Cell Phone Activity Discussion Thread #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes sense to me, sort of... I have never had my phones restricted so I wouldn't have known how it's done. I could see myself trying different stuff on a restricted phone to see if anything works.

What I don't understand is, why only the one phone was used (as far as we've heard). Why didn't the person using them try them all out? Would the intruder have known or thought that all the phones were restricted?

As far as we know though, there were not multiple attempts of trying to make a phone call. If the theory was that the 11:57 call was an attempt for 'help', why only try once, with only one phone? The same logic that you mention about the vm's should also be applied to the 11:57 call, perhaps even more so if it's intention was for help.

As far as we know though, there were not multiple attempts of trying to make a phone call. If the theory was that the 11:57 call was an attempt for 'help', why only try once, with only one phone? The same logic that you mention about the vm's should also be applied to the 11:57 call, perhaps even more so if it's intention was for help.

BBM: I agree ... if you need 'help' and the call did not go through the first time, usually one would call a second, maybe even a third time ...

So ... that is why IMO, since there was only one attempt, it was a MISDIAL ... NOT a BUTT DIAL ...

MOO ...

MOO ...

This is why IMO, I "think" it was a MIS-DIAL, and NOT one of those "BUTT DIALS" :

Megan's phone number was probably already programmed in Deborah's phone under the name "Jersey" ... AND MOO ... I do believe that Deborah KNOWS Jersey, and IMO, probably knows Megan ...

I think it is a POSSIBILITY that Deborah hit the name "Jersey" instead of the name "Jeremy" ...

Ever go down the phone list in your phone and "accidentally dial" a person with the same 1st initial ? and same 2nd letter and the same 3rd letter ?

J-E-R-E-M-Y

J-E-R-S-E-Y

The first 3 letters are the same ...

And from Deborah herself, she admits to an evening of adult time and :needdrink: ...

So after :needdrink: MAYBE this 11:57 phone call to Megan was an "accidental dialing" -- NOT one of those "butt dialing things" --

Just that Deborah tried to dial JERemY and dialed JERseY instead ...

While I think locating the "missing cell phones" may hold vital clues to Baby Lisa's disappearance, I keep going back to statements made by the Defense Attorneys and "PI" Bill Stanton :

DT Theory: That WHOEVER dialed the cell phone at 11:57 is the PERSON who took Baby Lisa ... In other words ... SODDI !

The defense attorneys and BS continue to SPIN and PUSH this theory ... and there has been a lot of emphasis on this 11:57 phone call to MW's phone from one of DB's phones ...

So ... the Defense Team is PUSHING this theory that the person who STOLE THE PHONES made the call HAS TO BE the person who took Lisa ...

IMO ... the phones were NOT STOLEN ...

And the person who made that "infamous" 11:57 cell phone call was Deobrah herself trying to call Jeremy -- but DIALED the wrong name, Jersey ...

Therefore, making Deborah the person who KNOWS and is RESPONSIBLE for what happened to Baby Lisa ...

Of course ... all of this is JMO and SPECULATION ... and MOO ...

MOO ...

This is why IMO, I "think" it was a MIS-DIAL, and NOT one of those "BUTT DIALS" :

Megan's phone number was probably already programmed in Deborah's phone under the name "Jersey" ... AND MOO ... I do believe that Deborah KNOWS Jersey, and IMO, probably knows Megan ...

I think it is a POSSIBILITY that Deborah hit the name "Jersey" instead of the name "Jeremy" ...

Ever go down the phone list in your phone and "accidentally dial" a person with the same 1st initial ? and same 2nd letter and the same 3rd letter ?

J-E-R-E-M-Y

J-E-R-S-E-Y

The first 3 letters are the same ...

And from Deborah herself, she admits to an evening of adult time and :needdrink: ...

So after :needdrink: MAYBE this 11:57 phone call to Megan was an "accidental dialing" -- NOT one of those "butt dialing things" --

Just that Deborah tried to dial JERemY and dialed JERseY instead ...

While I think locating the "missing cell phones" may hold vital clues to Baby Lisa's disappearance, I keep going back to statements made by the Defense Attorneys and "PI" Bill Stanton :

DT Theory: That WHOEVER dialed the cell phone at 11:57 is the PERSON who took Baby Lisa ...

The defense attorneys and BS continue to SPIN and PUSH this theory ... and there has been a lot of emphasis on this 11:57 phone call to MW's phone from one of DB's phones ...

So ... since the Defense Team is PUSHING this theory that the person who made the call HAS TO BE the person who took Lisa ...

IMO ... the person who made that "infamous" 11:57 cell phone call was Deobrah herself trying to call Jeremy -- but DIALED the wrong name, Jersey ...

Therefore, making Deborah the person who KNOWS and is RESPONSIBLE for what happened to Baby Lisa ...

Of course ... all of this is JMO and SPECULATION ... and MOO ...

BBM

I'm curious as to what makes you believe specifically what I bolded when I have not seen anything that substantiates anything that makes that scenario true. We have nothing that shows that Jersey knew DB and MW came out and flat out said she didn't know DB. Further, we have lawyers saying the number never appeared on the cell record prior to that night. So you must think MW is lying and if so, why would you think that and for what purpose?

I think dog.gone.cute's theory above is not a bad one.

We have been led to believe that there wasn't any activity on the other phones.
Assuming that's true, if it was a SODDI, why wouldn't they try those other phones? If it was DB, and it was an attempt to reach JI for the purpose of finding out when he would be home, it is logical that she might try to attempt her vm at some point to see if he left her a message.

I still believe that it is possible that DB could have had that number because of the car break-in in Aug.

I have to think on this a bit.

BBM

I'm curious as to what makes you believe specifically what I bolded when I have not seen anything that substantiates anything that makes that scenario true. We have nothing that shows that Jersey knew DB and MW came out and flat out said she didn't know DB. Further, we have lawyers saying the number never appeared on the cell record prior to that night. So you must think MW is lying and if so, why would you think that and for what purpose?

It does not follow logically imo. People can store numbers in their cell phones that they've never called so they would not show in the phone records. They can even have numbers of people that they don't really know, for whatever reason, particularly if they have a borrowed phone. When I changed my cell phone I deleted three numbers of people whose names I didn't recognize and I didn't have any clue why I had kept the numbers.

MW wouldn't have to be lying imo, she wouldn't have to know DB from Adam for someone to have used her number as a contact for Jersey.

BBM

First, let me say that it is all MY OPINION and SPECULATION :waitasec: which I think I put in there ... will check to make sure.

Second, what do we know :

- We know that one of DB's phones dialed MW's phone ...

- We know that MW was interviewed several times by LE about this phone call ...

- We also know that MW's "former boyfriend" has a criminal record and was Jersey probably using MW's cell phone number as HIS phone number ...

IMO ... MW was telling the truth about being interviewed by LE ...

BUT I do NOT think Megan told the TRUTH about knowing DB ... again MOO ... IMO ... I think that MW may have been more of an "acquaintance" of DB ... maybe even through Jersey

MOO ... I strongly believe that DB knows Jersey -- but Deborah is NOT going to admit it because she does NOT want to have any sort of "connection" to anyone who has a "rap sheet" and is currently sitting in jail -- OTHER THAN to BLAME it on SODDI !

MOO ...:seeya:

It does not follow logically imo. People can store numbers in their cell phones that they've never called so they would not show in the phone records. They can even have numbers of people that they don't really know, for whatever reason, particularly if they have a borrowed phone. When I changed my cell phone I deleted three numbers of people whose names I didn't recognize and I didn't have any clue why I had kept the numbers.

MW wouldn't have to be lying imo, she wouldn't have to know DB from Adam for someone to have used her number as a contact for Jersey.

Yep, I think there are POSSIBILITIES why that number could have been in the contact list, but never dialed... (not substantiated, speculation only...)
(1) local handyman
(2) neighbors talk, given small numer of thefts and most attributed to Jersey, neighbor could have given her that number to watch for on Craigslist after their car break in

I would love to know if neighbor SB knows Jersey and/or had Jersey in her contact list.

Re: the 50 seconds of the call...

If DB/thief/kidnapper called that number, whether accidently or on purpose, and after it went to message center, if they just got mad and threw the phone down w/o disconnecting, would the call hang up after the message ended?

That might show up as a 50 second call, just as if the first caller listened to the whole message, then hung up.

BBM

I guess I must be the oddball because when I look at every single contact on my phone, I could name a reason for every single one of them being there and the number is either family/friend/work related.

In Dog's theory she would be lying because that theory believes MW knows DB.

Re: the 50 seconds of the call...

If DB/thief/kidnapper called that number, whether accidently or on purpose, and after it went to message center, if they just got mad and threw the phone down w/o disconnecting, would the call hang up after the message ended?

That might show up as a 50 second call, just as if the first caller listened to the whole message, then hung up.
That is a good thought.

I was thinking too that isn't there a minimum amount of time that you are charged regardless of the time you actually have the line open.

For instance if you dial a # and then realize you dialed the wrong # and then hang up, Bam 5 seconds to know that! But when you get the bill it's a 50 second call that appears because that's the minimum amount. iirc that is the way it was told to me a few years back. could be wrong idk

That is a good thought.

I was thinking too that isn't there a minimum amount of time that you are charged regardless of the time you actually have the line open.

For instance if you dial a # and then realize you dialed the wrong # and then hang up, Bam 5 seconds to know that! But when you get the bill it's a 50 second call that appears because that's the minimum amount. iirc that is the way it was told to me a few years back. could be wrong idk

I think on a bill where you get call detail it usually is always rounded to 1 minute, even if the call was less than that but it's probably different on detailed cell records the carrier has.

Is there a way to discern between a call made from a programmed number and one that was called by punching in the individual numbers?

Is there a way to discern between a call made from a programmed number and one that was called by punching in the individual numbers?

That could be why LE would like to find the phones. Maybe having the phone in hand you would/could be able to see if the # was "dialed' versus pushing "contact".
I think that is why they were using the Xray equipment in the home, looking in the walls and such for phones or lisa. jmo

If DB was programming her phones, wouldn't one of them 'ping' since it's on? Was she programming her phones on October 3rd? If so, there should be ping info from that time.

If DB was programming her phones, wouldn't one of them 'ping' since it's on? Was she programming her phones on October 3rd? If so, there should be ping info from that time.

DB never said WHEN she was programming but she implies and led everyone to believe it was Monday night. Her father said she was programming the phones on Sunday Night. How he knew? I have no idea. Just like her brother knew how drunk she was on Monday night...again, where does this stuff come from?

I can't believe anything that DB says. She knows how to spin with the best of them. It is becoming obvious to me that her family are in full protection mode.

Can you program phones out of service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members