Caylee Anthony Missing 2 Year Old- General Discussion #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Use of the internet in police investigation

In September 2007 Chuck Cohen a 1st sergeant with the Indiana State Police told a class in Louisiana of 21 law enforcement agencies, studying "how criminals often leave an online trail at social networking sites such as MySpace and Facebook," that the Taylor Behl case marked one of the first times that police narrowed down their suspect pool using a MySpace friends list. Cohen said that Ben Fawley's Internet footprint eventually led police to Behl's body.[7]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Behl

In light of a semi-nasty comment made yesterday by someone (I can't remember who, it was a brand new member) about how "funny" it was that we were looking at the myspace and facebook pages of Casey and her friends. This person seemed to think that there was no value in investigating such irrelevant stuff, lol.

Except why draw attention to the apartment with the crazy kidnapping story, possibly clueing police in to what happened?
The only reason I think Casey even knew of those apartments was because Ric lived across the street. I don't think anything happened there. She had his address and added or subtracted one number in order to take LE to check it out. (IMO)

think the club is Fusian not Fusion...found a my space for a black and white party. I had thought the "ALL WHITE PARTY" (one of Casey's blurbs on a my space) meant perhaps drugs but I now see it's actually theme dressing. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=185794632

There's also a direct Fusian website but it's still under cunstruction. http://www.fusianultralounge.com/

I keep pondering Casey's mom making a big deal out of Casey's purse being found in the car and the way Cindy tried to plant the idea Casey certainly wouldn't leave her car along a route driven a couple of times a day by Cindy herself.

The purse seems a non-isssue to me because listening to the full tape of Casey and her brother Lee at apx 12:12 into the 14:47 taped conversation--Casey says he can prob'ly find her sim card for her phone if he checks through "some of the bags she had with her or one of those purses". Sounds like she changes purses often. http://www.wftv.com/video/17018743/index.html

To me it appears even more like the car was setup for her Mom to find and panic over, having this decoy purse sit in the car as well as being parked where her mother often drives past. Although it could well have been to entice some fool to take it too. Either or it just seems very staged

I also found it odd tonight that Cindy tells Larry Ling the story of the finding Casey and they drove around, there were three 911 call and she didn't panic until the last 911 call after she and Casey had come home and she overheard Casey telling Lee about what happened?where? Caylee was. So, Casey didn't tell her mom what was up with Caylee but instead Cindy had to overhear it being told to Lee. That's just odd imo.

I also find it odd that Casey wanted to talk to her brother to get Tony's phone number and knew that Lee would have it in his cell phone. Why, was Tony Lee's friend 1st? Or did Lee have Casey's phone? Casey and Lee sure seem to have some connection going. Was interesting though that on Casey's photobucket if ya wade through all those silly little graphics avatar things--there's one that says "I'm in love with a dealer" card dealer? drug dealer?...an interesting avatar but nothing much really, I guess. Just interesting.

Oh and the craigslist thing that was posted, someone thinking Casey looked so familar...I thought the same too and couldn't really place it then ah-ha! http://onpunto.com/Blogs/dogrular/Heidi_Fleiss_narrowweb__300x486,0.jpg
OK, yeah, Casey is much softer and younger looking but that's what made me think she looked familar.

I do wonder why the police aren't looking for Caylee in some way, that does bother me. I've mapped over 7 adresses I could gather from news, police reports etc and she stayed in a fairly tight area. I don't think it involves J-ville and all that. Anyhow, just hope this little baby girl is found safe.

Use of the internet in police investigation

In September 2007 Chuck Cohen a 1st sergeant with the Indiana State Police told a class in Louisiana of 21 law enforcement agencies, studying "how criminals often leave an online trail at social networking sites such as MySpace and Facebook," that the Taylor Behl case marked one of the first times that police narrowed down their suspect pool using a MySpace friends list. Cohen said that Ben Fawley's Internet footprint eventually led police to Behl's body.[7]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Behl

In light of a semi-nasty comment made yesterday by someone (I can't remember who, it was a brand new member) about how "funny" it was that we were looking at the myspace and facebook pages of Casey and her friends. This person seemed to think that there was no value in investigating such irrelevant stuff, lol.

I didn't read the semi-nasty comment, but I agree with you that the computer is a bevvy of info for the investigators.

Since Casey was all over the map for those 31 days, checking out the IPs of her postings on myspace and facebook and the IPs of emails that she sent would place her in specific places at specific times.

It sure beats eyewitness accounts!

Morning all.

I have a few before I have to get out of here. I just checked the OCSO to see if they have released anything new and, sadly, no. I find it telling that they haven't had a media update since 7/24 - that is now 6 days.

There must be so much going on behind the scenes that we don't know about and their silence is deafening.

According to this story, the attorney has until noon to file her psych eval. Don't know what that has to do with bail, but they seem to be saying that the hearing won't be until he does that...... Not sure, what do y'all think?

http://www.wesh.com/news/17034746/detail.html

That's how I am ready the story. Once the court of appeals and the District Attorney have the evaluation, then they will hold the bond hearing.

Her phys eval was part of the condition to be released so I guess they are speeding this up to get an idea on her "stability" . :waitasec:

WTH! Was that? U did see the video rgt? Who encourages a child to act out that way? Sad about Taylor.
What video? I just figured out it couldn't be her site because she was gone by then. It is SO sick that someone would use her photo tho. Someone did that with Jennifer Kesse's photo on a dating site. They spelled Taylor wrong, too. GRRR! I detest people who do this!

I really don't think they will let her out. They are going to be even more careful since the Duckett case. Maybe today will be the day and the bombs are going to drop. If her psych eval comes back fairly decent, they will need something else to keep her detained.

I guess I question what her reason could have been to lie about working at Universal. I'm almost sure her brother knew what her part was in the club.

yeah, but what reason does she have to lie about ANYTHING she's been lying about...I don't think she really feels like she needs a reason, and that's why I think this is so odd. I mean, she wasn't working at Fusion for the last three years, and she still was lying about working at Universal. I don't think it was anything illegal- I think she's just a liar. But who knows. Wouldn't surprise me.

Also, I have a hunch she wasn't getting paid by Fusion at all. But I suspect Tony, or Fusion themselves, will be able to answer that for LE. So if she wasn't getting paid, and if, in fact they DO confirm that she wasn't it's gonna look pretty f'in back for little Casey Marie.

The only reason I think Casey even knew of those apartments was because Ric lived across the street. I don't think anything happened there. She had his address and added or subtracted one number in order to take LE to check it out. (IMO)

Right, just pointing out that it wouldn't make sense to lead police to an apartment where something had been done, if she was involved.

ahhh ok. Casey told police she got the call where she talked to Caylee the day of her arrest she had told police she tried to call back to that number and it was disconnected. Now she tells Lee it was a private number which the number didn't show up, how did she call that number back? I don't think she got a call from Caylee.

The other day I posted about contacting the host of the "findingmissingcaylee" regarding the wrong contact # for the tips line. I heard back from the host and he told me he has nothing to do with the content, just hosting the site.

So wait a minute- am I to understand that the phone number is wrong on the myspace AND the website?:eek:

I hope I'm wrong..

think the club is Fusian not Fusion...found a my space for a black and white party. I had thought the "ALL WHITE PARTY" (one of Casey's blurbs on a my space) meant perhaps drugs but I now see it's actually theme dressing. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=185794632

There's also a direct Fusian website but it's still under cunstruction. http://www.fusianultralounge.com/

I keep pondering Casey's mom making a big deal out of Casey's purse being found in the car and the way Cindy tried to plant the idea Casey certainly wouldn't leave her car along a route driven a couple of times a day by Cindy herself. I agree. If Cindy did drive it twice a day and the car sat in full view for 3 days...why did Cindy mention that part? And why would she think that Casey leaving a purse in the car is unusual when she has lost to date...a car, a phone, and a child? I think it just fits with Casey's pattern.

The purse seems a non-isssue to me because listening to the full tape of Casey and her brother Lee at apx 12:12 into the 14:47 taped conversation--Casey says he can prob'ly find her sim card for her phone if he checks through "some of the bags she had with her or one of those purses". Sounds like she changes purses often. http://www.wftv.com/video/17018743/index.htmlShe probably had 20 Prada bags. :rolleyes:

To me it appears even more like the car was setup for her Mom to find and panic over, having this decoy purse sit in the car as well as being parked where her mother often drives past. Although it could well have been to entice some fool to take it too. Either or it just seems very staged. Could be she didn't do the staging alone tho. How convenient it was right on Cindy's way to and from work!

I also found it odd tonight that Cindy tells Larry Ling the story of the finding Casey and they drove around, there were three 911 call and she didn't panic until the last 911 call after she and Casey had come home and she overheard Casey telling Lee about what happened?where? Caylee was. So, Casey didn't tell her mom what was up with Caylee but instead Cindy had to overhear it being told to Lee. That's just odd imo. Cindy tossing in that Caylee was missing like an afterthought on the call is what was odd to me. She was more concerned about the car and the cash.

I also find it odd that Casey wanted to talk to her brother to get Tony's phone number and knew that Lee would have it in his cell phone. Why, was Tony Lee's friend 1st? Or did Lee have Casey's phone? Casey and Lee sure seem to have some connection going. I figure that since she was dating Tony (if you call it that), she had probably given the number to Lee at some point.

Oh and the craigslist thing that was posted, someone thinking Casey looked so familar...I thought the same too and couldn't really place it then ah-ha! http://onpunto.com/Blogs/dogrular/Heidi_Fleiss_narrowweb__300x486,0.jpg
OK, yeah, Casey is much softer and younger looking but that's what made me think she looked familar. Hahahahaha~ She DOES look a bit like her, doesn't she?!

I do wonder why the police aren't looking for Caylee in some way, that does bother me. I've mapped over 7 adresses I could gather from news, police reports etc and she stayed in a fairly tight area. I don't think it involves J-ville and all that. Anyhow, just hope this little baby girl is found safe.
Thanks! I kept going between Fusian and Fusion since I was not sure of the spelling. Now I have to start over on that research.

I also noticed how tight her little corner of the world in Orlando was. Interesting.

After reading the transcript of LK live, it is telling that Casey did not tell her mom that Cahley was missing even after they got back together after all that time. NOt even a "hey by the way, Cayley was kidnapped". The only nanny theory that works is that she took Cayley because Casey never paid her for all that time.

I think they are torn on what to do with Casey because of the Trenton Duckett case. If they let her out in the hopes that she'll lead them to Caylee or an idea of where she is then she may do the same thing as Melinda. In Casey's case if she did I'd suspect a drug overdose. Putting her in jail hasn't made her crack or gotten any valuable information from her.

I know many of you think she loves herself too much to commit suicide but we never had a clue that Melinda would kill herself either. That child has never been found. Obviously Casey is some kind of head case since there's been no emotion shown about her daughter.

I thought (and I may be wrong) that her Simm card WAS WITH the phone that LE has - it was just the Blackjack phone that was missing as she swapped the Simm card back and forth - am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!