Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a video link somehwere where LE said that they asked KC when she wrote that in her diary and she told them it was 2008. It was discussed on here. Anyone else remember that?

I remember it being mentioned that she had admitted it and also read that one of the media outlets was reporting that LE confirmed it was '08. But haven't seen either myself.

There was a video link somehwere where LE said that they asked KC when she wrote that in her diary and she told them it was 2008. It was discussed on here. Anyone else remember that?

I'd love to see that video if anyone can find it. If it is true, how stupid can she be?!?! For crying out loud, she basically sealed her own fate if she admitted that was written in 2008.

I remember it being mentioned that she had admitted it and also read that one of the media outlets was reporting that LE confirmed it was '08. But haven't seen either myself.

Lin - look up!

We have a page that shows '03
Then we have ripped out pages.
After that, we have a page with her writings dated as June 21.

She *could* have ripped out pages that she didn't want her parents to see, (teenager stuff) and continued entries from '03

OR she ripped out pages from June 21, 2008! That's my assumption. I hope LE can know.

Lin - look up!

thanksfortheadd65.gif

Listening now; thanks for finding that for us! I did see this but didn't catch that part of it.

thanksfortheadd65.gif

Listening now; thanks for finding that for us! I did see this but didn't catch that part of it.

You're welcome! Actually, I am grateful to MnkeyBnzes for providing the link.

http://www.wesh.com/video/18742269/index.html

Unless they went back to it later and I missed it, I didn't understand Kealing to say KC admitted she wrote the page but instead she admitted her daughter was missing during that time frame. He seems surprised shortly afterward when he notices the '03 and states it could have been written in '03. Was it brought up again later in the video? The sound quality is poor; some of it was hard for me to make out.

Bringing over another of Tuba's posts from the Astrology Forum:
Tuba said:
Not to stir up the innards while breakfast or brunch is digesting but Sandra Marshall and various other experts have commented on t.v. that there is an exhilaration following a killing, if you are a psychopath/sociopath. That is really awful to contemplate.
Fits perfectly with the entry from June 21!

I have a strong suspicion that the diary in question was not from 2003, but was in fact brand-spanking new. It was bought on or after June 16, 2008 and was in KC's possession while at Tony's. It was taken to the Anthony's along with all of KC's other belongings when Lee collected them from Tony.

I came to this conclusion when using Photoshop to determine if pages had been ripped out. I used a filter to remove the JPEG artifacts and enhanced the brightness and contrast, shadows and highlights, etc. My conclusion is that no pages were torn out. What we are seeing is the JPEG compression adding a lot of noise to the seam on a "glue bead" used to bind the pages to the book. On top of that, the camera flash adds two distinct levels of shadowing, giving the appearance of pages being torn out.

Here are two enhanced images, one from the left page and one from the right page, that illustrate my point. Using the Photoshop measure tool I find that the glue bead is approximately twice as wide as the pen tip KC used to write with.

picture.php
picture.php

I tried next to see approximately how many pages into the book this entry occurred. It was pretty easy to see that the left page with the '03 was likely the first page in the book, based on how it lined up with the inside cover backing. Also, it is unlined while the facing page is lined. So the left page is a blank cover page for the diary, and the right page is the very first entry. So far so good.

As I was looking at the page edges to see if there was any sign of a page behind the one in view, I noticed how pristine the cover is. There is not a single nick, dent or scratch. Here are four perspectives of the cover (I apologize that I can only upload a low-quality image here):

• The photo frame. If the book was removed and replaced from a shelf or drawer, this raised frame would very likely show some wear, especially on the corners. But here, there is nothing.
  • The inside corner - no dent or crushing as frequently happens with books. No peeling of the book cover from the inside.
  • Outside corner - same thing. No dents, nicks, scratches, crushing.
  • Binding - none of the scratches or cracking along the spine one would expect to see of a book that has been opened and closed a lot. Note that in the image of the yearbook just below are two distinct scratches.
picture.php

Wow. How does a 5 1/2 year old diary get to look so good? Answer: When it really is about 9 months old and has hardly been used. :rolleyes:

So what about the '03 on the left page? :waitasec:

Notice that there is no specific date on that left-facing page, just a year abbreviation. The right page has a specific day and month, but no year. I am beginning to think, looking at that left page, that the '03 has nothing to do with the current year.

I believe the "03" is recent, and is a "class of '03" reference and not a reference to the current year. My speculation is that KC was flipping through high-school yearbooks reminiscing about her life before Caylee and how she was now back to that life, and ran across the phrases "Everyday is a brand new beginning" and "Carpe Diem - Sieze the day" in her or Tony's 2003 high school yearbook. :eek:

These would likely have come from one of two sources:

• 2003 senior class motto
  • Something a friend wrote in her yearbook when signing it (I think now this is more likely)
KC sees this, squeals to herself "this is exactly how I feel", and writes it into her journal with a little '03 notation in the top corner so that she remembers which yearbook inspired her.

Then, she goes to the right page and spills her feelings about how things have gone full-circle for her.

So if there are any sleuthers out there planning to go to a Target, Wal-Mart, the mall, a Hallmark, Barne's and Noble, etc. this weekend...check out the diary's and journals to see if maybe, just maybe, KC's is still on the shelves.

We have a page that shows '03
Then we have ripped out pages.
After that, we have a page with her writings dated as June 21.

She *could* have ripped out pages that she didn't want her parents to see, (teenager stuff) and continued entries from '03

OR she ripped out pages from June 21, 2008! That's my assumption. I hope LE can know.

This is exactly my thinking too!!! I've been wondering (if there are indeed pages missing) why they couldn't be from the day before instead of years before? Maybe her prior writings weren't so cryptic. Maybe they described the killing, for all we know. I am so glad you brought this up.

Unless they went back to it later and I missed it, I didn't understand Kealing to say KC admitted she wrote the page but instead she admitted her daughter was missing during that time frame. He seems surprised shortly afterward when he notices the '03 and states it could have been written in '03. Was it brought up again later in the video? The sound quality is poor; some of it was hard for me to make out.

He said Casey admitted to police she wrote this during the time her daughter was missing. I interpreted that to mean confirming the date of the dairy entry. But I do see what you are saying. I didn't watch the entire clip.

Great observations JWG. Dumb question but I'll ask anyway, do you have a picture of the back of the diary? I'd like to see a sku number. I did a quick check of the diaries on line at target but didn't see a match. It could be an item sold in the store and not on line though.

Thanks.

I have a strong suspicion that the diary in question was not from 2003, but was in fact brand-spanking new. It was bought on or after June 16, 2008 and was in KC's possession while at Tony's. It was taken to the Anthony's along with all of KC's other belongings when Lee collected them from Tony.

I came to this conclusion when using Photoshop to determine if pages had been ripped out. I used a filter to remove the JPEG artifacts and enhanced the brightness and contrast, shadows and highlights, etc. My conclusion is that no pages were torn out. What we are seeing is the JPEG compression adding a lot of noise to the seam on a "glue bead" used to bind the pages to the book. On top of that, the camera flash adds two distinct levels of shadowing, giving the appearance of pages being torn out.

Here are two enhanced images, one from the left page and one from the right page, that illustrate my point. Using the Photoshop measure tool I find that the glue bead is approximately twice as wide as the pen tip KC used to write with.

picture.php
picture.php

I tried next to see approximately how many pages into the book this entry occurred. It was pretty easy to see that the left page with the '03 was likely the first page in the book, based on how it lined up with the inside cover backing. Also, it is unlined while the facing page is lined. So the left page is a blank cover page for the diary, and the right page is the very first entry. So far so good.

As I was looking at the page edges to see if there was any sign of a page behind the one in view, I noticed how pristine the cover is. There is not a single nick, dent or scratch. Here are four perspectives of the cover (I apologize that I can only upload a low-quality image here):

• The photo frame. If the book was removed and replaced from a shelf or drawer, this raised frame would very likely show some wear, especially on the corners. But here, there is nothing.
  • The inside corner - no dent or crushing as frequently happens with books. No peeling of the book cover from the inside.
  • Binding - none of the scratches or cracking along the spine one would expect to see of a book that has been opened and closed a lot. Note that in the image of the yearbook just below are two distinct scratches.
picture.php

Wow. How does a 5 1/2 year old diary get to look so good? Answer: When it really is about 9 months old and has hardly been used. :rolleyes:

Notice that there is no specific date on that left-facing page, just a year abbreviation. The right page has a specific day and month, but no year. I am beginning to think, looking at that left page, that the '03 has nothing to do with the current year.

I believe the "03" is recent, and is a "class of '03" reference and not a reference to the current year. My speculation is that KC was flipping through high-school yearbooks reminiscing about her life before Caylee and how she was now back to that life, and ran across the phrases "Everyday is a brand new beginning" and "Carpe Diem - Sieze the day" in her or Tony's 2003 high school yearbook. :eek:

• Something a friend wrote in her yearbook when signing it (I think now this is more likely)
KC sees this, squeals to herself "this is exactly how I feel", and writes it into her journal with a little '03 notation in the top corner so that she remembers which yearbook inspired her.

Then, she goes to the right page and spills her feelings about how things have gone full-circle for her.

So if there are any sleuthers out there planning to go to a Target, Wal-Mart, the mall, a Hallmark, Barne's and Noble, etc. this weekend...check out the diary's and journals to see if maybe, just maybe, KC's is still on the shelves.

Yeah, we were discussing that yesterday. It seems to me KC attempted to get some emotions out after her criminal act in June 2008 and wrote a page in her old diary. She ripped some old pages out. Then, after the s**t hit the fan, she forgot about her diary entry, which is why we're viewing it today. Kiomarie has already pegged her as forgetful, and it's an understatement to say she's had a lot on her plate lately.

ding-ding !
we have a winner.

I maybe wrong, but hot damn I believe she did write it in 2008.

I've said it before, and I'll do it again.
She is a 22 y.o. kid living at home leeching off her parents, an unemployed dropout, easy-peasee girl, who lived in a dream world.
No one is conspiring against her, as their is no purpose to do so.
She's just a dope and I hope one day to read in the paer 10-15 years henceforth about the state putting a needle put into her arm.

Great observations JWG. Dumb question but I'll ask anyway, do you have a picture of the back of the diary? I'd like to see a sku number. I did a quick check of the diaries on line at target but didn't see a match. It could be an item sold in the store and not on line though.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, OCSO was not kind enough to release a photo of the back, showing an ISBN, otherwise this would have been a simple exercise. :crazy:

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Nice work!

Unfortunately, OCSO was not kind enough to release a photo of the back, showing an ISBN, otherwise this would have been a simple exercise. :crazy:

Well, at least OSCO knows (or should know) if the diary was available in '03. JB is going to look like a fool again if this diary wasn't on the market until late 07 or early 08.

This is how I interpreted it also.

I started out thinking it was written in '03, kinda changed my mind, went back to '03 and round and round and round. So, last night I started looking through the documents and I can not find this journal mentioned anywhere as being taken into evidence. To me, this is the strongest proof that either the entry WAS written in '03 or at least not in June of this year. There is just no way LE would not have scooped that journal up and tucked it under their arm (figuratively, of course) if they thought they could prove she wrote it after she killed Caylee. If that had been written in '08 and they were able to prove it somehow, it would be, IMO, the most damning evidence to date. they took pictures of a lot of things that probably peaked their interest, but not everything was taken into evidence. I think this journal falls into that category. Now, if we find in the next release of documents that the journal is listed as having been taken, I will change my mind, but for now I think the journal is not considered evidence, meaning LE does not feel it has value in this case and that is why it is probably still at the house. At some point I would not be surprised to see Cindy holding it up in front of a camera saying - see, it says right here '03. I am sure the debate here and elsewhere will go on, and my opinion is just one of many!

Man. I have searched the web for this thing and cannot find it anywhere...I have like 8 tabs open here.

I have to say, judging by the photos that I've seen from her room, this doesn't look like something she would buy herself, I'm thinking it was a gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18