Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #75

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something interesting that I was unaware of until personal experience struck.

Rigor Mortis comes and goes.

I was always under the impression that once it set in it was there to stay. This is not true. It comes and goes.

That means a body that at one time could not be bent, could later be bent easily to fit into a tight spot.

The problem is that she's got an attorney and that may very well be extrememly difficult to arrange at this point-- and I don't think that Cindy and George are paying for him, like other people do. I think the recently released 30 odd second phone call between Casey and Lee gives me pause to think that perhaps Lee is paying for Jose.

And did you notice, Lee didn't ask her any questions about herself, either? Like he's not going to give her the satisfaction at this point.

I'm just wondering something. Can Jose prevent the FBI from questioning her? Did they?

Something interesting that I was unaware of until personal experience struck.

Rigor Mortis comes and goes.

I was always under the impression that once it set in it was there to stay. This is not true. It comes and goes.

That means a body that at one time could not be bent, could later be bent easily to fit into a tight spot.

That is true. After the body stats to break down muscle tissue and lactic acid is released, the body's limbs can be folded or bent.

Caylee was missing for 30-31 days. For the last 26 days, they've been babying her. Caylee being gone for 56-57 days now by my count and should mean babying is over. I think they need to push her into a corner until she cracks. She might just start getting panicked and who knows what will come out of her mouth. She might just say enough to find Caylee if she's provoked to the point where she'll do anything to get them to back off. IMO, these people have tip toed around her all her life. She's not used to anyone confronting her and challenging her.

Remember how Lacy's mother kept calling Scott and asking him what he did with Lacy, where is Lacy, give them Lacy back? Did Scott break? Did he panic? Did he stop calling his new lover and making plans with her? Nop and neither will Cayse.

Now Mark Hacking. His family got through him because Mark was already loosing it from killing his wife. I am not excusing him or anything please don't misunderstand me, but the way he reacted to killing his wife is very different from how Cayse reacted to whatever she did to Caylee. Mark lost it, running naked in hotel yard and being all crazy. He was ready to confess. His family only helped make it happen sooner and right then. Whatever happened to Caylee, Cayse seems that she went on her way pretty calm and composed. She is calm enough to take the police to her imaginary work place. Who does that?

I don't think the Anthony's will get through Cayse by any way: either sweet talking her and supporting her or confronting her and her lies. This is all in the police's hands now and what case they will build against her and what evidence they will find to bring Caylee home.

My personal opinion of course.

And did you notice, Lee didn't ask her any questions about herself, either? Like he's not going to give her the satisfaction at this point.

I'm just wondering something. Can Jose prevent the FBI from questioning her? Did they?

To my knowledge, she has never spoken with the FBI. And technically, as her attorney and with Casey's wishes, Jose can invoke her right to silence (much as the bogus Clark Rockefeller is doing now.) Further given what this chick lies about, I would imagine that ol' Jose ain't too keen on having his client speak with the FBI: the FBI WILL put you in jail for lying.

I can be totally wrong, but because I was watching some past interviews on youtube today, I remember seeing the LE who is in charge of the investigation (sorry I forget his name) saying to reporters that Cayse is not talking to them and the FBI and that is her right, but it will help bring Caylee home if she talked to them.

But perhaps someone can answer to your question better than me.

Good morning all.

I don't have cable and I don't get much local news coverage of this case where I live, so maybe I'm missing the answer to my question--does anyone know about the conditions of Casey's cell? What amenities does she have? TV? Decent food--by her standards? Does she have a "private" toilet, or does she have to do her business in front of a bunch of other low-lifes? What I'm getting at is that her current surroundings may not be "uncomfortable" enough to motivate her to do or say anything that could change her status quo. If only they could stick her in a "real" prison for a while, and tell her that she might avoid staying there if she'd fess up. Her actions, it seems, are always based on the paradigm of, "what's in it for me?". She'll only talk if she believes it will improve her own prospects.

I'm just wondering something. Can Jose prevent the FBI from questioning her?

Absolutely. Everybody has the right to remain silent, as you may recall from your Miranda rights warnings or Adam-12, Dragnet, Law & Order, etc.

What if it was Scott Peterson's own mother doing the questioning? I'm just saying that if Casey (she's only 22) was so hestitant with her dad about gas cans-I would think if he really pushed he'd get something out of her. I think when pressure comes from your own family, if they change tactics on how they deal with you versus the past way they dealt with you, it could be pretty unnerving. Especially since she's sitting in jail. We know she's used to a lifestyle of having fun fun fun.

Remember how Lacy's mother kept calling Scott and asking him what he did with Lacy, where is Lacy, give them Lacy back? Did Scott break? Did he panic? Did he stop calling his new lover and making plans with her? Nop and neither will Cayse.

Now Mark Hacking. His family got through him because Mark was already loosing it from killing his wife. I am not excusing him or anything please don't misunderstand me, but the way he reacted to killing his wife is very different from how Cayse reacted to whatever she did to Caylee. Mark lost it, running naked in hotel yard and being all crazy. He was ready to confess. His family only helped make it happen sooner and right then. Whatever happened to Caylee, Cayse seems that she went on her way pretty calm and composed. She is calm enough to take the police to her imaginary work place. Who does that?

I don't think the Anthony's will get through Cayse by any way: either sweet talking her and supporting her or confronting her and her lies. This is all in the police's hands now and what case they will build against her and what evidence they will find to bring Caylee home.

My personal opinion of course.

Your personal opinion is mine. The Anthonys have missed their opportunity to do this, early on. For example, during the first jail call between Casey, her mom, and Lee, Casey took control of that by confronting her mom about what she'd been saying on TV. Cindy fell right into it, rather than dismissing it and saying "Casey, you should tell the truth about Caylee. Where is she?" Instead the conversation was personal between the 2, in who's right and who's wrong.

I think the Anthony's should consult with a psychiatrist and ask for advice about how to get Casey to open up......

I think the Anthony's should consult with a psychiatrist and ask for advice about how to get Casey to open up......

They certainly need to do something because this whole situation is insane!

Or how better to deal with their conversations with her - dealing with an individual who is as deceitful and manipulative as Casey Anthony means you have to forego your own ego and "not hear" what she's saying to provoke you.

I have not seen any information regarding any kind of financial aid Casey may have received. This program was called AFDC (Aid to Families with Dependent Children) in the past but I don't know the current program or what aid is available. Most of us have thought either Casey had no job/therefore no income or no legitimate job. Is anyone familiar with the current financial aid available to single mothers?

Also, would stating that the father is unknown or deceased facilitate their eligibility for the program? (Could this have been one reason for the earlier need to do DNA testing to rule in/out "J" as the father?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazPsi