Caylee opening the sliding glass door photo

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The prosecution would have been given the image file as evidence. They also got to see it right in front of their faces in court. Bloggers and forum posters never got to see the real thing, yet some are saying it looks altered (Photoshopped).

Assume for a moment that it has been 'Shopped. Why didn't the State see that while some Internet folks can? Is the State just gullible in that area?

Isn't the more likely explanation that when you see the real thing, it doesn't appear to be altered?

Yes, I understand that but anyone with a brain would know that these doors are very heavy. And everyone at some point has experienced opening them. It was taken of her trying to open it - trying. Tracey and Dick who were Padillas assists. said the door was very very heavy and there was no way she could open it.

But I did not need them to tell me that.

I should have been on this jury.

Sorry, I thought you meant its importance was minor to the jury. I do think using that picture, altered or not, had a great deal of importance to the case if the jury used it to prove to themselves that Caylee could have opened that door. That was obviously the intention of the defense for entering it into evidence. Apparently, it did its job.

My question would be why would someone take a picture of Caylee trying to open that door and then not to take precautions not to make sure it was secure. It seems odd to take a picture of her doing that in the first place and then not securing the door at the top with another lock. They are cheap. I don't think the A's were concerned because the door was too heavy for Caylee to move at the time. Just can't imagine the A's were so consciousencious of continually removing the ladder, moving the utility box away from the pool and then not take precautions on securing the door which was an easy, cheap fix.

CA gave them that picture. My question would be, when???? jmo

I agree. The A's seemed very protective and cautious of toddler dangers. If Caylee could open that door, no way would the A's not fix it so she couldn't. At my house, on our front and back door and the door that goes down to our basement, we have a regular lock on the door knobs and a deadbolt. At the ages of 2 and 3, my kids were able to open both. The deadbolt was hard to open even for me sometimes. After the first time they opened one of the doors like this, my husband went and got chain locks and put near the tops of all 3 doors. He put them up so high, that now even at almost 4 and 5, and above avg height, they still cannot reach them when they drag chairs over to try! I definitely think this is something the A's would have done, ESPECIALLY with a pool in the backyard and all the precautions they took.

My question would be why would someone take a picture of Caylee trying to open that door and then not to take precautions not to make sure it was secure. It seems odd to take a picture of her doing that in the first place and then not securing the door at the top with another lock. They are cheap. I don't think the A's were concerned because the door was too heavy for Caylee to move at the time. Just can't imagine the A's were so consciousencious of continually removing the ladder, moving the utility box away from the pool and then not take precautions on securing the door which was an easy, cheap fix.

CA gave them that picture. My question would be, when???? jmo

ITA!.
When? Perhaps the day "she stopped looking for Zenaida."

have those tennis shoes ever been identified as ones belonging to Caylee? they dont seem to match her other girlish shoes in the pics posted. i have to admit i nver studied her shoes so if anyone has a thought on this i'd love to hear it or see the picture.

Anyone remember the interview Cindy did in their home and there was a young girl that Cindy was "babysitting" playing in Caylee's room? Does anyone know where that interview is or remember what the little girl was wearing? Could it be that the picture is of this other little girl but Cindy knew that she needed some "evidence" to get KC off so she used the pic and said it was Caylee?!

PAdila female helper Can't recall her name said the other night that that door was heavy. She also said she had trouble opening it. I doubted the pic the first time I saw it.

Wasn't the DVD of pics one of the very last things the defense handed over? I don't even think it was within the established time.

have those tennis shoes ever been identified as ones belonging to Caylee? they dont seem to match her other girlish shoes in the pics posted. i have to admit i nver studied her shoes so if anyone has a thought on this i'd love to hear it or see the picture.

You can watch a video from Caylee's 2nd Birthday. She is wearing a pair of chunky athletic shoes with bold black stripes. If you look at my post #367 you won't see those shoes in that hanging shoe rack. I don't know where they are, or if they are the same ones we see in the glass door image.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Shoes.png
    Shoes.png
    369.6 KB · Views: 198
You can watch a video from Caylee's 2nd Birthday. She is wearing a pair of chunky athletic shoes with bold black stripes. If you look at my post #367 you won't see those shoes in that hanging shoe rack. I don't know where they are, or if they are the same ones we see in the glass door image.

attachment.php

IMO, these are NOT the same sneakers. Caylee's b'day pic shows, black/white/black from the sole up. In the pic with the child at the glass door, they are the opposite. White/black/white from the sole up and they appear to be "hightops". Caylee's were not hightips. This picture was injected into this case insinuating that Caylee could open that door, only THAT child was not Caylee. I'm convinced.

My question would be why would someone take a picture of Caylee trying to open that door and then not to take precautions not to make sure it was secure. It seems odd to take a picture of her doing that in the first place and then not securing the door at the top with another lock. They are cheap. I don't think the A's were concerned because the door was too heavy for Caylee to move at the time. Just can't imagine the A's were so consciousencious of continually removing the ladder, moving the utility box away from the pool and then not take precautions on securing the door which was an easy, cheap fix. CA gave them that picture. My question would be, when???? jmo

Just found this topic and thought I'd share my :twocents:

I use Adobe Photoshop and Premiere A LOT! (Photoshop is of course for still images... Premiere is for videos.) In Premiere, you can freeze a video frame and "capture" a still image from it...which can then be uploaded to photoshop to enhance or print. (i.e. I missed a still shot at a wedding, but had it on my video to create a still shot from.)

Anyway...I don't think someone actually "took" a photo of her opening the door. I think someone was shooting video and she walked up to the glass door "pretending/trying" to open it. Same with ALL those pool shots with Cindy...up one step..then another...then down one...then another. No one takes that many dang pics! They are obviously from a video too.

Also, like others posted, NO WAY can she slide open that heavy glass door. She may be able to reach it...but even I have to "plant" me feet on the floor and jerk with all my might to get it started. Once it is in motion it is easy.

IMO, these are NOT the same sneakers. Caylee's b'day pic shows, black/white/black from the sole up. In the pic with the child at the glass door, they are the opposite. White/black/white from the sole up and they appear to be "hightops". Caylee's were not hightips. This picture was injected into this case insinuating that Caylee could open that door, only THAT child was not Caylee. I'm convinced.

My main point was that we cannot decide if the little girl at the door is, or is not Caylee, based on the shoes. We see her wearing shoes on her birthday that are not in the shoe rack. The assortment of shoes in the rack may not fully represent all of Caylee's shoes.

The birthday video proves that: you may see Caylee wearing shoes which are not in that rack.

PAdila female helper Can't recall her name said the other night that that door was heavy. She also said she had trouble opening it. I doubted the pic the first time I saw it.

That was Tracy, and I also saw her last night describing how heavy the sliding glass door is. I have had doubts regarding that photo since it was first released, since it seemed to suddenly appear to bolster the drowning theory, without a frontal view to confirm it is Caylee.

MOO

I use Adobe Photoshop and Premiere A LOT! (Photoshop is of course for still images... Premiere is for videos.) In Premiere, you can freeze a video frame and "capture" a still image from it...which can then be uploaded to photoshop to enhance or print. (i.e. I missed a still shot at a wedding, but had it on my video to create a still shot from.)

Anyway...I don't think someone actually "took" a photo of her opening the door. I think someone was shooting video and she walked up to the glass door "pretending/trying" to open it. Same with ALL those pool shots with Cindy...up one step..then another...then down one...then another. No one takes that many dang pics! They are obviously from a video too.

Also, like others posted, NO WAY can she slide open that heavy glass door. She may be able to reach it...but even I have to "plant" me feet on the floor and jerk with all my might to get it started. Once it is in motion it is easy.

I always have to brace myself with one hand on the frame and pull the door handle with the other. They are all very heavy even for an adult. Even at 3 the handle would be above her head. For me it's at waist level. Common sense says she could not open it, slide through yes if it were open far enough, but open in no. jmo

I always have to brace myself with one hand on the frame and pull the door handle with the other. They are all very heavy even for an adult. Even at 3 the handle would be above her head. For me it's at waist level. Common sense says she could not open it, slide through yes if it were open far enough, but open in no. jmo
That picture means little to me. If it was a video showing Caylee walking over to the door and sliding it open it would mean something. This picture could easily show her TRYING to close an already open door. Or TRYING to open a partially open door further. Not much more than that.

New to posting here but have followed the case since the beginning.

The first thing that popped out at me from the birthday photo and the sliding door photo is Caylee's left hand. JMO but it looks clenched the same way in both photos. Does anyone know if she was right or left handed? If right handed wouldn't she be trying to open that door with her right hand? The photo looks odd to me since the first time I saw it.

Even if the photo is Caylee it doesn't prove she can open the door by herself. It only proves she was reaching and trying to open the door. Most kids do this.

If this was from a video don't you think it is strange that we did not get to see the video and only this one still photo. jmo

New to posting here but have followed the case since the beginning.

The first thing that popped out at me from the birthday photo and the sliding door photo is Caylee's left hand. JMO but it looks clenched the same way in both photos. Does anyone know if she was right or left handed? If right handed wouldn't she be trying to open that door with her right hand? The photo looks odd to me since the first time I saw it.

Which birthday photo? If you have a link, I can compare the two.
The consensus in this thread seemed to be that she was right handed.

That was Tracy, and I also saw her last night describing how heavy the sliding glass door is. I have had doubts regarding that photo since it was first released, since it seemed to suddenly appear to bolster the drowning theory, without a frontal view to confirm it is Caylee.

MOO

And why would someone be taking a pic of the back of a child trying to open a door anyway? Pic was a plant. Nicely done, Grandma.

I also think Tracy was being honest when she said the door was heavy. Sliding glass ones typically are and this one didn't appear to be a screen door which is often lighter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferM2017
Back