Casey's Pants & the Knife and The Cleaning of the Pontiac

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have wondered about this as well. I think people have accepted this as truth without evidence.... If she did admit to cleaning the trunk, I would like to see the testimony as well.

Plus, if someone cleaned out the car, wouldn't they also remove the trash that was in it?

Not if they want to blame the smell on the garbage in there.

IIRC and please don't ask for a link.........but at the beginning when the house had webcams.
Cindy bought a new washing machine........my question is if you launder
decomposed body fluid in your washer, could evidence be found? or would the stench stay in it forever? Would bleach kill whatever?

Not sure about the purchase of a new washing machine (thought that was a rumor vs fact) but washing the pants would remove lots of "evidence".
DNA if present would be denatured if a phosphate soap were used, additionally denatured by bleach, protein bonds broken by HOT water and of course, quantity of particulates minimized by being "washed away". Now the smell would be diluted significantly by the volume of water and soap in the "washing cycle" then the copious amounts of water provided by the rinse cycle. The reasoning behind the "removal" of the smell factor in the clothing is rather logical: the "saturation" would be minimal (assumed), the contact would be short durational (assumed), residual bacterial/fungal (mold) growth would be inhibited/eliminated by the cleaning/washing/drying process and the "housekeeper" can repeat the process as needed.:angel:

I have wondered about this as well. I think people have accepted this as truth without evidence.... If she did admit to cleaning the trunk, I would like to see the testimony as well.

Plus, if someone cleaned out the car, wouldn't they also remove the trash that was in it?

The trash was thrown out. The police had to retrieve the trash from the towyard.

I can't prove that anyone cleaned out the trunk of Casey's car, but someone surely cleaned the outside of her car!! That car was spotless on the outside. No way that the car would have been that clean after sitting at that towyard all that time... someone cleaned it.

The trash was thrown out. The police had to retrieve the trash from the towyard.

I can't prove that anyone cleaned out the trunk of Casey's car, but someone surely cleaned the outside of her car!! That car was spotless on the outside. No way that the car would have been that clean after sitting at that towyard all that time... someone cleaned it.

We KNOW Casey wouldn't have bothered to keep it clean.

This forensic entymology report states that someone attempted to clean the decompositional fluid in the trunk:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-preview.aspx?doc_id=15084977

This forensic entymology report states that someone attempted to clean the decompositional fluid in the trunk:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-preview.aspx?doc_id=15084977

I kept trying to post with a link to an article from May 4, 2009 regarding the civil case where mention was made of Cindy telling deputies that she had cleaned the car when it came home from the towyard because of the smell, but the link would not work. However, a search of the civil case pre-trial will take you there.

I kept trying to post with a link to an article from May 4, 2009 regarding the civil case where mention was made of Cindy telling deputies that she had cleaned the car when it came home from the towyard because of the smell, but the link would not work. However, a search of the civil case pre-trial will take you there.

Thank you! I found a reference in the state depo too, (pg 124 of file, pg 306 of depo):

7/28 & 7/29/09

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21310288/detail.html

FWIW, which may not be much ... in the beginning I read about this case anywhere/everywhere. a well organized poster at one site did a side by side comparison of very early photos/still shots from video, which showed two distinctly different washing machines in the A's garage. I don't remember anything about the dryer (altho CA wouldn't tolerate a mis-matched set, IMO)

Thank you! I found a reference in the state depo too, (pg 124 of file, pg 306 of depo):

7/28 & 7/29/09

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21310288/detail.html

Thank you! Lol! I tried for quite a while to post those links and find the depo where she talks about it but I kept coming up empty! I'm just not very good at it! So, we have CA saying she cleaned the pants, knife, and car in a depo. Excellent!

Hmm. You know what I wonder? Just suddenly? And I dont' know if it's been mentioned or discussed or answered yet but it just occured to me. If Cindy did clean that car, and removed items, I don't think you could take the pants and stuff out of there without it touching your own body in some fashion, so wouldn't her own clothes have absorbed some smell or something? I wonder if she changed her outfit before she returned to work that afternoon. If not, did anybody at Gentiva notice an odor about her. If so, where are the clothes she wore when she was cleaning the car?

Good question Gnat ! Makes me wonder where GA's clothes are that he had on when he retrieved the car from Johnsons Towing. You would think him sitting in the car and driving it home would leave a smell on him as well. He stated he had to crack the windows while driving home because the smell was so bad..Hmm , still makes me cringe when I think about them not calling LE as soon as they smelled that smell. Why on earth anyone would drive a car that smelled like that home is beyond me.

Hmm. You know what I wonder? Just suddenly? And I dont' know if it's been mentioned or discussed or answered yet but it just occured to me. If Cindy did clean that car, and removed items, I don't think you could take the pants and stuff out of there without it touching your own body in some fashion, so wouldn't her own clothes have absorbed some smell or something? I wonder if she changed her outfit before she returned to work that afternoon. If not, did anybody at Gentiva notice an odor about her. If so, where are the clothes she wore when she was cleaning the car?

I don't think we have to worry about C&G's clothes stinking. We have their words both written and orally recorded about how that car stunk. There's no denying it and I can't wait to see how JB will try to persuade the jury into believing there was no body in that car. After they see and hear about the entomology report, I think they will know where Caylee was before she was dumped in the swamp.

They knew what they were doing, these people are not as ignorant as they would like us to believe.
Unless you count the bizarre circumstance that led them to the board of directors on the Milsteads SANI_CLEAN company, a business that sanitizes hospitals, crime scenes etc. That was not a clever move.

Who knows maybe the Milsteads needed people with experience......

FWIW, which may not be much ... in the beginning I read about this case anywhere/everywhere. a well organized poster at one site did a side by side comparison of very early photos/still shots from video, which showed two distinctly different washing machines in the A's garage. I don't remember anything about the dryer (altho CA wouldn't tolerate a mis-matched set, IMO)
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102667"]George & Cindy Allegedly Replaced Their Washing Machine - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

They knew what they were doing, these people are not as ignorant as they would like us to believe.
Unless you count the bizarre circumstance that led them to the board of directors on the Milsteads SANI_CLEAN company, a business that sanitizes hospitals, crime scenes etc. That was not a clever move.

Who knows maybe the Milsteads needed people with experience......
OY...why does this not surprise me.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBKFQIBGiBQ&feature=related[/ame]

Watching an old Nancy Grace video where the bombshell is that Cindy washed the pants. Have just started watching, not sure if there's anything useful in it yet.

Ok at 7:20 nancy says at the back of the 7 page sworn search warrant is a statement that "Cindy got to the car first before police and found the pin striped grey slacks that belong to mom Casey, last seen wearing them the last day Caylee was last seen alive. They smelled like a dead body. Mom, Casey's pants, smelled like a dead body. Unwittingly, Cindy Anthony washes the pants.".

If you freeze frame at 9:12 you can see the written report.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CR4BBI3
Back