Caylee Anthony 2 year old General Discussion #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think turning off the GPS basically means other user devices can't locate you BUT it wouldn't stop LE from tracking you through the pings on your cellphone as you pass cellphone towers.

If you don't want to be tracked, you have to shut off your phone & maybe even remove the battery.

If it is hardware they could still track it either way. I guess kinda like in the movies when they put tracking devices under the car.

We don't mind different points of view here...however, his is outright fraud...in my honest opinion.

For starters, I looked at this particular one since someone put the thread up...I will take my findings to that thread so maybe you can join me there. :)
Ok - I am there - you coming? We can discuss it there appropriately.

LOL That probably won't help much on this site as we have different meanings for a lot of things than normal people. I will put up a thread so people can find things easier. (We have had to do this before. LOL)

Good stinkin' ;)

If you can make it a sticky &/or maybe have it in the "Forum Information & Esoterica" section it would be great!

For specific cases, it would probably be helpful too as people always end up using initials to talk about the endless characters in the case.

It's a wonder we're not all insane.

Wait! We're NOT.... insane....... are we? *twitch, twitch* lol

quick question...is there somewhere on this site that gives what the abbreviations mean? I have figured most of them out but ITA has me stumped...thanks.:)
I totally agree...ITA

If it is hardware they could still track it either way. I guess kinda like in the movies when they put tracking devices under the car.

Scary, huh?

From Wiki:

Newer phones may have built-in GPS receivers which could be used in a similar fashion, but with much higher accuracy.
Some newer phones and technology may also allow the tracking of the phone even when turned off or, at least, have the microphone activated.[3] Also, phones can have secondary batteries installed to allow tracking even if the battery is removed.

Scary, huh?

From Wiki:

Newer phones may have built-in GPS receivers which could be used in a similar fashion, but with much higher accuracy.
Some newer phones and technology may also allow the tracking of the phone even when turned off or, at least, have the microphone activated.[3] Also, phones can have secondary batteries installed to allow tracking even if the battery is removed.

Right??? So much for privacy.

Hey mom of five - I PM earlier today when you weren't on. Have you had a chance to read it yet?

Good stinkin' ;)

If you can make it a sticky &/or maybe have it in the "Forum Information & Esoterica" section it would be great!

For specific cases, it would probably be helpful too as people always end up using initials to talk about the endless characters in the case.

It's a wonder we're not all insane.

Wait! We're NOT.... insane....... are we? *twitch, twitch* lol
Here you go! It is included in an Off Topic thread to unwind a bit now and then...to keep the twitching to a minimum. LOL

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2446729#post2446729

so it had to be (2) 6 gallon cans? that would be pretty heavy!

Good point!!! I have wondered for awhile if it was really the gas that was the purpose of the break in to begin with. Possibly something else was missing that George may not have noticed and the questioning by LE/FBI is what sent the csi unit and detectives there. There's the possibility of an accomplice they want to test the gas cans for prints?

Casey could have easily used that gas to cover up any evidence in the trunk of the car and not much at that. The excuse being that it spilled, leaked, etc. Scott Peterson used gasoline and fertilizer to mask Laci's scent from cadaver dogs.

I know people have discussed Casey having some sort of personality/mental disorder. I feel like you can really see an entirely different person when you look at the photos that Hart posted today. Her joy and genuine love for her daughter is present. These new photos are all about her, her and her. What can make a person change like that?

I'm wondering if she has a disorder that has worsened in recent months or years. Obviously she has lied to people over the years but could it have gotten worse lately? I ask because an old friend of mine has always been bipolar. But when she started partying and doing drugs she developed paranoid schizophrenia. Could something like that have happened to Casey?

I'm guessing she turned 21--the legal drinking age--and it went downhill from there. Most of these clubs are pretty firm about ID. When you enter you get a wristband that signifies whether you are able to drink or not. It allows the younger crowd, particularly the college kids, to partake of the fun without the club risking it's liquor license. That's not to say she wasn't drinking before she was 21, but I bet that once she turned "legal" it accelerated. :eek:

And yes, adding alcohol and/or drugs could definitely push someone who was already borderline on the mental stability right over the cliff!

I'm guessing she turned 21--the legal drinking age--and it went downhill from there. Most of these clubs are pretty firm about ID. When you enter you get a wristband that signifies whether you are able to drink or not. It allows the younger crowd, particularly the college kids, to partake of the fun without the club risking it's liquor license. That's not to say she wasn't drinking before she was 21, but I bet that once she turned "legal" it accelerated. :eek:

And yes, adding alcohol and/or drugs could definitely push someone who was already borderline on the mental stability right over the cliff!
COMPLETELY O/T - but the Clubs down here in Lauderdale - used to stamp the under 21ers hands or with wristbands that said 'LOSER' - lol

This is probably a bit off topic, but I do question the logic of encouraging underage kids to hang out at a place where drinking is going on.

If they're NOT old enough to drink, then why are they mature enough to hang out with drinkers? It's crazy to pretend older people AREN'T buying extra drinks & leaving them on the table for the kids to 'steal.' What easier way to 'get' the girl than to give her drinks? And what better way to get the older guy than to show how grown up & cool you are?

I'm sure the vast majority of the kids in these places ARE drinking.

I reserve the right to NOT be impressed with the "wristband" system.... all that tells me is who is legal to BUY drinks & who has to hide their drinks under the table if someone 'official' looking walks by.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:
You have so many reasons to be proud!

anastacia129,

The difference between you and Casey is you made the hard decisions and did the right thing. This experience will make you a better grandmother and mother to your adult daughter. We all goof up as young mothers... not many of us did it perfect and most of us look back and shutter at some of our decisions. You are not alone. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse