Caylee's Funeral

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the secret: Spoiled-rotten sociopath didn't want to be tied down with a kid.

Not so mysterious.
:clap:

And, Spoiled-rotten sociopath had always gotten away with everything, she was deluded enough to believe she could also get away with the murder of her child as well!

"She's finally been able to start working on some plans in regards to the public service,” Conway said. “Music, flowers, possible venues for it.”

While nothing is certain yet, Conway said the Anthony's have made one thing clear; Leonard Padilla, the bounty hunter who was in and out of the case on several occasions, will not be invited or let in."

I just cannot get it. Funeral plans for my murdered grandbaby:
- music
- flowers
- venue
- who I don't like and want to keep out (does not include the murderer of my grandbaby)

Such extreme anger and hostility toward LP, and not a lick toward the murderer of her grandbaby.

I just can. not. get it.
I don't get it either, except I believe Leonard has "the family" figured out, and voices his comments of such, and CA doesn't like it.
Her anger is far off course, and directed toward the wrong person, isn't it?

"She's finally been able to start working on some plans in regards to the public service,” Conway said. “Music, flowers, possible venues for it.”

While nothing is certain yet, Conway said the Anthony's have made one thing clear; Leonard Padilla, the bounty hunter who was in and out of the case on several occasions, will not be invited or let in."

- music
- flowers
- venue
- who I don't like and want to keep out (does not include the murderer of my grandbaby)

Such extreme anger and hostility toward LP, and not a lick toward the murderer of her grandbaby.

I just can. not. get it.

And maybe a red carpet? Whoops I promised myself not to be b$tchy.....

The concept of being "invited" or "not invited" to a public service baffles me as well. Somehow I am thinking that the not welcome list is longer than the folks who are welcome there, if Conway is accurately reporting the nonsense attributed to the Anthony's. I am sure that they will wish to have OCSO for security, AND YET, they clearly would not want any of them there either since they are also "guilty" of not drinking the kool aid.

This is a misstep in the PR campaign being waged to try and save these folks from the damage they have already done to themselves-they could have just kept swimming as Dory said, and kept the services private. They do not "owe" the public a memorial service-undoubtably Rev Grund would have come forward and offered to officiate at some public memorial of his own design and the Anthony's could have ignored it. JMO.

I just had a thought! If they go with cremation, they can receive the ashes and keep them indefinitely - even scatter them in their back yard by the play house if they want! There may never be an official ceremony or anything! Could be a "memorial" service in their driveway I suppose!!! UGH these people!

There aren't a lot of remains to cremate I would think. only bones to do the pulverize thing to that they do because bones don't burn. My parents elected cremation - took 24 hours, very inexpensive and I received the remains in my choice of a pretty urn or a plastic bag in a cardboard box - full grown adults ended up weighing about 3 pounds. It is very odd walking in your house and wondering where to put them until the ceremony - kitchen counter? Leave in the car? Top of the TV? Bedroom closet? It was so creepy to me that I had my husband put them somewhere and promise not to tell me. That worked ok.

Not trying to be funny here but looking back even my mom and dad would laugh and that makes me smile. To them, the soul is no longer here, only the physical body that had any and all organ donations performed to try to help another living person.
AWWWW so sweet thats the way I would like to go creamated put in a pretty urn and then scattered in the smokey mts and the outer banks..

ITA. I wish Caylee's father would make an appearance and lay claim to her remains. Then maybe she'd finally get to rest in peace.

Whoever he may be, he has no legal rights to Caylee's remains. He would have to petition the court to be recognized as the father, then petition the court further to be granted custody of the remains. These processes would take months, delaying any funeral for a lot longer than the poker game currently being played.

I don't get it either, except I believe Leonard has "the family" figured out, and voices his comments of such, and CA doesn't like it.
Her anger is far off course, and directed toward the wrong person, isn't it?

http://drsanity.blogspot.com/2004/08/psychiatry-101-defense-mechanisms.html
Level 3 Defense Mechanisms are often considered "neurotic" but are fairly common in adults. They can have short-term advantages in coping, but they often cause long-term problems in relationships, work, and enjoyment of life for people who primarily use them as their basic style of coping with the world. They include:

Intellectualization - separation of emotion from ideas; thinking about wishes in formal, affectively bland terms and not acting on them (EXAMPLE)
Repression - seemingly inexplicable naivete, memory lapse, or lack of awareness of physical status; the emotion is conscious, but the idea behind it is absent (EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE, and, of course, Scarlet "I won't think about that today" O'Hara from Gone With The Wind)
Reaction Formation - behavior that is completely the opposite of what one really wants or feels (e.g, taking care of someone when what one really wants is to be taken care of; studying to be a pilot to cover-up being afraid to fly). Note - this can work in the short term as an effective strategy to cope, but will eventually break down. (EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE)
Displacement - separation of emotion from its real object and redirection of the intense emotion toward someone or something that is less offensive or threatening in order to avoid dealing directly with what is frightening or threatening (EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE)
Dissociation - temporary and drastic modification of one's personal identity or character to avoid emotional distress (EXAMPLE)http://drsanity.blogspot.com/2004/08/psychiatry-101-defense-mechanisms.html

I wonder why CA chose to single out Padilla? There's been a number of media who's not been favorable towards KC so why just him? Heck, she didn't single out JH, who I'd imagine she'd be currently upset at also or Nancy Grace, who's been on this story since it broke. Yet they would like KC there at the funeral???

IMHO CA's loyalty to KC hasn't changed it's only more subdued b/c of the new attorney. Prior to Caylee's remains being discovered (and BC being hired) CA would hold a presser to voice her support of KC's innocence, now (at least so far) she's being more low key, which I attribute to listening to BC.

Shortly after the remains were found there was a brief statement released saying that (my words) no matter what the truth they still stand behind KC. Last week GA gave a brief interview to a reporter, stating that they still love their daughter and support her (again my words). Yesterday BC went on the Today show and basically gave the same message. I can understand them saying they still love their daughter, but what I can't comprehend is them saying they stand behind her.

Also I recall MN quitting b/c he couldnt' support or refused to help, KC; yet BC was at the pre trial on Thursday, and last night on NG it was reported he and JB had a meeting last week end. This leads me to wonder if BC is extending a hand towards helping KC and nothing has changed regarding George and Cindy's attitude towards KC's involvement, only their tactics have changed due to BC. :confused:

If something is PUBLIC, doesn't that mean everyone is welcome???
Private means 'invitation only'.............CA NEVER makes sense to me!
Last night reporter said LE said NO ARRESTS :furious:for the family, so they are free to bury CAYLEE and celebrate a beautiful little baby's life.........why not do it?:furious:
JB has all the say so, now? He is CAYLEE's guardian?? I'm confused.:waitasec: IMO, this is all about $$$$$

This will be the only time I can make an accurate judgment of LP. If they state he cannot be there, and shows up anyways, then I guess I will have to jump on board with ChillyWilly..If he is respectful and doesn't show, then I'll keep my original thoughts of him.
I don't think it is right by any means, but I hope he prevails as the good guy when its all over with!

What an excellent post! CA has said she does not want LP at the memorial, and whether we agree with what she says, or even whether she has a right to 'bar' someone from a public memorial, she has made her opinion known. Now it is all up to LP, isn't it? He can show up and try to get in, knowing that the cameras will be trained on him because everyone knows the Anthonys don't want him there. If he does that, the ensuing circus will pull the focus away from Caylee yet again. He will have tons of air time when he responds to his being asked to leave, etc. Everyone will jump in with how they feel about this and this forum will be difficult to get onto because we will ALL be voicing our opinions. That is one scenario.

The other scenario is that LP stays away from this memorial so the spotlight is on Caylee and only Caylee. The thousands of people who have taken this little girl into their hearts can either go or watch it on TV (if it is televised) and there will be no controversy - just a sad good bye to Caylee who captured our hearts back in July.

I agree with the OP, this will be a true test of LP and his reasons for still be in and around this case. I will be most interested to see which path LP chooses.

What an excellent post! CA has said she does not want LP at the memorial, and whether we agree with what she says, or even whether she has a right to 'bar' someone from a public memorial, she has made her opinion known. Now it is all up to LP, isn't it? He can show up and try to get in, knowing that the cameras will be trained on him because everyone knows the Anthonys don't want him there. If he does that, the ensuing circus will pull the focus away from Caylee yet again. He will have tons of air time when he responds to his being asked to leave, etc. Everyone will jump in with how they feel about this and this forum will be difficult to get onto because we will ALL be voicing our opinions. That is one scenario.

The other scenario is that LP stays away from this memorial so the spotlight is on Caylee and only Caylee. The thousands of people who have taken this little girl into their hearts can either go or watch it on TV (if it is televised) and there will be no controversy - just a sad good bye to Caylee who captured our hearts back in July.

I agree with the OP, this will be a true test of LP and his reasons for still be in and around this case. I will be most interested to see which path LP chooses.

I agree with both of you as well. Great posts!

I was really hoping CA would approach Caylee's funeral with some gracious class. This funeral shouldn't just be what the GP's want. I am not understanding why the courts have not signed an advocate from the courts for Caylee's remains. Is it caleed guardian @ ? This would possibly ensure that Caylee's funeral would be about her. The A's are not legal guardians & JB has conflict of interest. :mad: :furious: :behindbar

The Anthonys dont want certain people at the funeral (private or public memorial service) because they blame everyone but the guilty one, their DAUGHTER for what happened.
And, I find it so sad and disrespectful for human life, that Caylees remains are laying in a cardboard box all this time.
IMO we the public care more for this child than the people who should.

I was really hoping CA would approach Caylee's funeral with some gracious class. This funeral shouldn't just be what the GP's want. I am not understanding why the courts have not signed an advocate from the courts for Caylee's remains. Is it caleed guardian @ ? This would possibly ensure that Caylee's funeral would be about her. The A's are not legal guardians & JB has conflict of interest. :mad: :furious: :behindbar

Playing fair here:

a guardian ad litem is for living children, from what I believe. Caylee is no longer eligible for that. That being said, legally, her mother has full rights over what happens to her. Please try to keep in mind, Casey has not been convicted- until she is, she has the right to do what she pleases with her daughter's remains.

It makes total sense to me that she would allow Baez to handle this for her, as she is limited in what she can do from a jail cell. Baez works for her, and will do whatever is in Casey's best interest. I cannot think of anyone else more appropriate to handle this. Regardless of what i think of her personally:)

- music
- flowers
- venue

I just can. not. get it.

Perhaps the A's still don't or won't believe Casey killed Caylee. Just a thought.

Why publicly challenge LP over whether his presence is welcome or not at the public service? CA never does anything without a reason. Maybe they want him to try to get in. More publicity for them. After all, I don't think anyone really believes any of this is about Caylee anymore. :rolleyes:

As of the motions hearing the other day, JB currently maintains legal custody of Caylees remains.

GA&CA do not have custody of Caylee, in any way shape or form until JB transfers it; if he transfers. KC is currently the one and only the legal custodial parent of Caylees remains until the courts take away her legal parental rights which they will not do. KC will also not relinquish her parental rights voluntarily either.

BC really made a blunder giving that presser the other day. GA&CA are spinning their wheels again and again. Obviously BC didn't have the *alls to refuse to do the presser.

These boards have been clearly divided on LP from the beginning. The fence sitters like me all jumped on the LP train when he searched after LE and TES had totally given up. Most of us didn't care if he was looking where we wanted or not as long as SOMEONE was looking - remember?

I bounce back and forth. Sometimes I think he is in it for the fame/media attention and other times I think he really does care about Caylee. I mean, who the heck DOESN'T care about Caylee (besides the obvious KC)? Maybe he hurts too. Maybe he wants to come too.

I think I would be OK with him showing up if he did it WITHOUT cameras. Just to pay his respects like everyone else. He can "report" on it later if he wants.

As far as CA and her "banning" him from the public service, I believe it will depend on where it is held. If it is a public place like a park or playground or something, I don't think she will have a say. If she holds it in her driveway (wouldn't put it past her) or in a private church, funeral home, leased bldg, etc. then yes, she probably could hire body guards or someone to keep him out.

There will be THOUSANDS of people there - a building of any sort will not work - that would be ridiculous. I am guessing it will be outside somewhere. A much more adult and respectable thing for her to do would have been to write LP a letter, offering the olive branch and saying to agree to disagree but would he please consider not attending for her own personal reasons. I would also tell him he could report any reason he would like as to why he didn't attend - other business, etc...the A's have no class though so they would never think of this!

EDIT: PS she wouldn't lease a building - that costs $$$ !!!!

AWWWW so sweet thats the way I would like to go creamated put in a pretty urn and then scattered in the smokey mts and the outer banks..

I am to be cremated too and taken to our lake house, to the edge of the lake where I swam as a child with my sisters, grandparents, parents and scattered. So.....

I don't see a thing wrong with Caylee's ashes being scattered around her playhouse, areas in the back yard where she looked at the moon and stars every night with her jojo, by the pool where she loved to swim with her cici, the places she was happiest in her short little life. And I don't see a thing wrong with limiting it to family, keeping it private. In fact I think that would show alot of respect toward Caylee's memory. JMHO

It is clear that JB has custody of Caylee's remains. What I don't get is why he is not releasing them for burial. It's been stated by experts that there is no reason to not bury her, they do not need the skeleton for any further testing they may want to do. So why is JB or KC holding this up?

I would think that if he doesn't release her soon, he is going to have to state his reasons for not doing so. Because at some point it is going to look like "spite" again on KC's part. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missmichelle1932