Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
picture.php

it's a 3 not 8

Unless the SA can show a reason for the 03, such as recent purchase for the book, that kinda solves that.

If this is confirmed to be 2008 entry... the DP will be coming back on the table...

It appears to me that some of the pages prior to the one we are seeing have been torn out, my girls would do this with their journals too. They were not that sentimental about keeping them or dedicated about writing in them and this may be the case with KC and the reason for the "03" date. Just recycling an old journal. JMO.

I agree. I think she tore pages out and it also looks to me that the side the year is written is the inside hard cover of the journal.

imo~ it seems pages are torn out...i have done this numerous times...i am a great journal starter...but bad finisher...i can see her starting all over again...

When would the body have been dumped in the timeline...def. Before the 21st right.

As a mom of teens it doesn't really sound like a 16-17 yo...

ita!!!

IF the diary entry was written in '03 (although I wouldn't put it past her to put in that '03 to try to throw off the dates) that would, if I am calculating correctly, the summer of her going into Senior year of high school. Since a lot of girls at this age keep journals. It would make sense to me that this entry is referencing future plans for her life, i.e., college applications, majors, trade schools, dropping out...

Oh God....before I say anything else...I want to send a prayer out to the Anthony's today. If they don't already know about it, this recent info has got to be very very disturbing for them. So, my prayers are with them.

I have tried to remain objective in this case. Despite all the info released, I still had hope that Casey was innocent. Logically, the evidence was strong...but emotionally, I just wasn't ready to accept that she had done something horrible to her child. I didn't want to be too quick to judge. I wanted more evidence...and now that I've got it...my heart hurts...deeply, very deeply hurts. I was holding onto that 1% chance she was innocent...and after reading some of the new info, and seeing the crime scene photos...that 1% chance is gone....my hope is gone. I feel a hole in my heart, an emptiness in my stomach...I can't even imagine how the Anthony's feel.
Sorry for being so mushy and emotional....I had to get it out and I can't start sobbing at my desk. :(

{{{{HUGS}}}} I'll bet the grandparents feel the same way you do, just a million times stronger. I'm sorry your hope is gone.

It appears to me that some of the pages prior to the one we are seeing have been torn out, my girls would do this with their journals too. They were not that sentimental about keeping them or dedicated about writing in them and this may be the case with KC and the reason for the "03" date. Just recycling an old journal. JMO.

I totally agree.

FYI - the date of Saturday that is given does NOT match with the date for December 30th for either the year 2003, when December 30 was a Tuesday, or for the year 2008, when December 30 was also a Tuesday. :waitasec:

I don't think the date in question is the date of the diary at all. I think it's the date it was found or logged into evidence. Was there a search done on Dec. 20th or right around Dec. 20th?

I think the date is "Saturday 12-20-2008" and I don't think it's the diary date, I think it's the date the diary was logged into evidence. I just checked the 2008 calendar and 12-20-2008 was a Saturday. I think a heavy marked was used and the number just bled making it look more like a 3 than and 8.

I thought that it looked like pages were removed also....
To me, it is like she was writing in that diary, and did not make many entries. Then, ripped out all of the past entries- and started anew on the June date. she just took out ANYTHING that was CAYLEE. I bet if garbage pickers had gotten to their garbage sooner, we'd have seen those entries. Just like the page of firsts she chucked....

JMO

Yep. How sad.

Just to throw this out there but IIRC KC's handwritten statement was all big and bubbly in it's "look" this doesn't look the same to me. Gonna have to go back and find that now. Grrrrr.

She has no regrets

She made the right decision

She just hopes that the end justifies the means

Out of all the things I have seen in this case, this just made me want to throw up.

She trusts her own judgment??? It's beyond words :furious::furious::furious:

Salem

I don't think the date in question is the date of the diary at all. I think it's the date it was found or logged into evidence. Was there a search done on Dec. 20th or right around Dec. 20th?

I think the date is "Saturday 12-20-2008" and I don't think it's the diary date, I think it's the date the diary was logged into evidence. I just checked the 2008 calendar and 12-20-2008 was a Saturday. I think a heavy marked was used and the number just bled making it look more like a 3 than and 8.

Look at pgs. 13-15. It's the actual diary page, not the evidence log

If this is confirmed to be 2008 entry... the DP will be coming back on the table...

I do suspect it is a 2008 entry. That is the truly frightening part. Casey's ethical and moral system is entirely revealed in that short entry. Ugh! Frightening. It's scary to think people like that exist in the world.

And I agree with the person who said this is a good time for a few prayers for the Anthony family. This has got to be simply devastating.

~Jai Yen

First, it looks like pages were torn out. Look down the middle of the book. I've re-used diaries, as I'm sure many of us have.

Second, There isn't ONE mention of Caylee. Not ONE word. She's TOAST!!

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 256
I agree that it looks as if pages have been ripped out and her little doodle with carpe diem is on the inside cover (it is not lined like the page she wrote on). I think Casey felt like writing a lot and posting to her face book when she was finally FREE (grrrrrrr)

I agree. I think she tore pages out and it also looks to me that the side the year is written is the inside hard cover of the journal.

picture.php

borrowing Cocowiley's pic :)

Nope, hardcover is purple. Page 1 left side is white. I can't tell if pages are torn out between left page, and right.

I'm hoping the following pages (that maybe LE hasn't released) will explain the date??

LE wouldn't need to take pics of something she wrote back in 2003.

I agree,says it all,can't wait for the jury to see this!

doesn't teh middle look like pages were torn out?

That's what I thought too. It looks like it to me.

I wonder if LE had to tear the pages out in order to get a clear picture of that particular page??

First, it looks like pages were torn out. Look down the middle of the book. I've re-used diaries, as I'm sure many of us have.

Second, There isn't ONE mention of Caylee. Not ONE word. She's TOAST!!
The fact that Caylee isn't mentioned lends credence to the entry being made before she was born.

Although if it can be verified that this was a 2008 entry, the fact that Caylee wasn't mentioned looks pretty damn cold.

I'm still wondering whether Casey lugged her diary to Tony's house, which is where she was last June 21st. It seems to me as if Casey no longer used handwriting to express her thoughts - she'd moved on to 'writing' via the internet and texting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties