Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully snipped...

I agree with all aspects of this except one thing. We haven't seen proof of LE physically searching for the body to bring it all to rest. They did their training dive and kept calling it a training, denying that it was related to searching for Caylee. Was that for show? Was it to rightfully knock out 2 birds with one stone, so to speak?

I do think they were using that training to do some searching for Caylee, but why keep denying the reason? That part really confuses me. Which isn't hard to do these days. lol

Whenever possible, TES doesn't disclose where they are searching either. That's because they don't want a suspect to move the body to a place that's already been searched. And TES has that policy because it did happen to them.

I'm betting on the DNA not being what they expected. Because face it, Caylee's DNA in the trunk along with the smell and everything else would definitely be good enough for any jury. No murder charges say to me that the DNA is not what they had hoped.

But wasn't there someone in LE at the bond hearing that stated the smell was that of decomp? Or am I wrong on that?

If I knew how to snip this I would, but I don't, so I won't try! I agree with an awful lot of what you said. I hope I'm not too tired to try and explain something I heard about the double jeopardy aspect of charging vs. not charging. I heard a Florida attorney say somewhere, it had to be either Nancy or Greta, that it would not be considered double jeopardy if, in fact, the current charges could be proven standing alone. I mean, if they can prove that she is guilty of the felony child neglect. Then later they can bring the more serious charges, if they're warranted. (Notice, I'm leaving room for the chance, although I doubt it, that's she's innocent of more serious charges.)

I wish I could remember which show I heard this on. Tomorrow, I mean later today, I'll do some searching.

I would like to see them go ahead and try her for the current charges. IMO they have sufficient evidence for that. Convict her, send her to prison to serve her 5 years, and continue to amass evidence of the more serious crimes. That gives them plenty of time to keep building their case.
I agree with you that there could be conditions under which a stand alone charge of murder could fly. At a minimum a separate charge could be argued in the future. IMO, double jeopardy is not cut and dried and there is certainly conditions under which she could be charged in the future if a murder were to be discovered.

Cali'dreamer
The text messages wouldn't come with regular phone records, when requested by police? I'm don't have a clue.

I sure hope they got both, but it's certainly something to wonder about now--I just assumed they got the whole package when they requested records. hmmmm

LE would have it all. No question about it.

Whenever possible, TES doesn't disclose where they are searching either. That's because they don't want a suspect to move the body to a place that's already been searched. And TES has that policy because it did happen to them.

I understand that and agree completely. But the media coverage on this is so huge, its gotta be tough for LE to do any physical foot searches without them knowing and following, wouldn't it?

Alright time to pull myself away from the WS crack and go paint a bedroom.
Yes at 3 a.m. What do you expect? I'm on WS crack. :bang:
Hope tomorrow brings news. Be it good or bad, at least it's something.

That's funny, that is when I do my painting and such. Because that is the ONLY time I can get it done without kids under foot.

Dang, I'm hearing NG again and didn't realize how late Baez and his associate was at the jail visiting with Casey. They got there just before 11pm.

We also have the well known Scott Peterson trial where the murderers put the body where they knew LE would be searching and where the suspect was known to have been.

I'm betting on the DNA not being what they expected. Because face it, Caylee's DNA in the trunk along with the smell and everything else would definitely be good enough for any jury. No murder charges say to me that the DNA is not what they had hoped.

Is everyone forgetting that in a Capital case that a grand jury is seated and they are the ones who hand down an indictment?

It's 2am, do you know where your parents are?

Aha! They're on WS. The new crack!

OMG It's late and I'm delirious.
:eek::woohoo::eek:

I have not told mine about WS yet they think I am still doing genealogy research. :chicken:

It's time for me to turn in folks. I wish you all a good night and good sleuthing.

have a blessed day,

Does anyone still on here this late know if Casey will be able to get on online and drink alcohol if she is released?

Hope tomorrow brings news. Be it good or bad, at least it's something.

Bahaha! It's some good chit, isn't it? :crazy:

Thanks, Passin_through, for replying about the text messages. I'm sure LE would have requested them, if available, and I sure hope it still is!

Well, I couldn't have picked a better time to be off work due to a sports injury. Lots of time to sleuth, but I think it's time to call it a night!

Nite all!

It's 2am, do you know where your parents are?

Aha! They're on WS. The new crack!

OMG It's late and I'm delirious.
:eek::woohoo::eek:

:clap::clap::clap:
good nite, all.
Get some rest! If she does goet out tomorrow, it's only going to get more confusing and convoluted.

Hope tomorrow brings news. Be it good or bad, at least it's something

You mean that's not normal? Painting at 3am? I thought it was, it's the best time to paint! Anyhoo..what is "normal" and enjoyed my day with y'all, thanks! BTW, N-M-K, I've never jumped up at 7am and painted, that's insane to me. lol

niters all!

I understand that and agree completely. But the media coverage on this is so huge, its gotta be tough for LE to do any physical foot searches without them knowing and following, wouldn't it?

It's tough but not impossible. IMO, the fact LE isn't searching would not be indicative of whether Caylee is alive or not. In this case, given the time laps in reporting her missing and apparent lack of any witnesses, LE simply has no starting place. They are limited to maybe the Sawgrass dumpsters or Amscot parking lot, etc. Even phone pings and credit card receipts aren't going to be much help. 31 days worth would look like an obnoxious spiderweb on a graph.

Thanks, SuziQ, for the confirmation on the text messaging. That makes me feel much better.

I'm another Newbie. Would someone please tell me if I hit Quote to reply to someone if I just enter the text on the first blank line? Sorry to ask such a basic question, but 'tis late. TIA!!

We also have the well known Peterson trial where the murderers put the body where they knew LE would be searching and where the suspect was known to have been.

Which Peterson trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member