Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, how I can speak to this.

I divorced my husband not long after my son was born...I left Texas and moved back to Mississippi while pregnant, after being beaten by my husband...I left to save the baby inside me.

I was MARRIED when I moved home, but I was separated from my abusive husband (whose abuse had hospitalized me in the past and caused multiple miscarriages--some other time, we'll discuss the psyche of abused spouses that makes them tolerate abuse and stay with the abuser, but I don't want to go into it now--but I was one of those women who said, "I'll never let a man lay his hands on me." Let's just say that the woman who entered the marriage was not the same one who tolerated the abuse, and who finally left it.)

...I attempted to attend the church that I was raised in. A Southern Baptist church where my father was a deacon. While on the one hand I was invited to the church in a very welcoming way, on the other hand, every Sunday School lesson seemed to cast women like me (women who for good reasons had chosen to raise their children alone) as the scourge of society, single-handedly responsible for the downfall of Western Civilization. Sermons told me to "submit to the man." No exceptions were ever made for women who were married to men who are abusive to their spouses.

My father is still a deacon in this church. I love him with all my heart. But I no longer attend the church, and I am the better for it. I raise my son with good morals and generosity toward others...I do not teach him that anyone is unworthy of Christ-like love.

Funny thing--when I was in Texas, suffering abuse, I went to the local Southern Baptist church in the town where I was living, and talked to the minster there. He in no uncertain terms told me that God did not expect me to stay with a man who abused me. He advised me to leave my husband. But when I got home, the minister in the same denomination told me that it was a sin to leave. The church in Mississippi even circulated a document entitled "Those Lost." I was on the list. Why? Because I chose to raise my son alone.

Bottom line: Southern Baptist churches are independent, and each has its on guiding philosophy and bi-laws. Some churches would be accepting of Casey. Some would see her as worthy of redemption. Some wouldn't.

OK...forgive me for TMI...but that in a nutshell is my story, in regards to Baptist churches.

I'm so sorry you had this experience! That church was not truely Christian or biblical.

Up here in the midwest, Baptist churches are not fire and brimstone at all. They are normal, contemporary, welcoming churches with very nice people.

>snipped<

NICE CAMEO MOM.

"Which one? I've done four, and only seen one or two of them." - Cindy Anthony[/QUOTE]

Yeah. That little exchange was a very revealing window into the relationship between mother and daughter. Jealousy, spite, one-upmanship. Sick.

priests skerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr the dickens out of me

i remember a nightmare when i was real young, a man dressed in black tried to drown me
he kept dunking my head in water

YIKES

I believe I mentioned before they would walk in a private entrance and eat in a private dining room. It would be out of view of the public and I doubt we would know until afterwards that it ever took place.

Oh I must've missed that! Picture me with a glass against the wall yelling to the other diners to shut up shut up shut up so I can hear every word. :)

HUH Tony who ?? If you mean the BF Tony he lives in Winter Park , no where near Sawgrass Apt

I said "I believe" as a disclaimer...did you miss that?
As in "I could be wrong". I believe I heard somewhere along all this that Tony was across the street. Anyone else remember something like that?

I'm so sorry you had this experience! That church was not truely Christian or biblical.

Up here in the midwest, Baptist churches are not fire and brimstone at all. They are normal, contemporary, welcoming churches with very nice people.

I'm ok with it. I found my circle of friends...some of them are members in that church...and they were upset with the way I was treated. And my father was my defender against the pastor who circulated my name on the "Those Lost" list. The pastor is no longer with the church, and my father is still a deacon, so it all works out.

Thanks for your nice response. :)

Oh, how I can speak to this.

I divorced my husband not long after my son was born...I left Texas and moved back to Mississippi while pregnant, after being beaten by my husband...I left to save the baby inside me.

I was MARRIED when I moved home, but I was separated from my abusive husband (whose abuse had hospitalized me in the past and caused multiple miscarriages--some other time, we'll discuss the psyche of abused spouses that makes them tolerate abuse and stay with the abuser, but I don't want to go into it now--but I was one of those women who said, "I'll never let a man lay his hands on me." Let's just say that the woman who entered the marriage was not the same one who tolerated the abuse, and who finally left it.)

...I attempted to attend the church that I was raised in. A Southern Baptist church where my father was a deacon. While on the one hand I was invited to the church in a very welcoming way, on the other hand, every Sunday School lesson seemed to cast women like me (women who for good reasons had chosen to raise their children alone) as the scourge of society, single-handedly responsible for the downfall of Western Civilization. Sermons told me to "submit to the man." No exceptions were ever made for women who were married to men who are abusive to their spouses.

My father is still a deacon in this church. I love him with all my heart. But I no longer attend the church, and I am the better for it. I raise my son with good morals and generosity toward others...I do not teach him that anyone is unworthy of Christ-like love.

Funny thing--when I was in Texas, suffering abuse, I went to the local Southern Baptist church in the town where I was living, and talked to the minster there. He in no uncertain terms told me that God did not expect me to stay with a man who abused me. He advised me to leave my husband. But when I got home, the minister in the same denomination told me that it was a sin to leave. The church in Mississippi even circulated a document entitled "Those Lost." I was on the list. Why? Because I chose to raise my son alone.

Bottom line: Southern Baptist churches are independent, and each has its on guiding philosophy and bi-laws. Some churches would be accepting of Casey. Some would see her as worthy of redemption. Some wouldn't.

OK...forgive me for TMI...but that in a nutshell is my story, in regards to Baptist churches.

Thanks everyone that answered, mainly QA, because your answer was the most complete. I understand the reason why abused women stay. I had to have my back broken before I wised up and left. Luckily, I had nothing but support, but then again we weren't married yet.

priests skerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr the dickens out of me

i remember a nightmare when i was real young, a man dressed in black tried to drown me
he kept dunking my head in water

YIKES

:laugh::laugh::nono::nono:

Unlike Casey, many defendants are allowed to go shopping for groceries, or go the gym for a few hours a week, to give you two examples.
Have you seen the terms for Casey lined out? I haven't. I don't know what her restrictions allow or do not allow.

I said "I believe" as a disclaimer...did you miss that?
As in "I could be wrong". I believe I heard somewhere along all this that Tony was across the street. Anyone else remember something like that?

IIRC, someone indirectly involved lived right across from the senior center Casey sent them to. Don't quote me on that, I am a bit off today.

Thanks everyone that answered, mainly QA, because your answer was the most complete. I understand the reason why abused women stay. I had to have my back broken before I wised up and left. Luckily, I had nothing but support, but then again we weren't married yet.

I hope you are ok today. :hug:

Ok, yes i have yet another pondering question?
Before AH closed her MS did anyone copy her friends list? There was a girl there that worked for one of the cookie cutter restaurants could have been TGIF, not positive, would love another look, she talked about how she had such a bad mother and she had kids herself. Her pages were full of pics of her with LE in uniform, one of her kissing AH, several of her kissing guys and gals too. I would really like another look at this but I'm not a friend and cannot view AH's ms anymore. Did anyone at all else see this?

I have to start dinner-but I will check back to see if anyone can help with this.

The painting is getting to your typing buddy! LOL--you're usually so well written, I knew something was going on! :)
I'm trying, but but when my boy says he wants his room blue, he gets a blue room. Especially since that was the first complete sentence he has said in over a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vee97