Casey's Defense cost taxpayers over $100,000

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that any monies this horrible woman, DT, and family make off of blood money;
can be taken by the courts and used for some purpose.
None of us could afford such DT luxuries.
What a waste, a HUGE waste.
I feel bad for the people of Florida and their hard earned money was wasted.
Please don't raise their taxes now because of this.
Everyone in that county will be penalized to support her appeals??????

xpx1l0.gif

Correct. As did Sims, Fryer (as I understand) and Finnell.

Slabaugh and Medina were employed by Baez's firm.

Some of them probably don't have anything to worry about, as they are most likely quite comfortably well off.

IMO - the DT got the drowing theory from WS in the thread where we talked about the drowning. I still say if it were an accident, why the heck sit in jail for 3 years and go thru an expensive trial? What would they have done had they not had a <mod snip> jury? Appeal because it was an accident and she sat in jail for 3 years and told the truth when first arrested? It was no accident, if so she would not have come up with such a story about zanny and she would not have wanted to sit in jail all this time. MOO. I just don't think the tax payers should have to pay for her DT since she chose them. The taxpayors pay for public defenders not private attorneys. I still plan to complain as soon as I can figure out where.

I'm with you, it was no accident JMO. Depends on the area and depends on the govt imo, some govts do pay for private attorneys for certain matters, not Casey's trial imo, but other things depending on where you are JME

Lizabeth Fryer works for Cheney Mason.

I know she shares office space but I am not sure if she is employed by him. Mason is about to retire. Seems an odd point to start taking on more staff.

http://www.news-press.com/article/2...d-different-way?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home

&#8220;An incredible amount of manpower was deployed and over 6,000 tips were received requiring extensive man hours,&#8221; Zambouros wrote.

---
It really disheartens me about the 6,000 tips, what an incredible waste of time and money most of them were. How can there be 6,000 attempts to pinpoint the whereabouts of a child who lay dead in a swamp a half mile away? I know people who work for the 911 system, and they say that the vast array of lunacy out there is mind boggling. I wish false tipsters could be sent a bill. Maybe they are, I don't know. Is there a published list of these 6,000 tips? I don't remember ever seeing it though I do remember Baez pushing to get them on CD.

I agree. Shouldn't each and everyone of those 6000 be charged with lying to LE?

http://www.news-press.com/article/2...d-different-way?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home

“An incredible amount of manpower was deployed and over 6,000 tips were received requiring extensive man hours,” Zambouros wrote.

---
It really disheartens me about the 6,000 tips, what an incredible waste of time and money most of them were. How can there be 6,000 attempts to pinpoint the whereabouts of a child who lay dead in a swamp a half mile away? I know people who work for the 911 system, and they say that the vast array of lunacy out there is mind boggling. I wish false tipsters could be sent a bill. Maybe they are, I don't know. Is there a published list of these 6,000 tips? I don't remember ever seeing it though I do remember Baez pushing to get them on CD.

Can the good people of Fla or County take on a class action suit against Anthony's?
for money spent that should not have been since they (she) lied and KNEW where
CAYLEE was DUMPED???

Can the good people of Fla or County take on a class action suit against Anthony's?
for money spent that should not have been since they (she) lied and KNEW where
CAYLEE was DUMPED???

What about Baez and Mason? Taking all that money to defend a 1st degree they knew was an accident?! Letting their client sit in jail when they knew she was just a stupid moron and/or just not very good mother who just didn't feel like calling 911 when her baby was an accidentally drowned or who just didn't see the point of trying to revive the child by seeking medical care? If they knew this was an accident and let it roll as if it weren't, surely that constitutes some kind of actionable malpractice or malfeasance? If not, it should!

She falsely reported a kidnapping, thus bringing in the FBI How much did that cost local, state and federal services?

They need to file a judgement on her and if she ever gets money (which she will eventually) they can get it then for sure. I just never thought if taxpayers were paying for an attorney - the person got to choose who they wanted for an attorney. Usualyl they are appointed if the person cannot afford one.

WTH did Baez need to investigate? The state did it all. He is a @#$#@. The State did all the work for both sides. All he did was bring in the loons.

They need to file a judgement on her and if she ever gets money (which she will eventually) they can get it then for sure. I just never thought if taxpayers were paying for an attorney - the person got to choose who they wanted for an attorney. Usualyl they are appointed if the person cannot afford one.

It's a game these fake "pro bono" defense attorneys pull. They sit on the case long enough and get money from profits like PICs, etc. Then when that well runs dry, they file the defendent indigent. They then make a case that it is way too late and complicated for ANY public defender to do this. They tell the court the defendent would not get a fair trial by bringing in another lawyer to take over. The Court always agrees and pays through the nose. Trust me, Baez sucked the state of Florida dry. All the vouchers are paid to him and he distributes the money. It is a big farce. Things are never what they seem when it comes to anything that involves an attorney. Look at Lippman. He has pulled one over on the public big time.

What about Baez and Mason? Taking all that money to defend a 1st degree they knew was an accident?! Letting their client sit in jail when they knew she was just a stupid moron and/or just not very good mother who just didn't feel like calling 911 when her baby was an accidentally drowned or who just didn't see the point of trying to revive the child by seeking medical care? If they knew this was an accident and let it roll as if it weren't, surely that constitutes some kind of actionable malpractice or malfeasance? If not, it should!

They not only knew but perpetuated the fake "missing child". They had the LE run crazy and in circles, all the while laughing in their overly custom desigined offices...sitting in their big leather chairs. Scoundrels they are!!!

so from orlando sentinel she owes them $97k...has 90 days to pay it...if not, turned over to a collection agency? and suspend her license??? why not a failure to pay and haul her butt BACK to jail? or is payment on a judgement( to cover state costs,ie, the $97k) is different from (failure to pay on fines, for like dui, or failing to pay a speeding ticket?)

Collection Agency? Why? That means the State will lose 90%. They will sell it for less than $10,000. I see another fruitless attempt at getting the felon to pay anything. What does she care if it goes to collection? She doesn't need to drive. she probably has somebody willing to do that for her. Collections means nothing. Why didn't they put a lien on her? Why send it to collections in 90 days? This should have been handled as a lien on her not a collection of funds. I am disgusted at this ruling.

I thought the Court would do better. Who came up with this dandy of a plan? I think I should have reached my limit by now of what I can actually take in before my body shuts down. I'm getting close folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy