Caylee Anthony 2 years old #13 General Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I would like to know is if this personality we are seeing and hearing from Casey is her normal personality. The parents don't seem to state anything is remiss yet Casey's behavior is beyond odd!!! Even the lawyer doesn't mention how odd she is. She has no voice inflection. No ability to get angry. No ability to get sad. (except to cry for herself when they started talking about the child being dead and he jig is about up and the huge bail that was being set for her). She has no ability to get upset or anything. Does this girl live on some of those heavy drugs for schizophrenics or what? Something isn't right here. I want to know if this is her real self or she got this way recently. I can't believe the parents could think there is nothing wrong with her.
I actually asked, the other night, if there's a possibility that Casey took some LSD and the trip went bad?
She acts like my cousin Steve that had that happen to him. He tripped out a long time ago, got all weird, spent time in a state hospital and is now back with mommy. It's like he has one emotion and one voice, it doesn't waiver.
and he dresses funny.:waitasec:

I think that while Cindy was in contact with Casey via cell phone, Cindy may not have known Casey's physical location - where she was staying and with whom. Casey may have wanted it this way...........didn't want mom to know exactly where she was because she didn't want mom to come find her.

But does that actually constitute missing? I guess it's possible she would have chosen a better phrase for it if not in such a dire time.....Missing to me makes me think of GONE --- without a trace. Unable to be called or texted even....:runaway:

What if the judge didn't want her bailed out in fear she would kill the one person who knows what happened to Caylee... herself?

Sly

I could be wrong, but I believe prisoners on suicide watch are given paper clothing. So yes, they could have taken her underwear, but they wouldn't leave her sitting there naked. I think her lawyer is trying to drum up sympathy for her.
Naw, she's not nekkie. They have special suits, kinds like a huge bib with slits for arms.
I wish I could remember the name, it's on the tip of my tongue!
Scott Peterson had to wear one at some point.
Her lawyer is uh......imo....strange.

That lawyer is filing tomorrow to lower the bail. I hope to God (and I am praying!) that he doesn't get it lowered. The talking heads on Greta didn't seem to think he would. You are right. There are extenuating circumstances here and the judge has discretion. I pray it stands as is. She doesn't deserve to ever get out and I hope she doesn't. I know I have her tried and convicted but until she talks she needs to stay in jail.

Well, that is quite a post! However, I think the circumstances of this case dictated the Judge show some personal discretion which he did. He used his good sense to understand the facts of this case were unusual and would mean that he had to react to them. He could not take the chance that this mother would commit suicide (therefore preventing what happened in the Duckett case). He could not take the chance this mother would run because of her past history which he was looking at on the pages under his nose. He used the best judgement to make sure that this child had a chance of being found. I applaud him and wish there were more like him. :clap: He followed the law with his decision and that is all that anyone can ask. There were mitigating circumstances in this case. He did what he felt neccessary to keep her behind bars where she belongs until she is honest about where her child is.

Sorry, but no it doesn't ring a bell with me. There are many people who are more afraid of their parents for different reasons tho. Abuse and self-esteem issues are only two. This case has more to do with defiance the more we get into it, imo.

hmmm, knowing my family, it could have been one of them. Perhaps I should get out the family tree again....:read:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0807/24/ng.01.html

(snip)
GRACE: I`m sorry to report to you that they did not meet with police. Didn`t even get close to meeting with police. And Mr. Baez was set to clear all that up tonight. But about two minutes before air, just after the 911 tapes were released, he decided not to give a statement after hearing the 911 tapes.

He says -- here`s his statement. He hasn`t had time to review them but he is disappointed that the police are focusing and allowing the tapes to be distributed instead of looking for Caylee.

Dontchaknow it takes an ENTIRE police department to handle putting out a few 911 calls! They may even need the fire dept. help at times for such a thing.

WHY DOESN'T BAEZ HAVE HIS CLIENT TELL EVERYBODY WHERE CAYLEE IS??
Oh wait....it's much more important to second guess/question the police dept. The ONLY ones out looking for this baby girl. geeeeeeeeeeeeeez.
Review away doode.:liar::snooty:

But does that actually constitute missing? I guess it's possible she would have chosen a better phrase for it if not in such a dire time.....Missing to me makes me think of GONE --- without a trace. Unable to be called or texted even....:runaway:

I agree..........there was probably a better choice of words. Cindy doesn't explain things well. She probably should have said, "While I've spoken with Casey via cell phone, I didn't know where she was living or who she was living with. For the past month, I was under the impression she was living in another city." I guess Cindy viewed Casey as physically missing, but that's not clear to someone who hears her say, "My daughter has been missing for the past month."

What I find interesting is after reading the NG transcript and watching Greta, that even the defense attorney's aren't taking up for Casey here. They usually do it for a defendant to a fault. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Did hell freeze over or something?

In think, in Caylee's BEST INTEREST, her attorney should be trying to get a plea deal for his client. I also think the state of Florida should appoint an attorney for CAYLEE. If Caylee had her own attorney, then the attorneys could get together with the Prosecutor and work something out so this baby can be located.

I don't know how that works though, when they think the child is dead. BUT, that is not conclusive yet.

Salem

'zactly!
I also believe she is where she needs to be right now.
Even the Judge said today that he considers her to now be a huge flight risk.
"If" Caylee is dead (which I sadly believe she is) Casey may just well figure that she has 2 choices. Join Caylee or rot in prison.

Seeing Casey cry today, all I thought was "Geez, she feels sorry for herself that she's behind bars". I don't believe she was crying for Caylee.

:waitasec: Could some of her tears be because she was having to look her mom and dad in the eye for the first time since some of the facts have come out?

That would be tough....especially if you were easily intimidated by your mother AND guilty..

I don't think we'll see a change in Baez's stradegy until charges are made and he sees evidence at a prelim hearing.

What if the judge didn't want her bailed out in fear she would kill the one person who knows what happened to Caylee... herself?

Sly

That's the thing Sly. She is a suicide risk and a flight risk.
I for one, don't think she'd be sitting at home like a good detainee if let out on home confinement. She needs to stay put or put in psych for a while.

Oh slyyyyyy>>>>>>>:blowkiss:

That's the thing Sly. She is a suicide risk and a flight risk.
I for one, don't think she'd be sitting at home like a good detainee if let out on home confinement. She needs to stay put or put in psych for a while.

Oh slyyyyyy>>>>>>>:blowkiss:

Casey could also be dangerous to her parents. There is no telling what she's capable of.

That lawyer is filing tomorrow to lower the bail. I hope to God (and I am praying!) that he doesn't get it lowered. The talking heads on Greta didn't seem to think he would. You are right. There are extenuating circumstances here and the judge has discretion. I pray it stands as is. She doesn't deserve to ever get out and I hope she doesn't. I know I have her tried and convicted but until she talks she needs to stay in jail.

I agree that Casey needs to remain in jail at this time. I too worry about the Melinda Duckett case and what happened there.

I feel the judge in the bond hearing used wise judgment in setting bail high enough that it would be difficult to gain release.

I think that by next week the forensic results on the car may be made available and that will determine which way this case goes. Depending on those results, there may be new charges or no further charges.

I'm going to call it a night.
Hopefully Caylee will come home tomorrow...
G'night all!

http://www.wesh.com/news/16981540/detail.html

(snip)
In a news conference Thursday, Casey Anthony’s attorney, Jose Baez, confirmed that the Anthony family cannot come up with the $50,000 to bail their daughter out of jail.

On Tuesday Judge Stan Strickland set Casey Anthony’s bond at $500,000.
Baez filed a writ of habeas corpus with the Orange County court on Thursday. He is asking that Casey Anthony be released from prison, without bond, in order to aid in the search and investigation for Caylee.

Baez claimed that Casey Anthony's bond is 500 times the standard amount. He said he's looking to lower her bond to $10,000.

If turned down, he said he won't rule out appealing to a higher court.

I don't think we'll see a change in Baez's stradegy until charges are made and he sees evidence at a prelim hearing.

Think he'll make more sense then?

When he talks, my head spins and if a fly is around, he may land in my mouth!:eek:
Lawd, I don't know if I could take seeing him thru a whole trial.

Any high profile defense attornys available that know Nancy and Greta practicing in Fl.?
:crazy:

http://www.wesh.com/news/16981540/detail.html

(snip)
In a news conference Thursday, Casey Anthony’s attorney, Jose Baez, confirmed that the Anthony family cannot come up with the $50,000 to bail their daughter out of jail.

On Tuesday Judge Stan Strickland set Casey Anthony’s bond at $500,000.
Baez filed a writ of habeas corpus with the Orange County court on Thursday. He is asking that Casey Anthony be released from prison, without bond, in order to aid in the search and investigation for Caylee.

Baez claimed that Casey Anthony's bond is 500 times the standard amount. He said he's looking to lower her bond to $10,000.

If turned down, he said he won't rule out appealing to a higher court.

Hopefully, the results of the forensic examination of the car will be made prior to a hearing to reduce bail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste