Caylee Anthony 3 year old General discussion #104

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Just a quick thought. Anyone else get the feeling that Baez is just pushing LE to see if they have enough to get Casey for murder?

Hi all,
Just a quick thought. Anyone else get the feeling that Baez is just pushing LE to see if they have enough to get Casey for murder?

That is exactly what he is doing. He is using Padilla to get them to show their hand. There's no way Baez really wants Casey and her mouth out of jail that just asking for trouble.

Hi all,

I do think he was trying to push their hand. We'll see if she actually gets out. I think I'm in the minority in thinking she is going to get out because LE is not ready to charge yet. Without a body (I hate typing that and don't think they have found Caylee yet), they have to have beyond a smidgen of doubt before they can take it to trial. And with the publicity of this case, they need to have all of the questions answered without a doubt before even attempting to bring it before a jury.

Hi all,

Baez already filed a motion for discovery so the DA has to turn over whatever they have.
IMO, Baez is pulling this because he wants to gain sympathy for Casey, wants her out before there is no bond or such a high bond that she won't be able to get out in case of additional charges.

I do think he was trying to push their hand. We'll see if she actually gets out. I think I'm in the minority in thinking she is going to get out because LE is not ready to charge yet. Without a body (I hate typing that and don't think they have found Caylee yet), they have to have beyond a smidgen of doubt before they can take it to trial. And with the publicity of this case, they need to have all of the questions answered without a doubt before even attempting to bring it before a jury.

I think they are just waiting for the Grand Jury.

I just heard (on Fox or Headline News) that Cindy said "Casey doesn't know where Caylee is"

Hi all,

I think Baez isn't getting answers either, and is part of the plan to get her to talk. The plan is Padilla, so let's see what happens. Baez has a good feeling here I think that his client is guilty, but other than a huge potential profit (wish a judge would make details private so can't be released in a book or movie someday) he wants her to talk to someone to get more information.

The Padilla thing is such a huge setup, it appeals to all of Casey's needs. Add a couple drinks in a "welcome home party" and maybe she would slip up to someone.

Baez already filed a motion for discovery so the DA has to turn over whatever they have.
IMO, Baez is pulling this because he wants to gain sympathy for Casey, wants her out before there is no bond or such a high bond that she won't be able to get out in case of additional charges.

Yeah but I think that discovery is just for the current charges of neglect. He using Padilla to push the murder charge. He wants to see if they have enough to charge.

I did! And what about how defensive Lee got when Padilla said something about "she did something stupid". He didn't like that at all.

I noticed that too Tracey. When he said "she did something stupid" Lee said "well your making assumptions right there!" IMO, thats not an assumption..thats a fact! lol

Last night's Greta was hard to take, this seems like a bizarre caricature of a desperate family in the middle of a search for their little lost child and I have little hope. Trying to put a better spin on something I oppose: MAYBE the defense team has and is now starting to execute a "plan." It required getting CA out of jail as the jump-off point. When conventional means failed, more desperate measures were required. The whole "show" of spokesperson/bounty hunters will lose them some support, since many will find it distasteful, but they have very limited choices at this point. Baez uses the bounty hunter and vice versa. BH isn't willing to waste forever on this or to garner endless bad publicity that he didn't "break" Casey, so now we can expect dramatic results in 5-7 days. The "plan" aspect is to have a well-staged breakthrough, once CA feels supported and safe with true believers to help her and safely act on her behalf to find Caylee. You know, unlike all of LE and the FBI. I admit, in my court of my own opinion, I think CA knows what happened to Caylee and her current whereabouts or resting place, and this could be "discovered" by our intrepid investigators while blaming any wrongdoing on third parties. It's very risky, but that would be my best case scenario, in that Caylee would be found. What I really expect is silence, but you never know. If CA is has convinced herself she is the heroine/victim in this story, maybe in the crazy media atmosphere she won't be able to shut up.

I think I'm confused here. If he filed for discovery, it would only be on what she has been currently charged with, not anything possibly pending in the future. So they wouldn't have to turn over anything other than proof that she endangered her child and proof that she has interfered in an investigation. He also requested the credentials on the dogs. But other than that, he doesn't get squat.

I am starting to think they may never find a body. She is not going to tell, she is just going to let everyone go on a chase looking. I would not put it passed her family to try and help her run. She is going to tell them she is in danger..........from the BH.....

I just heard (on Fox or Headline News) that Cindy said "Casey doesn't know where Caylee is"

First they say that Casey knows exactly who has her and where she is. Now they say Casey doesn't know where she is. They can't have it both ways.

I noticed that too Tracey. When he said "she did something stupid" Lee said "well your making assumptions right there!" IMO, thats not an assumption..thats a fact! lol

Yeah, he didn't seem to appreciate Padilla saying that at all. He just seemed really uncomfortable talking to this "character" to me. And as for her doing "something stupid" - that was the understatement of a lifetime.

I think I'm confused here. If he filed for discovery, it would only be on what she has been currently charged with, not anything possibly pending in the future. So they wouldn't have to turn over anything other than proof that she endangered her child and proof that she has interfered in an investigation. He also requested the credentials on the dogs. But other than that, he doesn't get squat.

That's what I thought also.

Baez said that last night. Heck, if she don't know why let her out. I will get a kick out of watching her go back to jail, wonder if she will smile like the first time. That is the only good thing that will come out of this, her return.

LE keeps saying the parents are cooperating with the investigation so could it be possible they are bugging the house to see if she gives her parents any info while home or maybe slips up some how? She isn't saying anything in jail because it's blasted all over the news. Just thought I would throw that out there.

I think Baez isn't getting answers either, and is part of the plan to get her to talk. The plan is Padilla, so let's see what happens. Baez has a good feeling here I think that his client is guilty, but other than a huge potential profit (wish a judge would make details private so can't be released in a book or movie someday) he wants her to talk to someone to get more information.

The Padilla thing is such a huge setup, it appeals to all of Casey's needs. Add a couple drinks in a "welcome home party" and maybe she would slip up to someone.

I think the reason Baez isn't concerned and, in fact, seems happy for Casey to be sent home is that now Casey, the family and her attorneys can collaborate on her defense together and make sure they're all on the same page. I hate to think that way, but I do. :(

I dont know how to do links, but here is the info I got off of Boston Chronicles website.....

Casey has changed her story, as has her attorney, claiming the date she gave police as the day her daughter disappeared is false and that Casey was lacking the guidance of an attorney at the time. Apparently Caylee disappeared "much later" than the date Casey gave authorities, perhaps even early July. The grandmother Cindy, however, says Caylee was gone on June 15th.

Casey was also seen partying with friends on July 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg