Casey wearing a Rosary around neck

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought it was disrespectful to wear them, but some Catholic websites say it is all right, if, as I said above, it is done with devotion and respect. It is only my opinion, but I think Casey is lacking in those qualities. In fact, I find her lacking in most qualities and actually having no quality (class) at all.

There are 2 reasons a sociopath in trouble would wear a religious symbol:

1. To be accepted socially (maybe by her mom or the crowds) showing in a phoney outward way that she's "trusting God to find Caylee."

2. Because she is actually on the verge of a breakdown and is turning to religion. If this is the case, it means that Casey may finally break and tell investigators the truth - it means she has hit rock bottom emotionally. Cross your fingers this is the reason.

Correct ! I did read when she turns to religion she may be getting close to telling all.

Instead of insulting the sacred purpose of the rosary, worn around her neck, someone needs to offer her a simple cross as an outward sign of her faith.

I wear my rosary wrapped several times around my wrist and then clutched in my hand sometimes when I fly. I'm not a good flyer! But never as a fashion statement. It's for security and so I have it close at hand for easy access. There are some young teen boys at my church (or from the area) that I see at our annual fair that wear them as necklaces but from what I understand, to wear them around the neck like that is frowned upon as disrespectful, if not sacrilegious. What interests me about casey wearing it is how it shows what a phony and overall self-centered person she is. She's not Catholic and usurps a symbol from the Church to make herself seem religious, but does it in a way that is offensive to many. Typical. In her quest to protray a certain image, this person does not care what it means or who it affects. She just does it. Actually, however, seeing her wear the missing Caylee t-shirt is more offensive to me as I feel it is quite evident that she maliciously killed her baby and knows where the little body is. Grotesque. (I think Iv'e been using that word alot on these threads lately!)

Hey are we sure that's a rosary? It doesn't look like it in her mug shot.
Pretty sure, JB. Look at the video freeze shot on Orlando Sentinel right now. I wish someone could do a copy of it and post here. You can clearly see the Cross bouncing out away from her chest as she walks with Baez. Watch the video.

It's one of the biggest Rosaries I have seen. Big, black beads. Usually, black Rosaries are for boys, but I guess that doesn't matter now.

I thought it was disrespectful to wear them, but some Catholic websites say it is all right, if, as I said above, it is done with devotion and respect. It is only my opinion, but I think Casey is lacking in those qualities. In fact, I find her lacking in most qualities and actually having no quality (class) at all.

Agreed !

There are 2 reasons a sociopath in trouble would wear a religious symbol:

1. To be accepted socially (maybe by her mom or the crowds) showing in a phoney outward way that she's "trusting God to find Caylee."

2. Because she is actually on the verge of a breakdown and is turning to religion. If this is the case, it means that Casey may finally break and tell investigators the truth - it means she has hit rock bottom emotionally. Cross your fingers this is the reason.

Well, as a retired psych, I can tell you that IMHO she will never break down. NEVER. But that's just my opinion. She is no where close to breaking down. Lying is a way she has survived for years. It's in her genes, IMHO.

I don't care how "in style" it may be, it's wrong. The rosary is to be prayed, not worn. It is not a fashion accessory. It's disrespectful. Have I said it's wrong?

Oh, well, it's Casey. She's already got that one big mortal sin on her soul, I'm sure she doesn't care about sins anymore. (but I'm so telling you, if Sister Mary Lou saw that, little miss KC would be in detention for a month! And that would be the easiest part of her punishment!)

I agree with you !

~ Ave Maria !~

Maybe Baez or the PR guy gave them to her.

Maybe she thinks the Rosary will keep people from hitting her.

Pretty sure, JB. Look at the video freeze shot on Orlando Sentinel right now. I wish someone could do a copy of it and post here. You can clearly see the Cross bouncing out away from her chest as she walks with Baez. Watch the video.

It's one of the biggest Rosaries I have seen. Big, black beads. Usually, black Rosaries are for boys, but I guess that doesn't matter now.
I will take your word for it. I had only seen it in the mug shot originally and had no idea it was a rosary until later in the other thread on this.

thanks Everly.

Correct ! I did read when she turns to religion she may be getting close to telling all.

Instead of insulting the sacred purpose of the rosary, worn around her neck, someone needs to offer her a simple cross as an outward sign of her faith.

I hope it is a sign that she's close to cracking but for some reason, I doubt it.

Knowing what it means as a catholic is why I take offense. It is somewhat of a mockery, violates its purpose as intended, sacrilegus.

What's next for a protesant to use a chalice as a Coca Cola glass, or eat the body of Christ 'cuz u needed a snack.

I am sorry but I take this catholic paraphanalia very seriously, as other devout catholics do also.

IF the rosary means nothing to Casey, she has NO business wearing it. A rosary is intended for sacred prayer purposes only.
I am also a devout Catholic. What I mean is if they do not mean anything to her, it doesn't matter to her if she wears them.
I would never wear them as an accessory because I am old school.

I am also a devout Catholic. What I mean is if they do not mean anything to her, it doesn't matter to her if she wears them.
I would never wear them as an accessory because I am old school.

Thanks for the explanation.
I do agree, and I am old school as well. Getting harder and harder to find a "place" in this world, being old school !

Girlfriend gonna need more than a rosary.......................

Haven't you ever noticed how many people "find" Jesus after they kill someone?? Susan Adkins (Manson Family), Carla Fay Tucker, and several others have found Jesus in prison...I never knew he was missing.

My niece wears a roseary all the time and she is not even Catholic. She wears it just as an accessory. Might be the same case here.

Forgive me for saying this, but that string of beads doesn't l:eye::eye:k like any rosary I've seen. It is made of huge chunky beads with no medallion and a cross that is not in scale with the beads. I think she and Cindy sit around the craft table and string beads like the necklace Cindy wore with the photo of Caylee as a pendant. It is homemade and probably not blessed and is more of an 'artistic' statement than a religious object. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber
Back