Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears to me to be a diary that casey started in '03, and that she decorated the flyleaf, and wrote the year ('03) on it. Then she made a few entries in it, and set it aside (in 2003).

When her New Life started, being so very full of herself, she took that old diary, tore out her previous entries and started afresh. I don't doubt at all that she made the entry on June 21,2008, and she was sooooooo happy that she had gotten rid of Caylee, and could now pursue her own happiness, footloose and fancy-free.

I also think that the writing in the diary favorably compares to casey's handwritten statement.

I hope she made further entries, but I think that the first entry is damning enough.

I don't believe that casey is going to get away with murder. The diary entry makes it sound totally PREMEDITATED.

She is despicable.

Could be.

That brings up another question. Since the entry is so effusive about her newfound happiness and great new friends, if she did write it while staying at Tony's, did she expect he'd read it? Did she intend for him to see it?
Hopefully, he saw her writing in it!

I think the posters that stated that there are pages torn out and that she probably wrote the '03 when she first started the journal are correct. I definitely think Casey is cold enough to write this about 5 days after she killed Caylee. DEATH PENALTY!!!

I did some checking on the dates with a 10,000 year calendar.

Father's Day in 2003 was June 15th & June 21 is a Saturday.

Same for 2008 - FD on the 15th & 21st is a Saturday.

Another one of those weird coincidences in this case.

It makes no sense that she would mis-date the entry to conceal when it was written.....if she wanted to conceal something why write it at all? I also disagree that it seems too sophisticated or old for a 17 year old to write....I thought it sounded just like notes that my 15 year olds girl friends would write to each other. It actually sounds like it was written after she decided to not finish her last course for her diploma during the summer. As long as that '03 is there in the same ink as the rest of the page.....it would convince a jury that more than likely it was written on that date....in fact, if I saw that as a juror and they tried to convince me it was newly written.....I would think they were grasping at straws and doubt their other "evidence". It's going to take a whole lot more than that page to prove anything, and if that proof was there....then why didn't they photograph it?

Unfortunately, I tend to agree with you. LE routinely confiscates things like diaries in such a case. An investigator probably thought the entry looked interesting, so it was photographed. That does not mean it is usable evidence at this point. It is noteworthy to me that the media steadfastly releases the photo with the 03' hidden. That's for a reason. I hope I'm wrong but this just may be a case of hopeful thinking by us and a media wanting to stir things up.

Oh God....before I say anything else...I want to send a prayer out to the Anthony's today. If they don't already know about it, this recent info has got to be very very disturbing for them. So, my prayers are with them.

I have tried to remain objective in this case. Despite all the info released, I still had hope that Casey was innocent. Logically, the evidence was strong...but emotionally, I just wasn't ready to accept that she had done something horrible to her child. I didn't want to be too quick to judge. I wanted more evidence...and now that I've got it...my heart hurts...deeply, very deeply hurts. I was holding onto that 1% chance she was innocent...and after reading some of the new info, and seeing the crime scene photos...that 1% chance is gone....my hope is gone. I feel a hole in my heart, an emptiness in my stomach...I can't even imagine how the Anthony's feel.
Sorry for being so mushy and emotional....I had to get it out and I can't start sobbing at my desk. :(

Those are my feelings as well. I cannot imagine having to deal with something this horrendous. Reading the crime scene about did me in.

It appears to me to be a diary that casey started in '03, and that she decorated the flyleaf, and wrote the year ('03) on it. Then she made a few entries in it, and set it aside (in 2003).

When her New Life started, being so very full of herself, she took that old diary, tore out her previous entries and started afresh. I don't doubt at all that she made the entry on June 21,2008, and she was sooooooo happy that she had gotten rid of Caylee, and could now pursue her own happiness, footloose and fancy-free.

I also think that the writing in the diary favorably compares to casey's handwritten statement.

I hope she made further entries, but I think that the first entry is damning enough.

I don't believe that casey is going to get away with murder. The diary entry makes it sound totally PREMEDITATED.

She is despicable.

Im with you.. i think she got the journal back in 03 and started writing in it again..i have 4-5 ... all have odd dates... and bad handwriting as i seem to like to write with a beer buzz...lol

the pics of the shoes got to me bad for some reason... I lay on my bed all the time watching my 5 yr old.. :blowkiss: shes so funny and cute.. and we have it hard as she is Down syndrome and i got laid off..

but HELL if id ever ever ever hurt my punkin... I Just keep my head up and keep on truckin. I dont even mind the constant mess...lol.. much,..
I cant fathom anyone killing their own child.. its sickening. :furious:

If the entry was written in 2003, I'm wondering if Casey was pregnant at 17 and could have decided to have an abortion at that time, and that is why the police find it relevant to Caylee's case.

I can't see any other reason.

They can date the ink used in the entry to determine the approximate date it was written. I am sure that this is being done, or has been done to verify that these entries were made in 08.

If the entry was written in 2003, I'm wondering if Casey was pregnant at 17 and could have decided to have an abortion at that time, and that is why the police find it relevant to Caylee's case.

Maybe adoption but June would have been too late to abort a baby due in August.

the cops aren't fools, there is a major significance to this

Subsequent pages of diary entries may match up to activities from June 2008. This is probably just the most damning page of the diary.

But we dont' know how far along she would have been if she were to have gotten pregnant in 2003....

I see what you mean ... I was thinking when she was pregnant with Caylee ... but that wouldn't have been in '03. Sorry!

Makes me think she was trying to conceal her pregnancy the whole time and was planning on disposing of the fetus and nobody would have ever been the wiser!

Caylee was born in '05, Casey wouldn't have been pregnant with her in '03.

I am heartsick. When I read the crime scene reports and how they list Caylee's bones I just simply started to weep. Now I read this diary entry from this creature who duct tapes her child's mouth shut and says "the end justifies the means" and all I can think about is the DP. Are you reading this, Ms. Drane Burdick?

I still don't get it. Why would a pregnancy test from 2003 be relevant to this case?

Also, the red ink looks darker on the June 21 page, the CARPE-DIEM looks like a faded red.

I noticed that as well

Upon close inspection I do see that pages could have been torn out.
If the diary was started in 2003, she stopped writing entries in it and then started up again. Someone tore out the pages ahead of that entry, either Casey, LE or someone else.

LE must know/prove that this entry was written June 21, 2008 and not earlier.
I can't see it submitted into evidence by the State if they could not prove the actual date of that entry, it would be to easy for the defense to dismiss it...any thoughts?

She wasn't home on June 21st of '08.

*snipped by me

I noticed that as well

Upon close inspection I do see that pages could have been torn out.
If the diary was started in 2003, she stopped writing entries in it and then started up again. Someone tore out the pages ahead of that entry, either Casey, LE or someone else.

LE must know/prove that this entry was written June 21, 2008 and not earlier.
I can't see it submitted into evidence by the State if they could not prove the actual date of that entry, it would be to easy for the defense to dismiss it...any thoughts?

She was at Tony's on the date of the entry. I think Tony saw her writing in it. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly