Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay - this is where being an editor who sees a zillion books is helpful.

That cat on the journal page is done by Peter Pauper Press.

(edited to add) Okay - the cat is very similar to the style of the cats at Peter Pauper.

Bumping this for Gypsy.

I agree with Absolut_Alexis. That cat watermark seems to more closely resemble the Peter Pauper line. Check out the 'Catitude' calendar and see what you think:

http://www.peterpauper.com/product_info.php?products_id=2926

This is my very first post so please bear with me.

I believe the diary can be seen in picture #11 at http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/18740442/detail.html It is the one that shows all of the stuff on KC's bed. If you look closely at the left hand corner of the pic you see her gray hoodie on top of green binder and a plastic storage box. Inside the box you can see a red and blue book. In picture number 12 you see the diary out and opened for them to take the picture and above the book "Bringin down the house" So I don't think it was found in a drawer.

Alice

I believe the diary can be seen in picture #11 at http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/18740442/detail.html It is the one that shows all of the stuff on KC's bed. If you look closely at the left hand corner of the pic you see her gray hoodie on top of green binder and a plastic storage box. Inside the box you can see a red and blue book. In picture number 12 you see the diary out and opened for them to take the picture and above the book "Bringin down the house" So I don't think it was found in a drawer.

Alice

Great first post!

In picture 11, it also looks as if the journal might be shoved into the green binder? Look at the bottom edge of the binder. There is a strip showing that appears to have the same colour combination as the journal cover.

Personally, I can't really see inside the box, but that's just me.

She wasn't home on June 21st of '08.

Unless she carted the diary around with her and Lee brought it back from Tony's apt with her other things, how would it have gotten back to the house?
Good point but I think that she was definitely going back and forth to the house to get things, use the computer, eat, whatever. She came to steal the gas cans and when AL picked her up at Amscot, she had a bag full of groceries from her Mom's house, according to him. She had a key. I do wonder if there is any possibility that she has a split personality so she is both Casey and Zanny. She said Zanny had a key to the house. Just thinking out loud.

Alice
Welcome.

I see what you are describing. Looks right to me.

Though it looks like somebody got all that stuff out from where it was in closets or draws or wherever, and piled it on the bed, so perhaps the diary and the storage box could have been in a draw?

Great first post!

In picture 11, it also looks as if the journal might be shoved into the green binder? Look at the bottom edge of the binder. There is a strip showing that appears to have the same colour combination as the journal cover.

Personally, I can't really see inside the box, but that's just me.

Thanks. The strip you are seeing is inside the box...it is clear on the bottom. The green binder doesn't appear to have anything in it so the next then seen is the edge of the book visible through the side of the box.

Good point but I think that she was definitely going back and forth to the house to get things, use the computer, eat, whatever. She came to steal the gas cans and when AL picked her up at Amscot, she had a bag full of groceries from her Mom's house, according to him. She had a key. I do wonder if there is any possibility that she has a split personality so she is both Casey and Zanny. She said Zanny had a key to the house. Just thinking out loud.
I am picking she had "Art" stuff and stationary with her at AL's. All her stuff from AL's eventually got brought back to the A's.

Welcome.

Though it looks like somebody got all that stuff out from where it was in closets or draws or wherever, and piled it on the bed, so perhaps the diary and the storage box could have been in a draw?

That's what it looks like to me, too. Stuff all piled up together after being located from closets, drawers, or other storage areas. Cindy would never allow KC's room to look like that for a period of time. She's too much of a neat-nick. JMO

Welcome.

You could be right. But I think they would want to photograph everything together that they found in the same area. And there is too much on the bed to fit in a drawer at least the ones shown in pic 5 or the end table. So it might have been taken out of a closet, but I find it odd there was no closet shot showing all the stuff in the closet first. (Although there may have been, but we haven't seen it yet.) If I had to guess. This stuff was already on the bed. Didn't I read that KC slept on the floor in George and Cindy's room when she got out jail.

You could be right. But I think they would want to photograph everything together that they found in the same area. And there is too much on the bed to fit in a drawer at least the ones shown in pic 5 or the end table. So it might have been taken out of a closet, but I find it odd there was no closet shot showing all the stuff in the closet first. (Although there may have been, but we haven't seen it yet.) If I had to guess. This stuff was already on the bed. Didn't I read that KC slept on the floor in George and Cindy's room when she got out jail.

Yes, but I think the walk-thru interview with the lady reporter, Onofrio, occured after Casey had been bonded out and then re-arrested (not sure which bonding out). The room was neat as pin then.

Sorry, I see it written by the same person, same letters, similar up/down lack of slant...

I am three pages behind here so I dont know yet if anyone has mentioned this - but slant indicates feeling. a journal entry like that would be fully expected to slant at least a bit to the right whereas someone scared at a police station might be more likely to show less slant, ie trying to show less feeling, the slant in each sample is quite normal for what they are.

(off topic, google for darlie routier's original written report, you can see her hysteria all over her writing, that writing makes me wonder even now if she was innocent..)

Still, comparing the police report to the journal, even though one is cursive and one printing, is dissimilar enough to cause me a little concern. it does look possible the journal is not KC's...and the fact that the police report writing looks MUCH more like a teenage girl's than the journal does....seems odd the journal would be from 03 rather than the police report writing. then again, writing for one's self vs writing something meant to be seen can cause wild variations - and the important personal pronoun I and the liar's o's in both samples are the same - yet the g's, y's, and z's are not.

still were the writings reversed I would have an easier time believing the journal was indeed from 03. the I character on the left page differs from the personal pronoun I (hereafter I call it PPI on websleuths, too much typing otherwise) found on the journal page on the right - would need much more sample to be sure but it could be the writing on the left is completely unrelated to the one on the right....indicating they werent written anywhere near together. however this still isnt enough - she may always use the different Is depending on whether the capital I is intended to be a PPI.

again, not an expert - just many years of active interest and hobby.

I would be interested in finding out if perhaps she had an abortion in '03 or broke up with some long term boyfriend? I don't see her taking the time to write in a journal in '08, she was to busy at target, blockbusters, Fushion and with Tony. I think this might really be from '03. Sorry about so many I's.

Alice

Welcome, Alice!

There is at least one picture in that same group showing the bed with nothing but sheets and bedspread on it with pillows, etc. piled here and there. It appears to me that LE used the bed as a "piling grounds" for things being looked through/collected/photographed. (I don't see CA letting a bed in her house sit around just piled up with all that junk anyway!wink wink) So the fact that the journal is on the bed in those pix doesn't necessarily mean it was not found in a drawer somewhere, to my way of thinkin'.

By the way...all you eagle-eyed sleuthers:

I don't suppose you see my glasses anywhere, do ya?!

An observation I made and am not sure if someone caught this but, the way the year is written is odd, like '03, I know when I was 18 or whatever I always and still do write 2003 etc. That just seems as an older person wrote that in there.
Do we know when the journal was manufactured?

From Casey's written Diary - "Everyday is a brand new beginning."

From Casey's Diary of Days: "Tomorrow is a brand new day."

Thanks JWG for posting the cover. Fox's Holly Bristow (sp?) also says in the video report that the diary was found by LE in the bedside table of KC's room.

bumping for Poirot. Maybe this will help?

Thanks JWG for posting the cover. Fox's Holly Bristow (sp?) also says in the video report that the diary was found by LE in the bedside table of KC's room.

And that swings me pretty firmly back to believing this is indeed from 2003. Not happy about it, because this would be great to help nail that (expletive), but oh, well.
Lanie

And that swings me pretty firmly back to believing this is indeed from 2003. Not happy about it, because this would be great to help nail that (expletive), but oh, well.
Lanie

How so, Lanie? For me, that it was next to bed would indicate more recent use. That's prime real estate and not used lightly or for storing archives around here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDeWalt