Caylee's Funeral

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect to all the posters here who I am sure don't mean to offend anyone, I must say I personally have a bit of a problem with and am cringing every time I read about this place being a strip mall place, dumpy etc. I can understand discussing lack of security, but given Caylee is not the first person to have rested there, I am finding it disrespectful to the families of all the other people who have rested there before Caylee. I know that no one intends to be disrespectful. I get that I may be the only one cringing at the comments about how cheap the place looks etc, but perhaps I'm not and maybe we can ensure we are respectful of other families who may have had their loved ones there???

I AGREE! :clap:

My thoughts might be a day late and dollar short but I want to share them nevertheless. I did not know that people got 'invited' to public memorials. Is this a new thing or just Cindy's thing? Doesn't the meaning of the word 'public' still hold true or is she trying to redefine it? IMHO, it just does not sound right to say that so-and-so will not get an invite because they don't like a person. It would seem more appropriate if the family would set aside their personal feelings for their precious granddaughter that is no longer with them. They should ask themselves if Caylee would be happy if she knew how grandma and grandpa were acting. They should conduct themselves in a way that would make that little girl smile down on them. I wouldn't be a bit surprise if you had to have a ticket to attend. The mean side of me kinda wishes that no one would show up for the A's PUBLIC memorial and instead, have one of their own.

My compassionette side tells me to drive there from NC where I live and line the streets to Caylee's final resting place or memorial... belive me if I could be there I WOULD.....

I just had a thought! If they go with cremation, they can receive the ashes and keep them indefinitely - even scatter them in their back yard by the play house if they want! There may never be an official ceremony or anything! Could be a "memorial" service in their driveway I suppose!!! UGH these people!

There aren't a lot of remains to cremate I would think. only bones to do the pulverize thing to that they do because bones don't burn. My parents elected cremation - took 24 hours, very inexpensive and I received the remains in my choice of a pretty urn or a plastic bag in a cardboard box - full grown adults ended up weighing about 3 pounds. It is very odd walking in your house and wondering where to put them until the ceremony - kitchen counter? Leave in the car? Top of the TV? Bedroom closet? It was so creepy to me that I had my husband put them somewhere and promise not to tell me. That worked ok.

Not trying to be funny here but looking back even my mom and dad would laugh and that makes me smile. To them, the soul is no longer here, only the physical body that had any and all organ donations performed to try to help another living person.

Delurking, as I know exactly how you felt! Both my parents elected cremation as well. My Dad died first, wanted his ashes scattered at the lake and I was so surprised at getting this sturdy, sort of vertical shoebox that was so heavy. To top it off, the funeral home gave us a tote bag for it.

When it came time to scatter the ashes, actually, none of us could do it, so the priest went out on the little boat for us and performed the scattering.

My Mom was a totally different story. She wanted to be cremated but buried, so my sister went to the funeral home and ordered probably the most expensive mahogany urn/box and had it engraved. Not exactly what Mom had in mind, but I couldn't break it to my sister at that point.

Anyway, we did pick Mom up a couple of days before the service (due to people coming from out of town), and it was the strangest thing: what do we do Mom? I mean, we knew it wasn't Mom, and yet...So we ended up setting her in her favorite chair until the night before the service.

I picked her up, told my sister to get in the car, and we toured all of the houses we had lived before, the churches she attended, the university, the clubs Mom belonged to,etc, and, as the final stop, her absolutely, positively, favorite hamburger joint. We stopped there and ordered her specials, ate in the car, then went home.

what do we do Mom? I mean, we knew it wasn't Mom, and yet...So we ended up setting her in her favorite chair until the night before the service.

I picked her up, told my sister to get in the car, and we toured all of the houses we had lived before, the churches she attended, the university, the clubs Mom belonged to,etc, and, as the final stop, her absolutely, positively, favorite hamburger joint. We stopped there and ordered her specials, ate in the car, then went home.

What a lovely idea, I bet your Mom loved that special tour of memories and good times with you guys. That have me a big smile just reading your post. :)

She is very lucky to have such thoughtful and caring daughters. :blowkiss:

My compassionette side tells me to drive there from NC where I live and line the streets to Caylee's final resting place or memorial... belive me if I could be there I WOULD.....

I'm in SC and would love to go also but unfortunately I would probably be one of those that screams out the nasty thoughts in my head and I don't think I want to be on TV as a result. *lol*

Why will Leonard Padilla not be invited?

I don't know but he probably refused to drink the kook aid a long time ago.
Or...perhaps Cindy thinks the camera would be on him MORE than on her.

I'm still hung up on this 'invite' statement. They are not doing it with a good heart (my opinion) and they are not putting Caylee first. The memorial should be about those that cares for Caylee - and no one should be excluded. They should be grateful that so many of us care. They should be grateful that Lenny was the first person to come forward and handed Casey the 'get out of jail card for FREE' card which gave them the opportunity to have her with them for those few weeks before she lost her 'get out of jail card' and headed back to jail. I, for one, much rather have Lenny as a friend than an enemy.

Hi Suki,

Public means open to all as far as i have known. CA is just showing her miserable disposition and sounds like she may hire people to make sure Leonard doesn't try to come in to the service.

Well, CA's miserable ole disposition is giving me one too - and I don't like to have evil thoughts when thinking of Caylee. Public does mean just that - that is why I don't understand why she would use the word 'invite'

I would be surprise if Leonard doesn't show up.

Sorry, but I think that entirely too much is being made of the funeral home and Caylee's remains at this point. What is the real difference in having remains in a box or having ashes in a box? Caylee herself is not there, she has no connection to the place. So what if the place looks like a dive, it IS a funeral home after all, and everybody knows what happens to bodies sent there for preparation...not something I like to think of. Consider yourself lucky if you have never been involved in the behind the scenes workings. I DO agree that the funeral/memorial should be done ASAP so as to help with the healing process of us all and dignity for Caylee. Another point I have...Cremation in the south is just now starting to take hold on a larger scale. It is cheaper than traditional burial. It has always been thought of as barbaric...that the body should be placed into the soil...I say this to say that what is seen as awful to some, is not really as bad as it seems. Also, do we REALLY KNOW that the remains are REALLY at that funeral home????

Wouldn't that be a relief. I keep thinking about that. That somewhere out there she has a father and a whole other family that need to know she was theirs. Maybe they would be interested in seeing justice done for her. Maybe they would love and respect her enough to do right by her. She so deserves it.

The father hasn't ever been involved with her, in life. Why would he be involved in death?

It may be that neither he nor KC know that he is the father.

I'm kind of amazed at the ongoing concern about paternity. It has nothing to do with the case.

KC did it. We know why. We know who. We know she is the only only one responsible. We know the father has never been a part of her life.

I used to think so as well Whisperer but, if it hasn't come out at this point, perhaps not??? I still believe that there is a SECRET involved in all of this and have even considered that the father could be a family friend...GA talked about one in particular in an interview with either LE or FBI that made my hinky meter go wiggy because he (GA) stated that if she (KC) would talk to anyone it would be him.

I'm not sure that we will ever know now...

Here's the secret: Spoiled-rotten sociopath didn't want to be tied down with a kid.

Not so mysterious.

Originally Posted by cocoamom
only the physical body that had any and all organ donations performed to try to help another living person.
OT but I had to respond. As a lung transplant patient who received her 'gift of life' a year ago, I have to tell you, I am eternally grateful for your parents' generousity. My donor saved my life. Back on topic........

I completely agree with your definition of 'the secret', Brini, although I will not be surprised again by the twists and turns this case has taken so if there's more to the secret, I'm prepared and at this point, pretty much prepared to believe anything.
I think CA should be ashamed of using her granddaughter's funeral to settle old scores but nothing she does really surprises me. I can't imagine being raised by her.

"She's finally been able to start working on some plans in regards to the public service,” Conway said. “Music, flowers, possible venues for it.”

While nothing is certain yet, Conway said the Anthony's have made one thing clear; Leonard Padilla, the bounty hunter who was in and out of the case on several occasions, will not be invited or let in."

I just cannot get it. Funeral plans for my murdered grandbaby:
- music
- flowers
- venue
- who I don't like and want to keep out (does not include the murderer of my grandbaby)

Such extreme anger and hostility toward LP, and not a lick toward the murderer of her grandbaby.

I just can. not. get it.

Well, CA's miserable ole disposition is giving me one too - and I don't like to have evil thoughts when thinking of Caylee. Public does mean just that - that is why I don't understand why she would use the word 'invite'

I would be surprise if Leonard doesn't show up.
Wonder if Cindy is planning not to "invite" her mother and brother also, as they didn't drink the kool-aid either as we've seen from all those emails back and forth?

Delurking, as I know exactly how you felt! Both my parents elected cremation as well. My Dad died first, wanted his ashes scattered at the lake and I was so surprised at getting this sturdy, sort of vertical shoebox that was so heavy. To top it off, the funeral home gave us a tote bag for it.

When it came time to scatter the ashes, actually, none of us could do it, so the priest went out on the little boat for us and performed the scattering.

My Mom was a totally different story. She wanted to be cremated but buried, so my sister went to the funeral home and ordered probably the most expensive mahogany urn/box and had it engraved. Not exactly what Mom had in mind, but I couldn't break it to my sister at that point.

Anyway, we did pick Mom up a couple of days before the service (due to people coming from out of town), and it was the strangest thing: what do we do Mom? I mean, we knew it wasn't Mom, and yet...So we ended up setting her in her favorite chair until the night before the service.

So glad you aren't lurking anymore! We did the same thing, toured our old homes and favorite places, ate her favorite food, etc. Nice not to have the pressure of the formal funeral. Sorry for OT again!

I agree with JBean on the "keep Padilla out but bring KC in" to the funeral post!! Incredible to me too. I guess they just can't accept that their daughter is a nut case. I also think that the "fight" on the 15th spurred the whole thing and that would mean CA would have to partially blame herself - just like KC, she could never do that! UGH and double UGH.

I look forward to the data dump with the DNA results. Should put to rest once and for all the paternity issue. Will be very interesting~IMO:rolleyes:

Since Baez announced during Thursday's hearing that he is "responsible" for Caylee's remains, I can't shake the feeling that he is (in a manner of speaking) holding the poor child hostage. As in, "if you want me to sign these remains over to you, you will make sure you do/don't say X." Totally absurd, I know. But can't get the feeling out of my head. MOO.

Since Baez announced during Thursday's hearing that he is "responsible" for Caylee's remains, I can't shake the feeling that he is (in a manner of speaking) holding the poor child hostage. As in, "if you want me to sign these remains over to you, you will make sure you do/don't say X." Totally absurd, I know. But can't get the feeling out of my head. MOO.

Nothing is absurd in this case! I wouldn't doubt it one bit! He may be holding this over the A's! Using Caylee for leverage, I believe was one of KC's favorite tricks to pull on mom and dad for control..IMO

I hope Nancy Grace hires Padilla to sit outside *the cindy show*.......... er, Caylee's "public" memorial, as a reporter. Set him up with a chair, lights, cameras and some guests. He won't be in the building but he'll be right outside the door reporting.
Now wouldn't that be a hoot.
imo Caylee should have been buried days ago, quietly, with dignity. But, this is the anthonys we're talking about here so, quiet and dignity are out of the question.

Sorry if this has been brought up and discussed to death, but legally- can they STOP LP from attending a public event? I mean, making him FEEL unwelcome is one thing, but unless it is private, I fail to see how they would actually keep him out>.<

I don't believe that they can stop anyone from attending a "public" funeral, memorial or event. They can ask those that they do not wish to attend, not to come, but I really don't think they can legally stop anyone from attending something public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme