Cell Phone Activity Discussion Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another question: If she was transferring all this data on Sunday night and left the phones together on the counter or table, did she leave the phones there for more than 24 hours? Her Dad suggests that she went home Sunday night and started transferring all the data. Nowhere does it suggest that she was doing this on Monday.

Can you transfer/sync phone #'s from a phone that has been turned off?

If your phone has been turned off would you transfer #'s to a phone temporally?

Can you transfer/sync phone #'s from a phone that has been turned off?

If your phone has been turned off would you transfer #'s to a phone temporally?

You can, as long as the phone has power, you can still turn it on and look at your contact list. According to DN she was manually transferring the numbers from her old phone (with broken speaker) to the new plain jane phone.

What I find interesting, is that he says she transferred service on Sunday. That does make sense because their service wasn't restricted yet. However, it means that if somebody took those phones, they were playing with the plain jane one and not her older, nicer phone. I wonder what kind of phone Jeremy had? I also think since DB was manually transferring her numbers, it seems more likely that she could have dialed a number she never had dialed before, one that was in her contacts, but she had never called before.

The whole phone situation sort of makes sense to me now. Her phone wasn’t working right – it was most likely a newer/more option phone than what her dad gave her to use. According to the fb post – it wouldn’t take the contacts off the sims card – so she had to manually put them in. I had a blackberry before and sometimes my contacts saved to my sims card and sometimes they saved to my phone. When I got a new phone and put the sims card in it – all the contacts that were on the sims card were visible but the ones that saved to my phone were not – I had to put those in manually. However, my bf got a phone at the same time and his phone would not recognize the contacts on his sims card. He had to put the sims card back in the old phone to get the numbers and put them in manually on his new phone. This sounds like what she was doing and now it makes sense that if she was still working on it why the sims card would still be in the phone that didn’t work (speaker broke) and how someone could have tried to access the internet or voice mail with it – although I am not sure why someone didn’t try to use JI’s phone – including DB if she was the one trying to do these things. Her dad’s phone wouldn’t have made any connections to anything if there wasn’t a sims card in it – so I think someone could have been trying on that phone and nothing would register anywhere.

You can, as long as the phone has power, you can still turn it on and look at your contact list. According to DN she was manually transferring the numbers from her old phone (with broken speaker) to the new plain jane phone.

What I find interesting, is that he says she transferred service on Sunday. That does make sense because their service wasn't restricted yet. However, it means that if somebody took those phones, they were playing with the plain jane one and not her older, nicer phone. I wonder what kind of phone Jeremy had? I also think since DB was manually transferring her numbers, it seems more likely that she could have dialed a number she never had dialed before, one that was in her contacts, but she had never called before.

BBM

Do we know exactly when the phones were restricted or is it just speculation? To the second point about contacts, what your still implying was that someone in that household (or father who lent her the phone) knew that number enough to put it in their contacts initially. We don't have any evidence of a link yet (to MW or cast of characters).

The whole phone situation sort of makes sense to me now. Her phone wasn’t working right – it was most likely a newer/more option phone than what her dad gave her to use. According to the fb post – it wouldn’t take the contacts off the sims card – so she had to manually put them in. I had a blackberry before and sometimes my contacts saved to my sims card and sometimes they saved to my phone. When I got a new phone and put the sims card in it – all the contacts that were on the sims card were visible but the ones that saved to my phone were not – I had to put those in manually. However, my bf got a phone at the same time and his phone would not recognize the contacts on his sims card. He had to put the sims card back in the old phone to get the numbers and put them in manually on his new phone. This sounds like what she was doing and now it makes sense that if she was still working on it why the sims card would still be in the phone that didn’t work (speaker broke) and how someone could have tried to access the internet or voice mail with it – although I am not sure why someone didn’t try to use JI’s phone – including DB if she was the one trying to do these things. Her dad’s phone wouldn’t have made any connections to anything if there wasn’t a sims card in it – so I think someone could have been trying on that phone and nothing would register anywhere.

That would be true if their Verizon phones used sim cards, but they don't. Verizon uses CDMA technology, which does not use a sim card. The service would have had to have been transferred by Verizon (that can be done over the phone or taking it into a store). With CDMA it's not as simple as just moving the sim card back and forth.

That would be true if their Verizon phones used sim cards, but they don't. Verizon uses CDMA technology, which does not use a sim card. The service would have had to have been transferred by Verizon (that can be done over the phone or taking it into a store). With CDMA it's not as simple as just moving the sim card back and forth.

What about if it was a micro sd card? Are contacts stored on that?

BBM

Do we know exactly when the phones were restricted or is it just speculation? To the second point about contacts, what your still implying was that someone in that household (or father who lent her the phone) knew that number enough to put it in their contacts initially. We don't have any evidence of a link yet (to MW or cast of characters).

I thought we knew their service was restricted sometime on Monday afternoon. I thought that's what one of the attorneys said (Picerno?), but I don't know for sure.

I don't know. I think since it was the number that the local handyman gave out for people to contact him at, that it's possible that she might have had it in her phone, but never used it. We can't know what numbers were in the contact lists of those phones without the phones. I just think that knowing that DB was manually transferring contacts, that it would be more likely that she could try calling a number she never had before. I have contacts in my phone that I never use, and sometimes when I'm cleaning up my contacts list I dial them, because I can't remember what or who they were for. I'm not saying that's what happened, just that this situation would make it more likely that a number that was never called before was.

I think she was given a working phone by her grandfather. She simply transferred her contact list to it manually. My guess is the phone given had service paid for by her grandfather/family. Her father indicated she did this transferring of numbers on Sunday.

DB, with her manner of speaking, of course, leads everything open to interpretation. She states "I was reprogramming the phones". She certainly wasn't reprogramming Monday while she was drinking...but she leads one to think that.

We all need to take a course in DB speak.

What about if it was a micro sd card? Are contacts stored on that?

Idk, I think they can be, but you have to actually do that, save them to the card and not the phone. But even if they were on a micro sd card, did the new plane jane phone take a card? and if it did was it able to read all the info?

I think this cell phone transfer stuff is being over thought. She had a working phone. She should have been able to speak to JI and vice versa on Monday the 3rd. She may have misdialed. Heck, I researched and saw there was a landline for that place. I don't know when that service was shut off or if it was Maybe that's the service they are talking about.

DB being a chatterbox wouldn't ever be left w/o a working phone, imo.

I would like to have more info on the midnight call. Was it a wrong number dialed?

Idk, I think they can be, but you have to actually do that, save them to the card and not the phone. But even if they were on a micro sd card, did the new plane jane phone take a card? and if it did was it able to read all the info?

If it was a smartphone it likely would have a sd card. I was just thinking that could be a method for transferring contacts from one phone to another without manually rekeying them in.

We can only assume they were Verizon phones because of what DB & JI's attorneys stated, but we don't know. We also don't know if DB & JI had different cell phone carriers.

I researched the Verizon phones a while back after the attorneys came out and said "Verizon", and I was a Verizon customer up until 2009. My phone did not require a sim card, and the contact list was stored in the internal memory. I had to manually input all of my contacts into my AT&T phone when I switched, which was a pain. I remember putting in all of the important numbers, and even the other day I powered on the Verizon phone to find a number of an old contractor I used for heating and cooling.

IF there was a call made to MW's phone or an attempted call, it sure would be like looking at the odds of winning the lottery. Let's assume someone was attempting to dial the first three numbers (the prefix) because it was a common one. There are 10,000 different combinations for this to have been a wrong number.
(If you want to work a real brain teaser today because you are bored, calculate that with a 7 digit number *advertiser censored*-xxxx and the first number cannot contain a 1 or 0. If that isn't enough, add three more digits to it for an area code, and remember the first number of it also cannot be a 1 or 0)

I've seen speculation about people saying this was a wrong number.
Take into consideration DB claims she didnt use the phone that night, and if we go by their attorneys accounts, only one phone call attempt was made from this phone at almost midnight, over three hours before they claim any other activity was said to have been made on that very same phone. For someone to attempt to dial only one telephone number and for it to be a "wrong number" seems to be that I could pick 5 numbers in the lottery this week.

IMO, there is a mystery here that still hasnt been solved.

Still, if I take the source the information coming from as credible (from JI & DBs attorneys), if a call attempt was made at almost midnight, where did these phones ping at for over three hours before other attempted activity occured on these phones after 3am? If someone took Lisa at 11:xxpm and the phones then tried to dial a number, certainly the pings would have moved away from the residence or triangulation pinging would have showed movement of the phone(s).

Did the phones continually move around between 11:57pm ad 3:30am and stop pinging? Did they stop pinging inbetween? As I previously stated, so many unanswered questions.

If it was a smartphone it likely would have a sd card. I was just thinking that could be a method for transferring contacts from one phone to another without manually rekeying them in.

I understand that her phone was a smart phone, but could the plain jane phone take an SD card? And even if it could, could it read all the info. Often times (back when I had T-mobile), not all the contacts would transfer.

Besides, it sounds like DN, if we believe him, is saying that DB transferred service to the plain jane phone on Sunday, and was manually transferring her contacts between the two phones. This scenario seems to make the most sense, considering what we know about how you can program and sync Verizon phones.

This would imply that the night the phones went missing, that DB's smart phone did not have service and the plain jane phone was the one that had been assigned the IMSI and was supposedly on restricted service.

There is a way on Verizon. You load your contacts from your phone onto the web, and then you can download them from the web onto the new phone. But apparently this plain jane phone did not have that capability (which seems logical to me).

There is a way on Verizon. You load your contacts from your phone onto the web, and then you can download them from the web onto the new phone. But apparently this plain jane phone did not have that capability (which seems logical to me).

That sounds about right. I still contend though that if the number was actually in the contacts, that number was known to someone (DB/JI/grandfather). I've got business cards of handymen (and other services) all over the place but I don't put the people I use in my personal cell phone contacts, but that's just me.

BBM

It was either Bill Stanton or Joe Picerno who said they didn't want to reveal exactly when the phone service had been turned off on Oct 3. This was in the interview with Megyn Kelly that started off with MK stating she had the phone records in hand.

It was either Bill Stanton or Joe Picerno who said they didn't want to reveal exactly when the phone service had been turned off on Oct 3. This was in the interview with Megyn Kelly that started off with MK stating she had the phone records in hand.

both mentioned it.

Bill Stanton at about the one minute mark:

[ame]http://video.foxnews.com/v/1270739314001/exclusive-cell-phone-records-released-of-irwin-family[/ame]

"i'm not going to give the specific time, but sometime in the early afternoon"

JP: http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/1...h-bradley’s-phone-the-night-lisa-disappeared/

This phone problem that they had was when the phones were cut off and could only recieve incoming phone calls and incoming texts from early in the afternoon.

Gosh, askfornina, you are just so FAST with these links! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kate E