Cell Phone Activity Discussion Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you program phones out of service?

My old phone I could put numbers in and save them to the phone, but not to my sim card. I guess verizon doesn't use sim cards so I don't know if their phones work differently.

There are sim cards in Verizon phones because I can program either way. But DB's GP gave her a plain phone. I'd be betting on DB having the best phone verizon makes. I doubt they would be compatible.

Verizon is strict about their phones. They connect a serial number to their phones ans sims and switching sims may not work at all. Att had sim cards and it was easy to change over.

I suspect all DB was doing was putting in her contact list from verizon to her plain phone from gramps. I still don't think it can be done when service is disconnected.

HOWEVER, her father said this change over took place on Sunday night, not Monday as DB tried to spin. On Sunday there were three working phones still with service. On Monday, not so much.

I suppose it's possible. Out of service would still ping, no?

I think the phone will ping but I never knew you could use it or dial a contact w/o service.

This stuff is getting too technical for me and I live in Silicon Valley. The whole family works in the tech business and I don't understand anything they are saying when they discuss their semi-conductors, etc.

I think the phone will ping but I never knew you could use it w/o service.

This stuff is getting too technical for me and I live in Silicon Valley. The whole family works in the tech business and I don't understand anything they are saying when they discuss their semi-conductors, etc.

iirc the way it works is they know #'s dialed by the carrier what time the call was made and how long it lasted.

the "pinging" is where the phone is physically, iirc when they triangulate they are getting a signal from the phone off of the 3 towers that the phone can receive a signal from. With that info they can gat a rough idea of where the phone is.

I think the batteries were removed after the 3:32 attempt of use and that is why they can't find it.

If two of the phones were w/o service, than the one that dialed the number had to be good ole Gramp's phone. I think you are right about the batteries. Heck the phones could of been in DB's purse or nearby and discarded later.

LE suspects the parents on this crime and rightly so. oh, my opinion.

iirc the way it works is they know #'s dialed by the carrier what time the call was made and how long it lasted.

the "pinging" is where the phone is physically, iirc when they triangulate they are getting a signal from the phone off of the 3 towers that the phone can receive a signal from. With that info they can gat a rough idea of where the phone is.

I think the batteries were removed after the 3:32 attempt of use and that is why they can't find it.

BBM
Does it have to be three cell towers to get a rough idea where the phone is? I would assume that a connection with one tower would be enough for a phone call, and that would give you a rough idea where the phone was, correct?

If two of the phones were w/o service, than the one that dialed the number had to be good ole Gramp's phone. I think you are right about the batteries. Heck the phones could of been in DB's purse or nearby and discarded later.

LE suspects the parents on this crime and rightly so. oh, my opinion.

Rugen Team Investigations, LLC Missouri Private Investigator
A source, speaking with me on condition of anonymity, gives me unequivocal confirmation that 50 second phone call from Deborah Bradley's phone attempted to Megan Wright's phone did NOT go through. This could make Dane irrelevant. There will be some scrutinizing my source, but I have one that and am satisfied.

i don't see why it would have to be Grandpa's phone. it could have been, but i don't think it "had to" be. we have not had any information that indicates the call went through, and we have had no indication that Grandpa's phone had service.

i don't see why it would have to be Grandpa's phone. we have not had any information that indicates the call went through, and we have had no indication that Grandpa's phone had service.

I agree that we don't know which of the three stolen phones was used to attempt the call to mw's cell.

and as you say,we don't know what the status was of the borrowed phone. we don't know if it was inactive or active at the time it was lent to the irwin's - and if the lent phone was inactive when the irwin's received it - we don't know if they activated it or not before it was stolen.

BBM
Does it have to be three cell towers to get a rough idea where the phone is? I would assume that a connection with one tower would be enough for a phone call, and that would give you a rough idea where the phone was, correct?

a cell phone need only be in range of one tower - which would give the phone's approximate location.

I agree that we don't know which of the three stolen phones was used to attempt the call to mw's cell.

and as you say,we don't know what the status was of the borrowed phone. we don't know if it was inactive or active at the time it was lent to the irwin's - and if the lent phone was inactive when the irwin's received it - we don't know if they activated it or not before it was stolen.

Joe Picerno said on Fox News that it was Debbie Bradley's phone, which is why it went to the call center and didn't go through.

a cell phone need only be in range of one tower - which would give the phone's approximate location.

For those local that remember the Kelsey Smith abduction, this information from her wiki which also mentions Verizon I feel is good information. I'm not sure how much the tower technology has improved, or if improvement would only apply to telephones with gps capability.

Police detectives reportedly found the body because of a cell phone ping that originated from the area on June 2, and a number of search areas were identified. Despite efforts by local law enforcement and eventually the FBI, it took Verizon Wireless three days to hand over the cell phone records to investigators. There is much controversy on why it took Verizon so long to cooperate with law enforcement. A Verizon technician pinpointed a cell phone tower and told investigators to search 1.1 miles north of the tower. Within 45 minutes, on June 6, 2007, at 1:30 p.m. local time, searchers discovered Smith's body in a wooded area near Longview Lake in southern Jackson County, Grandview, Missouri, 18 to 20 miles from where she had been abducted.

As I've stated previously, the cell phones must have stopped pinging after the last activity around 3:30am. When the Irwin and Bradley attorney stated on TV that the phones pinged from the woods behind the house all the way to the river, I would assume the cell phones pinged all the way to the river and then stopped. I'm still puzzled about a 11:57pm phone call attempt if the phones position moved at that time, or after 3:00am.

I think LE has to subpoena the carrier. They may be able to avoid it if they have permission of the client. They don't always get the suspects's permission.

For those local that remember the Kelsey Smith abduction, this information from her wiki which also mentions Verizon I feel is good information. I'm not sure how much the tower technology has improved, or if improvement would only apply to telephones with gps capability.

Police detectives reportedly found the body because of a cell phone ping that originated from the area on June 2, and a number of search areas were identified. Despite efforts by local law enforcement and eventually the FBI, it took Verizon Wireless three days to hand over the cell phone records to investigators. There is much controversy on why it took Verizon so long to cooperate with law enforcement. A Verizon technician pinpointed a cell phone tower and told investigators to search 1.1 miles north of the tower. Within 45 minutes, on June 6, 2007, at 1:30 p.m. local time, searchers discovered Smith's body in a wooded area near Longview Lake in southern Jackson County, Grandview, Missouri, 18 to 20 miles from where she had been abducted.

As I've stated previously, the cell phones must have stopped pinging after the last activity around 3:30am. When the Irwin and Bradley attorney stated on TV that the phones pinged from the woods behind the house all the way to the river, I would assume the cell phones pinged all the way to the river and then stopped. I'm still puzzled about a 11:57pm phone call attempt if the phones position moved at that time, or after 3:00am.

BBM perfect example of what defense attorneys do.

He slid in a verb (pinged) and a preposition (from) and changed the entire meaning. This swayed many to think the cells were 1/3 mile away. In actuality, the distance that was given was a base line and didn't pinpoint where the phones were but the size of the general area that pinged. IOW, those phones could have been pinging @ 3620 Lister and probably were. Ah..the power of deflection!

He took the statement and led everyone out of the house, through the woods and to the river....clever guy.

..Gotta Love Defense Attorneys. They are the magicians of the English language.

If it was DB, she must of been running like the wind (in the dark) to dump the phones in the river after the last vm attempt in order to get back into the house and in bed by 3:45am.

Transcript of this in post #3 from this thread of this interview
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/11/fox-exclusive-cell-phone-records-of-baby-lisa%e2%80%99s-parents-released-more-calls-were-attempted-from-deborah-bradley%e2%80%99s-phone-the-night-lisa-disappeared/

Now, we here at America Live are learning that at 3:17 am and at 3:32am that same night, someone tried to access DB's voicemail on DB's phone.
snip
MK: So the cellphones never got more than 1/3rd of a mile away from the Irwin home?

JP: Not according to the powerpoint presentation that the FBI showed to both Mr.Tacopina and myself on Nov.1st when we met with them for 3 hours.

NOTE the river is NOT within 1/3 mile of the house! For the people who are convinced that it was DB on the phone trying to access the internet AND dumped them in the river herself, we are talking LESS than 15 minutes to do this and get home before JI got home without raising any suspicion all the while taking the chance he would come home or the boys would possibly wake up. Especially if those same people think that she dumped the baby in this timeframe also.

I think LE has to subpoena the carrier. They may be able to avoid it if they have permission of the client. They don't always get the suspects's permission.

BBM FWIW No one has been named a suspect in this case.

NOTE the river is NOT within 1/3 mile of the house! For the people who are convinced that it was DB on the phone trying to access the internet AND dumped them in the river herself, we are talking LESS than 15 minutes to do this and get home before JI got home without raising any suspicion all the while taking the chance he would come home or the boys would possibly wake up. Especially if those same people think that she dumped the baby in this timeframe also.
Why don't some people get this?

Until a cell phone professional explains how often a cell phone pings, "getting it" is not the "fact" here. If a cell phone pings every 1 minute, 3 minutes, 5 minutes, it's not safe to assume something is impossible. It's also never been noted to be a "fact" that Lisa was walked out of that house, she could have been driven.

Until a cell phone professional explains how often a cell phone pings, "getting it" is not the "fact" here. If a cell phone pings every 1 minute, 3 minutes, 5 minutes, it's not safe to assume something is impossible. It's also never been noted to be a "fact" that Lisa was walked out of that house, she could have been driven.
Well, the families vehicles were searched and all are accounted for and PN's property was searched by the FBI dogs also and his vehicle is still accounted for. Who else could she have gotten ahold of without a phone that would possibly dump a dead baby and LE has their computer so they would already know if this happened via computer?
It has also been stated that 3:32 am within 1/3 mile of the house is the last attempt to the cell phones so 1,3 nor 5 minutes spacing of pings does not matter here for this part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx