Caylee's Funeral

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the defense received the reports from the prosecution yet? According to reports, that's the hold up.

The ANS case was very different. She was an adult, with a Will, and had expressed her own intentions re burial.

It's not different in that it shows that the next of kin does not necessarily have automatic rights. A father who was never part of this little girl's life and never even acknowledged her would likely not be awarded the right's to her remains.

Has the defense received the reports from the prosecution yet? According to reports, that's the hold up.

I think in yesterday's i.v., GA said that was the hold up. But of course, we don't know if GA is telling the truth or not! The Judge gave them 14 days (I forget when that happened) and JB wrote them before xmas urging them to hurry. We should find out more tomorrow about what the hold up is.

I think in yesterday's i.v., GA said that was the hold up. But of course, we don't know if GA is telling the truth or not! The Judge gave them 14 days (I forget when that happened) and JB wrote them before xmas urging them to hurry. We should find out more tomorrow about what the hold up is.

It's been reported elsewhere and has been since last week. I think it's safe to believe George in this instance :rolleyes:

It's not different in that it shows that the next of kin does not necessarily have automatic rights. A father who was never part of this little girl's life and never even acknowledged her would likely not be awarded the right's to her remains.

With all due respect, they were very different issues. I was a keen observer in the ANS case! HS was arguing she'd expressed an intention to be buried beside her son in the Bahamas, Virgie wanted Daniel exhumed and ANS and him to be buried in Texas. They are not arguing over Caylee's intention re burial here at all. I don't think there is any question that a parent can make that decision for a toddler, but in the ANS case, the court didn't think a parent's wishes should overtake an adult deceased's intentions re burial. That Hearing was a mess, mostly because of the Judge IMO.

It's been reported elsewhere and has been since last week. I think it's safe to believe George in this instance :rolleyes:

I saw the letters before xmas b/w JB and the SA and frankly, the SA didn't seem in a hurry to provide him the stuff (I wish they would just give it to them, if they haven't already). Other than from GA, I haven't heard one way or the other that they hadn't got the stuff yet. What other sources did you come across?

I just want Caylee to have the music, the flowers, the kind words she so richly deserves while being buried with the dignity and respect she has been denied for so long. Is it too much to ask of these people?! Hasn't she been held as Casey's "hostage" long enough?!

If he signed off on his parental rights, you might be right. If, however, he never knew he was the father until recently, then I think he would be entitled to exercise some parental rights?? A family lawyer would probably know the answer to that one better than I! I suspect this is a moot point however, as I think it highly unlikely we are about to hear who the father is anytime soon, though anything can happen in this case it seems!

If he signed off on his parental rights, you might be right. If, however, he never knew he was the father until recently, then I think he would be entitled to exercise some parental rights?? A family lawyer would probably know the answer to that one better than I! I suspect this is a moot point however, as I think it highly unlikely we are about to hear who the father is anytime soon, though anything can happen in this case it seems!

Unless he's been living in a cave and has never heard anything about this case, he has no plans to come forward. Or he's deceased.

Why do they(defense team) need the State's reports right now? Are they not able to come to conclusions on their own? Again, the defense wants paperwork so they do not have to do any for themselves. These bones are not and should not be what is holding up a funeral. My bet is they don't need to look at bones at all unless they want to find kc guilty of something. They got a favorable report and should be running with it, not delaying. if they want to nit-pick that and say they can't look at bones due to not having a report.....I don't buy it uh, they do have forensic people who could look at bones, correct? Heck, take a picture and x-ray them, for heavens sake. This is another scam by the defense. Tomorrow the trial is supposed to start, but I guess these bones and the defense are, once again, going to be another excuse for a delay. This baby should be laid to rest. The Anthonys could demand it but as you can see they are playing the defense game.

My BIL was murdered and that was in L.A. It took a very long time for the autopsy. We held a public memorial. When the body was released after 3 weeks, we had a very private funeral. So I don't get where the A's are at.

The Anthonys could also do a Memorial....The don't need the body for that. They have been grieving for almost almost 6 months. It is a shame and I am guessing they do not want that final goodbye. If that were their point, I can understand their delay.

Who is to say that Caylee's father would have even known that he was a father, until all this mess hit the news. Casey was 7 months pregnant before anyone knew and even then it was denied. If she has been sleeping with all the guys that we know of in the few months that we know about as a 23 year old mother, I can't imagine what she was doing at 18.What if it was a guy that moved on with his life, went to college and moved out of state, got married and has a family now. Maybe he is of the sort that doesn't see any reason to interject himself in to the mess. If he is alive I don't blame him for not coming forward.

Why do they(defense team) need the State's reports right now? Are they not able to come to conclusions on their own? Again, the defense wants paperwork so they do not have to do any for themselves. These bones are not and should not be what is holding up a funeral. My bet is they don't need to look at bones at all unless they want to find kc guilty of something. They got a good report and if they want to nit-pick that and say they can't look at bones due to not having a report.....I don't buy it uh, they do have forensic people who could look at bones. Heck, take a picture and x-ray them, for heavens sake. This is another scam by the defense. Tomorrow the trial is supposed to start, but I guess these bones and the defense are, once again, going to delay. This baby should be laid to rest. The Anthonys could demand it but as you can see they are playing the defense game.

I am still waiting for her to go to trial on the first set of charges...or isn't the defense ready for that yet either?

The Anthonys could also do a Memorial....don't need the body for that...they are delaying and I don't see their attitude changing anytime soon....hope I'm wrong.

I'm not an attorney but I think its a normal part of disclosure and the legal process. JB petitioned the court for the evidence and received a favorable order (the official document is available). I agree with Chilly's previous posts in that the holidays probably play into the ability to conduct the 2nd autopsy within a time period that most WS'ers are stating they feel to be a reasonable amount of time. I've only read media reports as to the disposition of Caylee's remains and no official documents, so I can only guess.

My opinion is that this is a very personal matter and is entirely up to the immediate family.

I just want Caylee to have the music, the flowers, the kind words she so richly deserves while being buried with the dignity and respect she has been denied for so long. Is it too much to ask of these people?! Hasn't she been held as Casey's "hostage" long enough?!
i agree with you about this .. but caylee has had all of this and so much more than most murdered children get .. people writing songs about her sending balloons up for her poems for her ..the beautiful memorial her beautiful little face seen all over the net and tv videos of her with beautiful songs (caylee will forever be in our hearts as a live little angel because of these things we got to see her alive to see what kind of baby she was .. just so precious . . though they arnt formal they are from the hearts of those that are good kind people and that counts too .so many ws'rs have made beautiful tributes too ..and whats amazing is how many lives she has touched and people she has changed forever .in a good way and in a very tragic and sad way she got what casey thought she was taking from her .. attention and love while casey is hated and rotting in a jail cell and i think now people will pay more attention to their loved ones and not take time with them for granted

i agree with you about this .. but caylee has had all of this and so much more than most murdered children get .. people writing songs about her sending balloons up for her poems for her ..the beautiful memorial her beautiful little face seen all over the net and tv videos of her with beautiful songs. . though they arnt formal they are from the hearts of those that are good kind people and that counts too .so many ws'rs have made beautiful tributes too ..and whats amazing is how many lives she has touched and people she has changed forever .in a good way and in a very tragic and sad way she got what casey thought she was taking from her .. attention and love while casey is hated and rotting in a jail cell and i think now people will pay more attention to their loved ones and not take time with them for granted

I think Caylee has become iconic of all the murdered children, for many people. Including us. And, KC? I know of what SHE has become symbolic. :-(

I think Caylee has become iconic of all the murdered children, for many people. Including us. And, KC? I know of what SHE has become symbolic. :-(
yeah :( i hope they make some kind of caylee law/punishment type thing or something to honor caylee and all other angels that have gone too soon from us

Regardless of who was appointed to make the arrangements, Caylee can not be buried until the defense is through with her.

If the father hasn't come forward by now, he doesn't plan to. No one told him he could be the father???? If he knows how babies are made and he knows he had relations with Caylee, no one should have to tell him. Regardless, that would not result in a wrongful death suit against the Anthonys.

OK! This is the Twilight Zone! I'm agreeing with you all the time, lately, CW! :blowkiss:

With all due respect, they were very different issues. I was a keen observer in the ANS case! HS was arguing she'd expressed an intention to be buried beside her son in the Bahamas, Virgie wanted Daniel exhumed and ANS and him to be buried in Texas. They are not arguing over Caylee's intention re burial here at all. I don't think there is any question that a parent can make that decision for a toddler, but in the ANS case, the court didn't think a parent's wishes should overtake an adult deceased's intentions re burial. That Hearing was a mess, mostly because of the Judge IMO.

THAT judge! OMG! Don't remind me!:eek:
:blowkiss:

This case IS that crazy!

But, a father is MUCH more than a little accidental genetic material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper