Cell Phone Activity Discussion Thread #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MODS: please delete if i broke any rules. i did a quick lookover of TOS and i don't think i'm violating it to my knowledge.

the below is speculation

i first saw these pictures on a family members facebook, and they have since been set to private. i found them through google image search. i have blocked out this family members face, so i hope it's okay to post this because i think we may be able to narrow down the type of smartphone DB had. it's not really that important, but it's interesting and it's something to do. i would be more interested in the model of phone that JI had and the model of the "plain jane" phone. but here it is:

cindybabylisa-2-1.jpg

here is the largest image i could find of this phone, sitting there on the brick wall.

the reason i think this is DB's phone (and not the family members), is because in this picture:

cindydebbie-1.jpg

another phone is sitting there on the jacket, next to the family member. the best i can make out, is it a flip phone. i'm assuming that is the family members phone, jacket and glasses on the step below. i know what happens when you assume, but it's the best i could do.

here is another picture of the phone on the brick wall.

babylisadeborahbradleya-1.jpg

this model is the closest i could find to the phone on the brick wall:

http://www.verizon-phones.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Samsung-Stratosphere-hands-on-4.jpg

samsung stratosphere. i think it's close, but may not be an exact match.

The roadblock that I come up against with an 'accidental dial' is the call supposedly lasted 50 seconds. Usually it only takes 10-15 seconds tops to figure out you dialed the wrong number.

MODS: please delete if i broke any rules. i did a quick lookover of TOS and i don't think i'm violating it to my knowledge.

the below is speculation

i first saw these pictures on a family members facebook, and they have since been set to private. i found them through google image search. i have blocked out this family members face, so i hope it's okay to post this because i think we may be able to narrow down the type of smartphone DB had. it's not really that important, but it's interesting and it's something to do. i would be more interested in the model of phone that JI had and the model of the "plain jane" phone. but here it is:

cindybabylisa-2-1.jpg

here is the largest image i could find of this phone, sitting there on the brick wall.

the reason i think this is DB's phone (and not the family members), is because in this picture:

cindydebbie-1.jpg

another phone is sitting there on the jacket, next to the family member. the best i can make out, is it a flip phone. i'm assuming that is the family members phone, jacket and glasses on the step below. i know what happens when you assume, but it's the best i could do.

http://www.verizon-phones.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Samsung-Stratosphere-hands-on-4.jpg

Nice job although that phone looks like it has a silver lining in both pics and the strat doesn't seem to have that.

Nice job although that phone looks like it has a silver lining in both pics and the strat doesn't seem to have that.

thanks. the stratosphere does, you can see it better in other pictures, but it appears to be thinner than the one on the phone in question.

the phone actually looks a LOT like my phone, which is the tmobile motorola cliq2, but it's not verizon so.

The roadblock that I come up against with an 'accidental dial' is the call supposedly lasted 50 seconds. Usually it only takes 10-15 seconds tops to figure out you dialed the wrong number.

That bugs me too. Wondering if possibly all attempted but unconnected calls show up like that as a default?

the below is speculation

cindybabylisa-2-1.jpg

cindydebbie-1.jpg

I saw that pic too, I was not sure about it being deborah's phone with the other lady there.
I do think that deborah had a phone that pretty much had the bells and whistles like most 25 year olds.

It looks like a Samsung Omni i91 to me. What do you guys think?

samsung-omnia-verizon-trio.jpg

could be. it looks a bit thinner to me than the phone in question, and the silver buttons on the side concern me, but seems possible. they're all looking the same to me now LOL i'm not sure we will be able to narrow it down to one without a better picture.

I saw that pic too, I was not sure about it being deborah's phone with the other lady there.
I do think that deborah had a phone that pretty much had the bells and whistles like most 25 year olds.

That's a good point, it may not have even been her phone. Same with the phone on the jacket.

That's a good point, it may not have even been her phone. Same with the phone on the jacket.

yeah, which is why i kind of hesitated to post this. and which is why i said "speculation" because there really is no way to know. :blushing:

Yes, when the person you called answers the phone.

If the call went to the Verizon message saying you need to pay your bill or else I think an accidental dial to a wrong number and the correct number would have sounded exactly the same. MOO.

could be. it looks a bit thinner to me than the phone in question, and the silver buttons on the side concern me, but seems possible. they're all looking the same to me now LOL i'm not sure we will be able to narrow it down to one without a better picture.

Maybe the older Samsung Omnia Pro?

Samsung_Omnia_Pro_Small_0018.jpg39db4df6-b7b9-4c4e-b0c6-0d343a62bbe1Larger.jpg

yeah, which is why i kind of hesitated to post this. and which is why i said "speculation" because there really is no way to know. :blushing:

I'd feel better about it if there was a pic of her actually holding it. Besides that though, not really sure what it would tell us. We know that she had a smartphone.

I'd feel better about it if there was a pic of her actually holding it. Besides that though, not really sure what it would tell us. We know that she had a smartphone.

yep, agreed. like i said, it isn't important.. whew, i really wish we had new information. :peace:

yep, agreed. like i said, it isn't important.. whew, i really wish we had new information. :peace:

Mentioned this in the Jersey thread but it applies here too.

If only we had an idea of all the people who would of had access to MW's phone. Then we could at least try to whittle down who we thought DB JI knew/didn't know.

This is like throwing darts in the dark and we don't even where the dartboard is supposed to be.

As for trying to access voicemail/internet, might have simply been an act of desperation - hoping against hope that it might work. As why she might not use computer vs. phone to try to access internet, it would be far easier and more believable to claim the intruder used stolen phones vs. intruder used computer while in the home during the time she was supposed to be asleep. I don't know how tech savvy DB is or how clearly someone might be able to think under those circumstances. Just a hypothetical.

As an aside, do we even know for sure she had internet access via the computer? If the phone bill was unpaid, maybe the internet bill was, too? (Especially if they were linked.)

It's this right here that makes the vm and internet attempts make no sense. She (or Jersey or anyone else) just figured out the phone will not work, what would make her think she could access vm, twice, 3 hours later? Why would DB try to access the internet on her phone when her house (with her computer) was 1/3rd of a mile away from her the whole time?

I actually agree that until we see some more, I cannot connect Jersey at this time, despite his history. I wish we had a list of every single person that could of conceivably had MW's phone that night.

It makes sense to me, sort of... I have never had my phones restricted so I wouldn't have known how it's done. I could see myself trying different stuff on a restricted phone to see if anything works.

What I don't understand is, why only the one phone was used (as far as we've heard). Why didn't the person using them try them all out? Would the intruder have known or thought that all the phones were restricted?

It makes sense to me, sort of... I have never had my phones restricted so I wouldn't have known how it's done. I could see myself trying different stuff on a restricted phone to see if anything works.

What I don't understand is, why only the one phone was used (as far as we've heard). Why didn't the person using them try them all out? Would the intruder have known or thought that all the phones were restricted?

I want to see the "pings" on the loaner phone.

the below is speculation

cindybabylisa-2-1.jpg

cindydebbie-1.jpg

Deb's family member wears a burqa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member