Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would anyone hurt an innocent child? Personally I think the judge should revolk her bond because the BH is receiving threatening phone calls, her myspace has been flooded with threats, the Anthony's have had death threats, and there's a lot of pent up anger in that household. In short, society is a danger to Casey......Casey may be a danger to society, or even worse Casey may even hurt herself. I agree, let the process work itself out and keep her in jail until she either tells the TRUTH about who really has her daughter, or is truthful about what she has done to her daughter.

I don't believe the judge can revoke her bond because someone has threatened her. I think it would be unfair if the judge did that. it wouldn't be right making her set in jail for some loud mouth shouting his/her mouth off.

I just see her alive and happy unless I see DNA results from that trunk proving she was deceased.

It would be very nice to consider all missing children as alive and happy unless proved otherwise, but I just can't feel that way.

Seems to me as if, even given that she could be alive and well taken care of, she would be missing her mommy and grandma and wondering why they don't come for her.

The dogs only raise suspicion they do not prove a body was there.

Correct, Rose. However, in this case, there are several humans (including the defendant's own mother as well as seasoned detectives) and three separate, trained cadaver dogs (one which hit on the trunk and the spots in the yard; a second which alerted to the same yard spots; and a third which confirmed the first dog's trunk hit, IIRC).

Wouldn't you concede that there's an extremely strong possibility that the combined perception of so many people and so many dogs is going to turn out to have been correct? Or do you believe it's just as (or more?) likely that all the humans and all the dogs -- every single one of them -- are wrong about the odor being that of decomp?

Personally, I feel it's very unlikely for all the humans and dogs to be mistaken, especially given that the car had been aired out (and, IMO, possibly even cleaned to some degree since the GPs may not have known the significance until late that evening). Yet, LE and the dogs could clearly detect the odor, even with the passage of a little more time.

My common sense tells me that since it wasn't just one person's opinion or a single dog's alerting, it's a virtual certainty the testing will bear out that what was detected was, in fact, decomp -- and what else would cause that other than a body? Could it be from some as-yet-unknown deceased person's body? Well, technically, yes...but given the totality of what we know thus far, including that Caylee is the only person in this case to have been reported missing, how likely is that?

I'd respectfully say that it's not lowering the bar of justice nor unreasonable for those who believe the testing will bear out decomp to assume the premise and the source thereof for purposes of discussion here (as opposed to the concept of IUPG and proof BARD in a court of law). Like you, I certainly don't want to think Caylee is gone, but at this point, I sadly can't see it any other way.

Correct, Rose. However, in this case, there are several humans (including the defendant's own mother as well as seasoned detectives) and three separate, trained cadaver dogs (one which hit on the trunk and the spots in the yard; a second which alerted to the same yard spots; and a third which confirmed the first dog's trunk hit, IIRC).

Could it be from some as-yet-unknown deceased person's body? Well, technically, yes...but given the totality of what we know thus far, including that Caylee is the only person in this case to have been reported missing, how likely is that?
(snipped)

We don't know that there is anyone else missing. Considering the crowd Casey ran with it is possible that some 20 something runaway, druggie, etc. could very well BE missing without being reported as yet. OR there has been someone reported missing and LE is aware but the media has not "picked up" on it being related to this case. JMO

I don't believe the judge can revoke her bond because someone has threatened her. I think it would be unfair if the judge did that. it wouldn't be right making her set in jail for some loud mouth shouting his/her mouth off.

I agree, give her the bond and put the loud mouth in jail.

Wouldn't you concede that there's an extremely strong possibility that the combined perception of so many people and so many dogs is going to turn out to have been correct? Or do you believe it's just as (or more?) likely that all the humans and all the dogs -- every single one of them -- are wrong about the odor being that of decomp?

Personally, I feel it's very unlikely for all the humans and dogs to be mistaken, especially given that the car had been aired out (and, IMO, possibly even cleaned to some degree since the GPs may not have known the significance until late that evening). Yet, LE and the dogs could clearly detect the odor, even with the passage of a little more time.

My common sense tells me that since it wasn't just one person's opinion or a single dog's alerting, it's a virtual certainty the testing will bear out that what was detected was, in fact, decomp -- and what else would cause that other than a body? Could it be from some as-yet-unknown deceased person's body? Well, technically, yes...but given the totality of what we know thus far, including that Caylee is the only person in this case to have been reported missing, how likely is that?

I'd respectfully say that it's not lowering the bar of justice nor unreasonable for those who believe the testing will bear out decomp to assume the premise and the source thereof for purposes of discussion here (as opposed to the concept of IUPG and proof BARD in a court of law). Like you, I certainly don't want to think Caylee is gone, but at this point, I sadly can't see it any other way.

Yes and we are all allowed our our opinions and I respect your right to yours. I just happen to hold a differing opinion and I need to see decomp DNA results.

Yes and we are all allowed our our opinions and I respect your right to yours. I just happen to hold a differing opinion and I need to see decomp DNA results.

It's a wonderful thing that we all have our own opinion. Life would be very boring and less enlightening.
I would make a horrible defense atty!:blushing:

Could it be from some as-yet-unknown deceased person's body? Well, technically, yes...but given the totality of what we know thus far, including that Caylee is the only person in this case to have been reported missing, how likely is that?
(snipped)

We don't know that there is anyone else missing. Considering the crowd Casey ran with it is possible that some 20 something runaway, druggie, etc. could very well BE missing without being reported as yet. OR there has been someone reported missing and LE is aware but the media has not "picked up" on it being related to this case. JMO
While I too would be ecstatic to find that Caylee is still among the living...I have to ask if you really believe there is more than a .00000000000000000000000000000001% chance that what you stated could be true? So the dead body of some 20some unidentified druggie just happened to be in Casey's trunk at the same time her child comes up missing???
ETA more zeros to the percentage of that occurring :)

If there were no cadaver dogs I still wouldn't have believed in the kidnapper theory,I probably would have thought that she sold Caylee to someone or just gave her away.But we have different cadaver dogs hitting on the same spots.That says a LOT,to me at least.

Caylee
rose.gif
rose.gif
rose.gif
rose.gif
rose.gif
rose.gif
rose.gif

If there were no cadaver dogs I still wouldn't have believed in the kidnapper theory,I probably would have thought that she sold Caylee to someone or just gave her away.But we have different cadaver dogs hitting on the same spots.That says a LOT,to me at least.

Me too, anyone that's been to a dog show and seen tracking contests knows how good they are at tracking things down from their smell.

If it were only one dog that hit on the yard and trunk, I would be more willing to accept that the dog and/or handler made a mistake but TWO dogs hitting the exact spots independently speaks volumes.

Its too much of a coincendence for that to happen. Almost as unlikely that Casey had another person's dead body in her trunk.

Casey has done nothing but deliberately try to mislead LE on their investigation. She never shows any type of concern about Caylee. Actions speak loader than words and her actions are telling us a very sad story.

My heart wants to believe that Caylee is alive and well but it appears that that isn't the case. I hope I'm wrong and she's found safe and sound with the mysterious babysitter.

IMO Cadaver dogs are great, but they are not infallible, neither is their handler. You can't go to court with just the cadaver dogs as evidence, you have to have something else like DNA to back it up.

While this is true my uncle a homicide det. in Chicago says that you WOULDN'T find 2 dogs hitting in the same location, therefor that's what makes it credible! I believe LE has much more than the cadaver dogs!

While this is true my uncle a homicide det. in Chicago says that you WOULDN'T find 2 dogs hitting in the same location, therefor that's what makes it credible! I believe LE has much more than the cadaver dogs!
I think they have more too but unfortunately not enough.:mad:

They've had a number of people say that many people have been convicted of murder w/o a body. Casey is the perfect person to be convicted, no credibility, and she evokes no sympathy.

those orangecounty links dont work

an attorney on Fox News this a.m. said LE doesn't want her out and if they had enough to charge her with more they would, makes me a little nervous

an attorney on Fox News this a.m. said LE doesn't want her out and if they had enough to charge her with more they would, makes me a little nervous
Was that an opinion or does she have a source from LE?

I think they have more evidence than has been made public; however they don't want to jump the gun and charge her prematurely. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noonoo91