Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #161

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right but as it stands now you are going to have those few people on the jury that can't equate what we can. What JB is saying now and what will come out in court will be 2 totally different things..I've seen it over and over again. He can spout bologna for the next however many months and it isn't going to matter. What he says in court in front of that jury will.

I see what you are saying but as it stands right now there is reasonable doubt IMO. They haven't placed her as the one putting the body in the trunk or her killing her. Everything is circumstantial as to those things IMO.

The things in the 400 docs are pretty clear albeit circumstantial but the bologna that he is spouting could be into the ears of a potential juror and they might remember. We also do not know what LE is holding close to their vest. Anyway you look at it, any defense atty. has to put up a believable defense, one that a juror can believe, have faith in. "Somebody put a dead body in KC car at the tow lot 'aint it" .

We don't know if the Amscot has security video showing Casey leaving the car in the lot after business hours on June 26th.

We do have Tony's statement (to LE? or to the press?) that he picked Casey up at the car on Friday June 27th.

If the impound lot can prove that the car was not moved from the time it was towed on June 30th (or if it was boxed in by other vehicles and couldn't have been moved), there's a very short window of time in which someone could have gone to the Amscot lot and deposited Caylee's body in the trunk.

Would that scenario pass the common sense/reasonable doubt smell test with a jury?

Lordy, I don't think so.

And not just that. They would have had to break into the tow yard to retrieve the body too (maybe twice depending on the theory) before George came and picked it up.

Why on earth would anyone do that? And how would they do it and escape notice?

Right and why on earth did Casey have Amy's resume???????????? for what reason?

A lot of personal information on a resume' that Casey could use for one of her lies. She might assume some of Amy's background information.

Right, but it was not mentioned in he original statement. Casey is pretty much stuck with that. She refuses over and over again to change it. She hasn't. Nobody is going to believe much of what she says now. My point is that in order to explain Caylee's body in the trunk is that they will have to come up with another theory of the case.

Which is exactly what they will do. She will claim duress while doing the original statement etc. She could also alter the statement on the stand...remember her car was also at the Amscot for how long and the tow yard for how long unattended?

A lot of personal information on a resume' that Casey could use for one of her lies. She might assume some of Amy's background information.

Which is what I think she was going to do...move away and use Amy's identity..totally.

oops! fixed the original post

I went and looked and the only reason that I doubt the new results are that the media gave the same old crpap about unnamed officers and sources. I will believe it when the spokesman looks dead into the camera and says theat they have irrefutable DNA eveidence that Caylee is dead. I mean when they actually confirm it one hundred percent. So far, it could still be a bluff and they seem to be dancing around questions.

I had to disappear for about 5 hours and when I left things were happening on the Anthony front lawn...I've already frantically searched the threads to see what I missed (withdrawals!), but can't figure it out. I'd be so grateful if someone can update me if I missed anything.

I think LE is stepping lightly because the state hasn't charged Casey with murder yet. According to the comments made by the state's attorney yesterday, they're still waiting for the 'fact package' to be submitted by the police, at which point they'll determine whether to up the charges.

I don't care so much as to WHY they said it, I just think it could come back to haunt them...

thanks to all for the clarification (before I really do go to bed lol)... The fact that our POI knew Christina B tho....it sure is a little telling about how she picked her atty (vs what her brother said...that she got his name in the tank)

Night Nurse. :)

I don't remember seeing anything about the trunk latch being tampered with - did I miss it?

If we are to believe Cindy on the LKL interview--why would someone break into the trunk, yet leave a purse with a resume (identity info on it) in the front of the car?

I don't care so much as to WHY they said it, I just think it could come back to haunt them...

We might not have to worry about it Baez can't take the big things into consideration, such as the fact that the other 6 1/2 billion people on this planet don't believe his client. He is not going to catch little things like on eword.

ok ok...something to add now.

Sorry if this has been touched on already, it's been very hard to keep up with this board lately, let alone gen discussion!
WTH is casey doing online? Are they confiscating her computer now that she is in jail? How did she get one in the first place and how was she able to go on. In an interview, NG IIRC, the TES guy said casey was smiling and just in her room on her computer...not adding ANYTHING. He sounded very dissapointed. So how is this computer use being allowed?

T M said she was in another room using the computer when he visited the house. She came out couple times to say hello but that was about all. Nothing of assistance or to talk. ( WHY?? BECAUSE IT'S THE BAEZ MUMMY SHOW) The computers at the house already have forensic scans done. IMHO there is likely key loggers in place without anyone knowing.
And you can bet she was spending her days at Baez's office surfing the web as much as possible also. Her email and letter to the 12 yr old? Who was supervising that contact? Think between her computer work, running to Baez's office daily for 5-6 hrs/day she was busier on bond than she was with her "imaginery job". LOL
Personally I don't think she's mentally ill or sick, I think she's an actress playing the leading role of manipulation.

Which is exactly what they will do. She will claim duress while doing the original statement etc. She could also alter the statement on the stand...remember her car was also at the Amscot for how long and the tow yard for how long unattended?
How would Baez introduce that evidence without putting his client on the stand?

Jose has a big, big problem here. He can't risk Casey testifying - she'd be ripped to shreds by the prosecution.

If you think about it, all he can do is try to cast doubt on the reams of evidence the prosecution will present.

this is just a thought but i no my son's trial was set for sept 2 this year but due to the election and here we vote for the judges as well my sons lawyer wanted to have it postphoned after nov, cause judges are alittle harder cause they're trying to when the election so i wonder if thats how it is in florida if thats the case could be why the judge was so harsh (not that she dont deserve it) with the bond so if beaz was smart he wouldnt push for a speedy trial just a thought....

Unless the lock was popped, how would someone have gotten into the trunk unless he or she had a key? (Which covers probably everyone in that family...)

I don't remember seeing anything about the trunk latch being tampered with - did I miss it?

Some peoples theories on the scratches are...the tow yard could have had dogs to guard the place and they smelled the decomp and went for the trunk..or Casey backed into the woods and sticks and brush made the scratches..BOTH I thought were good theories BUT the scratches could have also been there as the car was older.

This is it and I am going to bed. I am so upset. Why did I have to get pregnant right when the big news comes down...I would really like a beer right now.

How would Baez introduce that evidence without putting his client on the stand?

Jose has a big, big problem here. He can't risk Casey testifying - she'd be ripped to shreds by the prosecution.

If you think about it, all he can do is try to cast doubt on the reams of evidence the prosecution will present.

IF he is even her attorney when it goes to trial. I bet she switches counsel to pro-long everything..

Umm that really doesn't fly since Casey's original story doesn't mention Zanny the Nanny had access to her car.
She hasn't said either way though..and she hasn't said who else has or hasn't either..She hasn't said SQUAT besides her original statement.

I think there's enough evidence to prove that Zanny could not have placed a dead Caylee in Casey's car trunk.

Casey told LE that she never saw Zanny again after leaving Caylee with her on whatever date was supposed to be the last date Casey saw Caylee. We know that Casey had the car after her last supposed encounter with Zanny. And we know that Casey left her car at the Amscot, where it was subsequently towed and then finally re-possessed by Cindy and George.

There's enough evidence there, and enough of a chain of command to rule out the possibility that Zanny came back to place a dead Caylee in the car trunk. Of course, the jury will ultimately decide whether to accept this interpretation of the evidence, or whether to accept whatever theory Team Casey might raise at trial to challenge the idea that no one could have come back to put dead Caylee in the car trunk.

Some other poster suggested that the defense will claim insanity. This appears to be the defense's best option. Whether or not they would succeed is another story. This is an extremely difficult condition to prove, and I'm not suggesting that the defense will prevail on this ground.. But a successful insanity defense would tend to sweep all of Casey's problems away with one neat explanation.

Otherwise, Casey has tangled herself into so many knots that she really has painted herself into a corner. Her position is like those Rubik's cubes where it's impossible to put one piece of the puzzle into place without undoing two or three other pieces of the puzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haji62