Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know who or when or why BUT if the date says 03 and the manufacturer says it wasn't available until 04 then SOMEONE wrote the wrong date - now if it had been January 04 and someone wrote January 03 I could see that as a mistake as it usually takes me until the middle of February to stop writing the previous year - but June? no way was that just someone writing the previous year by mistake - so if the diary wasn't available until 04 then June 03 was written somewhere between 04 and 08 and while it might be difficult to determine whether it was written in 08 after Caylee's death I sure can't imagine a reason for a bogus date on it before that - prior to learning the manufacturer said it wasn't available until 04 my suspicion that someone wrote that date after Caylee's death was about a 2 or 3 on a scale of 1 to 10 but now I'd say it's around a 9 - anyone else change their minds after the manufacture date was determined?

Good points all, aafromaa. You sure don't forget what year it is after the year is half gone. And the direct simplicity of your statement that I bolded is great. What could have been a legit reason to add a false date? Thanks!

I just can't figure out why the entire diary just wasn't tossed out instead pages torn out, and dates possibly altered.

And, of all entries to have been left in, that June 23rd one???
WHY????

In the Feb 4 2011 status conference, Baez referenced the diary with a snarky kind of way of trying to pass it off as silly of the prosecution to even waste time testing for ink, he said the diary was written in 2003. When the judge asked him if he'd read it, he said yes, the judge asked if anything about it bothered him, he said ALL of it bothered him, "She had regrets, about what? about... not eating chocolate in the morning? or what?"...

Clearly he must have discussed the diary entry with Casey. I just have to wonder how all that went down.

I'm confused about the torn out pages. Were they after the "no regrets" entry?

I can imagine a scenario like this:

The diary is brought home from TonE's with KC's belongings. CA reads it. When KC returns home from being with the police CA grills her. "What do you mean finally happy?"
"What do you mean no regrets, just a little worried?" KC as glib as ever says "MOM, this is an OLD diary. I was going to start writing in it again. It's from like 2003." CA says "Well we better write the date on there because that looks bad."

I just can't figure out why the entire diary just wasn't tossed out instead pages torn out, and dates possibly altered.

And, of all entries to have been left in, that June 23rd one???
WHY????

bbm
Good question..
All the A's had to do in order to get rid of the diary would have been to burn it or put it through a paper shredder because they, and we, became aware that, at least one person, had been going through their trash and taking it away...

In the Feb 4 2011 status conference, Baez referenced the diary with a snarky kind of way of trying to pass it off as silly of the prosecution to even waste time testing for ink, he said the diary was written in 2003. When the judge asked him if he'd read it, he said yes, the judge asked if anything about it bothered him, he said ALL of it bothered him, "She had regrets, about what? about... not eating chocolate in the morning? or what?"...

Clearly he must have discussed the diary entry with Casey. I just have to wonder how all that went down.

bbm
I agree. If Cindy, George and Conway were being asked about it on LK live then Baez and Casey had discussed it as well.

I thought I had multi-quoted but I don't think I did. Well, I got my ideas from reading everybody's post on this thread.

I am still stuck with the idea that Casey received this diary and had written in it for a while. I think the diary was at Tony's apt and that is where she was sitting in what was her new life. Not just what she had imagined, but she had done. She was at Tony's(away from Cindy) and Caylee was not with her. Whatever the future may hold, she felt the ends justified the means.

Tony is taking a nap, or at school-there is time to reflect, she wants to write about this and not on the internet. She has her diary but hasn't written in it for a while(although because pages are missing maybe she had 'always' in a sporatic way kept writing in there) and there is all the stuff from her previous life(the two boys mentioned, etc.)she easily rips those pages out of the diary. She is fully tearing that part out because this is her new life(bella vita: I think the diary and the tattoo are kind of the same thing for her)not just without Caylee but without Cindy.

Nobody to tell her what to do and when to do it anymore.

In Casey's world, after all she has been though she knows she needs to just sit back and reflect and realize she'd made it happen. Her worry, imo is not that she would get caught(she never thought she world and maybe still doesn't)but "normal" worries about how everything after now would turn out. i.e. Tony or whatever plans she made from now on in general. Casey writes the June 21st entry and she knows it is about Caylee but figures she wrote it so that no one else would know-but just to be sure no one thought that was what she was talking about...

she put '03 in the corner to really throw anyone off-not knowing the diary wasn't manufactured until '04. But, unless this had come into the hands of LE who would have known? Casey couldn't have been trying to throw off Cindy, I don't think because she would know that Cindy would know the diary was older. I think the '03 was put in the corner by Casey because '03 is before Caylee. Cindy used that too about some kind of evidence(maybe pictures)(paraphrased)"That was before Caylee was even born, so it couldn't have anything to do with it).

If it was Cindy who put the date, I'm thinking someone else must have seen the diary so she couldn't get rid of it all she could do was alter it. Maybe Brad had seen the passage but Cindy figured she could slip the '03 in there and he would just have to claim fuzzy memory. He would remember the whole passage missing but Cindy could convince him he had not seen the '03 or she figures it would be his word against hers?

Most important, and most frustrating is not being able to find a match with the ink. I never new the gov(or whomever)keeps tabs on ink, but it figures there is no match for the Anthony's red pen.

I do not have one red pen in my house. I think of red pens as a rare(er)thing to have in your house. Unless, of course you are the type to keep red pens. I personally have issue with writing with a red pen. Can the lab or did the lab find whether or not the red pen on the 'carpe diem' page is the same pen as the June 21st entry? TIA.

:websleuther:

My gut instinct, this is CA trying to cover for ICA. I believe their handwrittings are similar, all three have the same style (ICA can change her style depending on who she's writting). But for some strange reason, my initial gut reaction was CA...Mrs. Fixit, she will get ICA out of this, even if it means she too goes to jail...as she said in the True story of Caylee Marie with Maggie Rodriquez interview. She also mentions to CA, how devastating her words (it smells like a dead body in the damn car) could be to ICA...so, IMO, CA knows how bad those words are for ICA and will do whatever is in her power to change that perception that CA will be the one who puts her own daughter to death...

I remember when everyone was looking for a live Caylee, CA tells the detectives, I know where Casey's at and I don't care if she spends the rest of her life there, all I want is MY Caylee back...well, Caylee can't come back so has she changed that drastically that she wants ICA home? I truly think she is very content knowing her money won't be stolen, or food won't mysteriously disappear, the gas will stay in the gas cans in that shed...but doesn't want to loose another child to death. Will she be okay with a LWOP sentence or is walking free the ultimate goal??? JMHO

Justice for Caylee

IMO, I think the 0 looks more like a George 0 then a ca or ica 0 ica doesn't seem to close her 0's and ca's writing is more scraggly. JMHO. :)

Remember the lady who went through the A's trash. I think if CA very well may have discussed this diary with KC when she was out on bail. KC being KC would not want to get rid of the page because she may have felt empowered by it.

I thought I had multi-quoted but I don't think I did. Well, I got my ideas from reading everybody's post on this thread.

I am still stuck with the idea that Casey received this diary and had written in it for a while. I think the diary was at Tony's apt and that is where she was sitting in what was her new life. Not just what she had imagined, but she had done. She was at Tony's(away from Cindy) and Caylee was not with her. Whatever the future may hold, she felt the ends justified the means.

Tony is taking a nap, or at school-there is time to reflect, she wants to write about this and not on the internet. She has her diary but hasn't written in it for a while(although because pages are missing maybe she had 'always' in a sporatic way kept writing in there) and there is all the stuff from her previous life(the two boys mentioned, etc.)she easily rips those pages out of the diary. She is fully tearing that part out because this is her new life(bella vita: I think the diary and the tattoo are kind of the same thing for her)not just without Caylee but without Cindy.

Nobody to tell her what to do and when to do it anymore.

In Casey's world, after all she has been though she knows she needs to just sit back and reflect and realize she'd made it happen. Her worry, imo is not that she would get caught(she never thought she world and maybe still doesn't)but "normal" worries about how everything after now would turn out. i.e. Tony or whatever plans she made from now on in general. Casey writes the June 21st entry and she knows it is about Caylee but figures she wrote it so that no one else would know-but just to be sure no one thought that was what she was talking about...

she put '03 in the corner to really throw anyone off-not knowing the diary wasn't manufactured until '04. But, unless this had come into the hands of LE who would have known? Casey couldn't have been trying to throw off Cindy, I don't think because she would know that Cindy would know the diary was older. I think the '03 was put in the corner by Casey because '03 is before Caylee. Cindy used that too about some kind of evidence(maybe pictures)(paraphrased)"That was before Caylee was even born, so it couldn't have anything to do with it).

If it was Cindy who put the date, I'm thinking someone else must have seen the diary so she couldn't get rid of it all she could do was alter it. Maybe Brad had seen the passage but Cindy figured she could slip the '03 in there and he would just have to claim fuzzy memory. He would remember the whole passage missing but Cindy could convince him he had not seen the '03 or she figures it would be his word against hers?

Most important, and most frustrating is not being able to find a match with the ink. I never new the gov(or whomever)keeps tabs on ink, but it figures there is no match for the Anthony's red pen.

I do not have one red pen in my house. I think of red pens as a rare(er)thing to have in your house. Unless, of course you are the type to keep red pens. I personally have issue with writing with a red pen. Can the lab or did the lab find whether or not the red pen on the 'carpe diem' page is the same pen as the June 21st entry? TIA.

:websleuther:

First bold -- TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!! Caylee and Cindy!

Second bold -- Brad was not on board yet when the photos were taken - if my memory is correct. The photos documenting the diary existence were long before BC being on the case. Someone correct me if I am 'mis-thinking'!

First bold -- TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!! Caylee and Cindy!

Second bold -- Brad was not on board yet when the photos were taken - if my memory is correct. The photos documenting the diary existence were long before BC being on the case. Someone correct me if I am 'mis-thinking'!

BC was on-board, I believe. MN dropped the A's in November. BC was their attorney when the remains were found in December.

bbm
Good question..
All the A's had to do in order to get rid of the diary would have been to burn it or put it through a paper shredder because they, and we, became aware that, at least one person, had been going through their trash and taking it away...

And if they didn't have a shredder( I don't) & seen people going through their trash, they would have kept it? Burning would have raised an obvious red flag, unless they have an indoor fireplace? Anyone know if they have one?

I like your ideas that the diary couldn't be destroyed because people had perhaps seen it or her writing in it. So the incriminating pages were torn out and the vague ones which could be interpreted a variety of ways left in with an '03 placed to make it look like it was all written before Caylee was even born. A mom who would joke about giving the FBI their dog's toothbrush certainly wouldn't hesitate to dummy up or tamper with incendiary evidence like a diary. I'd love to know what were on those pages that were removed. If they mentioned anything current like AL, then of course they had to go.

I imagine it would be interesting to do an ink analysis on the date and the rest of the page to see if they are done in different ink. And who dates a diary with just the year at the top like an afterthought?

i have a quick question? was the pic of the diary taken during warrants issued after they discovered caylee? Because if that is the case what is to say that she just didnt add the 03 while she was at joses office all that time. im sure they got tons of red pens there. she doesnt seem the type that would just throw it out cuz of how sociopathic she is. she just figured she could explain it away by simply adding the date and underlining it just for that added emphasis.

i have a quick question? was the pic of the diary taken during warrants issued after they discovered caylee? Because if that is the case what is to say that she just didnt add the 03 while she was at joses office all that time. im sure they got tons of red pens there. she doesnt seem the type that would just throw it out cuz of how sociopathic she is. she just figured she could explain it away by simply adding the date and underlining it just for that added emphasis.

Well, you have a point there. Underlining it sure does make it stand out that someone wanted to emphasize the date. Considering the book was not made until 2004 that surely has to set off the "hinkey meter" in SA's mind.

BC was on-board, I believe. MN dropped the A's in November. BC was their attorney when the remains were found in December.

I will have to go back and look. I thought they became aware and photographed the diary before Caylee was found. Will do that later. Thanks!

And if they didn't have a shredder( I don't) & seen people going through their trash, they would have kept it? Burning would have raised an obvious red flag, unless they have an indoor fireplace? Anyone know if they have one?

iirc they don't have an indoor fireplace, most homes here do not..myself and many of our friends do have a firebowls/ outdoor fireplaces out back to roast marshmellows!

Don't know if they have a shredder...good advice from anyone including a PI or lawyer would have been to get one especially after the trash picking incidents...

food for thought
Tulessa, We have a shredder. We Love It...even bought one for my sister a few years back and she loves it.... with the exception of a few things most all our paperwork is shredded...:D And with identity theft...Ya never know who might go through your garbage to steal info on you, even stuff we the law abiding citizen may think is harmless or meaningless

Well DUH Tulessa!! Here's your sign! Who would have a fire going in June or July in Florida! :floorlaugh:

I will have to go back and look. I thought they became aware and photographed the diary before Caylee was found. Will do that later. Thanks!

ANJ
I think the photograph of the diary was done after Caylee's remains were found and LE had obtained a search warrant to search the house...

Remember cindy and george got off the plane at OIA after appearing on the LKL show and they didn't return to their home for iirc 2 days or 3 days

iirc they don't have an indoor fireplace, most homes here do not..myself and many of our friends do have a firebowls/ outdoor fireplaces out back to roast marshmellows!

Don't know if they have a shredder...good advice from anyone including a PI or lawyer would have been to get one especially after the trash picking incidents...

food for thought
Tulessa, We have a shredder. We Love It...even bought one for my sister a few years back and she loves it.... with the exception of a few things most all our paperwork is shredded...:D And with identity theft...Ya never know who might go through your garbage to steal info on you, even stuff we the law abiding citizen may think is harmless or meaningless

True, but here on top of my mountain in the Appalachians, no need for one. Hubby has a work shop with a cast iron stove & thats where we recycle our papers. :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micin
Back