Cell Phone Activity Timeline as of 11/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Bill Stanton said last week that the phone call did NOT go through and went to the call center, which would mean he didn't answer it.

That's ok but why can't he say it. Why can't he be asked about the call and say I didn't get a call at that time. But he won't answer that question and it's a pivotal question in the case!,,

That's ok but why can't he say it. Why can't he be asked about the call and say I didn't get a call at that time. But he won't answer that question and it's a pivotal question in the case!,,

He might still answer it. It looks to me like he gave statements, and didn't answer any questions. Hopefully, when he sees the groundswell over the "11:57 question", he will answer it.

Right, but my point is that people can't have it both ways. IF you believe that DB and JI are telling the truth about the phones being restricted, then you can't logically argue that Dane has anything to do with Lisa's disappearance. He never answered the phone because the call never came through. IF you believe that Dane did recieve a call from someone on one of the missing cell phones, then you have to concede that DB and JI lied about the phones.

It can't be both ways.

Like I said above Kat...It could well have been a pre arranged job...with Dane or another flop houser as the accomplice. The perp wasn't planning on making a call because he didn't own a phone (just speculating) But having grabbed 3 from the house..he attempted a call to his accomplice. The fact the call couldn't go through wouldn't matter because the job was prearranged..the meet was pre arranged.

All just speculation.

I guess what Iam trying to say is...I don't think Jersey would have just decided to call his pal Dane on the hop so to speak...and spring on him.."hey I have just kidnapped a baby can you come help"

I have always suspected it was a pre arranged job...with their plans for the night set out in advance. These people don't seem to rely on cell phones much..(as they all share one?? LOL)

It could be as simple as Jersey grabbing the baby...but not able to resist 3 phones just sitting there...(would fit with the mindframe of a small time criminal thief!) Attempting to call Dane or Mw or whoever...to tell them the first stage is a go!

All just my speculation ....just thinking aloud.

If the "job" was prearranged, then it would make sense to have a way to contact the other party already in place. If all this was prearranged there would be no reason for them to use the Irwin's phone to contact each other and then attempt to check voicemail twice and connect to the internet. Imo, it just doesn't make sense that all these people conspired to kidnap a baby. And they got lucky enough that their prearrangement just happened to fall on a night when JI worked 5+ hours later than expected, DB got blackout drunk, and the doors were left unlocked. They should have stopped and bought a lottery ticket. Moo.

Oh just thought as well....the fact that Jersey shaved all his hair off the day before??...Would fit in with a pre arranged job theory. Along with him chasing off the neighbours dog....(when did he do this Iam not sure?)

Again just my speculation.....this case is giving me a headache i know that!:crazy:

If the "job" was prearranged, then it would make sense to have a way to contact the other party already in place. If all this was prearranged there would be no reason for them to use the Irwin's phone to contact each other and then attempt to check voicemail twice and connect to the internet. Imo, it just doesn't make sense that all these people conspired to kidnap a baby. And they got lucky enough that their prearrangement just happened to fall on a night when JI worked 5+ hours later than expected, DB got blackout drunk, and the doors were left unlocked. They should have stopped and bought a lottery ticket. Moo.

Your explanation for shooting down my theories is always "it just doesn't make sense"....Well it makes PERFECT sense to me...But like I said iam just speculating..:crazy:

cell phones seem to be like gold to these people...(they just don't have them)
So I think its perfectly reasonable to assume they do a lot of their "bizness" LOl face to face..and make arrangements that way.

If all DB's calls indeed went to Verizon he wouldn't know anything based on that one phone call. But I don't think we are able to rule out that Dane (or whoever the person using DB's phone tried to contact in that number), was successfully contacted using some other phone, or Skype, email, etc.

Who would have known that Dane had Megan's phone? Does he have his own cell phone?

Picerno never said that DB didn't know Megan's number, did he? Just that it had never been dialed. I am actually wondering if she could have had it stored in her phone under "Jersey", in case they ever needed a handyman, or wanted to call him to bring their stolen stuff back, or whatever, and if she wasn't trying to call "Jeremy" to ask him if he was coming home. Jersey and Jeremy are very similar names orthographically and are probably very close in the alphabetical list of names in a cell phone.

He did say DB didn't have MW's number in a round about way. He said the FBI showed him that the number didn't appear on the cell reports for 12 months prior.

Right, but my point is that people can't have it both ways. IF you believe that DB and JI are telling the truth about the phones being restricted, then you can't logically argue that Dane has anything to do with Lisa's disappearance. He never answered the phone because the call never came through. IF you believe that Dane did recieve a call from someone on one of the missing cell phones, then you have to concede that DB and JI lied about the phones.

It can't be both ways.

I agree with you, I don't think he ever answered the call. The question though is was he expecting one? And if he was, who was he expecting it from? Some are going with the notion that whoever dialed that number knew who they were dialing. So, if that's the case, was Dane supposed to have the phone that night? Did the person who called the phone know Dane would have the phone?

I don't know if Dane answered the call or not. I wish he would answer that question uniquivocally, but my hinky meter has not risen just because he didn't answer that question. I really do like the fact that Dane said "I talked to police and they told me not to talk to the media" (not exact quote). It sounds to me like Dane is on pretty good terms with LE.

So far, Jersey is the only person that raises my hinky meter as being on the other end of that phone. But who knows what mystery man will appear next.

I'm a little bothered by the contradiction we now have. He says he's been talking to LE. Why would LE (who hasn't been talking a whole lot to media) make it a point to tell the media that they are interested in talking to this person?

The only explanation that would sit right with me is if that 'person' is not Dane.

I agree with you, I don't think he ever answered the call. The question though is was he expecting one? And if he was, who was he expecting it from? Some are going with the notion that whoever dialed that number knew who they were dialing. So, if that's the case, was Dane supposed to have the phone that night? Did the person who called the phone know Dane would have the phone?

Good point. Dane had the phone...was he waiting for a call?..and if he was how was the perp going to call him if he didn't have a phone?...You can't just assume youwill be able to steal one from the house....

Iam confusing myself with all this now....:blushing:

Your explanation for shooting down my theories is always "it just doesn't make sense"....Well it makes PERFECT sense to me...But like I said iam just speculating..:crazy:

So I think its perfectly reasonable to assume they do a lot of their "bizness" LOl face to face..and make arrangements that way.

Or it could be as simple as Accomplice #1 actually having a cellphone to contact Accomplice #2 and not getting a signal for whatever reason or letting it go dead and deciding to try to use one of the three phones he snagged on the way out with Lisa. Accomplice #1 would have no idea that the phones were restricted before he/she tried it.

I'm a little bothered by the contradiction we now have. He says he's been talking to LE. Why would LE (who hasn't been talking a whole lot to media) make it a point to tell the media that they are interested in talking to this person?

The only explanation that would sit right with me is if that 'person' is not Dane.

What do you mean cityslick?..Do you mean the "person" could be different <Mod Snip>?

I'm not "shooting down your theories", I am giving my opinion on what happened. IME, if people go to the trouble of prearranging a crime, they have already figured out all the details. If they were that calculating to premeditate the kidnapping a baby, they would have the details worked out and would have no need to place calls to each other using the victims cell phone. As someone else said here, as the theories get more outrageous, the less likely it is that's what happened. Jersey, Dane, MW, don't seem to be the types to plan the kidnapping of a baby, imo. Jersey is in jail, if he knew something he could make a deal on, imo, he would jump at that, he has nothing to lose.

What do you mean cityslick?..Do you mean the "person" could be different flop houser?

Possibly, IDK. Here is the exact quote:

Kansas City Police Captain Steve Young told NBC Action News of the search for the possible new witness, “We’d like to talk to him. He’s not a suspect, just another person we believe might have some information we can use.”

Now, if we are to believe Dane, then the person being referred here is someone completely new. Or Dane is lying.

I don't like it either, city, but my observation is that LE isn't showing their hand. They're purposely throwing everyone off so as not to compromise the integrity of their investigation. It fits with what Dane said, "police told me not to talk to the media". He probably felt too much pressure and made his own decision to make a statement or two. JMO

I'm not "shooting down your theories", I am giving my opinion on what happened. IME, if people go to the trouble of prearranging a crime, they have already figured out all the details. If they were that calculating to premeditate the kidnapping a baby, they would have the details worked out and would have no need to place calls to each other using the victims cell phone. As someone else said here, as the theories get more outrageous, the less likely it is that's what happened. Jersey, Dane, MW, don't seem to be the types to plan the kidnapping of a baby, imo. Jersey is in jail, if he knew something he could make a deal on, imo, he would jump at that, he has nothing to lose.

I agree, I mentioned yesterday that there needs to be a level of coordination to pull everything off. The main thing that keeps me on the fence is at this point in time, I have not seen anything that links DB to MW/Jersey/Dane. And I don't believe that 11:57 call was just out of the blue either.

Or it could be as simple as Accomplice #1 actually having a cellphone to contact Accomplice #2 and not getting a signal for whatever reason or letting it go dead and deciding to try to use one of the three phones he snagged on the way out with Lisa. Accomplice #1 would have no idea that the phones were restricted before he/she tried it.

Ok, so why later try and check the voicemail twice and try to get on the internet? They would know after that first attempted call that the phone was restricted. I by no means think this group is smart enough to plan a kidnapping. I can believe one of them broke in to steal some stuff for drugs and that they stole to cell phones. I do not see them taking the baby. I also don't see why they would turn on all the lights in the house. I am open to a scenario where SODDI, I hope it wasn't the parents. But it seems all the theories involving SOD are too farfetched to be believable to me. Occam's razor and all that.

I agree, 'cept I still have my eye on Jersey as having a hand in this.

I agree, I mentioned yesterday that there needs to be a level of coordination to pull everything off. The main thing that keeps me on the fence is at this point in time, I have not seen anything that links DB to MW/Jersey/Dane. And I don't believe that 11:57 call was just out of the blue either.

DB/Jersey link: He lived across the street from the Irwins for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member