DNA Solves

If Caylee drowned in the Anthony's pool would they have taken the pool down

• Yes

Votes: 239 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 34 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I always felt the duct tape was Casey's attempt at making Caylee's disappearance/death look like a kidnapping/abduction.

THREE layers??? Wow, even if it was an accident (which I do not believe at all) wouldn`t she have to be awfully cold hearted and evil to be able to do that to her own baby in any circumstance? :(

Some have postulated that KC intended to kill George and Cindy from get-go. After today, and what she's trying to do to her dad, I can believe it.

That is exactly what I'm saying. And now, this is her attempt to get rid of him any way she can. This for the man who sheltered her under his roof when she should have been out earning her own living and has been feeding her commissary account for three years. Unbelievable.

MOO

This is going to backfire so much; they are right- accidents happen. But people don't respond the way she did. I don't care what upbringing you had. Just one more lie on top of all the others

So I wonder why did ICA nod at the statement that the duct tape was used to kill Caylee if she drowned in the pool?

And WHY was she not at all suspicious of GA after finding him with her dead body? I mean..ummm...if my father had sexually molested me all my life and then I saw him carrying my dead daughter "claiming" that she drown, I might be a *tad* bit suspicious....

Crazy. Train.

The ME will give her opinion of when the tape was applied. If Caylee drowned, they would have to wait until her hair was dry for the tape to stick like it did. iirc, Caylee was found with a hair tie in her hair. It takes awhile for tied up hair to dry, probably much longer than when the ME will say the tape was applied. Oh, and the mandible was closed when the tape was applied. If they waited for the hair to dry, it's quite possible the jaw would have been open and thus, out of it's anatomical position.

Can anyone reconcile all this with the ping maps for that day. This confuses me. ICA's phone pings nowhere near the Anthony house and Ping 15 for that day (8:46 am - 11:47 am) shows her being 9 minutes away by car.

Haven't looked at the pings in so long but I'm sure they showed that she was home (or very near) until around 4 pm that afternoon.

Can anyone reconcile all this with the ping maps for that day. This confuses me. ICA's phone pings nowhere near the Anthony house and Ping 15 for that day (8:46 am - 11:47 am) shows her being 9 minutes away by car.

Haven't looked at the pings in so long but I'm sure they showed that she was home (or very near) until around 4 pm that afternoon.
Here is the ping discussion for that day.
PLease make sure you take the ping discussion up there if you are going to get into some analysis.If it is just a jumping off point or reference,discussion here is totally fine.
Thanks.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73218"]Ping Map for June 16, 2008 - Discuss that day only. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I have to wonder where opinions would be regarding this case had NG not had her opinions and show, or the media in general...or more importantly, what would opinions be had there been no sunshine law?.

snipped with respect.

I do not follow NG...I think her show is purely an entertainment show and she slimes over facts and sensationalizes the minute details of whatever she is covering. But there are certain un-sensationalized facts that are very hard to deal with...the 31 days, the nanny, all the lies leading up to the 31 days, the lies to LE etc etc etc. You could say it is cover up...but why?? So far they have not proven the abuse. And the video taped conversations from jail suggest a completely different dynamic in that household to me.

That all being said, I also believe that Caylee drowned in the pool...I have always thought that. If the defense had shut up at "it was an accident" and finished with "she was scared and lied to cover it up" I would have bought it hook line and sinker. These other distractions just don't read true to me. The prosecution has a job to do here - and I really think we're looking at LWOP if anything. I think the jurors would much rather believe the pool theory (easier to swallow) and the SA can't actually say 'no it wasn't the pool, it was XYZ" ....XYZ is really an assumption you get to based on all sorts of OTHER evidence - no purely COD evidence. We know she died via non-natural causes but not exactly what non-natural causes. Could be pool - there's your reasonable doubt.

Agreed. What would have been the reason not to? Plus, the theory gave no details of that day other than George yelling at KC about not watching Caylee. What about CPR attempts or any of the chaos surrounding an event like that.

I think the reason not to call was that she was in the pool for a considerable amount of time - bloated etc and the condition of her body would have shown great negligence on Casey's part...who doesn't notice their 2 year old missing for hours? etc. That's where the coverup would have to begin...."everyone will know I wasn't watching her !"

JB came up with this theory, in part, to explain away the high levels chloroform in the trunk. He will try to link the two together. Good Luck with that is all I have to say. Dr. Vass is 10,000 times more credible than JB and DT.

It just occurred to me that Caylee was old enough and had swam all her life, that she would know that before you go in the pool you should put on your swimming suit. Why then if she waundered off and jumped in and drowned in the pool was she not found in a swim suit, but in regular clothes? Something weird about that...she was smart little girl, she knew she shouldn't go in the pool in clothes (?) don't you think?

The pool theory really bothered me.

I don't believe in the pool story at all!

I have a friend who is a nurse. She had a birthday pool party for her daughter years ago.

An 18 month old little girl drowned in the pool. I wasn't there, but learned that the mom and the little girl's mother were folding up towels and one of the little girl's brother saw the baby slip into the water. My friend ) tried CPR on the baby, and 911 was called by another mom within seconds of learning of the baby in the water. Unfortunately to no avail the baby passed away. The story made the local news. It was determined to be an accidental death.

I don't buy the pool theory because so many of the mom's there were devastated, they had no reason to cover up. Saving a baby's life was all they were thinking about.

It sickens me that JB would even go there...

My friend is filled with remorse, guilt and has to carry this the rest of her life. No way GA wouldn't report Caylee drowning. I believe Caylee was the love of his life.

Giving thoughtful consideration to the "defense strategy" I looked at the dynamics of the Nilton Diaz case. Looking at it through eyes focused on the KC case, seeing his "strategy" brings up a unique dichotomy between what he has said in the past, and what he is arguing now.

JB is simply recycling a strategy he used in another case which FAILED!

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2008-04-23/news/ldiaz23_1_silva-baez-diaz
But defense lawyers Baez and Jonathan Kasen said they intend to attack the state's case by assailing detective Dan Conlee for zeroing in too quickly on Diaz, by criticizing the work of a medical examiner and by accusing the young mother.

So in the KC case that would translate into Yuri Melich, Dr. G., and SODDI (selected from a pool of names the defense seems to be compiling) now known to be GA.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2008-04-30/news/ldiaz30_1_child-abuse-lying-child-aggravated-child

Wolf testified that the child's injury was so severe, she most likely would have been "immediately unconscious."
That belief is the linchpin of the state's case.
Diaz was alone with the child about 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 11, 2006. He has said he was shaving when he noticed the toddler prone on the bedroom floor, twitching.
The child had been watching cartoons in the bedroom when her mother left briefly to run an errand at a nearby grocery.

The mother was gone for less than 10 minutes and returned to find her daughter in the care of paramedics at a neighbor's house on Wilkinson Drive in the Four Corners area of Lake County. Diaz had carried her there looking for help.

It just occurred to me that Caylee was old enough and had swam all her life, that she would know that before you go in the pool you should put on your swimming suit. Why then if she waundered off and jumped in and drowned in the pool was she not found in a swim suit, but in regular clothes? Something weird about that...she was smart little girl, she knew she shouldn't go in the pool in clothes (?) don't you think?

In an above-ground pool no less, where she would have had to climb a ladder to get in......

Recalling the jail visit where Cindy asked KC if Lake County had anything to do with Caylee.

JB represented Nilton Diaz.....in LAKE COUNTY.

just listened to the opening statement by JB (finally!)

I didnt realize that he claimed GA just comes into ICAs bedroom demanding to know where Caylee is? Why would he be panicked if she could have been hanging out with her mom in the other room? THEN they look all over the house and yard...after he had ALREADY been panicking? pffffft.

I think the reason not to call was that she was in the pool for a considerable amount of time - bloated etc and the condition of her body would have shown great negligence on Casey's part...who doesn't notice their 2 year old missing for hours? etc. That's where the coverup would have to begin...."everyone will know I wasn't watching her !"

According to LDB today in her opening, she remarked on the short window of time between the time something happened to Caylee and her departure from the house. GA must have left for work somewhere around 2:15 pm to 2:30pm for a 3pm shift start. She was gone from the house around 4pm IIRC. So, if it was a pool accident, she wasn't in the water long enough for bloating, etc.

I just want to say Thank you to all the posters during the day and those of you with screen captures! I can't comment during the day soo TYTYTYTY!!! and esp for the pics!!!

According to LDB today in her opening, she remarked on the short window of time between the time something happened to Caylee and her departure from the house. GA must have left for work somewhere around 2:15 pm to 2:30pm for a 3pm shift start. She was gone from the house around 4pm IIRC. So, if it was a pool accident, she wasn't in the water long enough for bloating, etc.

...and (sorry I;m just checking in after a frustrating day) - don't forget that GA called ICA at 3:04 pm from his cell to hers - a call that interrupted a call from Jesse, which followed immediately on the heels of a talk with Amy (that probably started long before ICA returned home)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back