Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I looked through them too. I did see a reference to 2 "handwritten notes" taken from a dresser (I think Caylee's). Other than that, I don't see any other listings that would include the pages. Is it possible LE described the pages as "handwritten notes"? Or perhaps additional property reports will come in the next document dump? I guess we'll see. Thanks for the good sleuthing.

BTW-I'm perplexed as to why someone on here....I forget the name, sorry.....is angrily denouncing folks for ignoring the "irrefutable fact" and airtight "evidence" that the diary entry was written in 2003. The only "fact" or "evidence" to the entry being written in 2003 is a notation on a page that says "03". And it was written by someone who has lied about even the most irrelevant and tangential things having to do with this case. It's baffling to me that anyone would classify as "irrefutable fact" something jotted down by Casey Anthony and denounce folks for questioning the item. I mean, just look at her fake telephone book with the fake numbers. Truly, I don't understand why anyone would get angry with us for discussing the date of the journal entry. *sigh* Neither Casey nor her defense counsel have even said "Oh that was written before Caylee was born" (Not that they have to...just saying). What is the irrefutable fact? A notation of "03" written by Casey? Good heavens!

I am one of the ones who is unsure of the date it's written, but I think much of this "getting angry" is that so many of us are beyond frustrated and just wish something in this case would be straightforward. We're just all trying to figure it out. Is it frustrating that even her diary entries may have a "lied", "mistruth", or "fake" date- yes, of course we know it's KC, and that would be consistent with her other lies. But do I wish it said '08- yep, I do!:)

New evidence linked to Anthony home

Feb. 19: New evidence appears to link items found with Caylee Anthony's body to things inside the Anthony home. Jeanine Pirro, host of the "Judge Jeanine Pirro" show, and former FBI profiler Clint Van Zandt discuss the findings.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/29277073#29277073

I enjoyed watching this. Not because I found it particularly interesting, but because I enjoyed hearing her shackles cling when KC was walking out of court.

The diary was found by LE at the A's home? In KC's room?

Does anyone know the date the diary was collected? I think if it was found close to the time of KC's arrest, (first search warrant) - the it may be a very old entry. Just doesn't seem to me that around 7-16; KC had much time to unpack her things from her month long MIA status.

Now, if the diary was found in her current purse or backpack or from TL's apt. I would say.....best to plea out KC!!

It was found inside the bedside table in her room.

We can all argue this til the cows come home, but none of us know for sure when it was written and exactly why LE took a photo of it. Some posts are getting alittle mean and rude. As always, we just have to sit and wait and see what becomes of this. I just want to pull my hair out with all this bickering going on. :bang:

Thank you. I said this many pages ago. Healthy dialogue is always a good thing but several pages worth of arguing is not going to solve anything. I have many a day stepped back from posting because it gets so one-sided, mean and I don't need to be questioned or attacked by anyone because my opinion differs from theirs.

Notice that there is no specific date on that left-facing page, just a year abbreviation. The right page has a specific day and month, but no year. I am beginning to think, looking at that left page, that the '03 has nothing to do with the current year.

I believe the "03" is recent. My speculation is that KC was flipping through high-school yearbooks reminiscing about her life before Caylee and how she was now back to that life, and ran across the phrases "Everyday is a brand new beginning" and "Carpe Diem - Sieze the day" in her 2003 yearbook. :eek:

These would likely have come from one of two sources:

• 2003 senior class motto
  • Something a friend wrote in her yearbook when signing it (I think now this is more likely)
KC sees this, squeals to herself "this is exactly how I feel", and writes it into her journal with a little '03 notation in the top corner so that she remembers which yearbook that came from.

Then, she goes to the right page and spills her feelings about how things have gone full-circle for her.

Another good theory I can believe. I thought late last evening that the 03 could refer to Caylee's third year from birth. Although KC seems to have kept separate diaries, she could be in a diary she kept writing in dating from Caylee's birth. In 08, it would have been Caylee's 3rd birthday.

I know I write in the upper left corner of kids b-day cards the age number they are, not referencing the year it is. Does this make sense? :) Just my opinion and only mine.

As to the diaries themselves. Even if CA found and read them, she knew she couldn't confront KC with anything written in them for fear of KC bolting out from under her and taking Caylee. Unfortunately the worse scenario did happen.

18740385_640X480.jpg

picture.php

signatures1.jpg

Notice that there is no specific date on that left-facing page, just a year abbreviation. The right page has a specific day and month, but no year. I am beginning to think, looking at that left page, that the '03 has nothing to do with the current year.

I believe the "03" is recent. My speculation is that KC was flipping through high-school yearbooks reminiscing about her life before Caylee and how she was now back to that life, and ran across the phrases "Everyday is a brand new beginning" and "Carpe Diem - Sieze the day" in her 2003 yearbook. :eek:

• Something a friend wrote in her yearbook when signing it (I think now this is more likely)
KC sees this, squeals to herself "this is exactly how I feel", and writes it into her journal with a little '03 notation in the top corner so that she remembers which yearbook that came from.

Then, she goes to the right page and spills her feelings about how things have gone full-circle for her.

I think you are absolutely rignt! for years after graduation (although KC didn't graduate) I associated with my graduation year...She probably did the same and maybe even more so b/c she missed out on graduating
actually, I use my HS graduation dates in some of emails or passwords :-)

I like your theory. It is either that or she is magically erasing the years between Caylee's conception and birth and starting fresh in her own mind back to 03' when things were less complicated. I wouldn't put it passed her given that what is written on the diary page is beyond mentally ill, if it is in fact from 2008.

Now, we just need to flip the page of that diary and see if there are references to these "new friends" and they have names like Tony Lazzaro and places like Fusion.

The diary was found by LE at the A's home? In KC's room?

Does anyone know the date the diary was collected? I think if it was found close to the time of KC's arrest, (first search warrant) - the it may be a very old entry. Just doesn't seem to me that around 7-16; KC had much time to unpack her things from her month long MIA status.

Now, if the diary was found in her current purse or backpack or from TL's apt. I would say.....best to plea out KC!!

IIRC, it was collected the day Caylee was found or a week after.

Casey Anthony: Jose Baez tells "Today" that diary entry is from 2003

"Today" returned to the issue Thursday morning -- and the segment seemed like a preview of arguments that are likely in a trial.

Defense attorney Jose Baez told the NBC program that the diary entry was from 2003. "This is before Caylee was even born," he said. Baez is representing Casey Anthony, who is charged with daughter Caylee's murder.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/02/casey-anthony-case--4.html

Today Show Video

I am one of the ones who is unsure of the date it's written, but I think much of this "getting angry" is that so many of us are beyond frustrated and just wish something in this case would be straightforward. We're just all trying to figure it out. Is it frustrating that even her diary entries may have a "lied", "mistruth", or "fake" date- yes, of course we know it's KC, and that would be consistent with her other lies. But do I wish it said '08- yep, I do!:)
Hi. I'm not sure of the date either. In my mind, it could very well be 2003, 2004, who knows. My post doesn't knock anyone who isn't sure of the date (I'm also not sure). I'm just questioning why anyone thinks a mere notation of `03 by Casey Anthony means the issue is closed and why can't we all just accept the "obvious fact" of the journal being written in 2003. As for frustration, surely we are frustrated by all things in this case. It wasn't fun reading the exact bones of Caylee's that were found, either. :eek:

Casey Anthony: Jose Baez tells "Today" that diary entry is from 2003

"Today" returned to the issue Thursday morning -- and the segment seemed like a preview of arguments that are likely in a trial.

Defense attorney Jose Baez told the NBC program that the diary entry was from 2003. "This is before Caylee was even born," he said. Baez is representing Casey Anthony, who is charged with daughter Caylee's murder.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/02/casey-anthony-case--4.html

Today Show Video

If Casey told this to JB then it must be the truth! :rolleyes:

I think you are absolutely rignt! for years after graduation (although KC didn't graduate) I associated with my graduation year...She probably did the same and maybe even more so b/c she missed out on graduating
actually, I use my HS graduation dates in some of emails or passwords :-)

She graduated in 04...

http://www.colonialhigh.ocps.net/alumni/2004.htm

She's listed in the "A" section.

But definitely Caylee's death was a big moment in her life -- besides being free to do as she pleased from thereon, she must have felt incredible relief at no longer having to deal with more immediate troubles - driving around with a decaying body in her car. It's horrible to think about but at a certain point, whatever sentiment she may have had for her child at some point in her life, at the end this baby was a stinking corpse that was getting in the way. Clearly, Casey fumbled all over the place in figuring out what to do with poor Caylee. In the end, the relief must have been great. No doubt she wanted to document the relief she felt and keep a journal of things after this watershed moment.

This reminded me of the comment one of her friends made to LE that Casey had to have help in doing this because she's "not that smart". It is obvious to me that getting rid of Caylee was planned for a while, but it's also very clear that she only planned up until she was out of the way. She didn't put as much effort into how things would go after the fact and that has of course been her downfall. I don't think KC's actual intelligence is any more or less than anyone else but I also don't believe that intelligent people do such things. There is a fine yet clear line between intelligent and evil and KC doesn't straddle it.

On the upper left of the hard back it says 03. I hope I am not seeing that right.

Seems to me she wrote it in 2003. Even though it seems to fit exactly how must of us believed she felt in June of 2008. I just can't get past that "03".

You know what I noticed? She wrote in red ink. She also wrote in red ink the name and number of someone on the back of a page of heart shaped stickers. How often do you use a red pen? I never do, it's rare.

Here it is. Pic #52 from this batch: http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/18740442/detail.html

It goes with her red hearts, red balloons, etc. Perhaps it's something she does either knowingly or not since the color red is so interchangeable with love and hate/rage/revenge.

This diary was found in the house. Casey was not living in the house at the time. She was living with Tony. She may have come back to the house (and I do think that's where Caylee was killed), but certainly not to write in her diary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDeWalt