Caylee Anthony 3 year old General discussion #104

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong, but I believe that even in giving up your rights to the child, you are still FINANCIALLY responsible for them until the reach the age of majority or are legally adopted. Until the child is legally adopted, I believe you are just giving up your rights to SEE and CARE for them on a daily basis. Can you just imagine how many parents would "relinquish their parental responsibilities" for their teenage monsters if it was that easy?! Maybe this is different for newborns...IDK?!

I was a family court lawyer for several years ... there are many cases where parents with children of all ages, including teenagers, petition the court successfully to voluntarily relinquish parental rights based on the child's continued demonstration of wanton and willful misbehavior or disregard for the law and when the family is considered at risk due to this behavior either financially, emotionally or physically. There are also successful petitions that come from ill equipped parents who may be suffering from mental illness or in some cases drug/alcohol dependency. It does eliminate, not only the parent's rights, but also their responsibilities ... financial, emotional, etc. Petitions are granted or denied based on the best interest of the child. It is very heartbreaking when this happens! Usually, the parents do not realize the permanence and finality of such a ruling and when their situation improves are often devastated to find their children are far out of their reach. The children are placed in the foster care system or if lucky, placed for adoption ... but that is rare. The emotional scars left on these children are deep and lasting ...

If there is never sufficient evidence that Caylee is deceased ... I believe that a state appointed guardian ad litem (if one is ever appointed) would likely have grounds to issue a Petition for Involuntary Relinquishment in Casey's situation ... but then again ... the state might make the GP's or Lee legal guardian of Caylee ...

Hope that this is helpful! I really hated being an attorney ... but sometimes, every once in a while, I find the knowledge I have useful!

http://www.ncsconline.org/WC/CourTopics/StateLinks.asp?id=83&topic=TermPr#Florida

Petition for Termination of Parental Rights Based on Involuntary Relinquishment

Statute: §29.806

Grounds: Abandonment or extreme parental disinterest, abuse/neglect, felony conviction/incarceration, failure of reasonable efforts, sexual abuse, abuse/neglect or loss of rights of another child, child judged in need of services/dependent, child’s best interest, child in care 15 of 22 months (or less), felony assault of child or sibling, murder/manslaughter of sibling child, egregious conduct, voluntary relinquishment, identity or location of parent(s) unknown.

Exceptions: State may elect not to file petition if: 1) child being cared for by relative who chooses not to adopt; 2) court determines that filing not in best interest of child; 3) state has not provided services deemed necessary for safe return of child.

It may be the attention though that let's the slip out and gives LE the big break.

Salem

For me the affadavits just state more questions, some of them cleverly disguised. They do state a few facts but they also state hearsay. I was trying to bring up the fact that a lot of people may be taking things as fact that have not been established yet. I was no trying to get on anyone's bad side, and I was not debating the issue of whether Caylee is dead. I have stated my belief enough times. I understand that everyone has their own opinions, some people are open minded and others will go to downright scary lengths to defend their positions. And at the end of the day, someone has to be right. Hopefully it is someone that believes that Caylee is alive. If it's not then we all cry a little, those of us that thought she was alive lick our wounded pride and we all move on. Most everyone has been pushing for a stick to the facts approach and I believe it's a good idea. the only problem being that there are very few real, verified facts. I understand that emotions are running high and by now most people have an opinion, but if you are depending on the facts alone, it is a little difficult to form an opinion because there is almost no info.
~steps off the soapbox~

Not My Kids: While I certainly appreciate your frustrtion with not too many "facts" that would survive all of the various legal objections to their admission during any trial of this matter, such as hearsay, etc., I only mention that at this stage in any missing persons case (i.e., LE hasn't even been able to bring formal charges about what actually happened to the baby Caylee,) absent a signed confession or statement of sorts by a POI that leads to some discovery (neither of which we have in this case,) all you ever really have are the like of what's contained in the affidavits. Making this particular matter more difficult is that the few things Casey initially said were mostly all false, so it's like all LE could do with what she gave them is try to disprove a negative - which in the legal world is tough to do. So, unless we're to wait until the actual trial itself to do our "work" in trying to help where we can with the what/where/when of what happened to little Caylee, all we'll ever have are the "facts" as contained in affidavits, etc.

What concerns me is all of the attention she will be getting from the media if she gets out. Especially once she is able to talk without being recorded and spin her lies. I can see her coming up with some more rediculous scenarios to gain some sympathy, even if she is not the one saying anything, we know that all she has to do is tell her mom and she will do the spinning for poor Casey. Wouldn't it be great if the media would ostracize her and her family and just stick to the info they are getting from outside sources. God knows that everything they say is insubstantial anyways. The only way it will do any good to listen to them is the slim chance that they will slip up and do or say something incriminating. Given Casey's assumed narcissistic tendencies lack of attention when combined with the defacing attention of seeing her life and lies picked apart, she no doubt will lose it in some shape or form. I am not necessarily hoping for her or anyone else to suffer or "lose it", I guess I just don't think she deserves to be fed with attention.
Of course she doesn't deserve to be fed with attention. She had better wear a bullet proof vest if she leaves her home. Not a threat on my part, but she is in major doo-doo.

The point of getting her out of jail, if that ever happens, is to have her talk to someone she trusts. Obviously, LE is not being "responsive" to her lack of information.

I'm interested in the backpacks found. and the clothing. Are they relevant to this case?

where is the carseat? So many questions, so little information. JMO.

How many reporters do we really need to see getting blown around? Lotta bang for the network buck IMO!

I wanna B-slap 'em when I see them doing that. They all started it after their king, Dan Rather did it. (Before his dethrone) I think it makes the kids think it is OK to do. The cameraman needs more glory too.

I am getting about 15 mph steady with 30 gusts so I feel lucky.

Did Cindy question the phone company's billing? I thought she had said that the OCSD had misread it and then Nancy Grace changed it to questioning the phone company. NG will do that if it is bigger drama. Did I miss something?

Verrrry interesting.... and I don't understand why I am not privy to this info!:crazy:

you are lol..look in the Tony Padilla thread. I asked him about the private hold and if that was holding things up...someone else asked him what it was..I knew he wouldn't tell so I didn't ask that lol.

Of course she doesn't deserve to be fed with attention. She had better wear a bullet proof vest if she leaves her home. Not a threat on my part, but she is in major doo-doo.

The point of getting her out of jail, if that ever happens, is to have her talk to someone she trusts. Obviously, LE is not being "responsive" to her lack of information.

I'm interested in the backpacks found. and the clothing. Are they relevant to this case?

where is the carseat? So many questions, so little information. JMO.

there was one in the 98 Pontiac at the tow yard/Anthony home -- :bang:

This is the email address of the host to the "helpfindcaylee" website. sguiliano@atlantic.net

I sent an email this morning asking about the site etc. No word back, but it has only been a couple of hours.

I just sent one too - let's bombard them with emails asking why the site is down and see if any of us gets an answer.

That was a newborn baby...I can see how that could be done, but Caylee was almost 3...it would have been harder for her to just "accept" her new family. She'd want to go home to what was familiar to her.

In my case it was a one yr.old.......& the *new parents* fought the family (& mother) for months.....but did eventually give-up, (after *official investigation*)

A couple desperate for a child *might* not consider what Caylee wanted....

you are lol..look in the Tony Padilla thread. I asked him about the private hold and if that was holding things up...someone else asked him what it was..I knew he wouldn't tell so I didn't ask that lol.

I mean, I am privy that there is a hold... but I WANNA be privy to what exactly it is (along with everything else we don't know!) ... LOL! Have you gotten an answer from him yet??

Is Tony Padilla the nephew of the Bounty Hunter? This is getting too confusing.

This child will never be found. Thanks to the stupid of actions of her mom.

:praying:MD - I too am a paranoid mom thinking that someone could take my child at any time. In Kindergarten this past year, it was severly stressed that these children know their full name, address and phone number. Another thing they stressed which I never thought of was their (AREA CODE) in case they are ever taken out of state. I feel comfortable now knowing my daughter know's her information. Now we move on to who strangers are. It scares her sometimes, but that's okay with me. When a car comes up the street, she walks on to the grass and stays by me.

Yes we are working on the address stuff now with my dd she is 3 1/2 and is having a hard time remembering all of it. I've also told her that she only tells it when asked...no spouting it out for no reason. I mean if someone asked she would tell but of course BUT I don't want us to be at a park or other public place and her spout out her last name. I am 1 of 2 people with that last name in the state so it would be easy to track me down and in return track her down. My daughter is SO outgoing and friendly that it scares me. She isn't shy in the least bit. It's going to be tough for me to decipher for her..who are strangers. I mean if we are at the park or something I talk to other moms...it's such a fine line.

About the only theory I haven't seen put forth in this case is

"THE BUTLER DID IT".

It may be the attention though that let's the slip out and gives LE the big break.

Salem

As far as we know, Casey sitting in jail has not been conducive to getting any reliable information. I've heard the definition of stupidity is to continue doing the same thing and expect a different outcome. Maybe her getting bailed out will help somehow with finding Caylee, it's not going to be the same situation as it was the first 31 days.
I also don't think she will get far if she runs. IMO there are too many people out there just like us, who will be watching all the time. I know if she lived in my neighborhood, I would get my friends together, and we would be doing 24/7 stakeout.
Lanie

Is Tony Padilla the nephew of the Bounty Hunter? This is getting too confusing.

This child will never be found. Thanks to the stupid of actions of her mom.

Yes, he is the bailbondsman and nephew of Leonard Padilla. Leonard Padilla is the bounty hunter.

There was NOT a car seat in the Pontiac. No car seat has ever been found. LE even checked pawn shops, etc.

Double check that...IRRC someone found info stating otherwise. I know that info you posted was on a news report..I'm not positive that it is 100% correct though.

If the trunk remained closed in the Florida heat, the general opinion is that the odor would have intensified.

I live in Clearwater, Fl, if I leave a damp towel or swimsuit in a car for 24 hours, the stench is barely tolerabel. It sticks around for a while too, unlessi get the de-ionizing spray out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member