Caylee's Funeral

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not disagreeing. The ME has completed their autopsy and has no further need of the body, they have released it. The defense is doing their exam independently, it does not involve the ME, the courts, or the county morgue. When they are done, Casey will have to approve the final arrangements, either by signing them herself or by giving the power to George and Cindy.
Ok, question...wasn't it stated that the As had the power of attorney? Remember the whole going to the lawyer after Caylee was born? Was or wasn't it mentioned then? I know that guardianship was, but I assumed they did a POA. I could be VERY wrong, just can't remember that far back. Anyway, it may only be relevant/enforceable if Casey had died.

According to the news link provided here, Caylee's remains were released slightly over a week ago. Given the circumstances and the Holiday time, I am not surprised that she has not been buried yet.
I see nothing improper here. I think there is a mountain being made from a molehill. This child will have her respectful funeral as she rightly deserves. I have no doubt that will happen. Sometimes things are not covert nor personally selfish. I think this is one of those times and some reasonable respect should be given. Not all things happen/occur when we on the outside want them to...

imho

The circumstances are that she has already been used and allowed to rot for more than 6 months...that is disgraceful and she ought be laid to rest asap.

Re the holidays...do you think they are going to sit around a xmas tree, sing carols and have a merry xmas....if they truly only found out their granddaughter was dead only 2 weeks ago, I can't see how this was possible, so don't see why Xmas and NY should stop them. Many people hold funerals over that time...no one wants their loved ones to sit and rot while they party, or perhaps I should say, almost no one (we know at least 1 A doesn't have a problem with it).

I realize the court is not holding the body. The morgue is where dead people lie until they are released for burial. Maybe Florida is different that GA, because I recently went through all this and my brother stayed in the morgue after the ME had done his autopsy and the investigators wrapped up their work. Then he was released to the funeral home many days after autopsy because she put off signing the papers, so he just stayed in the morgue. The ME wouldn't release him. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this Chilly. :)

According to the media the remains were released and picked up by the funeral home on December 21 or 23rd. (not sure which date and two different stations had two different dates)

The circumstances are that she has already been used and allowed to rot for more than 6 months...that is disgraceful and she ought be laid to rest asap.

Re the holidays...do you think they are going to sit around a xmas tree, sing carols and have a merry xmas....if they truly only found out their granddaughter was dead only 2 weeks ago, I can't see how this was possible, so don't see why Xmas and NY should stop them. Many people hold funerals over that time...no one wants their loved ones to sit and rot while they party, or perhaps I should say, almost no one (we know at least 1 A doesn't have a problem with it).

Isn't that the truth !!! They are waiting to see if they can get immunity because LE said they won't be arrested until after the funeral services out of respect for Caylee. They are also most likely "shopping" deals for rights to the funeral.

The Anthonys may let her sit there for months, knowing them.

LE said they KNEW who the father was, so he would have to have notified of the death and offered custody of the body jointly with KC. LE said he was not dead, so..........

If the father was not a family member then he would have had to sign off for the Anthonys to take the remains. Think about it.

Ok, question...wasn't it stated that the As had the power of attorney? Remember the whole going to the lawyer after Caylee was born? Was or wasn't it mentioned then? I know that guardianship was, but I assumed they did a POA. I could be VERY wrong, just can't remember that far back. Anyway, it may only be relevant/enforceable if Casey had died.

That was not a power of attorney, it was something giving them custody of Caylee if something happened to Casey. It wouldn't apply here.

This is ridiculous that they can't lay Caylee to rest!! wth are they doing??!! :furious:

I just wish they would bury this child. I don't see the reason for the defense to have to do their own examination as it was stated that nothing further would be learned by them doing the exact same thing that had already been done. I think I read that KC had signed over arrangements to her parents for Caylee's burial. They need to quit stalling and take care of it. I know her little soul is not there but they just seem to keep degrading her every chance they get.

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE...BUT IN THE ANTHONYS CASE...THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOUR BUTT IN JAIL!

LE said they KNEW who the father was, so he would have to have notified of the death and offered custody of the body jointly with KC. LE said he was not dead, so..........

If the father was not a family member then he would have had to sign off for the Anthonys to take the remains. Think about it.

Do you have a link to this information?

Harleysnana, please help explain it then. What is it that KC needs to do other than sign the documents she's already signed? :)

Do we know what the documents she signed were for? We assume it was to allow C&G to go ahead with funeral plans.
I would guess Casey signed docs to allow for the 2nd autopsy or as Dr Perper says viewing the skeletal remains, since it's really not an autopsy.
Would she need to sign 2 different sets of legal docs:
1. allow the defense to conduct their own testing and then,
2. allow C&G to go ahead with a funeral.

I didn't know LE knows who the father is!!!! WOW on that. Poor guy, he finds out that he's a dad but his daughter has been murdered.

Isn't that the truth !!! They are waiting to see if they can get immunity because LE said they won't be arrested until after the funeral services out of respect for Caylee. They are also most likely "shopping" deals for rights to the funeral.

In this instance I place blame for Caylee's funeral being delayed on Casey, Baez and his Defense Team and not necessarily on C&G.
IMO it's Baez and his Defense that is taking their time with "examining the skeletal remains" and conducting their own testing (toxicology etc...)

Do you have a link to this information?

I heard/read what Turbothink posted about as well about LE knowing who Caylee's father is.
I can't give you a link. I don't remember where I read it.
I believe it was reported either right before of just after the Murder Indictment.

ITA. I think the police should give them a couple of more days, then not hold back if they still haven't had the funeral. I feel very strongly they knew the body was down the road, and if so, want to see them prosecuted.

Excellent point!

In the last doc drop (I believe), there is a statement from LE stating they followed up with the A's atty who was supposed to handle the POA. He had no paperwork to indicate it had happened.

Actually this didn't need to be handled by an atty. My ex and I had a document signed and stamped by a notary giving my parents POA and temporary guardianship for our 1st dd that was completely legal. So if the A's did get POA for Caylee when she was an infant, like they said they did, they can handle this without KC.

If the A's have been trying to work a deal with the state for KC to be allowed to attend the private funeral, it makes perfect sense that this was not going to be done overnight, this alone could have been held up by the holidays.

I see nothing sinister in not rushing through this final act for their granddaughter. I still believe they have though Caylee to be alive all this time regardless what was going on behind the scenes. They are grieving. I wish people would leave them alone.

That was not a power of attorney, it was something giving them custody of Caylee if something happened to Casey. It wouldn't apply here.

Except LE confirmed with the attorney who supposedly did this - no file
on Caylee . Nothing exists concerning Caylee and her grandparents Cindy stretched the truth again .......

Why Lie about this ? How long does it take for them to realize LE will
verify the truth of anything they say .

Thank you for the link, Capri. I'm sorry, but I don't see anything in the article that indicates Casey has signed over any rights to Cindy/George. Legally, all funeral arrangements are up to Casey, no matter what Cindy/George may want to do.
-------------
Thanks.I asked about the same thing a few pages back,haven't seen a reply.GA.and CA.can say anything they want but if KC. doesn't give them power to bury her or cremate her,they cant touch her.I dont think KC. would be mean enough to have Baez handle it but one never knows.Maybe she wants to wait til after the trial ~ you know ~when she's free.

-------------
Thanks.I asked about the same thing a few pages back,haven't seen a reply.GA.and CA.can say anything they want but if KC. doesn't give them power to bury her or cremate her,they cant touch her.I dont think KC. would be mean enough to have Baez handle it but one never knows.Maybe she wants to wait til after the trial ~ you know ~when she's free.

IIRC, Baez made a comment once about something not being to Casey's benefit. If Casey sees a benefit in hurting her family (again) by denying them a funeral and memorial service, she would do so in a heartbeat. On the other hand, Baez might convince her that acting as a devasted mother who wants her baby laid to rest properly would help the defense. In that case, she might chose that "benefit" and Baez will hold a presser detailing how awful it is that she can't attend.

Perhaps pay for Caylee's funeral?

ETA: I haven't seen anything saying that Casey has signed over any rights to her parents. I believe the ball is still in her court to finalize whatever needs to be done for the funeral arrangements.

I haven't seen anything either that Casey signed over Caylee's remains to her parents. I think the media is "assuming" this happened because Caylee is at the funeral home. IMO, based on what is being reported that a second autopsy is suppose to be done by the defense team, then it appears as though Casey is still in control until the second autopsy is completed.

I haven't seen anything either that Casey signed over Caylee's remains to her parents. I think the media is "assuming" this happened because Caylee is at the funeral home. IMO, based on what is being reported that a second autopsy is suppose to be done by the defense team, then it appears as though Casey is still in control until the second autopsy is completed.

the defense team is waiting for ME autopsy reports before doing/finishing their reports...IMO look for the wholes they can attack....Monday they are supposed to get the reports...according to JAP ME they really don't need the reports....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89