Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #161

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would Baez introduce that evidence without putting his client on the stand?

Jose has a big, big problem here. He can't risk Casey testifying - she'd be ripped to shreds by the prosecution.

If you think about it, all he can do is try to cast doubt on the reams of evidence the prosecution will present.

I think Baez will play the waiting game and see what happens. If a body is found, and if a cause of death is determined, he'll tailor the defense based on that.

If Baez makes any statements now, he's stuck with having to stand by those statements. He's already stuck with some of the statements he's made.

Looks like someone put a choke-hold on the media. It's about time.

Isabelle,
Ray'sMom
The state attorney may have called the sheriff and told him (her?) to quash the story, for any number of reasons - including the fact that it would take some of the thunder away from their big announcement (not that I'm jaded or anything).

Last off topic post, I promise. But I just Googled OJ's latest criminal trial b/c I thought it happened already and I missed it--but it starts a week from today (Monday). I hope he finally ends up :behindbar.

Only if he carries a BIG bag of doggy treats. Anyone report to local hospitals with dog bites in that time period??

Great post!

And it better be the kind the doggy likes.

Isabelle,
Ray'sMom

I couldn't agree more! We watched some great trials on Court TV. I'll never forget the first my hubby and I watched (both down with the flu), and that was the trial of William Smith - one of the Kennedy's, a nephew of JFK, RFK, and Ted Kennedy. William Smith was charged with rape of a girlfriend at the Kennedy home in Palm Beach.

Not to mention the state trooper in Indiana or was it Kentucky, that killed his family???? Oh man, those were the days!

Hi, everyone. Just got back from helping out at a local shelter and too tired to try to catch up!

Anyway, I have been wanting to ask this question since the other day when the subpoenas were served to George, Cindy, and a neighbor - does anyone think that the subpoenas could be for a Grand Jury? I don't know if anyone has brought this up or not. I tend to think that we could see Casey Anthony indited this coming week!!

I also have always thought that Casey did kill Caylee, then put her in the back yard of the Anthony residence. Maybe George and Cindy let the dogs out into the back yard and maybe they went to the spot where Caylee was. I believe that George may have buried Caylee deep into the earth underneath the hibiscus bush he replanted, along with fertilizer. Now IF he did not bury Caylee there, then I firmly believe that George and Cindy took little Caylee somewhere and buried her the best they could. I would like to know if George and Cindy went on a one or two day trip after June 15th and before July 3rd. I willl always think that Cindy knew that little Caylee was dead when she wrote the July 3rd entry on the MySpace page. She really was heartbroken when she wrote that and seems to me that she knew she would never see Caylee again.
I also believe that the clothing and bookbags that were found by Joseph Jordan and his team had belonged to Casey and Caylee. I am going to have to go back and look again, but in one of the pics, it even looked as if there was a kind of balled up blanket. IMO, George went to the area where these items were found and threw them out on the evening of the 15th and had just gotten back home during the last 911 call. The items, IMO, had been hurriedly thrown out at night and that could be why the panties were snagged on the fence. IMO, these things had been in the trunk and smelled of decomposition, so they were all thrown out. Even the gas can that was found.

The whole family then had a plan (script) and they know they have to follow it. I believe that George, having been in LE for 10 years, had set it up that Casey leave a purse on the seat of the car so that it would be stolen. That did not happen, but they still had to have the kidnap plan. Casey did not report the car stolen and it was towed. Casey did not adhere to the script after the car was towed, IMO.

We will never know what really happened, but I do think that the whole family does know what happened to Caylee. Casey really may not know where Caylee's remains are because George (possibly Cindy also) buried Caylee's body. I do look for George and Cindy to be charges with some form of Obstruction or possibly Accessory After the Fact.

Ok, I am done now. Sorry this was so long.

I think Baez will play the waiting game and see what happens. If a body is found, and if a cause of death is determined, he'll tailor the defense based on that.

If Baez makes any statements now, he's stuck with having to stand by those statements. He's already stuck with some of the statements he's made.

Exactly! I think he's telling Casey to lay low too and just shut up even if the Pope himself shows up offering full immunity!

I also think that he's hoping IF Caylee is located that her remains (tears) will be so deteriorated that there will not be an official cause of death.

That is unless there is a massive head fracture or something clear to her skeleton.

God, poor little baby. So many things she will never get to do in her life.

Noone would key a car where the scratch marks are located IIRC IMO - trying to jimmy the latch - maybe.

You are probably right. Usually keyed on the sides. Someone did my car once and was I P...D.

Isabelle,
Ray'sMom

Looks like someone put a choke-hold on the media. It's about time. Like my husband said the day Casey was re-arrested for the stolen $$, LE don't have jack yet. He is an ex Asst. D.A. for Orleans

They may not have Jill but they have Jack...where's Caylee and what has Casey done to help?

Not to mention the state trooper in Indiana or was it Kentucky, that killed his family???? Oh man, those were the days!

I got addicted when the 12 yr old boy was charged for murder as an adult - in Florida.

Baez isn't stuck with anything he says. He can give his opinion on the case as freely as he wishes, contradicting himself if he chooses to do so, and changing his statements every other day if that's what makes him happy. It's all meaningless as far as the actual trial is concerned. His public statements aren't admissible and aren't evidentiary either.

He can go on TV tomorrow and opine that aliens took Caylee away and planted her fake DNA in the car trunk with their advanced technology. It wouldn't have any impact on the trial, because the statement would never come in.

The things that precious baby wont get to do are many but just because at this time for me right now is so precious, my oldest daughter is getting married, she tried on my wedding gown from 25 years ago and for about 5 minutes my heart felt like the most honored Mom in the world, well that moment left, she hated my dress, but the point being I got to have that with my daughter. Caylee wont. KC will never get to know what she has missed.

Geragross :clap:. Sadly, I think he still has plenty of business--didn't he successfully represent Michael Jackson?

I think he was Michael Jackson's original attorney, but was dropped early in the case.

I also have always thought that Casey did kill Caylee, then put her in the back yard of the Anthony residence. Maybe George and Cindy let the dogs out into the back yard and maybe they went to the spot where Caylee was. I believe that George may have buried Caylee deep into the earth underneath the hibiscus bush he replanted, along with fertilizer.

I also think Caylee was temporarily in the back yard, LaLaw2000 and George's odd story about the gas cans and the fact that they had pavers put in on the 4th of July--who has yard work done on the 4th of July?--make me suspicious that he discovered something or Casey confessed to him and he was an accessory after the fact. I also think Cindy may very well know now what happened but--IMO-- didn't know until after the police were called--b/c when she called the police she seemed (IMO, again) genuinely freaked out that something terrible MAY have happened to Caylee.

One thing I just remembered, though, is that George went up to the initial investigating officer and told him that he thought Casey was withholding information--something I don't think he would do if he knew Caylee was already dead--unless that was part of the plan? These GPs are just so perplexing!

Baez isn't stuck with anything he says.
No, he's stuck with what Casey has said.

Including that bizarre correspondence to a 12 year-old child.

LaLaw, how do you fit the decomp in the Pontiac into your theory? Are you thinking the Anthony's used it to transport Caylee for burial?

Wouldn't Casey's friends be able to refute that if they saw her with the car and she wasn't at home? Or do you think all three (four?) of the Anthonys buried Caylee together?

Looks like someone put a choke-hold on the media. It's about time. Like my husband said the day Casey was re-arrested for the stolen $$, LE don't have jack yet. He is an ex Asst. D.A. for Orleans

Isabelle,
Ray'sMom

WTH??

I had just read on the media thread that LE stated that it had been Caylee in the trunk, and that the hair had come from a decomposed Caylee.

I wish the reporters would not write reports that are so at odds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper