Caylee Anthony 2 year old General Discussion #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a link to the briefing - the one from channel 9 isn't active

I think LE is up against a wall on this one. They probably know Caylee is deceased (forensics are back), but don't know where the body is.

I think they'll show Casey the forensic results and tell her that anything she tells them better result in finding Caylee or no deal. No more stories.

I do think we have a way to go before we get the entire story, friends.

Don't get your hopes up too high.

From the briefing..."Will not offer verification of lab items, as it may be detrimental to the search for caylee"

Is there another link other than channel 9 - that one is not active

It would be manslaughter/neg hom, if she admits she accidentally killed Caylee, and she is believed after she talks. It could be simply taking the death penalty off the table. Or further charges. Nothing less.

They would call that a plea offer not an offer of immunity.

Immunity doesn't mean we charge you with the lesser charge, it means that whatever you tell us, we will not use in prosecuting you...

Why offer her immunity if they have what is needed to convict her?

Sounds like lawyerin' to me - Jose Baez getting tagged about how he's stated his client will talk yet never quite coming through with the goods. He wants conditions so she can, so they're willing to meet him half way. In other words, " Your move, Jose."

I feel the opposite. I feel LE has nothing, just like I said earlier, from all that DNA testing. That is why they are offering limited immunity. If Casey is smart, she won't talk and she won't go along with their limited immunity because so far LE has nothing other than what we have heard and it isn't enough to get a conviction on anything other than neglect which probably is community service as a punishment. I bet nothing came back at all on the shovel (it was probably used to break a lock and not bury anything or maybe it has dirt from her back yard which doesn't prove anything. How sad.

I feel the opposite. I feel LE has nothing, just like I said earlier, from all that DNA testing. That is why they are offering limited immunity. If Casey is smart, she won't talk and she won't go along with their limited immunity because so far LE has nothing other than what we have heard and it isn't enough to get a conviction on anything other than neglect which probably is community service as a punishment. I bet nothing came back at all on the shovel (it was probably used to break a lock and not bury anything or maybe it has dirt from her back yard which doesn't prove anything. How sad.

I agree. I think the DNA testing must have come back at best inconclusive and I don't think in a case this serious...dead 3 year old, mom partying for a month...they would be offering any kind of immunity if they believed they had what is necessary to prosecute her.

IMO its a bluff...we will give you limiited immunity if you tell us where Caylee is and we won't use what you tell us in our case....wreaks of desperation.

I'm not getting anything the 5:30 presser won't open for me. Help

I note that in the report about the paternity of Caylee, the reporter on scene says that Cindy and George returned home from their meeting with FBI and are inside.

Evidently, the Anthony's aren't talking.........for once.

I have another theory too. The testing came back positive that Caylee is dead and LE wants to find her body so are offering limited immunity and won't use Casey's 'confession' to convict her. They will have to prove their case thru other means. So they are using the results to get her to talk and offer her the limited immunity. Otherwise they will proceed and try to convict her of the crime with what they have. Perhaps they will plead this down from murder to manslaughter or something and it won't even go to a trial.

I have another theory too. The testing came back positive that Caylee is dead and LE wants to find her body so are offering limited immunity and won't use Casey's 'confession' to convict her. They will have to prove their case thru other means. So they are using the results to get her to talk and offer her the limited immunity. Otherwise they will proceed and try to convict her of the crime with what they have. Perhaps they will plead this down from murder to manslaughter or something and it won't even go to a trial.

could the DNA be back and they know she is dead but they are all emotionally involved now and want to recover her body so they will let her out of the death penalty

Yeah, I was thinking that was possible also...but, if she tells them where Caylee is and they can't use it then all they have is an abandoned car that had a dead body in it...but no real linkage to Casey. But she would be a fool to take this kind of deal since the publicity would ensure her conviction even if it was not brought up in court.

Presser over. Not much said. More of "we can't comment...that's part of the investigation..."

A confession resulting in a life sentence or maybe less for manslaughter is more reliable than taking a case without a body before a jury. The odds are better in Vegas than to guess what a jury will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme