Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, she's not.

But, she took REAL person's phone number's and added her make-believe person's name to them in her phone book!

Obviously, not expecting anyone would bother checking out these people with their own phone calls!

I remember Lee calling a neighbor asking for a Juliette, or some other such name and the neighbor saying....Lee??? This is so & so why are you calling? And it happened more than once!

Not smart BUT cunning in that she would lie and expect no one to check and thereby not catch her at it!

ETA--I could see her writing '03 to throw off a person who might 'catch on' and get the significance of this passage should it be found & read!

Bolded by Ames: I thought the same thing, I could also see her doing that.

I would love to see the previous pages in that diary just to compare the handwriting.
I wanted to put these together just to see if the diary entry is consistent with Casey's current handwriting. Waht do y'all think?

18740385_640X480.jpg

picture.php

picture.php

im taking these things into consideration when comparing the handwriting:
her report seems to have been written in haste, maybe a little nervous? her diary was written (im assuming) when she had more time, she wasn't rushed, she was alone....
she had more space in her diary, the police report seems to have little space between lines>?
what was her mental state at the times of the writing?
looks to me like the same...but im no expert :)

not to mention in the journal she is truthful, while in police report she is lying...

(bold mine) Above quite simply an infactual statement. There IS evidence, and to the contrary. Evidence exists--no matter how minimized, distorted, or even cropped out and denied altogether, which plainly indicates diary is from two years before Caylee had even been born. Now, if w forensic analysis this evidence should be proven by someone w document expertise to be falsified, that is another matter. But the evidence which currently exists indicates nothing of the kind. No mention of having ever been a mother nor Caylee even yet existing.

:parrot:

Things aren't always as they appear. Thus the discussion continues.

We can all argue this til the cows come home, but none of us know for sure when it was written and exactly why LE took a photo of it. Some posts are getting alittle mean and rude. As always, we just have to sit and wait and see what becomes of this. I just want to pull my hair out with all this bickering going on. :bang:

Because I write in my journal on a very sporadic basis, this morning out of curiosity I dug out some of my old journals from college. Guess what? In one of the journals, I had dates all over the place - the journal spanned over a 2 year time period. I'm just saying...there is no way to be exactly sure when KC made that June 21 entry - whether it was 2003 or 2008. No one can be for sure except KC and maybe - only maybe, LE.

We can all argue this til the cows come home, but none of us know for sure when it was written and exactly why LE took a photo of it. Some posts are getting alittle mean and rude. As always, we just have to sit and wait and see what becomes of this. I just want to pull my hair out with all this bickering going on. :bang:

My thoughts exactly, Rice!

Notice that there is no specific date on that left-facing page, just a year abbreviation. The right page has a specific day and month, but no year. I am beginning to think, looking at that left page, that the '03 has nothing to do with the current year.

I believe the "03" is recent. My speculation is that KC was flipping through high-school yearbooks reminiscing about her life before Caylee and how she was now back to that life, and ran across the phrases "Everyday is a brand new beginning" and "Carpe Diem - Sieze the day" in her 2003 yearbook. :eek:

These would likely have come from one of two sources:

• 2003 senior class motto
  • Something a friend wrote in her yearbook when signing it (I think now this is more likely)
KC sees this, squeals to herself "this is exactly how I feel", and writes it into her journal with a little '03 notation in the top corner so that she remembers which yearbook that came from.

Then, she goes to the right page and spills her feelings about how things have gone full-circle for her.

I'm jumping ahead here so I haven't read every post on this thread.
The thing that interests me is the water mark of a cat on the page. That could age the diary. If that water mark was released after 03, that would be pretty conclusive, wouldn't it?

Notice that there is no specific date on that left-facing page, just a year abbreviation. The right page has a specific day and month, but no year. I am beginning to think, looking at that left page, that the '03 has nothing to do with the current year.

I believe the "03" is recent. My speculation is that KC was flipping through high-school yearbooks reminiscing about her life before Caylee and how she was now back to that life, and ran across the phrases "Everyday is a brand new beginning" and "Carpe Diem - Sieze the day" in her 2003 yearbook. :eek:

• Something a friend wrote in her yearbook when signing it (I think now this is more likely)
KC sees this, squeals to herself "this is exactly how I feel", and writes it into her journal with a little '03 notation in the top corner so that she remembers which yearbook that came from.

Then, she goes to the right page and spills her feelings about how things have gone full-circle for her.

Another good theory !

I'm just on page 7 of this thread so it may have already been stated.

I finally got the chance to sit down and watch the NG show where she played the unedited recorded jail house tapes of KC with her parents and it suddenly seemed very clear to me that Cindy doesn't buy anything KC says. She's lived with that girl for 22 years. She KNOWS her. As mother, does she sometimes WANT to believe her and tries to give her the benefit of the doubt? Sure. I think most moms do this at some point. Some more than others obviously. But when I watched Cindy whether she was on the phone with KC or when she passed the phone to George, she has that look on her face that tells me KC is lucky it's a recorded conversation in a jail. I think they know she's guilty and once the remains were found, that's why they haven't been to see their daughter. I don't think they want to see her.

I think Cindy's original actions were out of panic - including washing the items in Casey's car. But I think at this point, she's past that and rage has set in. So I can't get behind the idea that Cindy would know about this diary and not turn it in. At least not this particular entry.

The first search removed a lot of property from the home, including a box of newspaper clippings and a bunch of photos, but no books.

The second search removed far less property but included sticker sheets, a scrapbook page, some notes, but no books.

If they take it they have to list it on the property sheet. I think they photographed the scrap book because it was not part of the warrant, and they wanted evidence that it existed in case they execute a future warrant.
Hi. I looked through them too. I did see a reference to 2 "handwritten notes" taken from a dresser (I think Caylee's). Other than that, I don't see any other listings that would include the pages. Is it possible LE described the pages as "handwritten notes"? Or perhaps additional property reports will come in the next document dump? I guess we'll see. Thanks for the good sleuthing.

BTW-I'm perplexed as to why someone on here....I forget the name, sorry.....is angrily denouncing folks for ignoring the "irrefutable fact" and airtight "evidence" that the diary entry was written in 2003. The only "fact" or "evidence" to the entry being written in 2003 is a notation on a page that says "03". And it was written by someone who has lied about even the most irrelevant and tangential things having to do with this case. It's baffling to me that anyone would classify as "irrefutable fact" something jotted down by Casey Anthony and denounce folks for questioning the item. I mean, just look at her fake telephone book with the fake numbers. Truly, I don't understand why anyone would get angry with us for discussing the date of the journal entry. *sigh* Neither Casey nor her defense counsel have even said "Oh that was written before Caylee was born" (Not that they have to...just saying). What is the irrefutable fact? A notation of "03" written by Casey? Good heavens!

The diary was found by LE at the A's home? In KC's room?

Does anyone know the date the diary was collected? I think if it was found close to the time of KC's arrest, (first search warrant) - the it may be a very old entry. Just doesn't seem to me that around 7-16; KC had much time to unpack her things from her month long MIA status.

Now, if the diary was found in her current purse or backpack or from TL's apt. I would say.....best to plea out KC!!

Also, I don't for one minute believe that Casey wrote the 03 on there recently as a means to throw off LE. That means she would have had to consider the idea of them finding out Caylee was dead, pinning it on her, searching her house and then finding it and reading it. If for one minute she thought any of the above would happen, why in the world would she keep the diary at all? I think she would have tossed it.

I'm just on page 7 of this thread so it may have already been stated.

I finally got the chance to sit down and watch the NG show where she played the unedited recorded jail house tapes of KC with her parents and it suddenly seemed very clear to me that Cindy doesn't buy anything KC says. She's lived with that girl for 22 years. She KNOWS her. As mother, does she sometimes WANT to believe her and tries to give her the benefit of the doubt? Sure. I think most moms do this at some point. Some more than others obviously. But when I watched Cindy whether she was on the phone with KC or when she passed the phone to George, she has that look on her face that tells me KC is lucky it's a recorded conversation in a jail. I think they know she's guilty and once the remains were found, that's why they haven't been to see their daughter. I don't think they want to see her.

I think Cindy's original actions were out of panic - including washing the items in Casey's car. But I think at this point, she's past that and rage has set in. So I can't get behind the idea that Cindy would know about this diary and not turn it in. At least not this particular entry.

I watched part of that show as well and I agree that Cindy doesn't believe the lies spewing out of Casey's mouth. Cindy just looks disgusted and extremely angry with Casey.

June 21

--I have no regrets, just a bit worried. I just want for every-thing to work out okay. I completely trust my own judgement & know that I made the right decision. I just hope that the end justifies the means. I just want to know what the future will hold for me. I guess I will soon see.
--This is the happiest that I have been in a very long time. I hope that my happiness will continue to grow.
--I've made new friends that I really like. I've surrounded myself with good people.
--I am finally happy, let's just hope that it doesn't change.

Reading this all I see is Casey dancing in the clubs & on the strip pole. Yep Casey how do you like your new friends in the jail???? JMO

I think that is a VERY good theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member