Casey's Psych Evals unsealed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OT. I started a new job tonight..and the lady training me asked me what I thought of the Casey Anthony case..talk about a can of worms. I decided not to say much because I didn't want to make the wrong impression nor did I want to go down that road..but she told me her opinion..and she actually sided with Casey and the jury! I was shocked. I decided not to go over the evidence, thinking..clearly she must not know every single detail..and probably doesn't..

but then she explained that she'd been molested by a family member at such a young age and that she said that sort of thing changes your brain for some people..that she whole heartedly believes casey was molested and that's why she's a narcissist and can't tell the truth or recognize the truth. I just said "you know, I never thought of it that way." I still believe Casey's a liar..but it was just interesting to hear an opposing opinion from someone who genuinely felt that way and wasn't just being a troll.
Interesting. Well, it definitely can change your brain and the way you interact with other people - that's for sure. I was a victim of molestation and the last thing on this earth I could ever do was harm someone else, let alone murder someone! And I don't live my life lying to every Tom, Dick, Harry or Sue! If every one on this earth who was molested as a child turned into liars and murders in their adult lives - this world would really be a horrible place! I can not relate to Casey at all, and don't believe for a second - even if she was molested - that that gives her a pass on the lying or the other horrendous things she did.

I seriously love how, between these newly unsealed depositions and the video diary leak, FCA has now lost her "mystery appeal" (assuming there were actually networks and people who were intrigued and wanted to hear more of her lies). What more could she possibly say in an interview that hasn't been uncovered in these depos? All of the big money topics have pretty much been discussed : what happened to Caylee, the sexual abuse claims, who Caylee's father is (all Casey's version, whatever version that may be 3.0, 4.0, etc... :floorlaugh:) I can see that price tag dropping lower and lower. Hopefully it will soon be synonymous with what she is worth: nothing.

sweet, sweet karma.

:floorlaugh:

made me think of casey and the jessie J song

Price tag Its not about the money money money I just wanna make the world dance forget about the price tag

sorry seemed fitting

Being a survivor of sexual abuse/ molestation does not turn a person into a THIEF, a COMPULSIVE LIAR, a DRUNK, a MURDERER or, most importantly, an Antisocial Personality Disordered individual.

We need to reign in this line of thinking right now!! We cannot re-victimize the survivors of abuse.
SindyBill, the lady who was talking to you was projecting HER OWN feelings onto Casey Anthony.
NO ONE can do that with Casey!! No one except Cindy, and only partially...

Being a survivor of sexual abuse/ molestation does not turn a person into a THIEF, a COMPULSIVE LIAR, a DRUNK, a MURDERER or, most importantly, an Antisocial Personality Disordered individual.

We need to reign in this line of thinking right now!! We cannot re-victimize the survivors of abuse.
The lady who was talking to you was projecting HER OWN feelings onto Casey Anthony.

Thank you so much for this post, SeekingJana. Thank you!

I'm still working my way through the docs here and there throughout the day and the thread but I'm at the part in Dr. W.'s depo where he's answering the question if FCA is "still denying and suppressing this event" (258)

snipped "Do I believe a lot of the material is out? No. And do I believe a lot of the--the major, the emotional psychological component is overt? No. She's still a very controlled, flat, underemotional, young woman.

Gradually each time you talk about it, you process it. You recall parts it. Its like unpeeling an onion. You take part of it at a time, and you gradually try to get more to the surface and help them learn to survive rather than try to deny or that you're going to cure them. You try to help them survive it, and that's really where she is right now."snip

This whole thing is very difficult to get through, but reading that... to me he just is not being objective, he is looking at and depicting FCA as a victim. I just don't know what to say.... :furious:

I agree. He is a really poor doctor at best.

I laughed out loud when he said that he was able to get Casey to talk so freely because "she obviously considered him so competent". He repeats twice how competent he is and how this helps open his subjects up.

Did you also notice how he used "I honestly think..." or "to be honest" so many times?! I was really struck by how much he uses language that seemed to compensate for his own anxiety about wanting to appear to be such a great doctor. He is anxious to boast about and impress upon everyone how competent he is and how he won Casey (this special person's) confidence so easily and then he tries to bolster his credibility over and over by repeating how "honest" his statements are.

He is not too far removed from Anthonyspeak and we all know how credible that is.

Paid/hired expert. JMO.

I find the whole conversation about the last time she saw Caylee "she was in PJ's but the Body/Baby was found in shorts that didn't fit " conversation extremely telling and freaky.

Remember Casey's comment....to Rob "They are looking in the wrong place and they haven't even found her clothes."

I know that he is there for the defense but I just can't believe this Psychologist can say with a straight face that he cannot diagnose her with EVEN ONE Axis 11 personality disorder. What an absolute joke.

He is basing his opinion on the fact that Casey showed no oppositional behavior, aggression, or defiance in adolescence? Puhlease. Like Cindy or George would ever talk about, admit, or acknowledge any of Casey's deviant behavior. They threw her a graduation party even though she didn't graduate and ignored her pregnancy into its 7th month.

We know NOTHING of Casey's behavior in that house during her childhood and never will as long as Cindy has something to say about it.

This Psych Eval is....I don't even have a word for it. Isn't this the Dr that Ashton described as being extremely uncomfortable throughout the process?

So Casey thinks she may have been date raped and that's when she got pregnant??? Yeah. Right. All I've been thinking all day is....Sorry Casey. You weren't date raped, you're just a <starts with sl and rhymes with but>!

Sorry. Been needing to get that out all day.

*post lands at random* :)

OT. I started a new job tonight..and the lady training me asked me what I thought of the Casey Anthony case..talk about a can of worms. I decided not to say much because I didn't want to make the wrong impression nor did I want to go down that road..but she told me her opinion..and she actually sided with Casey and the jury! I was shocked. I decided not to go over the evidence, thinking..clearly she must not know every single detail..and probably doesn't..

but then she explained that she'd been molested by a family member at such a young age and that she said that sort of thing changes your brain for some people..that she whole heartedly believes casey was molested and that's why she's a narcissist and can't tell the truth or recognize the truth. I just said "you know, I never thought of it that way." I still believe Casey's a liar..but it was just interesting to hear an opposing opinion from someone who genuinely felt that way and wasn't just being a troll.

You didn't ask, but if the lady you interacted with is going to be your supervisor, do not be hesitant in your dealings with her. She will be very sensitive to what she perceives as honesty vs. dishonesty. Always state your facts very clearly with her, as she has already identified this as an area she believes some people have problems with. It seems that her level of trust is probably different from yours due to events she may not have dealt with fully.
JMO, and because I want you to have a great career experience. :)

We all have scars and quirks from very hurtful life events. I'm not judging in any way, just giving a suggestion to increase the comfort level in the workplace.

Maria

It really bothers me that Caylee's existence just keeps getting tainted by the defense team and her 'mom'. It's bad enough how she died, how she was bagged up to rot and be chewed on...but now we are told she was a product of a RAPE. Just when you think it can't get any worse...
It does.

BBM

Did the woman,who son died in the car accident that was rumored to be Caylee's father, ever do a DNA test? I would in a heartbeat. No telling who her father was BUT if he was the father and she is accusing him of rape-I would be taking her butt to a civil court asap for slander.

I never believed George hurt Casey or Caylee. Countless people on the internet and t.v. did though and really dragged his name through the mud. Hope they realized how foolish they were listening to a PATHOLOGICAL LIAR. No one should be accused of molesting someone with NO EVIDENCE so publicly the way George Anthony was. So hateful to those who really suffered that brutality. George is not popular but he DID NOT deserve this. He probably did more to protect that child than Casey ever did. I really hope he is in therapy and doesn't try to hurt himself again. That's probably want she wants anyway. Don't give her that pleasure, George. :furious:

Caylee Marie you deserved so much better.

jmo

SindyBill, the lady who was talking to you was projecting HER OWN feelings onto Casey Anthony.

Believe me, there are marks on my tongue from biting it so hard. But, I also didn't want to be insensitive to her own traumatic experiences so I wasn't going to say anything. I am fortunate enough to have never suffered such abuse in my life, so I don't think it'd be my place to try and tell someone who has what a person affected by abuse should feel/think/act. I agree that she was projecting her own feelings. Personally, I think if she knew all the details as well as I like to think I know them, she may be offended and liken Casey more as someone who LIES about abuse and was never actually abused at all, which is the stance I personally take. JMO!

That discussion would make me wonder what that lady was telling you about HERSELF.

I find the whole conversation about the last time she saw Caylee "she was in PJ's but the Body/Baby was found in shorts that didn't fit " conversation extremely telling and freaky.

Remember Casey's comment....to Rob "They are looking in the wrong place and they haven't even found her clothes."

I know that he is there for the defense but I just can't believe this Psychologist can say with a straight face that he cannot diagnose her with EVEN ONE Axis 11 personality disorder. What an absolute joke. QUOTE]
He is basing his opinion on the fact that Casey showed no oppositional behavior, aggression, or defiance in adolescence? Puhlease. Like Cindy or George would ever talk about, admit, or acknowledge any of Casey's deviant behavior. They threw her a graduation party even though she didn't graduate and ignored her pregnancy into its 7th month.

We know NOTHING of Casey's behavior in that house during her childhood and never will as long as Cindy has something to say about it.

This Psych Eval is....I don't even have a word for it. Isn't this the Dr that Ashton described as being extremely uncomfortable throughout the process?

BBM

Everyone wants to say she is mentally ill, but I think she is just an evil person. EVIL does exist in the world. CA is living proof.:twocents:

A scale to measure PTSD was actually low on KC. Wow. (Danziger p. 62)

Yet another red flag that she is a sociopath. Even a "normal" (not mentally ill) person who was guilty of a crime would be traumatized by being incarcerated. Casey is not because she is not normal.

I :beats: LDB

After Dr. W. is done relating how FCA felt victimized that they filmed her learning about the news that they had found Caylee, LDB asks,

"All right. So when you were discussing 12.11.08, her response to you had to do with how she felt violated rather than her emotional response to her child being found dead?"

More than likely she overheard an argument or one of them said something under their breath.

Growing up my parents had issues that we never should have known about - but just being in the same household, you know what's going on. Things are said under their breath, or comments are made when they think the kids aren't around. It happens and kids know a lot more than parents think they do.

Additionally, this family's sense of boundaries is off the charts....whoKNOWS what subject matter they chose to discuss amongst themselves?

Believe me, there are marks on my tongue from biting it so hard. But, I also didn't want to be insensitive to her own traumatic experiences so I wasn't going to say anything. I am fortunate enough to have never suffered such abuse in my life, so I don't think it'd be my place to try and tell someone who has what a person affected by abuse should feel/think/act. I agree that she was projecting her own feelings. Personally, I think if she knew all the details as well as I like to think I know them, she may be offended and liken Casey more as someone who LIES about abuse and was never actually abused at all, which is the stance I personally take. JMO!

Yes, hon, I saw that the lady was projecting her own feelings onto Casey. Maybe her own form of talk therapy helps her deal with her own abuse. I wrote a post to you about how I would try to approach her in everyday work matters if she will be your supervisor. It's Up There a bit, LOL.

I didn't mean to imply in any way that you said anything wrong. People react to life's traumas in their own individual ways, and you were just telling us what this lady believes.

I don't think ANYONE ever laid a hand on Casey, either, except at her
Par-Tees and we know she couldn't get enough of that!!!

Casey is the kind of person who would shave their head, lose 40 lbs and fake cancer for money. Or do *advertiser censored*. Total lack of ego boundaries. Classic Narcissistic ASPD.

Haven't read through this thread but just wanna say one thing that sounds really delusional.

She claims she was date raped at a party and blacked out and became pregnant. Then says she thought it was her dad's. WTF? So her dad went partying with her? lol

Nah, that is her narcissism surfacing...everyone wants to bed FCA....so who knows who the baby daddy is..

she's got date rape drugs, daddy, lee...everyone. She's sooooooooooo desirable! In her own mind...*snorts*

Gradually each time you talk about it, you process it. You recall parts it. Its like unpeeling an onion. You take part of it at a time, and you gradually try to get more to the surface and help them learn to survive rather than try to deny or that you're going to cure them. You try to help them survive it, and that's really where she is right now."

The other part of this that angered me is that he said something like the people who kept asking "Where's Caylee?" were to BLAME for making FCA's denial stronger...something along those lines. That each time she repeated the lie she believed it more and more because it was threatening. If this quack is smart, he'll go into hiding along with her. He's not making any friends with statements like that! :banghead:

I have my glass of wine now. And dark chocolate. Someone tell me that Dr. W will make more sense this way. :banghead:

I know you have all been drinking for hours already and therefore are in the perfect position to assure me of this....

On the bright side, Dr. D cheered me right up. Obviously he didn't get the memo about experts being paid w-words.

Witnesses. That's the w-word. Not what you were thinking. :innocent:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
difficultgrownup
Back