Caylee Anthony General Discussion thread #143

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys...I know its disappointing but you should be COMMENDING LE . They are not going to
RISK this investigation and they shouldn't. Our need to know is soooo not a priority, but charging casey and prosecuting her are. They are playing chess right now. Let them do it.

KUDOO'S Shannon:clap:

Maybe all the stuff in her backpack was photoshopped images of ZG. She spent an awful lot of time cooking up the rest of that stuff... maybe that's what she's been doing since she got home. Creating photos and whatnot of her imaginary friends.

Crazy she may be - but lucid enough to try to cover her lies. She's just one disturbed girl...enabling parents or not - her egg is just a little cracked.

CNN is reporting that the DNA evidence DOES match Caylee's hair and it shows signs of decomp...

ughhhhh

Without speculating on Casey's specific plight, there's no rule that says that a sociopath can't also be insane. The two conditions aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. And there's no evidence that Casey is a sociopath in the official sense.

But back to Casey now, she is clearly a very disturbed person, possibly even crazy. And I use those words in a layperson's way. I wouldn't rule out an insanity defense attempt.

I agree; Baez has most likely looked at the possibility of using the insanity defense, but I don't think people will buy it. I'm in no means a professional, but in my opinion, Casey is a psychopath based on the following criteria taken from the Hare Psychopathy Checklist:

Factor1: Aggressive narcissism

1. Glibness / superficial charm
2. Grandiose sense of self-worth
3. Pathological lying
4. Cunning / manipulative
5. Lack of remorse or guilt
6. Shallow
7. Callous / lack of empathy
8. Failure to accept responsibility for own actions
9. Promiscuous sexual behavior

Factor2: Socially deviant lifestyle

1. Need for stimulation / proneness to boredom
2. Parasitic lifestyle
3. Poor behavioral control
4. Lack of realistic, long-term goals
5. Impulsivity
6. Irresponsibility
7. Juvenile delinquency
8. Early behavior problems
9. Revocation of conditional release

Traits not correlated with either factor

1. Many short-term marital relationships
2. Criminal versatility

However it is defined, many in the legal community doubt whether the insanity defense covers this kind of behavior at all. The ALI's Model Penal Code test of insanity states that "the terms mental disease or defect do not include an abnormality that is manifested only by repeated criminal or otherwise antisocial conduct." In other words, the criteria laid down by the DSMIV for antisocial personality disorder would not allow for a claim of insanity under the Model Penal Code, the most widely used insanity test, or in other insanity tests used by states. Thus, sociopaths and psychopaths, while perceived as insane by most people, could likely not use the insanity defense as a defense in a court of law.

For this reason, most celebrated serial killers such as John Wayne Gacy and Ted Bundy, as well as persons whose mental stability seems to be of a questionable nature, such as Ted Kaczynski, have seen their insanity pleas fail or have never used the defense. In fact, in recent years, only Hinckley and Bobbitt are among celebrated cases who have used the defense successfully. For criminals with antisocial personality disorder, the insanity plea simply does not apply.

I guess it's really a toss-up? :confused:

Well, she is a missing child, just not a living missing child. They haven't charged her with anything else at this time so it still would be a missing child case.

In all other pressr they always said they have no reason to believe Caylee was deceased. He didn't say that this time.

LE is doing a very professional job.

They don't think Caylee is alive.

They are just dotting i's, crossing t's and being very careful not to tarnish their investigation.

As Shannon said, it is a chess game.

IMO

So Casey should be back in jail by Sat right?

I really wonder, with is being a long weekend. Will they have to wait until Tuesday?

Also, i think when LP talks about paperwork, he isnt talking about paperwork to get her back in the jail, i think he is probably talking about paperwork as far as finances and how they are getting their money back.

Why, Why, Why do they say this is still a missing child case? Didn't they see or hear the results we did yesterday?

I guess the way they look at it is, well, she may be dead, but we haven't found her body, so essentially she really is still missing. That way they aren't telling us a lie.

But I thought the investigative documents read, "homicide investigation?" Right?

I actually thought he was giving us a bunch of clues.....his body language when he was saying "we are still searching for Caylee Marie Anthony" and the way he would look at the reporters was like "you know, but i can't say." Probably just a stroke to help Casey's ego and maybe she will talk when before immunity is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor