but it actually seemed to fit pretty darn well. )
Mark 8:36-37 ( NKJV ) 36For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?37Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

So the high fives were because of the $1 mil? She won't be allowed to collect on it. Most of it will go to the attornies and a lot to IRS, but if she is convicted, she won't get any of it.
People who deal in books and movies don't care what the story is, they pay good money for something like this. It's just disgusting that Casey would profit off the death of her baby, though.

Thanks, turbo for that info :)

Imnotheonlyone-- I think Rev Grund is none too pleased with the recent $$$ for story Casey's lawyer is putting out. He had this on his site...
(I've never been a bible thumper but it actually seemed to fit pretty darn well. )
Mark 8:36-37 ( NKJV ) 36For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?37Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

Yes, I was trying to post the entire blog, but it wouldn't work...has in the past, but not tonight?

This deal is just as imaginary as zanny the nanny. It is simply Baez's latest lame attempt to push LE's buttons. The thing he wants most is them to charge kc before they are ready, he has admitted this on tv. He is merely trying to irritate LE, because they know she can't make any money off of her crime after she is convicted. He thinks LE has it out for kc (even though she brought this on herself) and they will be so annoyed bu this "book offer" that they will charge her quickly, w/o any remains being found, and best of all...before they are ready to. When have you ever heard of a book deal being offered when the whole story hasn't played out. It's a scam, don't get upset over it, it won't happen. Supposedly it has some "terms" to it that kc has to tell where Caylee is, well she never will, not for 1.5 mil, not for 50 mil. The minute she does, she is as good as gone for life and can't collect the $ anyway. IMO

I have taken the time to read the whole thread to this point, but from go, I was pretty much thinking exactly what SM has said. And I also think it's possibly JB's way of assuring himself at least partial payment for his services. I've seen the $300/hour figure thrown around. Do the math: 300 x 6 = 1800/day x 5 days = 9000 per week x ? weeks? Who knows. The attorneys I used to work for always had their fingers in the pie when big bucks were involved for their clients. Usually 1/3 plus expenses was their slice.

I also can't help but wonder, given the fact that someone convicted of a felony cannot profit, if maybe what this will provoke is the DA's decision coming down that felony assault charges will be filed against George, for the assault incident.

And all of this is said under my consitutional right to free speech, of course!

Perhaps we can do something about this. Remember when OJ was going to write his book and one channel (was it Fox) was going to interview him about it. All HE** broke loose and people were really up in arms. Book got cancelled, interview got cancelled. So IF we can find out who is offering the money, which publisher, which magazine, which news station and work our fingers to the bone firing off emails stating we will not buy, watch or have anything else to do with ANY media outlet, book publisher etc. who gets involved in this - we just might make a difference. It's worth a try, right?

Yeah, I remember that.The judge rushed in and ruled the proceeds should go to Ron's family toward the civil suit they won. The books were bundled up and sent to CA, where most of them still sit today. Fox backed out of that interview faster than KC changes boyfriends!

FL law says anyone convicted of a felony can not profit from the crime, so if CA and GA, or even Lee sold the rights and started living off the money; does that mean Casey could no longer live with them? She would be enjoying the profits, even if it was indirectly. :waitasec:

Yes, I was trying to post the entire blog, but it wouldn't work...has in the past, but not tonight?

No idea what caused that for you, but glad you posted the link! :)
I liked his quote from the bible, seems to sum this whole money making off of a lost baby pretty well, imo.

Guess he did 2 things, as it made me stop and think about the bible some, there's some pretty good stuff in that book! lol

Just wait...that $ Million five offer will double soon...then go up from there. They will hold out for the highest bidder.

No idea what caused that for you, but glad you posted the link! :)
I liked his quote from the bible, seems to sum this whole money making off of a lost baby pretty well, imo.

Guess he did 2 things, as it made me stop and think about the bible some, there's some pretty good stuff in that book! lol

Mr. G has some awesome messages within his words - I've read them many, many times since this ordeal began.

I found this http://news.ufl.edu/2007/12/06/son-of-sam/ Albeit, not an actual "law" it does provide some insight into something called "General asset forfeiture laws" This appears to be something they could do to keep KC from profiting. BUT, I still wonder if since Caylee is probably no longer with us, would the money then be dispursed to GA, CA and LA? Caylee definately needs a GAL to represent her now!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back