DNA Solves

If Caylee drowned in the Anthony's pool would they have taken the pool down

• Yes

Votes: 239 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 34 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My youngest is a couple of months younger than Caylee was in June 2008 and he can dress himself and put shoes on if there are no tricky buttons, zippers and shoelaces so I don't necessarily see it as absurd that a two year old could have been able dress herself to some degree. If Casey was the sort of mother who let her out playing on the balcony on her own and let her open doors to strangers and otherwise fend for herself Caylee might have had plenty of opportunities to try and learn to dress herself when mom couldn't be bothered to help.

But I think the Big trouble shirt was a very specific message so Caylee probably didn't choose it herself.

I think your son is probably a bit advanced. I have three boys under four and am the aunt to other little boys, and it's rare that a child could dress completely and do their own hair, in case of a girl, before three.

Besides, that's not really my point, ultimately. Why WOULD she have gotten dressed? If she was capable of dressing herself, then she probably had the mental ability to know you don't go into the pool in your clothes. She probably would have attempted to put her own little bathing suit on. Or just went out in her diaper/pullup.

I don't have the stomach to watch the Baez opening again, but didn't he say Caylee woke up and went out there? It's a stretch to say she could have gone out and somehow gotten into the pool without at least alerting George. Wouldn't she had said "JoJo, I want to go to the pool?" Baez' scenario just doesn't make much sense in terms of what I know of toddlers. My son, Caylee's age, would grab my hand and try to drag me outside. Caylee was in the pool a lot. She knew she had assitance. She knew she wore a bathing suit. Maybe she would have tried to get KC and maybe KC blew her off, but that's giving too much thought to a senseless theory.

The timeline from acandyrose illustrates how precisely wacky the theory is. It's just illogical.

And OT in this thread, I know--but did KC ever admit to stealing Amy's cash after she claimed Amy must have sleepwalked? Will that and the other theft get in front of the jury?

The drowning theory became implausible due to Baez's opening statements and Cindy Anthony's 5/28 tesimony, imo.

To believe that Caylee drowned at this point, you have to believe that:

1. Caylee was able to get through the doors with child safety lock's left unsecured OR walked outside and around through the gate
2. Cindy left the ladder attached to the pool and ready to climb, against the normal routine and Cindy's sworn testimony
3. Both Casey and George were at home and didn't notice all of the activity Caylee would have had to undertake just to get to the pool
4. Both Casey and George thought of looking under beds and inside closets (safe hiding places) before thinking of the pool - even though they were panic-stricken when they noticed Caylee wasn't present in the house
5. George Anthony is a cold son of beach who cared more about chastising his daugther and cowering from his wife than he did about attempting to save (or at least honor) his grandaughter Caylee
6. George Anthony, for someone unknown reason at some unknown time, put Caylee's body in the trunk of Casey's car rather than hiding it more discreetly immediately after her death (unless you believe the rotten pizza theory and that Caylee was never in the trunk)
7. George Anthony is such a cold son of a beach that he could find his granddaughter dead, duct tape her mouth and nose, do something (who knows what) with sweet Caylee's body and then go into work as if nothing was wrong immediately thereafter...
8. Casey Anthony lives in fear of her parents; despite all evidence showing that she ran the show, deceived and manipulated everyone, and had no fear whatsoever of getting caught lying, stealing from friends and family, cheating on her boyfriends...

If you can't believe all of the above DT contentions, then there is no longer anyway to believe that Caylee drowned in the pool, imo. If she had really drowned, it would have been an accident that could be explained rather easily.

I think Casey drugged her child out of jealousy and burden, duct taped her nose and mouth, possibly hid her on Anthony property temporarily, eventually transferred the sweet angel into her trunk, went about shopping and carousing and having a "grand ole time", later tossed her baby's body near her childhood pet cemetary (which I find quite symbolic), and then continued to lie and lie and lie and lie and lie.... Zero concern for Caylee; zero concern for her family; zero concern for her boyfriend(s); zero concerns for LE resources taken away from truly missing children; zero concern for searchers and search organizations; zero concern for Florida tax payers.....

Imo, this should be a death penalty case. I used to think LWOP would be fine and just. Ironically, it is Casey (via Baez's opening statements) that pushed me forward into thinking the death penalty would be fair and just in this case. I don't think Casey will get the DP and I can't say I relish seeing anyone put to death, but I really wish she'd get it just so she could spend years and years in isolation rather than in general population. I believe Casey is in a league of her own - I've said it before and I'm more convinced of it as more information is revealed. I truly believe she would be able to manipulate and rule the roost even in women's prison (con artists can work any system - I can even see Casey seducing a guard or two for special privledges). I'd rather see Casey on death row with 23 hours a day alone; nothing but memories of what she's done and her crazy litte fantasies. Justice for Caylee...

I listened to JB's opening last night since I missed it on Tuesday and just got the highlights. He is claiming George put the duct tape on Caylee to make it look like a murder to frame Casey. I don't think we have all the info on RK just yet. I know he thinks a lot of his expert in botany that will refute the states expert and prove Caylee was moved or not found where she was originally placed. He did mention the private detectives, LE searchers, etc. all having been in that area and didn't find her. He's back to the area being under water for only 10 days, etc. and CA saying she sent people there and Caylee wasn't found. He has something in mind imo that involves DC and JH. Perhaps placement of the remains or something of that nature. He said if as according to Kronk the skull rolled out of the bag it wouldn't have been the way it was found. Kronk said it rolled out of the bag then he said it was under the bag. Could just be a tactic to make LE look bad because he wasn't investigated and JB claims RK said LE told him to keep quiet about the other reports.

LOL...if George was trying to frame KC he could have sunk her beyond redemption three years ago and any time since. I don't know of any parent who could have been more supportive of a murderous daughter than George and Cindy. In fact, we have been lambasting them for the last 3 years for living in denial not to mention just how does someone frame another for an accident.....

Could the non chemical that the Anthonys used be detected in Caylee remains if there was an accidental drowning?

I asked about that in another thread and was informed that since Caylee had been cremated, it obviously wouldn't be possible to cut into the bone to test for the pool chemicals. This test wouldn't have been part of a standard autopsy and I don't think the coroner would have thought to order this special test (due to the duct tape). Guessing that the chemicals wouldn't be detectable in ashes either.

I'm thinking Mr. Baez researched this a bit before floating the drowning theory. It can't be proven or disproven scientifically (if I understand correctly)...:banghead:

JMO...

I did not hear that Caylee drowned in the morning....just that she drowned in the pool on June 16th. IF she drowned on the MORNING of June 16th, then George's testimony about seeing her and Casey leaving the house at 1:50 p.m. on the 16th cannot be true.

I wouldn't assume Georges testimony to be untruthful, when it comes to lying there is none more prolific and bizarre than our Damsel of Deception. So far, from computer and cell phone usage by KC there was nothing out of the ordinary happening in the Anthony household that day.

The whole "daddy framed me for an accident and I had to go to my happy place and party cuz he molested meeeeeee" theory JB put forth sounds like it was invented by an eight-year-old who watched a movie and proof-read by a ten-year-old who didn't. Oh wait, I think it was.

I asked about that in another thread and was informed that since Caylee had been cremated, it obviously wouldn't be possible to cut into the bone to test for the pool chemicals. This test wouldn't have been part of a standard autopsy and I don't think the coroner would have thought to order this special test (due to the duct tape). Guessing that the chemicals wouldn't be detectable in ashes either.

I'm thinking Mr. Baez researched this a bit before floating the drowning theory. It can't be proven or disproven scientifically (if I understand correctly)...:banghead:

JMO...

There was only bone left, she wasn't exposed to any chemical for long enough at the age of 2.5 for any chemical to have migrated to the bone.

:twocents: IIRC the oracle of debacle (not Oracle of Delphi!), JB, stated that the State of Florida's OME:rocker: NEGLECTED to test for chlorine which of course would be in the bones of the accidentally drowned Caylee. :banghead::banghead: This statement is unique since the family pool of the Anthony's was protected by the Baquacil system, a NON-CHLORINE based system. And then there's the ingestion time frame as the chlorine ions flowed into the bone marrow since that's the sum total of porous tissue remaining, but that's another discussion for another day:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

With WS, we try to go on fact. Therefore, for the last week there has been quite a bit of discussion on pool chemicals. Can someone please post a link as to that someone was disposed/proof of they used a biguanide in their pool by either testimony or photos of the shed which contained the products (and didn't use chlorine...the brand being stated is Baquacil by Arch Chemicals......although Softswim by BioLab is comparable).

Otherwise - I have done searches on posts and cannot find the original basis for this which is now widely accepted on this discussion board and want to take to grounding if I may. IMHO, I really did search quite some time for such before I posted this question and I cannot find anywhere this is stated/documented. TIA!

I wouldn't assume Georges testimony to be untruthful, when it comes to lying there is none more prolific and bizarre than our Damsel of Deception. So far, from computer and cell phone usage by KC there was nothing out of the ordinary happening in the Anthony household that day.

I was just responding to another poster who said that Casey and Biaz had boxed themselves into a corner by saying that Caylee drowned on the MORNING of June 16th. I did not hear Jose Biaz say it was the morning hours...just that it was the 16th of June. He didn't specify the time of day to my knowledge. Wonder if the poster I was responding to heard it differently than I did. :waitasec:

JMO...

TY, my reason for asking is that JB is making a big deal about how the ME did not test for chlorine on the remains and yet, he also had an opportunity (one he fought for IIR) to have his own expert examine the remains. I am wondering, if his expert and the ME did not test for the chemicals used in that pool (JB says chlorine but that is because he is JB and does not do his homework, and Anthony's claim they used whatever that "other" thing was in pool) AND JB did not have his own expert look for any signs or evidence of either, how then can JB say this is the COD??? And further - how can he then boo hoo about ME not looking for any evidence of drowning when he did not even have his OWN expert look for the same?? If this is what his defense was, you would think that is something he would immediately have asked his expert to try to determine, and yet we see no indication he has.

JB gets chance to have his own expert examine remains prior to cremation. Expert does not look for chlorine OR the actual chemical A s say they use in their pool um, hello, when exactly did your client divulge this supposed drowning event to you? After all evidence had been cremated? Interesting.

ICA is her own worst enemy. If Caylee did drown accidentally, not even going into the rest of JB's ridiculous hypothesis, that defendant would be way too stupid to have pulled off the tower of lies attributed to her.

I personally don't believe that. She is stupid, but very clever IMO.

I was just responding to another poster who said that Casey and Biaz had boxed themselves into a corner by saying that Caylee drowned on the MORNING of June 16th. I did not hear Jose Biaz say it was the morning hours...just that it was the 16th of June. He didn't specify the time of day to my knowledge. Wonder if the poster I was responding to heard it differently than I did. :waitasec:

Baez said [ paraphrasing here , but very close to exact wording] :

In the early morning hours, or in the afternoon, we do not know exactly when,
well, it was in the morning....

He actually said "in the afternoon, no probably in the morning" in his opening statement..

The accidential drowning and tying George into the cover-up is pure Casey bs IMO.

This is what she told JB happened. She pulled George into it because she was truly angry at him for his Grand Jury testimony.

Haven't we heard Geoge told investigators that the smell of death in the trunk was familiar to himself from his days as a cop? Surely, Casey heard about George, her own father, saying this and she was out to get him for sharing that information and pointing the finger at her. How dare he tell cops he thinks there might have been a dead body in the trunk!

She writes letters to inmate pals and tells them he molested her, another way for her to punish him for his story about the trunk smelling like human decomposition. She knew the contents of the letter would be released and hurt him.

When it comes time for the trial, she further decides to get back at her father for his testimony so she names him as being the mastermind of a cover up for a drowning accident, which when you think about it allowed her to admit Caylee was dead all along but conviently leaves Casey innocent of causing Caylee's death in the first place.

She tied it all into a neat little story that puts her in an innocent light, explains why there was no Caylee for 31 days and why she had to lie and ultimately puts the worst part on George's shoulder. Claiming it was an accidential drowning would have been enough. But she had to punish him for his betrayal.

And, Baez buys her story, cause he has nothing else to defend her with and lays it all out in his opening statement. So while trying to convience the jury she is innocent of murder, he is now also doing his best to prove George is the bad guy in the aftermath of Caylee's death

The End

I don't remember if it was her brother or her ex fiancee that said in an interview that there was always a grain of truth in her lies. I was married to a pathological liar for 9 years, and that was my experience, take a minute grain of truth and weave a web of lies around it.

That is why I am going with drowning, the only truthful part of what she said.
Not accidental, but drowning.

I also reread the Susan Smith trial, which I'm sure JB read too. I noted that an observation of the shrinks about murdering moms is that they frequently
dispose the body in a womb like manner, submerging in water or carefully wrapping in plastic and that the body is usually within 10 miles of the home.

Really, I thought my ex was the best liar in the world, but she has him beat, even though he was male, liars and sociopaths sure do share a lot of the same characteristics. I am so glad my kids and I got away from him while we were still alive.

I don't remember if it was her brother or her ex fiancee that said in an interview that there was always a grain of truth in her lies. I was married to a pathological liar for 9 years, and that was my experience, take a minute grain of truth and weave a web of lies around it.

That is why I am going with drowning, the only truthful part of what she said.
Not accidental, but drowning.

I also reread the Susan Smith trial, which I'm sure JB read too. I noted that an observation of the shrinks about murdering moms is that they frequently
dispose the body in a womb like manner, submerging in water or carefully wrapping in plastic and that the body is usually within 10 miles of the home.

Really, I thought my ex was the best liar in the world, but she has him beat, even though he was male, liars and sociopaths sure do share a lot of the same characteristics. I am so glad my kids and I got away from him while we were still alive.

I am not convinced of drowning-In fact, I think that the reason KC did not "break" earlier on is because she knew that she'd have to take police to a body that an autopsy would prove had NOT been drowned.
Now, I could go with your suggestion, that she purposefully drowned her and perhaps the manner in which she did it would still lead police to believe it was murder....like maybe she drugged her and taped her and then put her in the pool....and if KC told them it was an accident, maybe she thought they would detect chloroform and she'd be busted.

I am struggling to recall after all this time, but weren't some of the clothing of Caylee recovered? Would any of these fragments have been tested for the presence of chlorine IF she accidentally drowned in the pool?

The "drowning in the pool" story defies logic. According to George, he last saw Caylee with Casey going o(ff to "pretend work" in the early afternoon, in jean shorts, t-shirt with her shoes on and carrying her backpack. Near her remains were found her little white striped shorts and the pink shirt "big trouble comes in small packages." Are they trying to say they changed her into her clothes out of her bathing suit after she "drowned" ??.... . (before Kronk took her of course . . .)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska
Back