Casey "really did" expect her mom to stand by her, Here's why:

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OK... something's bothering me.

After ICA declined this last visitation request with her parents near Mother's Day, Cindy deposited $200 into her commissary account. This was one of the larger deposits made by her family to my knowledge. Obviously, this was well after the revelation from the SA that seems to have resulted in them having a change of heart toward ICA.

I'm not even going to try to speculate what the visit would have entailed. But why would they want to deposit money into her account after knowing what she was about to do to them? Seems to me that sending her money would be an indication of support. Or maybe it was the last they intend to donate. I dunno... it just seems an odd thing to do right after finding out ICA would be gunning for them in the most vile way.

Any thoughts or am I making somethin' outta nothin'?

Or maybe some sort of bribe? Saying something like "This is what you will be giving up if you throw us under the bus. Who else will give you money in your account?"

After ICA declined this last visitation request with her parents near Mother's Day, Cindy deposited $200 into her commissary account. This was one of the larger deposits made by her family to my knowledge. Obviously, this was well after the revelation from the SA that seems to have resulted in them having a change of heart toward ICA.

I'm not even going to try to speculate what the visit would have entailed. But why would they want to deposit money into her account after knowing what she was about to do to them? Seems to me that sending her money would be an indication of support. Or maybe it was the last they intend to donate. I dunno... it just seems an odd thing to do right after finding out ICA would be gunning for them in the most vile way.

It's part of CA's mental structure. She was in public. She will always attempt to at least appear to do the "expected" act. In the case of the money to KC, it is a multi front bit of dysfunctional family psychology. Cindy shows the world that unlike her daughter, she is a good mother. She supports her daughter, even if she is an evil murderous *advertiser censored*. At least to the extent that a mother should be expected to do. She will take responsibility for her child and not abandon her or disown her. At the same time it is sending several clear and stinging messages to KC. Not the least of which are "I'm a better Mommy than you", and "See I can make you look like the ungrateful spoiled brat that you are to everybody while I look like a martyr".

As I said it is all probably quite complex for outsiders to grasp. But at heart CA putting that money there is to serve Cindy's mental and personal needs at this point. Not really KC's.

Hi there! I'm a long-time lurker, first time poster.

I apologize if this was already mentioned-I didn't get the chance to read all of the posts in this thread.

IMO Cindy still is standing by ICA in her own way; although she is standing by her word about putting down the ladder, she is not admitting to any heated arguments that have long been rumored to have occured the night of the 15th. In this supposed argument (to which Lee talked about to detectives in his first interview), I believe Cindy could have said things to Casey that, upon looking back on it, Cindy believes would be too incriminating to admit.

Specifically, she could have told ICA that she was an unfit mother and was going to file for custody. If she were to admit that, I believe she'd fear that the jury could be led to find some sort of motive for ICA.

I'm excited to hear more of your opinions, and to finally post mine:crazy:

I apologize if this was already mentioned-I didn't get the chance to read all of the posts in this thread.

IMO Cindy still is standing by ICA in her own way; although she is standing by her word about putting down the ladder, she is not admitting to any heated arguments that have long been rumored to have occured the night of the 15th. In this supposed argument (to which Lee talked about to detectives in his first interview), I believe Cindy could have said things to Casey that, upon looking back on it, Cindy believes would be too incriminating to admit.

Specifically, she could have told ICA that she was an unfit mother and was going to file for custody. If she were to admit that, I believe she'd fear that the jury could be led to find some sort of motive for ICA.

Welcome, Starshine, and your first post was, IMHO, excellent and dead-on! Thanks for sharing it and keep on sharing :)

:wagon::wagon:

I think GA and CA had to hear it for themselves. More than likely they assumed that JB encouraged ICA to blame her parents. So even though they were probably preparing themselves for this they needed really needed to hear this. As heartbreaking as it is.

The money? well CA was probably still trying to prove to poor little ICA that she loves her. Its the only thing that ICA understands: money and do something for ME.

Just for clarification, we really don't KNOW this....it is what we have heard from a third party....

In reality, court documents show that GEORGE filed for divorce....HE was the PLAINTIFF....and HE was the one seeking the divorce....

Which always made me suspicious of this third party information...if CINDY was the one controlling and making the money, why didn't SHE file for the divorce and why and where did George come up with retainer money to act quickly and actually FILE for divorce?

Hmmm.....:waitasec:

Well, IIRC, that is what Cindy's mother said. I know she's a third party, but I tend to believe her. George may have filed, but maybe Cindy wanted the divorce as much as he did, but decided to reconcile rather than allow him to go through with it for the reasons I explained.

I figure she put money in her account because that's her kid . I'm not being smart alec . In jail you aren't supplied with shampoo and soap are you? don't you have to buy it ? We already know she won't WORK to get money for that stuff .Maybe that's Cindy's last deposit

That crying fit sure gave us a good opportunity to see the difference between when ICA is REALLY crying (out of anger and frustration, yes, but there were some real tears and her face and eyes were red) versus the FAKE crying (dab tissue near eyes, examine tissue, dab again, poke eyes with finger, dab again, examine tissue) that you see when Caylee is discussed or shown.

I do think she expected Cindy to support her story. But this one apparently has gone too far.

Perhaps the three years without ICA living with them have helped CA and GA rediscover the world of reality.

Tink

I think it's very possible that without KC in their home, everyday life is very different for GA and CA.

I think GA and CA had to hear it for themselves. More than likely they assumed that JB encouraged ICA to blame her parents. So even though they were probably preparing themselves for this they needed really needed to hear this. As heartbreaking as it is.

The money? well CA was probably still trying to prove to poor little ICA that she loves her. Its the only thing that ICA understands: money and do something for ME.

BBM Well said! And a good description of how KC's mind works.

I truly believe that they didn't realize how far jb would push this....how vile he would make it---I also hope that they realize that some of the words are from their own daughter--she fed him--he delivered them (perhaps embellished??-) IDK...but there was something different about CA Saturday than before--this is the CA of day 31-32---not the koolaid ca----so perhaps she is over it to a point????

As for the money----I don't know what to say there---I get the "unconditional" love and whatever...but sometimes one needs to cut the ties.....& save yourself.....IYKWIM????

I think, up until Saturday, Casey thought her mom was in her corner. After the scourging George took from Baez last week, he looked very dejected and walked out of the courtroom. His lawyer, Lippman, saw him leave and followed him out. Cindy remained in her seat apparently writing on her notepad. I think Casey took this as her mother being on her side, frankly, I wondered the same. It was only after Casey saw Cindy embrace George after her Saturday testimony that she flipped out and realized maybe she's not with me after all.

It is amazing what can happen when the truth is known. I think that happened 8 weeks ago. I think although the grief is still raw, they are now in the acceptance phase of their grief. And the chaos of ICA being gone, without the ability of disrupting their lives day in and day out has to be giving them some sort of element of peace. I am sure they will always love their daughter. But it seems they are moving on somewhat. Mallory has mentioned they (her and Cindy) are getting closer. There is a wedding in the works, there is lots of positives in this very negative situation for GA and CA. And the negative part is locked away, allowing them to have some sort of normalcy that they haven't experienced in some time. Not to mention with the theft element being gone, they may have some sort of financial betterings, that they didn't have when Casey was draining them.

ITA, well said. CA and GA have had some time to heal, therefore JB may have hurt his chances by delaying, delaying, delaying.

On the Jeff Hopkins issue. Casey gave her "boyfriend" Jeff Hopkins a different middle name and claimed they were two separate people.

Didn't Casey tell Lee about the fight and CA "choking" her? That goes more to Casey's "excuse" and drama. I'm not sure it happened. I go back and forth, though. I think it was more than Cindy says but not anywhere near what Casey said happened. Just my opinion.

Oh yes for sure. Casey was beside herself and seething with anger, Cindy completely blew Casey right out of the water.

Yep, she's played this woman for so long, she just couldn't believe Cindy would side with her husband and son.

We possibly saw the first authentic emotion from ICA.

I feel that the team at her table are enabling her now is that ok to do?
Kinda makes me mad. Ica even in the court of law has enablers, something is not right about that. Do you think the defense is fed up too? I sure hope they are.

Sorry that I didn't notice your post sooner. I, too, feel that Casey's DT is further enabling her. DS telling Casey to "give Cindy a chance" likely gave her the impression that Cindy would eventually side with Casey and that all would be well again in Casey's world. Not gonna happen. Likewise, DS should not have told Casey "You're right. I was wrong." Nonsense. The mollycoddling needs to stop, and the DT should not let Casey control them. jmo

Sorry that I didn't notice your post sooner. I, too, feel that Casey's DT is further enabling her. DS telling Casey to "give Cindy a chance" likely gave her the impression that Cindy would eventually side with Casey and that all would be well again in Casey's world. Not gonna happen. Likewise, DS should not have told Casey "You're right. I was wrong." Nonsense. The mollycoddling needs to stop, and the DT should not let Casey control them. jmo

I think I would call what the DT is doing pacifying. I think they're just trying to keep her from blowing up in front of the jury. In other words, I think they're trying to win their case. I don't think they'll have anything to do with her after the trial, so that makes me feel better about all the Casey pacifying. But it's interesting how much more effort some DT members put in than others. I just find it interesting that DS has taken on the primary role, when Baez is the attorney that Casey hired, who has been with her the whole time. I guess maybe he's sick of it? AF certainly seemed to be over it during jury selection.

BBM. I don't think for one minute that the DT is being controlled by ICA. I think it's a survival tactic in the form of placation. It's all about trying to minimize ICA's reactions to what is going on in Court.

ICA might be very clever and adept at lying and manipulating but I doubt she could pull the wool over the attys sitting at her DT table. They all have had substantial education (with the exception for JB IIRC he did not attend the highest rated ABA accredited law school). But even JB knows just as much as everyone exactly who he has for a client. JB is in this for JB. But I doubt that even JB believes what he's trying to sell.

With this line of thought... and it's a great one, we can prolly summize that the stories of molestation by George or Lee were lies. IOW, she expected this "new lie" to work and her mother would follow along. If she claimed she told her mother before and Cindy didn't do anything about it, then she KNEW her mom would pick "his side" already, hence why the big breakdown - nothing new. However... if she tried to use this lie as a new nugget for her mom to feed from, she predicted (based on past behavior) that her mom would take her side.

Alas.... it was 1 lie tooooo many. Too big.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back